Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:10:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 [465] 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 ... 788 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [UNO] Unobtanium Info & Discussion - Merge Mine w/BTC! - Update NOW to qt 0.11.5  (Read 1046628 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 11:01:00 PM

Morning, campers. Me busy studying (and blogging about) the Greece-China Thang. Gonna catch up on my reading here as well.

m

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 01:21:59 AM
Last edit: July 10, 2015, 01:36:48 AM by BitcoinNational

litecoin has done more volume than bitcoin in the last 24hrs.
$42 M to $40 M.

knew this action was coming (failed to capitalize on it).
silly me thought the 'market' wouldn't let a main stream asset x3-4 in 7 days.

for the uno is it paired with btc or $ theory, well this week it is nice to be paired with ltc Wink
see ... doge, zeit, rabbit, ctm, karma, lot
some are being dumped hard for shiny $7 ltc and others are holding to the 'litoshi?' priceline.

*sidenote
RE: ranking kings & queens

litecoin has now crushed  ripples MC to take a solid grasp of #2 crypto spot.

doge now handles the same ave. daily liquidity volume as ripple.
the difference is in the MC $19M to $285M.
which do you think will see more capital gains?

for #5 crypto spot
Peer verses Dash
the older coin will win Wink

#1 btc
#2 ltc
#3 doge
#4 rip
#5 pp

now somewhere in the top #10 you should find name coin, MM to bitcoin but high daily inflation, unfair distro, and what utility i don't know how to convert it into a domain name do you?

yeah ... that's where UNO belongs and will be on the list ... top10 ... we're gonna eat namecoins lunch.  

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1076

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2015, 02:21:03 AM

@BN, I'm out of the loop. Is there news on LTC, or just a big pump?

Nostr:
npub14wk4hrq6atlq020c7r6eyylpu9gjukyqzafzxu6u80unqfrplq9qhtx8sy
BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 03:02:26 AM
Last edit: July 10, 2015, 03:37:08 AM by BitcoinNational

it's halftime
(well at least the general public is aware that it will happen in the next couple of months)

that's why i say easy play.  i thought about taking a position in the spring, but only have so much capital, and i dislike inflationary coins Wink

but the good news is that LTC chips away at the "Bitcoin and Bitcoin only" mantra.

the general crypto public will start to buy LTC then some Doge, next a couple of Peer, maybe a NXT coin.

after they discover the easy and variety of ALT trading (and get hooked on it), well then, just a matter of time before they start looking for low inflation, yet stable/strong network.  

Hello UNO Wink

A cool metric is Dominance Index: 81% [http://coincap.io/#/ << shapeshift]
That's BTC crown ... verses all the rest.
Was solid 85% ... knocking off 3-4% in a week is huge.
I will take bets that it hits the 70s before 2016.

**SideNOTE
Just a hunch, no solid documents yet, but China is pumping LTC after they pumped the lot of older alts.  So those gains for last month are helping to spike the litecoin prices (LTC/BTC ratio is insane peak) ... long term China is seeking to promote an array of Scrypt coins because they have a monopoly on that tech and hold the majority of ltc/doge coins already.  So LTC, Doge, sys, mega, world, tips, Earth, BBQ, exc, franko, meow, LOT have a future (because it is in China's interest to keep Scrypt coins alive and traded in volume).  However, China seems to ignore building up communities and web/dev/coin resources.  Try finding decent info in English for ZCC, Union, Boost, Nas, sak, xsi ... these are china-centric coins and could just be vapor ... just Eastern pumper projects.

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██

██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
SgtMoth

Activity: 910
Merit: 1004

buy silver!

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 04:39:27 AM
Last edit: July 10, 2015, 04:50:00 AM by SgtMoth

@BN, I'm out of the loop. Is there news on LTC, or just a big pump?

51 million 24 hr volume would be quite the pump(higher volume then btc)

*bought all mine @ $1
tertius993

Activity: 1029
Merit: 712

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 06:16:59 AM

i don't understand how people can question the utility of a stable store-of-value crypto when reading about all this greece stuff

It happened the other day.  I can't remember the quote, but he / she was arguing that Greek bail-ins are only theory and haven't been announced yet...pure conjecture.  And, $UNO had no utility. Rest assured, Greeks wished that they had withdrawn their savings months ago and bought BTC, or $UNO or gold, whatever hard assets. Anything, really:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-07-09/greece-enters-its-crack-boom-phase-when-fridges-become-money

The denial of concerted bail-ins is laughable as the IMF has already outlined the procedure years ago. As depositors, we didn't get to have any fun with the money, but still get to bail out the banksters for the "common good."  For some boring reading, see:

LoL, that was me and what I actually said was:

"Well ignoring the fact that a bail-in hasn't actually happened yet (it is still speculation I think?) and that they tend not to give any warning of it; let's assume you correctly predicted jthat it would happen and had, say €10,000 to protect. How would you go about it?

€10,000 is over 2% of the total market cap of UNO - I don't really see how UNO could be a store of value in a meaningful way for those sort of sums? Even trying to buy that many would move the price horribly, and selling them would do the reverse - the person doing this would lose out both ways."

So, firstly I did not deny the possibility of a bail-in, merely pointed out that it hadn't happened yet, but my key point was that, in my view, UNO cannot today provide the sort of utility which you are suggesting, because it's market cap is far too small.

If you disagree then I would be interested to hear your analysis.
Krypto Superdog

Activity: 140
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 04:52:24 PM

i don't understand how people can question the utility of a stable store-of-value crypto when reading about all this greece stuff

It happened the other day.  I can't remember the quote, but he / she was arguing that Greek bail-ins are only theory and haven't been announced yet...pure conjecture.  And, $UNO had no utility. Rest assured, Greeks wished that they had withdrawn their savings months ago and bought BTC, or $UNO or gold, whatever hard assets. Anything, really:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-07-09/greece-enters-its-crack-boom-phase-when-fridges-become-money

The denial of concerted bail-ins is laughable as the IMF has already outlined the procedure years ago. As depositors, we didn't get to have any fun with the money, but still get to bail out the banksters for the "common good."  For some boring reading, see:

"Well ignoring the fact that a bail-in hasn't actually happened yet (it is still speculation I think?) and that they tend not to give any warning of it; let's assume you correctly predicted jthat it would happen and had, say €10,000 to protect. How would you go about it?

€10,000 is over 2% of the total market cap of UNO - I don't really see how UNO could be a store of value in a meaningful way for those sort of sums? Even trying to buy that many would move the price horribly, and selling them would do the reverse - the person doing this would lose out both ways."

So, firstly I did not deny the possibility of a bail-in, merely pointed out that it hadn't happened yet, but my key point was that, in my view, UNO cannot today provide the sort of utility which you are suggesting, because it's market cap is far too small.

those are some pretty good points you make.

as for the buying in, yeah, you have to buy in gradually at this point in time; that much UNO is unobtainable without raising prices significantly.  but as for the cashing out, that was one of the things that the in house exchange was supposed to cover...you should show up and organize a huge sell without dropping the market because there are a number of us who would be interested in buying big chunk like that at market price

The rarest and fairest...Unobtanium
uRbd8HQKzKGTntYTHagHqKz25SaSaUuLzZ
BlueMan.

Activity: 339
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 09:57:51 PM

those are some pretty good points you make.

as for the buying in, yeah, you have to buy in gradually at this point in time; that much UNO is unobtainable without raising prices significantly.  but as for the cashing out, that was one of the things that the in house exchange was supposed to cover...you should show up and organize a huge sell without dropping the market because there are a number of us who would be interested in buying big chunk like that at market price

I don't think  €10,000 going to raising prices significantly! You never ever  need to pump it. You just put your buy order/s below or on current price. Stay there for 3-5  days and see how impatient people start selling on you big time. your entry is the other people exit and if nobody want to exit just move just a little bit that buy level every week and you see how this  €10,000 is melted down! So if you live in Greece or   Venezuela or whatever country you just need patience and you can enter not with just €10,000 ,but with whatever amount you want!

sirsmokesalot

Activity: 767
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 10:28:28 PM

I do agree with tertius993 in that our MC isn't where it needs to be to fully support the function of Uno. As the MC grows, the utility grows as people realize they can actually have a functioning digital 'bank' account without any of the negative bank stuff. None of the 'insurance' though, but you have your self to have faith in, instead of some faceless schmuck.

In theory, if no one sold off, that guy who bought in for 10k could then just as easily sell it again, since the money would still be in the pool, so to say. But we don't live in a vacuum so yeah, if the person buying in pushed the price up too high and caused a lot of people to sell off, he could really be screwed trying to exit then if he wanted to. Classic problem, it exists today with the banking industries and shit. It isn't a unique problem to Uno, or anything else that acts as a socialized store of value.

We can't grow when we won't criticize ourselves!
-->>>Unobtanium - The crypto you keep!<<<--
IMZ
Legendary

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 10:43:11 PM

" . . . you should show up and organize a huge sell without dropping the market because there are a number of us who would be interested in buying big chunk like that at market price."

Luckily, Superdog, it's a matter of consciousness more than having a formal mechanism. That is, we can and will do exactly this in the future.

And an anecdote: back in mid-2013, when we were devving with Yacoin, one of the guys announced the sale of a big chunk of coin -- 330,000, from memory. What happened was that a price was agreed upon right there in the thread, and a time agreed upon. At that time, the seller put the coin up on Cryptsy, and the buyer hit the button two seconds later. No market fluctuation at all.

IMZ Mark
cryptonit
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1053

bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2015, 11:25:05 PM
Last edit: July 10, 2015, 11:59:54 PM by cryptonit

wow it needed ages to catch ya Smiley

congrats Unobtanium

our market research did show us u have a similar setting as a storage of wealth solution
and catch up with ur marketcap was a motivation for us

i think there is more than enough space for both coins in this market
i see us both as one of the 50-100 coins that will be established longterm as the core of crypto business

i did think its time to post here so u know other coins watching u
and the friendly competition on coinmarketcap can be done in best sportsmanship

i also have a question from technical part that interest me

how well did merged mining with BTC work out for u
did major pools include u?

Diamond [DMD]     uNiq.Diamonds  
Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2015, 02:21:25 AM

Tag, you're it!

Congrats to Diamond on it's run up.

We had a good long discussion about merge mining here, and there were good reasons both pro and con.   It was a challenge for us. But since we committed to it, merge mining took us from about 15 ths to 2 phs.  It fluctuates, currently about 900 ths. Some of this recnet hash loss is due to Mmpool being under ddos, and also ispace had taken Uno down for maintenance until just recently.

It was important to start building pool relationships early, and then keep doing outreach. Uno has not been picked up by the ghash's and slushes yet, but I remain optimistic.  Some of the pools are run by die-hard bitcoin operators who swear they will never add an altcoin; their loss, imo.

I think strengthening the security of the blockchain was a very good move for Uno, and a vote for the future. Uno will not be mined out for 300 years.  

Nostr:
IMZ
Legendary

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 03:45:40 AM

Welcome, Cryptonit. Yes, there's room for mutually beneficial collaborations. Annual Global Economic Whatsit is $74 Trillion. We'll go you halvies!

IMZ Mark
FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2015, 03:49:10 AM

Cryptopia has a DMD/UNO market.   We need some DMD over there. 
https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Exchange?market=DMD_UNO

Nostr:
edgar
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 05:51:58 AM

i have had AVG Internet security for'ever' with no problems

i installed Ad Aware this week.

after installing ad-aware, AVG has removed my flax.exe, unobtanium.exe and marked them as trojans (not allowing me to ignore/allow)

so ive deleted ad-aware & re-installed flax & uno wallets.

flax = synched as expected. no problem

uno STILL wont begin synching...wtf??

also - malware-bytes activation key was removed/deleted somehow ( i can only assume ad-aware or AVG)

getting flustered again with this nonsense

IMZ
Legendary

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 06:13:21 AM

Deep breath, colleague Edgar! Someone here will be able to talk you through this.

Meanwhile:

"One or two of the weaker [Greek] banks may need a capital boost of €10bn to €15bn, involving a potential "bail-in" of savings above the insured threshold of €100,000." [my italics]

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/economics/11732926/Crippled-Greece-yields-to-overwhelming-power-as-deal-looms.html
cragv

Activity: 342

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 06:15:17 AM

Thank you for the feedback.  I am starting to fix the items that are actually broken, such as the QR code scanning.

https://github.com/HashEngineering/unobtanium-wallet/releases/tag/v0.22-beta

Here is the latest beta version that includes 1 fix.  The other user interface ideas will be more difficult to change, but are possible.  The test issue on the Paper Wallet sweep can be changed for English, but I can't change the other languages without help.

On my device the exchange rates were visible (but I can add a backup exchange to get the UNO price, this has helped in the past).

On my device, the transaction fee does show up, but I did have to change it to 6 decimals on the Settings.  I changed the default be UNO instead of mUNO for displaying the amounts.  I will change it to kg UNO later.

Missed this post last week! Thanks for the update, will check it out soon and report back.

--
Edgar: you may be to reinstall the Uno wallet from scratch. Recommend you temporarily doable AVG while you do so (right click on AVG's system tray icon and select the option). Might also be worth adding unobtanium.exe to the Exceptions list in AVG's options.
IanRidgwell

Activity: 263

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 06:56:21 AM

I still maintain Market Cap as a woefully inadequate metric and volume as a far more useful indication of a coins potential.

Both metrics however capture such a small amount of information that without some form of context they become little more than karma scores. They have important because we give them importance but they really don't mean what they are advertised to mean.

ARBITAO████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
ARBITAO - DECENTRALIZING ARBITRAGE               
T H E   N E W   W A Y   O F
A R B I T R A G E   T R A D I N G
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
         ▄
        ▄██▄
       ▄█████▄
      ▄███████▄
     ▄█████████▄
    █
███████████
  ▄███
███████████▄
 ▄████
████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▀██████████████████▀
 ▀███████
██████████▀
  ▀████
███████████
   ▀█
████████████▀
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
█████████████  ██▄
██             ████▄
██             ██ ▀██▄
██        ▄█▄  ████████
██       ▄███▄       
██      ▄█▀ ▀█▄      ██
██     ▄█▀▄██▀█▄     ██
██    ▄████▀  ▀█▄    ██
██   █████████████   ██
██   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██
██   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██
██                   ██
███████████████████████
❱❱❱ Download WHITEPAPER
FACEBOOK       TELEGRAM
────      TWITTER      ────
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
IanRidgwell

Activity: 263

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 06:58:00 AM

i have had AVG Internet security for'ever' with no problems

i installed Ad Aware this week.

after installing ad-aware, AVG has removed my flax.exe, unobtanium.exe and marked them as trojans (not allowing me to ignore/allow)

so ive deleted ad-aware & re-installed flax & uno wallets.

flax = synched as expected. no problem

uno STILL wont begin synching...wtf??

also - malware-bytes activation key was removed/deleted somehow ( i can only assume ad-aware or AVG)

getting flustered again with this nonsense

Not a huge fan of ad-aware and havnt used it recently. I find about 80% of machines that come to me for virus removal or because the internet is not working when it is have AVG and an AVG related issue. Malware bytes has been for me a god send for speeding up infection cleen ups on client computers though I have seen it eat other antivirus programs.

ARBITAO████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
ARBITAO - DECENTRALIZING ARBITRAGE               
T H E   N E W   W A Y   O F
A R B I T R A G E   T R A D I N G
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
         ▄
        ▄██▄
       ▄█████▄
      ▄███████▄
     ▄█████████▄
    █
███████████
  ▄███
███████████▄
 ▄████
████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▀██████████████████▀
 ▀███████
██████████▀
  ▀████
███████████
   ▀█
████████████▀
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
█████████████  ██▄
██             ████▄
██             ██ ▀██▄
██        ▄█▄  ████████
██       ▄███▄       
██      ▄█▀ ▀█▄      ██
██     ▄█▀▄██▀█▄     ██
██    ▄████▀  ▀█▄    ██
██   █████████████   ██
██   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██
██   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██
██                   ██
███████████████████████
❱❱❱ Download WHITEPAPER
FACEBOOK       TELEGRAM
────      TWITTER      ────
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
cryptonit
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1053

bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2015, 08:18:40 AM

Cryptopia has a DMD/UNO market.   We need some DMD over there. 
https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Exchange?market=DMD_UNO

will share that with community
but if someone want to sacrifice the 50% POS on DMD for now i dont know

i see u took back the lead again at coinmarketcap  Shocked

Diamond [DMD]     uNiq.Diamonds  
Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
Pages: « 1 ... 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 [465] 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 ... 788 »
  Print  

Jump to: