Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:53:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 [380] 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 ... 788 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [UNO] Unobtanium Info & Discussion - Merge Mine w/BTC! - Update NOW to qt 0.11.5  (Read 1046628 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 04:47:14 PM

in 30000 minutes ... so yes ... "Stay tuned, and frequent the usual places for $UNO news"

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1076

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2015, 07:59:53 PM

Lol.  My favorite Wolong quote.

I wish he hadn't deleted all of his tweets.

Nostr:
npub14wk4hrq6atlq020c7r6eyylpu9gjukyqzafzxu6u80unqfrplq9qhtx8sy
Tacktic

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 08:09:59 PM

" . . . firms . . . can use the underlying assets . . .  to hedge their financial risks."

Oh -- like DVC?

http://cointelegraph.com/news/113976/meet-alt-options-profit-on-bitcoin-volatility-without-buying-a-single-coin

reading.
but off the top of my head,
UNO utilized as collateral.

Perhaps the path is truly clear,
UNO DAC .... an insurance firm aka underwritters.  (in tandem with Bullion division) ((+ P2P Crypto Guild Clearing House))

I have been thinking this same thing.
Except i dont know how to gain the trust.
Was thinking of a UNO dividend scheme where I put my uno, convert into Aus dividend shares, recieve dividends, convert back to Uno and pay interest.
(Aussie shares generally havent gone the US route with zero divis, they generally pay 3-6%)
(backed by shares and bullion)
That way we could have our asset but make interest on it too.
The problems are as always the currency ones of fluctuating prices and slippage. (Fiat/BTC/UNO)
Trouble is it becomes to look as a scam, and not a business venture as is faceless, corporation on other side of globe, so decentralised suddenly becomes centralised with a point of failure.
I don’t have the trust unfortunately, Is what intrigues me about the 2.0 currencies with multisig---contracts etc.
(still have scams..but more people need involving so more likely to be exposed sooner).
So I am stacking, Ag and UNO hehe. (very small pile of either but every journey starts but with a step.)
I would be willing to invest in a UNO dac, definately.
(I why I like the idea of the un-ex)
regards,
Tacktic.

insert witty signature here
FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2015, 08:10:35 PM

Brian Beamish, @CRInvestor has noticed $UNO.

Damn! They're on to us!

Nostr:
FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2015, 11:24:34 PM

Hey guys, Bryce is the dev on BitSeeds. You can show them some love if you like.
https://cryptocointalk.com/topic/36853-annbits-bitseeds-a-currency-that-grows/

Nostr:
IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 12:24:18 AM

@ Tactic: pop back to the early pages of this thread:d Falling Knife, Rojan, Philogus, Cryptapus, vector.iso, Benefactor, Ethought -- keep working to develop Unobtanium, and trust will come.

@ Popped over and said, 'Hi!' at Bitseeds, and gonna put some content up on our media. (Saturday-morning is great!)

@ Does anyone have experience of this:

"But the next bitcoin reward halving is set to take place in 2016 – from 25 bitcoins every 10 minutes to only 12.5. At this point, the number of new and available bitcoins will decrease substantially. If transaction volume is still increasing in 2016, we can expect Bitcoin's price to go up as a result."

This is unfortunately not the case when the (majority of) people prefer to buy and sell derivatives products of bitcoin, because of the leverage advantage. Here in the Netherlands for example there are already shops who accept only derivative futures as payment for their products. As a result the real asset "bitcoin" will not be bought anymore and its price collapses.
1  • Reply•Share ›

KEITH  Michael • 12 hours ago
Why would a shop accept a derivative futures contract for payment when they could get more value in spot prices on the underlying currency? Remember, future prices are discounted because of buying protection against time risk. I understand why a farmer would be concerned with securing future prices, but a shopkeeper selling widgets is beyond my understanding.
1  • Reply•Share ›

Michael  KEITH • 12 hours ago

First of all: I FULLY agree with you. But unfortunately (most of) the people prefer the system of fiat risk. They feel comfortable with the old system. They trust banks and governments as their own brother. Also the volumes traded in gold and silver derivatives are much bigger than the "real" asset. Probably because its easier to handle. Personally I see bitcoin itself as "super" convenient to handle. But unfortunately the majority prefer the old way."

http://cointelegraph.com/news/113987/bitpay-reveals-the-good-reason-why-bitcoin-price-is-down [My italics]
Tacktic

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 01:34:43 AM

What I like about this alternative world is the people coming into it.
There are all types...It has been described as the gold rush/wild west etc.
It is true.
I like the independence ideals,
The wanting to not be a fiat slave anymore...where effort = reward, without being told what or who you have to bow down to...just because it has always been that way.
I like hearing different ideas.
ideas are what got us out of the trees, (if you believe this theory).
Many died doing this but survivors have dominated the planet.... for good and bad.
Derivatives will come as for some they are a good idea. (I am talking BTC here and other "currency" type cryptos)
The farmer wants to get a price for his wheat crop...today...to pay his bills.
So he forward sells.
The middle man pays up so he has a crop to sell the bread maker.
The financial powers that be that place themselves in between are the ones threatened by blockchain as they are suddenly out of a job...and their jobs pay millions...just because it has always been that they control the system.
They paid to be there and believe this payment should be one time and last forever.
Farmer can sell to bread maker now, if they wish to..................
Uno has so far a unique property.
It is not designed to be traded per se.
Perhaps this evolution will see UNO as electronic gold to secure other blockchain transaction? Sort of equity/collateral offered in the trades.
You can prove you own it, so back up other traders, or yours.
This is the potential I see in UNO.
This is why I have started accumulating it.
I am starting to wish I chose a different career, Would love to be a programmer living at this moment in time.
regards,
Tacktic.

BitcoinNational
Legendary

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 02:26:59 AM
Last edit: April 18, 2015, 02:40:50 AM by BitcoinNational

@Tacktic

You're on to something.  In fact you might have just found the major vein of crypto gold.  

"UNO as electronic gold to secure other blockchain transaction ... Sort of equity/collateral offered in the trades"

Financial derivatives: how it works

For those of you unfamiliar with financial derivatives, imagine you sign a legal contract that, after the payment of a premium known as the price, gives you the option to buy a single bitcoin at a fixed price of US$250, the strike price, at any time in the next three months. The option is a derivative and the underlying is bitcoin. If the value of bitcoin increases, then so does the value of the option, because it gives you the right (but not the obligation) to buy the bitcoin at a predetermined price.

Suppose that the market price of bitcoin rose sharply in the weeks after signing the deal and a bitcoin is now worth US$350. You could then exercise the option, buy the bitcoin for US$250, and immediately sell it for US$350, netting a profit of US$100, less the price you paid for the option. The option contract is valuable in this case.

Suppose, instead, that the price of bitcoin collapses, and a bitcoin is now worth US$50. The option would then be virtually worthless, and you would not exercise it and lose what you paid to buy the option. However, this price would be significantly less than what you would have lost had you bought the bitcoin at US$250.

Derivatives are incredibly effective financial instruments to transfer risk from one party to another. For the firm that owns the underlying, or the bitcoin, they can earn a premium above interest rates by selling options. For the firm buying the option, they can gain exposure to market fluctuations in price without putting huge amounts of money into acquiring the underlying asset.

now strike bitcoin and replace it with UNO

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
Tacktic

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 02:56:51 AM

Exactly,
Is when I was reading about DVC and the Un-ex thread the light came on, just need to ramp up the voltage.
I have a piddling stake, each of my UNO atm is backed by quite a few oz of silver.
When i can get this ratio 1:1 I can say (In my head) that 1 Uno = 1 oz.
250k oz of silver would back the whole UNO blockchain.
Big ask but actually chump change to some out there.
If this occurred there would be no denying that UNO is valuable, rare and a proxy store of wealth.
An electronic means backed by real asset...it in itself becoming the asset.
Proof and trust are the steps needed, again already started.
(that and for myself trying to convert fiat into crypto so I can help do this.).
Not being in US and all the companies are using USD, (which I am trying to avoid by going to crypto lol).
How to do this practically with decentralisation as the key is the difficult bit.
Verifying stakes is in itself centralising but by taking on trust you start getting fractionalized and where the problems started for fiat in the first place.
This is where my circular thoughts come unstuck.
So let the thinking begin by people smarter than me.
regards,
Tacktic.

FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2015, 02:57:18 AM

Uno has so far a unique property.
It is not designed to be traded per se.
Perhaps this evolution will see UNO as electronic gold to secure other blockchain transaction? Sort of equity/collateral offered in the trades.
You can prove you own it, so back up other traders, or yours.
This is the potential I see in UNO.
This is why I have started accumulating it.
I am starting to wish I chose a different career, Would love to be a programmer living at this moment in time.
regards,
Tacktic.

YES!!!  

Add in the other unique properties, and you really begin to discover just how unique and special UNO really is: low inflation, fair start, fair launch.
Most coins fail the fair launch test.
Most coins fail the low inflation test.
Most coins fail the fair start/no-instamine/no-premine/no-POS test

Man immitaors of UNO's rarity have followed; most have already failed miserably. The list is too long to mention, but the latest seems to be LemurCoin (100k coins limited, but in reality it's already over 115K and growing).

What we have in UNO is very unique, hard to duplicate, and increasingly recognized as something special.  Hodl it, accumulate it, trade it, spend it, use it. The world is coming.

Nostr:
FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2015, 03:01:51 AM
Last edit: April 18, 2015, 11:50:22 AM by FallingKnife

I hate to keep invoking Wolong, but Tactic said something that made me remember... God I wish I could find it.

Do you guys remember after the pump last year, Wolong had disappeared, then there was a series of "leaked" messages on Pastebin, and Wolong was quoted as saying he was trying to accumulate all of Uno for arbitrage between commodities and cryptos.   I laughed that off, and I still think the leak was fake, but I have to admit....  not a bad damn idea.  Best one I've seen from a troll, actually.

Nostr:
Gekko463

Activity: 545
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 03:47:04 AM

I hate to keep invoking Wolong, but Taktic said something that made me remember... God I wish I could find it.

Do you guys remember after the pump last year, Wolong had disappeared, then there was a series of "leaked" messages on Pastebin, and Wolong was quoted as saying he was trying to accumulate all of Uno for arbitrage between commodities and cryptos.   I laughed that off, and I still think the leak was fake, but I have to admit....  not a bad damn idea.  Best one I've seen from a troll, actually.

This one?

http://pastebin.com/sADSWK7Z

Lines 63-73

Jelks

Activity: 138
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 05:46:05 AM

I hate to keep invoking Wolong, but Taktic said something that made me remember... God I wish I could find it.

Do you guys remember after the pump last year, Wolong had disappeared, then there was a series of "leaked" messages on Pastebin, and Wolong was quoted as saying he was trying to accumulate all of Uno for arbitrage between commodities and cryptos.   I laughed that off, and I still think the leak was fake, but I have to admit....  not a bad damn idea.  Best one I've seen from a troll, actually.

This one?

Lines 63-73

Fascinating!  Thank you.

What IS his game, really?  Seems like he wants -- or at least wantED -- to "play" UNO (hence the pump and dump back in the day), but he's also *intrinsically* long UNO...

What a weird world we live in!  Smiley
BitcoinNational
Legendary

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 05:56:45 AM

Thus spoketh Wolo,
"uno will be crypto gold. hedge funds need more than only bitcoin. uno is like bitcoin but much less of it. Hdg funds will trade it for big numbers as bitcoin proxy"  -- Wolong LINE 63

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
edgar
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 06:13:58 AM

12   <[-wolong-]> Everything think i leave uno. I want that.

Zelig

Activity: 317
Merit: 250

The Tao that can be told is not the eternal Tao

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 06:49:45 AM

Milestone for me this evening as I take 100 on the UNO Rich List.

We'll see how long I can hang onto that...

Z
uMcNfnrRFXWLdgr4wLkeCd4SBNf91XrMvb   

BTC: uK4fe8Yt4S5oytjqoLJzFgmUfQquWiK4jP
Zelig

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 06:57:17 AM

12   <[-wolong-]> Everything think i leave uno. I want that.

I wonder how long wolong will live on in the UNO collective conscious? 

Z

IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 07:26:11 AM

Go, Zelig! I put my address in -- wow! But most of the Uno isn't mine. [Sigh]

And Wolong?

'Keep your friends close but your enemies closer.'

Sun Tzu? Machiavelli? Michael Corleone?

Mark
BitcoinNational
Legendary

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 07:35:26 AM

Z
Welcome to the rare and fair UNO 100kg Club!

Guess what?
There will never be more than 2000 members, cuz math, but likely far less, cuz hodlrs tend to hold.

@Knife

UNO community likes to point out our fair-ness ... as in mining.  Yes, very true.
But we should also highlight that UNO has been on offer for $2-$3 for more than 12 months.
The super low sell volume right now, plus other future events, suggest these are the final days of under $3.

Hence,
UNO was fairly distributed on the market too, multiple markets at that!

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
Zelig

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 07:48:05 AM
Last edit: April 18, 2015, 08:48:50 AM by Zelig

Z
Welcome to the rare and fair UNO 100kg Club!

Guess what?
There will never be more than 2000 members, cuz math, but likely far less, cuz hodlrs tend to hold.

@Knife

UNO community likes to point out our fair-ness ... as in mining.  Yes, very true.
But we should also highlight that UNO has been on offer for $2-$3 for more than 12 months.
The super low sell volume right now, plus other future events, suggest these are the final days of under $3.

Hence,
UNO was fairly distributed on the market too, multiple markets at that!

Well... I have a little more than 100 kgs!

Just broke #100 on the Unobtanium Blockchain Explorer Rich List with 324 UN (in my main cold storage wallet).  

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/uno/address.dws?uMcNfnrRFXWLdgr4wLkeCd4SBNf91XrMvb.htm
(Wallet 1)

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/uno/address.dws?udmzwyS5zqdoMGDnqxjLSG66tqarHKdX2a.htm
(Wallet 2)

Combined: approx a quarter of a percent (There's room for 400 of those). 

Z

Pages: « 1 ... 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 [380] 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 ... 788 »
  Print  

Jump to: