Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 01:10:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Placeholder

Pages: « 1 ... 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 [128] 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 ... 185 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Donated $2k+ To Charity] Clean Water Coin: A Crypto Charity (Pure PoS)  (Read 195659 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
networkcoinage

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2014, 04:24:24 PM

Here's Coins Source's Review of CleanWaterCoin:

http://www.coinssource.com/crypto-coins/cleanwatercoin/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Adatrader

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 05:57:38 PM

Here's Coins Source's Review of CleanWaterCoin:

http://www.coinssource.com/crypto-coins/cleanwatercoin/

Just found this website, looks great. Thanks for sharing.
crypto_ripper

Activity: 87

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 06:04:23 PM

Let's make a master list of all the issues we have with the coin?

- Wallet not syncing
- coins disappearing
- Coin not appearing correctly in the balance/stake bit
- Warning:Transaction may be incorrect error (Or along the lines of)

Anyting else?

I was there early to see all of the issues unfold. I sold most of my coins and went away for a few weeks, peeking in every now and then to see how things were coming along.

That being said, yesterday, after not using the wallet at all since the 9th, I was able to delete everything but my wallet.dat, and install the newest wallet without any issues. I was able to open the wallet and watched it synch (very quickly I might add) with no issues. It shows my balance correctly, and I have had no synching issues at all since. I have not tried to send anything as there is a 0.98 balance in the wallet, and my other coins are sitting in the 100-400 sat range on Bittrex and I don't want to disturb their chi.

I think the key for me has been to not use a conf. file, and just change your wallet qt name so it contains the -checknode=0  command. That seems to eliminate all possibility of the bad nodes messing with your wallet when you open it up, and for whatever reason, keeps it running once it is up.

Please let me know if you tried the above and it did not work for you. You MAY have coins from the old fork in your wallet.dat, which would mean the coins were no good and it may be confusing to watch the wallet deal with that issue if you didn't know what was happening.

My condolences to anyone stuck with bad coins.

Has anyone else been successful by not using a conf file and instead using the "checknode=0 option?

Thank you very much for putting the effort in a detailed reply. I will try this later and let you know how i get on.
zeetak

Activity: 140
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 07:11:10 PM

CleanWaterCoin is at the top of the MintPal voting list with 102172 votes. Should only be a matter of hours until they decide to put it on the exchange.

I would be prepared for a price increase once this happens (if past coin listing behaviors apply).
YouIsPeng

Activity: 175

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 07:32:12 PM

Please could we have an update from the devs, especially with Mintpal listing looming.

Specifically, is work under way to add the charity donation feature to the wallet? This is the main feature of this coin and it hasn't been present from day 1. If the coin hits Mintpal people will be asking questions as to why the coin is pretending to be a charity coin. Let's be clear, at this point there is ZERO charity aspect to the coin. The advertising banner also needs to get replaced in the wallet.

More work needs to be done on promotion/social media also. Launch was over a month ago and still everything is very low-key, please let us know what you have been spending the IPO BTC on. Are there other sponsors lined up or will the banner (when it eventually reappears) be forever selling belts?

Also, when a new wallet is released PLEASE change the version number so that people can check that they have the most up to date wallet. A big post on page one saying "Current Wallet is version 1.0.4" or whatever would be an intelligent idea.

Please post a response with your plans ASAP.
Kenta

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 08:34:19 PM

- Wallet not syncing
- coins disappearing

Anyting else?

I was there early to see all of the issues unfold. I sold most of my coins and went away for a few weeks, peeking in every now and then to see how things were coming along.

That being said, yesterday, after not using the wallet at all since the 9th, I was able to delete everything but my wallet.dat, and install the newest wallet without any issues. I was able to open the wallet and watched it synch (very quickly I might add) with no issues. It shows my balance correctly, and I have had no synching issues at all since. I have not tried to send anything as there is a 0.98 balance in the wallet, and my other coins are sitting in the 100-400 sat range on Bittrex and I don't want to disturb their chi.

I think the key for me has been to not use a conf. file, and just change your wallet qt name so it contains the -checknode=0  command. That seems to eliminate all possibility of the bad nodes messing with your wallet when you open it up, and for whatever reason, keeps it running once it is up.

Please let me know if you tried the above and it did not work for you. You MAY have coins from the old fork in your wallet.dat, which would mean the coins were no good and it may be confusing to watch the wallet deal with that issue if you didn't know what was happening.

Has anyone else been successful by not using a conf file and instead using the "checknode=0 option?

This actually works

Trade your cryptocoins at: ◣ bleutrade.com ◢◣ C-Cex.com ◢
wisdom

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 09:01:12 PM
Last edit: May 02, 2014, 09:25:25 PM by wisdom

Please could we have an update from the devs, especially with Mintpal listing looming.

Specifically, is work under way to add the charity donation feature to the wallet? This is the main feature of this coin and it hasn't been present from day 1. If the coin hits Mintpal people will be asking questions as to why the coin is pretending to be a charity coin. Let's be clear, at this point there is ZERO charity aspect to the coin. The advertising banner also needs to get replaced in the wallet.

More work needs to be done on promotion/social media also. Launch was over a month ago and still everything is very low-key, please let us know what you have been spending the IPO BTC on. Are there other sponsors lined up or will the banner (when it eventually reappears) be forever selling belts?

Also, when a new wallet is released PLEASE change the version number so that people can check that they have the most up to date wallet. A big post on page one saying "Current Wallet is version 1.0.4" or whatever would be an intelligent idea.

Please post a response with your plans ASAP.
 Whoever DEV he hires only do patch job and get paid not thing else he cares.  So he could get hire again to patch the wallet or compile Mac version of Wallet Huh Smiley
Sum up, the coin wallet still have bug.  Please change wallet version number when make any improvement.  always cleanwatercoin version 1.6.0.0 make people confusing and unprofessional. Especially those who get paid and don't have time to change it. Change the cleanwatercoin-qt.exe file name to cleanwatercoin-qt_4.exe  Roll Eyes everyone can do it.  
Smiley Good news hash rate is up and price, too.  
Miner beware of fork when solo or pool mining may come in later again. Even official pool Huh  Please check blockchains when in doubt.  Thanks
GAML

Activity: 214

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 09:03:03 PM

Well done everyone; we got Clean Water Coin to number 1 on Mintpal voting  Smiley  Keep voting please people.  5 Votes an hour  Wink https://www.mintpal.com/voting

GAML

Activity: 214

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 09:16:45 PM

- Wallet not syncing
- coins disappearing

Anyting else?

This actually works

OMG I love you.  This totally works and all of my coins are there.  Thank you xoxo    Grin

CleanWaterCoin (OP)

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2014, 09:28:39 PM

- Wallet not syncing
- coins disappearing

Anyting else?

This actually works

OMG I love you.  This totally works and all of my coins are there.  Thank you xoxo    Grin

As YouIsPeng would say:

CleanWaterCoin.org | A Crypto Charity
Stedy

Activity: 79

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 10:42:08 PM

- Wallet not syncing
- coins disappearing

Anyting else?

This actually works

So does this mean we have a wallet that's now working? I must admit i left mine running overnight and woke up to find it synced perfectly. For the record, I've kept my .conf file however I've removed all nodes and replaced them with just;

connect=107.170.209.91
connect=107.170.89.103

I really hope we have this nailed.
WALKEN-COIN

Activity: 269

Parsec Frontiers Pre-Sale 24.01.2018

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2014, 11:06:44 PM
Last edit: May 03, 2014, 12:39:05 AM by WALKEN-COIN

I am glad the solution worked for some people!

Here are step-by-step instructions for people who are not tech-savy and are  unaware how to fix the wallet:

So here is what I did that worked a few weeks ago and has worked with wallet updates since:

The problem seems to be that some people are still using the bad nodes/addresses from the previous fork. These addresses are kept in a file called the "conf" (short for "configuration") file in the %appdata%/cleanwatercoin folder. If a person using the bad addresses is connecting to a node you are connecting to, it will confuse the network and make funny things happen. Commanding your wallet to avoid connecting to nodes with bad behavior is the goal of these instructions.

1. You will need to access your roaming data folder if you have previously installed a wallet: to do this click on START and in the "search" field at the bottom of the START menu, type %appdata% and hit the ENTER button on your keyboard. You will be presented with a list of folders. Open the "cleanwatercoin" folder.
2. In the folder you will see a file called WALLET.DAT. THIS IS WHERE YOUR COINS ARE. COPY THIS FILE TO SAFE LOCATION IN CASE YOU DO SOMETHING WRONG.
3. Delete everything but your wallet.dat file from the %appdata%/cleanwatercoin folder.
4. Download the newest version of the wallet from the links provided in the original post of this thread.
5. Delete any previous shortcuts to wallet folders, and/or the old wallet folders themselves.
6. Unzip the new wallet to the desired destination.
7. You will see a "cleanwatercoin.conf" file in the wallet folder. You can just leave it there or delete it. DON'T put it in you %appdata%/cleanwatercoin folder, or it will attempt to connect to nodes in the .conf file.
8. Start up your wallet. Let it sync. If your coins aren't showing up after it syncs, make sure you had your original wallet.dat folder in the %appdata%cleanwatercoin folder before you started the wallet.

If the DOWNLOADABLE WALLET to just not have a conf file there at all, this post may become unnecessary to fix things?

Good luck.  Smiley

███
           ██▀██
          ██   ██
▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██     ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄
████████▄   ███    █████████▄   █████████  █████████▀  █████████
███   ▀██  █████   ███   ▀███  ████▀       ███        ███▀   ▀███
███   ▄█▀ ███▀███  ███   ▄███  ████▄▄▄     ███▄▄▄▄▄  ███       ▀
███████▀ ███   ███ ▀████████▀   ▀███████   ████████  ███
███▀▀▀  ███     ███ ▀█▀▀███     ▄   ▀▀███  ███       ███       ▄
███    ███       ███ ▀   ███   ███▄▄▄▄███  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███▄   ▄███
███   ███ ▄█████▄ ███     ███  ▀███████▀   ██████████  █████████
                   ███                                   ▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███  ▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████████▄ ███ ▀██████    ████    █████████████████  ██████████  █████████▄   █████████
███        ███    ▀█▄ ███    ▀███   █████   ███    ███    ███  ███         ███   ▀███  ████▀
███        ███    ▄██  ███     ███  ██████  ███    ███    ███  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███   ▄███  ████▄▄▄
████████████████████▀ ▄ ███    ███  ███ ███ ███    ███    ███  ██████████  █████████▀   ▀███████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀███   █▄ ███  ███   ███  ██████    ███    ███  ███         ███▀▀███     ▄   ▀▀███
███        ███   ███   █▄ ███ ▀█    ███   █████    ███    ███  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███   ███   ███▄▄▄▄███
███        ███    ███   ▀  ▀█▀      ███    ████    ███    ███  ██████████  ███    ███  ▀███████▀

███
    ███
███ ███ ███
    ▀▀▀  ██
███████████
██  ▄▄▄
███ ███ ███
    ▀▀▀  ██
███████████
██  ▄▄▄
███ ███ ███
    ███
    ███

███
    ███
███ ███ ███
██  ▀▀▀
███████████
    ▄▄▄  ██
███ ███ ███
██  ▀▀▀
███████████
    ▄▄▄  ██
███ ███ ███
    ███
    ███
[]
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Discord
Facebook
Twitter
Stedy

Activity: 79

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 11:36:12 PM

If the DOWNLOADABLE WALLET could be updated so that the QT.exe file had the checknode=0 already in the name, and a README with instructions to leave out the .conf file (or just not have a conf file there at all) this post may become unnecessary to fix things.

If it's really this simple, then it should be high on the dev's priority list.
ydrogios

Activity: 434

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 11:43:54 PM

Is there any problem with http://pool.cleanwatercoin.org
CleanWaterCoin (OP)

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2014, 11:46:03 PM

Is there any problem with http://pool.cleanwatercoin.org

We are pushing out a fix for a little bug with the statistics pages. But if you login and go to Dashboard -- it's all good there.

Other than that, it's working just fine Smiley

CleanWaterCoin.org | A Crypto Charity
chrissibel

Activity: 336

Got Crypto?

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 12:02:43 AM

to people having wallet synch issues...

1) download the new wallet
2) navigate to C:\Users\YOUR_PC_USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\cleanwatercoin
3) delete everything except wallet.dat file
4) create a text file named cleanwatercoin.conf
inside C:\Users\YOUR_PC_USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\cleanwatercoin folder

in this file, Use only these 2 nodes

connect=107.170.209.91
connect=107.170.89.103

5) start your wallet up and let it synch

I am on block 23403 with this conf file.

The conf file that came with the updated wallet tx fix does not work

I did this and Im stuck on block 19287 of the sync process. Any suggestions guys?
YouIsPeng

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 12:10:42 AM
Last edit: May 03, 2014, 12:38:52 AM by YouIsPeng

4. Open your new wallet folder, and Rename "cleanwatercoin -qt_4.exe" to "cleanwatercoin -qt_4 -checknode=0.exe"

I'm sorry but you are mistaken, that won't make any difference at all for 2 reasons:

1) That's not how you send a command-line option to an executable. All you have done is change the filename, try renaming it to "cleanwatercoin-qt_4 -thisdoesnothinguseful.exe" it will have just as little effect.

2) As far as I am aware there is no such command line option as -checknode=0. You may be getting confused with -checkblocks=0 which will force your wallet to check every block on startup.

If you want to run your wallet with a command line option there are a couple of ways to do this:

1) Open a command line window and navigate to the folder your executable is in, and type the following:

cleanwatercoin-qt_4.exe -checkblocks=0

(Note the -checkblocks=0 is AFTER the .exe)

2) Open a new file in notepad, type exactly the same as above and click "Save As", choose "All Files" as the file type and save it as "RunCW.bat" - put this file in the same folder as cleanwatercoin-qt_4.exe and run it. You have now created a batch file which you can create a shortcut to and run from your desktop, and change as you wish if you want to add further command-line options to your wallet's startup routine in the future.

(BTW I wouldn't recommend running your wallet with -checkblocks=0 every time as it will take a very long time to load up each time)

Also - the wallet seems to be syncing on its own without any problems now that the network has grown a bit. I just tried letting mine download the blockchain from scratch without using a conf file and it synced perfectly. If yours doesn't sync just leave it open for a while, it probably will get there on its own.
WALKEN-COIN

Activity: 269

Parsec Frontiers Pre-Sale 24.01.2018

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2014, 12:34:38 AM

4. Open your new wallet folder, and Rename "cleanwatercoin -qt_4.exe" to "cleanwatercoin -qt_4 -checknode=0.exe"

I'm sorry but you are mistaken, that won't make any difference at all for 2 reasons:

1) That's not how you send a command-line option to an executable. All you have done is change the filename, try renaming it to "cleanwatercoin-qt_4 -thisdoesnothinguseful.exe" it will have just as little effect.

2) As far as I am aware there is no such command line option as -checknode=0. You may be getting confused with -checkblocks=0 which will force your wallet to check every block on startup.

If you want to run your wallet with a command line option there are a couple of ways to do this:

1) Open a command line window and navigate to the folder your executable is in, and type the following:

2) Open a new file in notepad, type exactly the same as above and click "Save As", choose "All Files" as the file type and save it as "RunCW.bat" - put this file in the same folder as cleanwatercoin-qt_4.exe and run it. You have now created a batch file which you can create a shortcut to and run from your desktop, and change as you wish if you want to add further command-line options to your wallet's startup routine in the future.

(BTW I wouldn't recommend running your wallet with -checkblocks=0 every time as it will take a very long time to load up each time)

Doh! So I guess the -checknode=0 wasn't doing anything all along! LOL! I got that from a suggestion in IRC weeks ago.

If the -checknode=0 was useless, it must be that I kept the conf file out of my %appdata% folder that allowed me to avoid bad nodes. Where/what addresses does the wallet try to connect to if there is no conf file? Perhaps just leaving out the conf file altogether will work for most people?

(I edited my previous post now that I realize the -checknode=0 was not actually doing anything  Wink)

███
           ██▀██
          ██   ██
▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██     ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄
████████▄   ███    █████████▄   █████████  █████████▀  █████████
███   ▀██  █████   ███   ▀███  ████▀       ███        ███▀   ▀███
███   ▄█▀ ███▀███  ███   ▄███  ████▄▄▄     ███▄▄▄▄▄  ███       ▀
███████▀ ███   ███ ▀████████▀   ▀███████   ████████  ███
███▀▀▀  ███     ███ ▀█▀▀███     ▄   ▀▀███  ███       ███       ▄
███    ███       ███ ▀   ███   ███▄▄▄▄███  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███▄   ▄███
███   ███ ▄█████▄ ███     ███  ▀███████▀   ██████████  █████████
                   ███                                   ▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███  ▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████████▄ ███ ▀██████    ████    █████████████████  ██████████  █████████▄   █████████
███        ███    ▀█▄ ███    ▀███   █████   ███    ███    ███  ███         ███   ▀███  ████▀
███        ███    ▄██  ███     ███  ██████  ███    ███    ███  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███   ▄███  ████▄▄▄
████████████████████▀ ▄ ███    ███  ███ ███ ███    ███    ███  ██████████  █████████▀   ▀███████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀███   █▄ ███  ███   ███  ██████    ███    ███  ███         ███▀▀███     ▄   ▀▀███
███        ███   ███   █▄ ███ ▀█    ███   █████    ███    ███  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███   ███   ███▄▄▄▄███
███        ███    ███   ▀  ▀█▀      ███    ████    ███    ███  ██████████  ███    ███  ▀███████▀

███
    ███
███ ███ ███
    ▀▀▀  ██
███████████
██  ▄▄▄
███ ███ ███
    ▀▀▀  ██
███████████
██  ▄▄▄
███ ███ ███
    ███
    ███

███
    ███
███ ███ ███
██  ▀▀▀
███████████
    ▄▄▄  ██
███ ███ ███
██  ▀▀▀
███████████
    ▄▄▄  ██
███ ███ ███
    ███
    ███
[]
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Discord
Facebook
Twitter
YouIsPeng

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 12:42:09 AM

Doh! So I guess the -checknode=0 wasn't doing anything all along! LOL! I got that from a suggestion in IRC weeks ago.

If the -checknode=0 was useless, it must be that I kept the conf file out of my %appdata% folder that allowed me to avoid bad nodes. Where/what addresses does the wallet try to connect to if there is no conf file? Perhaps just leaving out the conf file altogether will work for most people?

If there is no conf file the wallet will just search the network for available nodes to connect to. I think the problem before was that there were too many bad nodes still transmitting forked blockchains but now that the network has grown a bit there are more 'good' nodes for the wallet to reach and so it's not a problem any more.
clockers25

Activity: 118

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 01:01:38 AM

when does PoS start for this coin? 
Pages: « 1 ... 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 [128] 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 ... 185 »
  Print  

Jump to: