Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:37:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to make old people understand Bitcoin?  (Read 4867 times)
coinfinger

Activity: 1638
Merit: 278

View Profile
August 17, 2020, 09:14:27 PM

Anyone, no matter their age, as far as they went to school and they can read and understand, there wouldn’t be much difficulties in explaining to them what cryptocurrency is all about. I know some old people where I live that are very intelligent, they are very brilliant that they can easily understand anything. I know that might not be the case for everyone, but by simply telling them that Bitcoin is a method of transaction, they will understand it better, instead of all these Bitcoin is a revolution and big grammars, just go straight to the point.

If they are good at making use of technology like smartphones, and they are into online banking and PayPal, they won’t have any problem understanding. And moreover I don’t see anything difficult in sending and receiving money with Bitcoin. Let’s say you’re making use of Coinbase, it’s not hard to just click on receive and copy your address right? So there isn’t much work in it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kawetsriyanto
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1086

Free Bitcoins Every Hour!

View Profile
August 17, 2020, 11:55:26 PM

It should depend on who the old people are. If they are familiar with the internet and even the digital business, then there is a chance to make them understand Bitcoin. Moreover, if they are open-minded people, it should be easier to tell them about Bitcoin. While if the old people are those people who rarely access the internet or even never know about the internet, then how they understand Bitcoin. They only can trust something real as they probably never know the digital business. Even worse, if old people always think badly about digital business. You will have no chance to debate them because they don't want to hear anything from you.  Cheesy

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
Janation

Activity: 1722
Merit: 528

View Profile
August 18, 2020, 12:51:35 AM

I think it is very hard for the old people to understand bitcoin. Beause bitcoin is really new to them and in there time when they are still young there is no crypto currency maybe they can still understand it but in a very slow way. It depends on teaching or extending the information to them.

If we are really willing to teach these old people, I don't think it would that hard.

But don't misunderstand what I am saying, I want them to use Bitcoin and it is on them if they wanted to gather more information about it. Using them can be taught to all of us, it is actually easy. They might want to hold it or maybe just use it to pay online or order online, it is on them. But making them understand what is all that, that would be really hard knowing how hard it is to teach them that.
lienfaye

Activity: 2926
Merit: 629

View Profile
August 20, 2020, 06:27:14 AM

It is difficult for old people to understand bitcoin specially if they are not updated to the new technology or simply contented to fiat and other popular payment system.

But I think it would be easy to say that bitcoin is a digital currency that is use online and has a volatile nature. Nowadays there are already many resources that can help on how to explain clearly about crypto and how it really works. If elder people are interested to know further about it I think they can grasp because its not too complicated.

TedMosby

Activity: 1120
Merit: 437

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5274318.0

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2020, 07:24:04 AM

The real challenge is educating those who don't use computers.

Yeah, lol.
I think this is the hierarchy: computer, mobile phone, internet, online banking, and bitcoin.

the problem is not only for old people but for people with conservative-minded as well.
"How can you get money, if you always stay at home?"
even cashless payment is difficult to understand Grin

Educating people about bitcoin is challenging, yet exhausting.

For me, bitcoin is a kind of gold, but in digital form.
When they asked me more, I will say yes to everything they said about what bitcoin is. LOL.
samputin

Activity: 1036
Merit: 294

View Profile
August 20, 2020, 07:57:20 AM

I just don't. I found out that most of the times I try to explain how Bitcoin works, it ends up being a waste of time. What I'd rather do is just go on and tell them as simply as I can the advantages of BTC, like: it's decentralized so nobody has control over it, you make your own privacy, supply is limited and it cannot be faked/double-spent.

If someone's then interested to read more, they'll do the research themselves. Otherwise, talking about how amazing it is usually ends with them wanting to purchase BTC just for its possible value increase.
Yeah, I think if I am going to explain it to an elderly who do not have a keen interest on technology, I think just stating the benefits simply is enough. I don't want to go that much into details when I know in the first place that he/she doesn't want to know the technicals about it. But, surely, I will tell them that if they would like to know more about it, particularly the technical side, then I will be very much willing to tell them all that I know. Smiley

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████     
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████   
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
!
ilovealtcoins

Activity: 1246
Merit: 263

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
August 20, 2020, 08:23:59 AM

Not so easy, old people it is difficult to learn something new. Bitcoin is too troublesome for them, bitcoin has both economic and technological value. If you want to refer you please introduce Bitcoin as a currency in your bank account and easy to transfer to others. Please explain simply not too mechanical. Good luck.
verita1

Activity: 1358
Merit: 81

View Profile
August 20, 2020, 08:45:52 AM

I like the idea of ​​teaching older people how to send and receive bitcoin. As well as doing it safely, accompany people when making their transactions so that they gain confidence in the new technology that they are learning.

It seems that it is difficult but not impossible. Just try us with love and patience that it is possible. This is a video I saw of an older man sending $FRM tokens to one of his sons. The video is inspiring because both of them are new to crypto.

https://twitter.com/TCryptoCurrency/status/1271219378994810880?s=19

carriebee

Activity: 1148
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 20, 2020, 02:41:32 PM
Last edit: August 21, 2020, 10:42:49 AM by carriebee

Not so easy, old people it is difficult to learn something new. Bitcoin is too troublesome for them, bitcoin has both economic and technological value. If you want to refer you please introduce Bitcoin as a currency in your bank account and easy to transfer to others. Please explain simply not too mechanical. Good luck.
That's right it's not easy to educate old people about bitcoin since mostly of it are always prefer the traditiontal payment system. Some could easily adopt this kind of system but for some not interested to learn. Yes that way through simple discussion could easily understand the oldies.
taufik0911

Activity: 1274
Merit: 104

HEX: Longer pays better

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2020, 04:03:16 PM

That's right it's not easy to educate old people about bitcoin since mostly of it are always prefer the traditiontal payment system. Some could easily adopt this kind of system but for some not interested to learn. Yes that way through simple discussion could easily understand the oldies.
I think there is a way to explain it to older people, maybe you don't need to explain bitcoin but rather cryptocurrency
I once explained it to my parents and they immediately understood, all I did was explain cryptocurrency and the decentralized financial system then exchange at a local exchanger and make a withdrawal
I think they find it difficult to understand if we do technical explanation but they will understand if we practice it

Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1359

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
August 20, 2020, 06:55:27 PM

Anyone, no matter their age, as far as they went to school and they can read and understand, there wouldn’t be much difficulties in explaining to them what cryptocurrency is all about. I know some old people where I live that are very intelligent, they are very brilliant that they can easily understand anything. I know that might not be the case for everyone, but by simply telling them that Bitcoin is a method of transaction, they will understand it better, instead of all these Bitcoin is a revolution and big grammars, just go straight to the point.

If they are good at making use of technology like smartphones, and they are into online banking and PayPal, they won’t have any problem understanding. And moreover I don’t see anything difficult in sending and receiving money with Bitcoin. Let’s say you’re making use of Coinbase, it’s not hard to just click on receive and copy your address right? So there isn’t much work in it.

That's certainly true, mate. "Where there's a will, there's a way". Basically, we have many centralized wallet providers (like Coinbase and Xapo) which are easy to use by anyone with limited to no technical knowledge. User friendliness is what makes the process of sending/receiving Bitcoin a much easier one. To my surprise, none of the wallets I've stumbled into have accessibility features. This could prove to be quite challenging for the hearing or vision impaired, limiting Bitcoin's adoption in the mainstream world. Since most elder people have either vision or hearing problems, they'll be unable to use Bitcoin in their daily lives. At this point, it's recommended that a custodian manages the elder person's funds. If Bitcoin's popularity continues to grow, centralized wallet providers might someday adopt accessibility features.

Nonetheless, I have to admit that there's a lot of education material about Bitcoin available through various sources these days. We have books, videos, web articles, and more which helps anyone new into crypto get started with it right away. No matter what our efforts will be to drive old people into using Bitcoin, the majority will stick to Fiat because of its ease of use. After all, Fiat can be used physically without any Internet connection (or electricity) whatsoever. With years of trust being backed by the government, it's no wonder why most old people haven't switched to digital payments for day-to-day transactions. I believe that young people will be the ones that will truly adopt Bitcoin (and other cryptocurrencies) for their own benefit. Just my opinion Smiley

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Argoo

Activity: 2268
Merit: 225

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
August 20, 2020, 07:49:36 PM

It is unlikely that old people can already be taught to understand bitcoin, and even more so to teach how to work with cryptocurrency. This is no longer their time. Most old people don't even want to hear about cryptocurrency. If they do not see money in their hands, it is not money for them.
A significant proportion of people will soon be working with cryptocurrency. These will be those who are now attending schools and preschool institutions.

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
ReiMomo

Activity: 2366
Merit: 305

Duelbits - $100k Bonus/week

View Profile
August 20, 2020, 08:03:09 PM

It is unlikely that old people can already be taught to understand bitcoin, and even more so to teach how to work with cryptocurrency. This is no longer their time. Most old people don't even want to hear about cryptocurrency. If they do not see money in their hands, it is not money for them.
A significant proportion of people will soon be working with cryptocurrency. These will be those who are now attending schools and preschool institutions.
Just the truth and this is the fact.

I think this bitcoin and the technology behind on it is for the millennial people who are willing to understand about techy related stuff. Old peope will never understand cryptocurrency, one factor is just because they can't able to read properly those codes and numbers and what on their mind is traditional method of payment. But I will not consider this in general, I saw that there are some old people still can manage gadgets like cellphone and laptops, it no make sense if they dont understand related with bitcoin.

Duelbits
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DICE 
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████████████████████
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███                         ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
MINES 
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
█████                ██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
█████                ██████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
PLINKO 
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
DomainTorrent

Activity: 82
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 20, 2020, 08:15:22 PM

I feel that old people generally don't like to be taught. And so I think the word 'teaching' is not the proper term to be used for them. I guess it's more appropriate if one does it in a manner of somewhat like sharing stories about bitcoin. Old people like to hear stories of all sorts. It somehow gives them the ability to use their imagination and develop their critical thinking. By a story-telling approach, I believe the old ones are more inclined to listening especially when once in a while you insert it with some nice jokes. They like to smile, to laugh and to be merry. It takes time though for them to understand much about bitcoin but, for sure, a basic understanding about it would be easy and achievable.
#dhabitamartha

Activity: 673
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 21, 2020, 04:10:30 AM

I think parents in the past find it hard to understand bitcoin sometimes my parents don't understand why I can be lazy in my room and only look at computers and cell phones that don't work but when they get money from new cryptocurrency jobs they understand that work doesn't should look wherever technology can be of great help to many people. then they understand and I will teach how I work in bitcoin with the understanding that they can accept but I will not teach them to work in cryptocurrency because this is very risky when we don't really understand unless we can meet face to face with experienced
erikoy

Activity: 686
Merit: 125

View Profile
August 21, 2020, 04:53:47 AM

It is not that easy actually and let just encourage them to learn more about cryptocurrency by sharing how they can get an opportunity to earn by trading with bitcoin like the stock market. This is not new since stock market trading is already known from all over the world who are doing stock market exchange trading. Now, with bitcoin it will be easier to earn with high market volatility. But still the user must be aware too the high risk that bitcoin also could bring that could lead to high losses. As we all know that bitcoin haf experience market crash often.
ilovealtcoins

Activity: 1246
Merit: 263

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
August 21, 2020, 09:30:41 AM

As simple as possible because they don't care about Bitcoin relative to conventional currency. But if the elderly are those already working in a business or technology environment, then they may be able to care about and understand bitcoin faster. There are too many multilevel models involved in bitcoin right now, and that sucks. My parents didn't accept bitcoin and they mistook bitcoin for a scam. They would rather deposit money in banks or buy real estate than buy bitcoin.
Mor254

Activity: 266
Merit: 88

View Profile
August 21, 2020, 09:48:56 AM

I find it difficult to explain this matter not only to elderly people, but to all the people around me, but I simplify and facilitate things by explaining the features of these digital currencies and tell them that it is a new way of money and quickly pay online without using any tangible financial papers.
imstillthebest

Activity: 1638
Merit: 122

View Profile
August 21, 2020, 09:52:42 AM

It is not that easy actually and let just encourage them to learn more about cryptocurrency by sharing how they can get an opportunity to earn by trading with bitcoin like the stock market. This is not new since stock market trading is already known from all over the world who are doing stock market exchange trading. Now, with bitcoin it will be easier to earn with high market volatility. But still the user must be aware too the high risk that bitcoin also could bring that could lead to high losses. As we all know that bitcoin haf experience market crash often.

good idea . why i never think of that ? bitcoin is new but trading stocks isnt.  usually those who are involved on stocks trading are middle age to mature people  . you are right that if we use that as an example maybe we can increase our chance of getting them to try bitcoin . stocks are still indemand today  . on news on tv , radio , news papers and others, theres always info about stocks.  we can tell them that bitcoin isnt popular yet but soon , btc are also going to have its daily updates publically .
budi691

Activity: 1204
Merit: 259

View Profile
August 21, 2020, 01:56:47 PM

if indeed they are interested in understanding bitcoin they need patience and thoroughness to teach it,
but my question is whether they are interested in learning it ??
I am sure they are comfortable using paper money and do not want to bother using Bitcoin with all the technology,
but that doesn't mean parents can't, there must be some parents out there who already understand Bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: