Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:36:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 [327] 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 ... 788 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [UNO] Unobtanium Info & Discussion - Merge Mine w/BTC! - Update NOW to qt 0.11.5  (Read 1046629 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Zelig

Activity: 317
Merit: 250

The Tao that can be told is not the eternal Tao

View Profile
February 16, 2015, 06:35:44 AM

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Can't afford any Bitcoin-to-buy-Uno for a few weeks. At risk of gnawing my foot off in frustration.

Welcome ftc-flow99999 and NotAPonzi

I'm with you.  I scooped up a few just now... but, I'm afraid that's it for a bit... same feeling of frustration.

Z

BTC: uK4fe8Yt4S5oytjqoLJzFgmUfQquWiK4jP
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 16, 2015, 07:07:30 AM

Can't afford any Bitcoin-to-buy-Uno for a few weeks. At risk of gnawing my foot off in frustration.

I'm with you.  I scooped up a few just now... but, I'm afraid that's it for a bit... same feeling of frustration.

Z

Did the Bter hackers also get UNO from bter?
I mean, the selling pressure looks so big that there is something fishy or is it normal?
Zelig

View Profile
February 16, 2015, 07:09:40 AM

I'm with you.  I scooped up a few just now... but, I'm afraid that's it for a bit... same feeling of frustration.

Z

I mean, the selling pressure looks so big that there is something fishy or is it normal?

I don't know about that.  But, I was thinking the same thing about the selling pressure.  I was wondering earlier if this could possibly be fall out from Gekko?  I mean, it doesn't have to be all Gekko.  One person dumps and many follow suit.  Funny, Gekko sent me (all of us - on Crypto Coin Talk) a link to Wolong's "book" - right before his dump.  He said that he had just been reviewing it.  ... A year into this and I'm still no match for a dump of 800... ha ha (laughing at myself, here).  Gekko's dump of 800, I've been able to absorb about 70.

Z

IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
February 16, 2015, 07:24:02 AM

Zelig:

good theorist gotta say it like it is:

each currency has several communities -- certainly 'good' (altruistic) and 'bad' (v. selfish). In a 'big' coin -- not rare like us -- the possibility of organising within the community is slim. That is why I am here -- great small-cap crypto.

Once it's clear (in a small-cap coin) that concerted long-term effort can undoubtedly result in control by the good faction, then all they need to do is stick to their guns: buy more than they sell; invest in and participate in 'accelerator projects' (like Un-Ex); and reward those who do likewise.

Zelig

View Profile
February 16, 2015, 07:29:31 AM

I'm with you.  I scooped up a few just now... but, I'm afraid that's it for a bit... same feeling of frustration.

Z

I don't know about that.  But, I was thinking the same thing about the selling pressure.  I was wondering earlier if this could possibly be fall out from Gekko?  I mean, it doesn't have to be all Gekko.  One person dumps and many follow suit.  Funny, Gekko sent me (all of us - on Crypto Coin Talk) a link to Wolong's "book" - right before his dump.  He said that he had just been reviewing it.  ... A year into this and I'm still no match for a dump of 800... ha ha (laughing at myself, here).  Gekko's dump of 800, I've been able to absorb about 70.

Hopefully I am closing on a home refinance this next week and won't have a March payment.  I'm hoping that the closing will be low and the difference between the closing and March payment I will put into BTC.  I'm currently planning to put a quarter of that into UNO and perhaps a sixth into MZC (still thinking that one).  But then, the closing could be as much as the March payment, and then... I don't know... the usual, I guess. 

Z

Zelig

View Profile
February 16, 2015, 07:33:49 AM
Last edit: February 16, 2015, 07:47:44 AM by Zelig

Price is too low.

You're just letting them potato patch vampires scoop up some cheap basketfuls!

Poor potatoes are so scared they close their eyes.   Grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c99NfY7S1aA

-A young Morgan Freeman depicting the life of a potato trader

ROFLMAO!

... Oh, that's precious.  

I'm about to scoop up a cheap basket.

Was it my imagination, or did I read someone say come March that they're dropping 200k?  

Z

it wasnt your imagination, it was a bunch of lies by 'our' new found friend '20hrs to go'

aka - 'tryin to make something outta nothin, yo'

aka - waste of time & space, imho

YMMV

Yeah... I caught bits of that... I think I saw one that said, 18 hours till UNO takes off (or something).  I should have paid better attention to the name of the poster.  

Like anyone, I want to make a profit off of my UNO, but my time horizon is longer term than weeks or months.  I have come to UNO little by little to the point that my investment is more than just a quick profit, but rather, seeing this coin succeed long term.  I think that many in this community share the same sentiment.  And, that's what I love about this coin and community.  

Z

TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

View Profile
February 16, 2015, 07:45:49 AM

Z

Hopefully I am closing on a home refinance this next week and won't have a March payment.  I'm hoping that the closing will be low and the difference between the closing and March payment I will put into BTC.  I'm currently planning to put a quarter of that into UNO and perhaps a sixth into MZC (still thinking that one).  But then, the closing could be as much as the March payment, and then... I don't know... the usual, I guess. 

Z

Who is Gekko?
Zelig

View Profile
February 16, 2015, 07:50:11 AM

Z

Hopefully I am closing on a home refinance this next week and won't have a March payment.  I'm hoping that the closing will be low and the difference between the closing and March payment I will put into BTC.  I'm currently planning to put a quarter of that into UNO and perhaps a sixth into MZC (still thinking that one).  But then, the closing could be as much as the March payment, and then... I don't know... the usual, I guess.  

Z

Who is Gekko?

Not sure.  I first saw him over on Crypto Coin Talk... I wasn't over there for all of those discussions.  Just early on I saw him over there ... and, he mentioned, "the book".  I asked what the book was and he sent me a link to what he called, "Wolong's book".  I think I saw a few posts from him on here... and then read a couple days later that he had dumped 800 UNO.  The file name for Wolong's book is "god", i.e. "Game of Deception".  That's all I know.  

https://cryptofrenzy.files.wordpress.com/2014/02/god.pdf

(I did a Google search to find that again)

Him / he ... agree with cragv... you know, could be a she?

Z

TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

View Profile
February 16, 2015, 08:14:54 AM

Z

Hopefully I am closing on a home refinance this next week and won't have a March payment.  I'm hoping that the closing will be low and the difference between the closing and March payment I will put into BTC.  I'm currently planning to put a quarter of that into UNO and perhaps a sixth into MZC (still thinking that one).  But then, the closing could be as much as the March payment, and then... I don't know... the usual, I guess.  

Z

Who is Gekko?

Not sure.  I first saw him over on Crypto Coin Talk... I wasn't over there for all of those discussions.  Just early on I saw him over there ... and, he mentioned, "the book".  I asked what the book was and he sent me a link to what he called, "Wolong's book".  I think I saw a few posts from him on here... and then read a couple days later that he had dumped 800 UNO.  The file name for Wolong's book is "god", i.e. "Game of Deception".  That's all I know.  

Z

800 UNO these days are not that big money, it is only 1600 usd.
In liquid markets it shouldn't affect too much on price.
For instance, if a bullion dealer sells gold and needs USD to cover the sale, there need to be liquidity for the dealer enough to get the dollars out since bullion business is all about managing fiat/gold ratio.

You do not get even 2 oz of gold with 800 UNO these days. It is better they dump it now while it is cheap instead of dumping 800 UNO when the price is really high.
Zelig

View Profile
February 16, 2015, 08:29:55 AM
Last edit: February 16, 2015, 08:42:06 AM by Zelig

Z

Z

Who is Gekko?

Z

For instance, if a bullion dealer sells gold and needs USD to cover the sale, there need to be liquidity for the dealer enough to get the dollars out since bullion business is all about managing fiat/gold ratio.

You do not get even 2 oz of gold with 800 UNO these days. It is better they dump it now while it is cheap instead of dumping 800 UNO when the price is really high.

Well... the present market cap of UNO is less than half a million.  It went over a million last week (1.2)... but point being; even small amounts have ripple effects.  "Animal Spirits" and all that... One person selling off a large amount triggers other people to sell off... or vice versa.  Adds up...  I "try" to do the opposite... but, best laid plans.  

But, I see what you're saying about the possible BTER factor.  Perhaps someone more insightful will chime in.  Seems a BTER Cheater would be easy to track if they have a verified account on Crypsty? 

Z

TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

View Profile
February 16, 2015, 08:41:42 AM

Z

Z

Who is Gekko?

Z

Well... the present market cap of UNO is less than half a million.  It went over a million last week (1.2)... but point being; even small amounts have ripple effects.  "Animal Spirits" and all that... One person selling off a large amount triggers other people to sell off... or vice versa.  Adds up...  I "try" to do the opposite... but, best laid plans.  

But, I see what you're saying about the possible BTER factor.  Perhaps someone more insightful will chime in.

Z

Now definetely is a good time to buy but not all-in neither.
Just do the budgeting well and divide the monthly UNO allowance how many bitcoins one can afford to spend on supporting the coin on daily basis and stick to it. The disciplineship is the key here. There is not really that many coins even available and nobody can't dump more coins than there exists.
Zelig

View Profile
February 16, 2015, 08:44:41 AM
Last edit: February 16, 2015, 09:18:24 AM by Zelig

Z

Z

Who is Gekko?

Z

But, I see what you're saying about the possible BTER factor.  Perhaps someone more insightful will chime in.

Z

Just do the budgeting well and divide the monthly UNO allowance how many bitcoins one can afford to spend on supporting the coin on daily basis and stick to it. The disciplineship is the key here. There is not really that many coins even available and nobody can't dump more coins than there exists.

Good advice.  Dollar cost average.

This thread is getting rather bloated!

Z
(Business School Graduate - Project Management)
aka Dave  

Which reminds me... I'm graduating at the end of this month.  Graduate Degree in Project Management.  No, I don't have my PMI certificate.  Still, anyone want to hire a newly minted Project Manager?  Project Risk Management.  Earned Value Management.  Planning a project start to finish.  Etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KsxHlJuVBU

DDingC

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 16, 2015, 08:45:04 AM

Hi cragv, Thank you for the reply, so I have been trying from steps 1 to 6.
I am running on windows 7, and non of the solutions you provided work for me.
I do not know what is happening, I tried to delete the wallet and reinstall and now it is 80 weeks behind with no block source available...

Would that be something wrong with my Unobtanium.conf setting?

By default in a new installation, there isn't a *.conf file at all! You can create a conf file with a list of nodes or other settings, but out of the box, there isn't one.

Two things:
1. after reinstalling (step 6 in my last post), try leaving it for an hour or more. It may find connections and be on its merry way.
2. if you've waited a while and there's still no action, exit the wallet and then create a conf file as outlined at the bottom of the first post of this thread:

https://i.imgur.com/RBHVmUC.png
If you want to try solo mining Unobtanium, or if you are having any problems connecting to the network, enter the below text into your Unobtanium.conf file. To find Unobtanium.conf in Windows, start Internet Explorer, then paste this into your browser:  %AppData%\Unobtanium
Edit the file Unobtanium.conf and paste in the text below, making the appropriate edits where noted. If you do not find Unobtanium.conf, you'll need to create one by right clicking in the folder > new > text document.

Code:
rpcuser=user     (change to something else)
rpcpassword=x  (change to something else)
rpcport=65535
port=65534
server=1
listen=1
daemon=1
rpcallow=192.168.0.* (or whatever your LAN range is)

#Addnodes (edited by cragv Feb 2, 2015)
addnode=107.178.222.72
addnode=118.211.233.170
#addnode=123.3.182.103
addnode=130.211.52.84
#addnode=137.135.56.97
#addnode=171.96.247.122
#addnode=171.96.247.216
#addnode=174.71.57.33
addnode=188.77.210.215
addnode=192.99.15.174
addnode=196.217.152.237
#addnode=2001:41d0:a:3568::1
#addnode=207.161.232.137
#addnode=212.18.50.157
#addnode=213.21.33.12
addnode=46.10.57.232
addnode=66.118.128.10
addnode=66.38.68.32
#addnode=69.9.221.56
#addnode=70.65.223.126
#addnode=71.231.13.60
addnode=71.35.31.39
#addnode=73.168.130.37
addnode=74.216.69.154
#addnode=75.104.136.189
#addnode=77.24.88.92
#addnode=77.247.149.118
#addnode=77.57.110.236
#addnode=80.128.196.29
#addnode=82.111.88.34
addnode=83.45.201.127
#addnode=86.99.68.163
#addnode=88.134.97.222
#addnode=89.85.69.152
#addnode=91.44.252.232
#addnode=98.222.94.137
#addnode=99.231.163.95
addnode=chainz.cryptoid.info
addnode=coinwallet.co
addnode=cryptap.us
addnode=allcrypt.com
addnode=bleutrade.com
addnode=coinpayments.net

#-------end copy------
ASIC:
cgminer.exe --userpass user:x --url 127.0.0.1:65535 --disable-gpu --queue 4

I've just tested all nodes listed in the above and have disabled all that failed a ping test at this exact moment in time. Thus, when you use the above conf file, it should give you only active nodes.

If after all this you *still* aren't getting anywhere, there may be a greater problem on your computer. Try pinging coinpayments.net (press Start and R on your keyboard, type cmd and press Enter, then at the prompt, type: ping coinpayments.net

You should see:

Code:
C:\Users\DoinCC>ping coinpayments.net

Pinging coinpayments.net [192.99.2.38] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 192.99.2.38: bytes=32 time=249ms TTL=51
Reply from 192.99.2.38: bytes=32 time=247ms TTL=51
Reply from 192.99.2.38: bytes=32 time=252ms TTL=51
Reply from 192.99.2.38: bytes=32 time=249ms TTL=51

Ping statistics for 192.99.2.38:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 247ms, Maximum = 252ms, Average = 249ms

If you instead see:

Code:
C:\Users\DoinCC>ping coinpayments.net

Pinging coinpayments.net [192.99.2.38] with 32 bytes of data:
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.

Ping statistics for 192.99.2.38:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss)

then you have a connectivity issue that I cannot easily resolve for you here. Further testing by an IT savvy person is recommended in such a case! (The fact that you can post here suggests that your internet is functional, assuming it is being done from the computer on which you're trying to sync your wallet). Good luck!

So I have try to pinging coinpayments.net and I see no problem with it.
Do I just copy and past all the code to the Unobtanium.conf or I need to choose certain addnode from the code?
"rpcallow=192.168.0.* (or whatever your LAN range is)"And I am not quite sure what Lan range is.
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

View Profile
February 16, 2015, 09:15:30 AM

Z

Z

Who is Gekko?

Z

But, I see what you're saying about the possible BTER factor.  Perhaps someone more insightful will chime in.

Z

Good advice.  Dollar cost average.

This thread is getting rather bloated!

Z
(Business School Graduate - Project Management)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KsxHlJuVBU

Despite UNO will never be adopted by the huge masses it can succeed by being a community coin.
Once one member needs to buy a real estate, a car etc he can find a buyer(s) from other community members for the coins and do the transaction and once (s)he has done the transaction, (s)he starts again collecting UNOs.
This is like the bank of the community, "social banking".
It is vital to have the growth pattern in UNO price - even a small bull trend which encourages hoarding.
cragv

Activity: 342

View Profile
February 16, 2015, 09:43:24 AM

So I have try to pinging coinpayments.net and I see no problem with it.
Do I just copy and past all the code to the Unobtanium.conf or I need to choose certain addnode from the code?
"rpcallow=192.168.0.* (or whatever your LAN range is)"And I am not quite sure what Lan range is.

Copy and paste all of this code into a new Unobtanium.conf file (there should not be one there already if you've followed my instructions to step 6 earlier):

Code:
rpcuser=DDingC
rpcpassword=DDingCsPassword
rpcport=65535
port=65534
server=0
listen=1
daemon=1
rpcallow=192.168.0.*

#Addnodes (edited by cragv Feb 2, 2015)
addnode=107.178.222.72
addnode=118.211.233.170
#addnode=123.3.182.103
addnode=130.211.52.84
#addnode=137.135.56.97
#addnode=171.96.247.122
#addnode=171.96.247.216
#addnode=174.71.57.33
addnode=188.77.210.215
addnode=192.99.15.174
addnode=196.217.152.237
#addnode=2001:41d0:a:3568::1
#addnode=207.161.232.137
#addnode=212.18.50.157
#addnode=213.21.33.12
addnode=46.10.57.232
addnode=66.118.128.10
addnode=66.38.68.32
#addnode=69.9.221.56
#addnode=70.65.223.126
#addnode=71.231.13.60
addnode=71.35.31.39
#addnode=73.168.130.37
addnode=74.216.69.154
#addnode=75.104.136.189
#addnode=77.24.88.92
#addnode=77.247.149.118
#addnode=77.57.110.236
#addnode=80.128.196.29
#addnode=82.111.88.34
addnode=83.45.201.127
#addnode=86.99.68.163
#addnode=88.134.97.222
#addnode=89.85.69.152
#addnode=91.44.252.232
#addnode=98.222.94.137
#addnode=99.231.163.95
addnode=chainz.cryptoid.info
addnode=coinwallet.co
addnode=cryptap.us
addnode=allcrypt.com
addnode=bleutrade.com
addnode=coinpayments.net

I've put a hash at the start of each line for nodes that didn't respond, so the software will ignore these. This is known as 'commenting' in coder-speak. I hate to spoon feed you, but you can copy and paste the above set of code directly into your conf file, set your rpcallow command to match your IP range, and you should be fine. I've set server=0 with the assumption that you're not mining locally. (Again, copy-pasting the above is the right next step assuming you've followed my previous instructions and have tested your wallet with no conf file and left it for an hour or so).

"LAN range" is analogous to "IP address range". It is the range of Internet Protocol addresses on which your home network runs. To determine your "LAN range", open the CMD window again and enter: ipconfig

In the results, you're looking for your Local Area Connection that will have the prefix of the type of network adapter you're using. "Ethernet adapter" means wired cable to your switch/router, while "WLAN adapter" or "$brand name $adapter type adapter" will show for wireless connections (for example, "Intel PRO 6 WLAN adapter Local Area Connection"). In my case (and yours if your computer has a network cable from your router for internet connection), the one I was looking for was Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection.

Here's an edited version of part of my ipconfig results (I've changed my subnet details to protect my privacy):

Code:
C:\Users\cragv>ipconfig

Windows IP Configuration

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . :
   IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.5
   Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
   Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1

If I was setting up a conf file (I don't use one with my UNO wallet, I'm not mining, just running the wallet and it connects fine), I'd use this:

rpcallow=192.168.1.*

I'm using automatic network settings (aka. 'Dynamic IP address') in my Windows network adapter settings. The * means my IP address can change to something else (192.168.1.<2-254> and the rpcallow command will still work. Conversely, if I had a static IP address (that is, it was manually set in my Windows settings), I might use this:

rpcallow=192.168.1.5 (or whatever my IP address was if it wasn't 5).

If this is all strange and confusing to you, it's likely you're using automatic network adapter settings, meaning your modem/router is providing your computer's IP address. Thus, you want to use ipconfig to find your IP address (IPv4 in particular) and then set your rpcallow command to use the first three of four blocks in the address (ie. 192.168.1.*). Your Default Gateway needs to be on the same 'subnet' (IP range) as your computer in order for the two to communicate. Look at my results again: my router's Default Gateway (aka. my private router address as opposed to my public IP address that I present to the internet - find yours at www.whatismyip.com) is 192.168.1.1. Thus, my local PC address needs to be 192.168.1.<2 to 254> (with some caveats). Set your rpcallow accordingly.

TL;DR: lol just kidding, it took me a while to put these posts together for you. I know you read them. Here's a recap instead:
You should make a new conf file as there shouldn't be one already. Copy and paste the data I put in the first code window from this post and then check your rpcallow matches your local IP address range. Default Windows is 192.168.0.* but many routers these days use 192.168.1.* and sometimes 192.168.10.*. Find yours with ipconfig. Save the conf file and test your wallet. Report back with results. Good luck!
sdersdf3

Activity: 280

View Profile
February 16, 2015, 09:58:23 AM

Yet another pump-and-dump altcoin?
cragv

View Profile
February 16, 2015, 10:03:26 AM

Yet another pump-and-dump altcoin?
I think you may be lost, this isn't the NEM, Ethereum or Nectar thread Smiley
IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
February 16, 2015, 10:57:54 AM

Paste the first paragraph of Game . D. into the Google search bar. Tell me what the results mean, please

m
Soul_eater_123
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
February 16, 2015, 11:10:30 AM

I have been using my UNO wallet for few weeks, but something happened two days ago.
I would not able to sync my wallet, there no block source available.
I have try to set a Unobtanium.conf file with all the addnote and turn off the firewall,
but it is still not working.
Need to use those coin I have right now, dose anyone know how to fix the wallet problem?  Cry

Yes restore it from your backup.
cragv

View Profile
February 16, 2015, 11:30:11 AM

Paste the first paragraph of Game . D. into the Google search bar. Tell me what the results mean, please

m

IMZ, are you literally saying to copy and paste the first paragraph of Wolong's 'GOD' into Google? If so, this is the link for that search. The results you see are websites that have archived or reposted/copied the document verbatim, followed by less-relevant searches near the bottom of the first page that are about similar subjects with similar language, but are not simple copies. The content of the search results are largely just meaningless drivel if you have the original copy of the PDF file.

Is this what you mean? I feel like I'm telling you to suck eggs here but am not otherwise sure of the meaning of your question...
Pages: « 1 ... 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 [327] 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 ... 788 »
  Print  

Jump to: