Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:07:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 [381] 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 ... 788 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [UNO] Unobtanium Info & Discussion - Merge Mine w/BTC! - Update NOW to qt 0.11.5  (Read 1046628 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 08:37:55 AM
Last edit: April 18, 2015, 08:51:33 AM by BitcoinNational

@Z ... well 300kg that's thrice as nice Smiley and then some more!

=======================
i like this chart
https://www.coinigy.com/s/i/55315c71.jpg original by https://www.coinigy.com/ (impressive)

@knife
if you had any thing to do with getting coinigy's attention ... TQ Cheesy

@all
Want to become a liberland citizen?  Or pitch UNO as the best option for this newest nations official currency.
http://liberland.org/en/about/

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 09:36:50 AM

@ B.N.: it's a great idea. We discussed it when I found this: https://e-estonia.com/e-residents/about/
Tacktic

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 09:47:44 AM

Is funny you mention Wolong.
This guy same moniker came to MCXnow and traded for a little bit.
Kept on insisting he was a player. I usually ignored the trollbox.
(pretty much always do on any site i go to.).
Obviously he did some damage here.
Reading todays posts reminded me I had seem the name somewhere else lol.
Anyways have a good weekend all.
Won football today 3-0 so the world is not too bad this evening even though the old bones aching.....BEER numbs it a little hehe
Regards,
Tacktic.

insert witty signature here
Gekko463

Activity: 545
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 10:34:48 AM

12   <[-wolong-]> Everything think i leave uno. I want that.

When I look at those big wallets that haven't moved in 400 days I wonder.

If anyone cares, I have 1276 kilos right now.  And a spare AUD$3000 that I am getting ready to convert to BTC.

And I own no other coin.
FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1076

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2015, 11:55:30 AM
Last edit: April 18, 2015, 01:36:01 PM by FallingKnife

@Gekko thanks for digging out the old Wolong pastebin for lulz. That was fun to revisit.  There are some other Wolong classics out there, too.  
Interesting observation about the big wallets that just sit patiently. They would have been dumped long ago with there were not expectations behind that patience.

@BN, I found that coinigy chart during my daily Twitter routine, collecting the $UNO news. He made this discovery all on his own.

Nostr:
npub14wk4hrq6atlq020c7r6eyylpu9gjukyqzafzxu6u80unqfrplq9qhtx8sy
learminer

Activity: 559

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 02:42:45 PM

Shopping for UNO on Bittrex is such fun. Caught another one of those .009 discout firesales tonight. My third one the past month, woohoo! Smiley

As for Wolong, I have no clue if he still is around, but it would surprise me. These pastebins say he is patient and all, but his (public) behaviour and pumps didn't really back that claim up. Pateience for a few weeks? Sure. But for 1+ year? Such a plan would be mega-risky due to the volatility of BTC mostly. Thus I don't think he'd stay in UNO for so long due to the uncalculable risk of BTC swings (it is now 1/4th of what it was during his famous pump).

On the other hand the invisible UNO market maker has painted the chart like an artist for the past 9 months. He/she just couldn't care about BTC price as UNO is rare enough (and most importantly no risk of miners dumping anymore) to go pretty much anywhere someone with enough fiat/BTC to back them up wants. Targets of .1 BTC/UNO and beyond wouldn't be entirely unrealistic given a long enough timeframe (another year maybe)...

IMZ
Legendary

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 11:13:41 PM
Last edit: April 18, 2015, 11:27:02 PM by IMZ

Great posts above this morning. Gonna patiently re-read them.

Good volume on Bittrex -- yeh, I noticed those '009's' on Bittrex.

And speaking of portfolios: hobbyist only, me; but -- apart from the bit of bullion for trades and DVC -- I have reduced it to Uno, Bitcoin-that-is-gonna-become-Uno, and a teaspoon of Dnotes (for the Guild project). That is, I think Unobtanium is my crypto future.

m

BitcoinCharlie
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2015, 01:18:35 AM
Last edit: April 19, 2015, 02:06:25 AM by BitcoinCharlie

He really didn't seem like a patient guy. Not much of an attention span. I would bet he still has quite a bit though. I wonder if many of those unmoved wallets are his?

Unobtanium - The crypto commodity you keep! |
Hate Inflation? You'll love $UNO
FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2015, 02:33:54 AM

He really didn't seem like a patient guy. Not much of an attention span. I would bet he still has quite a bit though. I wonder if many of those unmoved wallets are his?
I wish Cryptsy would give us the wallet transparency that Bittrex gives. It would be really interesting to see the coin distribution within the 23% of Uno that Cryptsy holds.

Nostr:
IMZ
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 05:26:28 AM

http://www.reddit.com/r/Unobtanium/comments/333nfl/krazy_crypto_prices_except_uno
Zelig

Activity: 317
Merit: 250

The Tao that can be told is not the eternal Tao

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 05:59:02 AM
Last edit: April 19, 2015, 06:11:53 AM by Zelig

12   <[-wolong-]> Everything think i leave uno. I want that.

When I look at those big wallets that haven't moved in 400 days I wonder.

If anyone cares, I have 1276 kilos right now.  And a spare AUD$3000 that I am getting ready to convert to BTC.

And I own no other coin.

Thanks, Gekko.  It is interesting to know the thoughts and approaches of other active members in the UNO community.  And, I stress the word community.  

I've been in bitcoin two years this month and just over a year in alts.  I've been extremely cautious.  I've mostly just been - accumulate - buy and hold.  I think that if I had 1000 plus UNO - I might be more of a trader.  But right now, I still have a sense of not having attained the number I want to be holding - should the price go to a new level.  I also have a sense of not being in a rush to actively trade or make a profit on UNO, but rather, I want to see it surpass other coins.  I don't know... I've been in UNO since February of last year, dumped all my other alts in the summer... and with every passing month, I have grown more positive about this coin and also, the UNO community.  Re. community - I wonder about those big wallets, too.  Is it a lot of people, a handful... ?  

Someone made the point on here awhile back about what is the point of all these numbers if we're not profiting?  I agree.  But, my time horizon is more than a matter of weeks or months.  If UNO went to zero, I'd be majorly bummed... but more for the loss of the invested time and the loss of the community - than the money (the money I can make again - the time already invested?).  ... I also realize that everyone has their own outlook and agenda, etc. - which may be very different than mine.  Which, is why I suppose I am interested in knowing the thoughts and approaches of other active members in the UNO community.  And, why this forum exists (antiquated as it is).  

Z

BTC: uK4fe8Yt4S5oytjqoLJzFgmUfQquWiK4jP
Tacktic

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 07:11:55 AM

Happy 2 year anniversary, in advance.
Mine is in August.  a small BFL 5gh box as I had no way to purchase BTC and thought mining could create some for me.
Did not touch an alt for the longest time.
Until I had the hang of BTC, and knew what I see as some failings.
Looked at Uno last year but did not see the logic.
Say what you want about the IMZ guys but they got me interested. (Thank you).
The ideas are grandiose but make sense with applied logic.
Uno I intend to pass to my grandchildren.
Along with experiences I have had in this short life.
What you say about money is right on the money.
These coins can disappear, you will make it back.
Once learnt how to use a tool you always have those skills.
The lesson is the important thing.
Uno is different because the community is making it that way, in a way BTC can never do.
BTC has volume so will always be traded on exchanges by bots and exchanged to fiat by merchants.
Uno being made to be held is a poor trading tool, (in and out in volume).
but conversely should be an ok investment tool. (again all about horizons, if you had to make money for dinner, lots better than UNO).
Alt in my sense of the word is not an Alternate BTC...but an Alternate investment.
Uno fits this ...99% of "coins" do not they are a test net for aspiring fiat currency traders.
As I mentioned before it has the opportunity to become an electronic PM, rare, but available for sale to anyone anywhere.
I look forward to the coming months/years.
The crypto experiment is happening in realtime as we watch.
Regards,
Tacktic.

Zelig

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 07:31:00 AM

Happy 2 year anniversary, in advance.
Mine is in August.  a small BFL 5gh box as I had no way to purchase BTC and thought mining could create some for me.
Did not touch an alt for the longest time.
Until I had the hang of BTC, and knew what I see as some failings.
Looked at Uno last year but did not see the logic.
Say what you want about the IMZ guys but they got me interested. (Thank you).
The ideas are grandiose but make sense with applied logic.
Uno I intend to pass to my grandchildren.
Along with experiences I have had in this short life.
What you say about money is right on the money.
These coins can disappear, you will make it back.
Uno is different because the community is making it that way, in a way BTC can never do.
BTC has volume so will always be traded on exchanges by bots and exchanged to fiat by merchants.
Uno being made to be held is a poor trading tool, (in and out in volume).
but conversely should be an ok investment tool. (again all about horizons, if you had to make money for dinner, lots better than UNO).
Alt in my sense of the word is not an Alternate BTC...but an Alternate investment.
Uno fits this ...99% of "coins" do not they are a test net for aspiring fiat currency traders.
As I mentioned before it has the opportunity to become an electronic PM, rare, but available for sale to anyone anywhere.
I look forward to the coming months/years.
The crypto experiment is happening in realtime as we watch.
Regards,
Tacktic.

I have a 7 GH BFL Jalapeno, but it's been offline and stowed away in its box for months.  I am continuing to mine on Genesis... but altogether, BTC, MZC, and UNO combined - the value of my mining to date is: 0.802 BTC.  Not even enough to pay for the Jalapeno - but worth it for the experience!

Z

Tacktic

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 07:50:41 AM

Lol same,
I actually made more selling mining equpiment during the great BTC rush, in the December/Jan than I could ever have with the units.
I havent yet made 1BTC mining either and lost most of that trading badly on CEX.io
(had not found out about bitcoin wisdom Charts then.).
What I have is a tiny stake, but a huge interest in this magical internet money.
I now build computers for a hobby, read avidly and even talk to the network boffins at the day job in their own language...well sort of.
I have a raspberry pi, cranking out 60gh on 3 drillbit boards, (Aussie made) hehe.
They only consume a lightbulb worth of electricity and are powered off my home server but with merged mining I can say I am holding my part of the UNO network together lol.
Now I have tried and used coinjar, I finally have a way to make AUD into BTC, without first going through pain of AUD/USD.
I can actually make a small real investment over time.
Regards,
Tacktic.

Gekko463

Activity: 545

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 11:32:38 AM
Last edit: April 19, 2015, 11:42:42 AM by Gekko463

Guys, I think you remember during the last runup I told you I had 888 kg.

I sold 788 kg into the run up and dumped into the rundown.

I took the bitcoins that I made, I waited for the prices to settle down around here, and now I have 1276 Kilograms of UNO.  Considerably more than the 788 I sold.

That's how I do it. It is what I learned to do. If anything, I have made UNO a bit more scarce.

Took lots of flak.  That's ok.  Don't care.

I am counting my wealth in UNO and BTC, depending on what day it is and what the markets are doing. I am of course down in dollars like all of us.

My horizon is as long as yours. But I am not a miner, at all, because of my VC experience.

I took a look at the mining thing in the spring of 2013 like most of us did, and once I understood how mining worked, I realized very quickly that an investment into a piece of mining hardware would suffer from rapidly diminishing returns.

An expensive paperweight in the course of just a few months.

Frankly, that calculation was a no-brainer.

I just decided to throw cash into the market and look at coins that had real potential on the fundamental basis, and I arrived at unobtanium in January after just fucking killing it in the Doge run up.

I do my normal job. I threw real money into the doge market.

Wolong was very very good to me in Doge.  Took my original money off the table. And now what I'm playing with is just "Thank you Wolong and idiots on Reddit who pay 15% above market price for dogecoins"  money.

I trade the ups in UNO, which I started buying at .011 in early February 2014.  Sold all UNO, about 450 at that time into wolongs first super pump, average exit around .027.

I trade the ups and the downs, I hope at the end of the day, that I will bring real money out of this. So I increased my UNO position considerably after the last run up by selling out high, and buying up lower.

It is what I learned to do as a trader.

Homework:  "Confessions of a Stock Operator" by Jesse Livermore.

The entire career of Joseph P. Kennedy.

It takes all kinds to make a market.

Buying and holding is nice too.  If you are diversified.

If you focus all your assets into a single idea, know and understand the idea and don't love the asset, squeeze the money out of it.

I am in UNO and nothing else.

I do not trade with your best interests in mind.  Rather, I trade with my bottom line in mind.  Funnily enough, we all have the same long term goal.

I just want to aggressively own more of it than the passive hodlers do.

Cast stones.  I am impervious.  A genuine market welcomes all comers because the diversity of trading styles is what makes that line move.

If everyone just sits on the bid, it never moves up.
sirsmokesalot

Activity: 767

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 02:49:38 PM

Exactly! Knowledge is power. You can then take the lesson learned and apply it to other things. Life is awesome like that!

I actually made more selling mining equpiment during the great BTC rush, in the December/Jan than I could ever have with the units.

Lol that happened to me! I got interested in btc and wound up looking into mining. Bought a bunch of those usb sticks and used them for a few months. Luck would have it that Uno was coming out @ that time and all the planets aligned and that is where most of my Uno wealth came from. Then for one reason or another the fucking price that people were willing to pay for those usb miners doubled from what i payed for it. Carpe diemed that shit and got out while the going was good and sold them fast. That got me geeked out. Not only did i mine coins, but i got back almost double what i spent on the equipment to mine them? Thanks CNN! Mining wasn't a horrible idea a year or two ago if you had an exit plan. I guess if your plan is to support the network it still isn't a horrible idea. Maybe not profitable, but not horrible.

I took the bitcoins that I made, I waited for the prices to settle down around here, and now I have 1276 Kilograms of UNO.  Considerably more than the 788 I sold.

That's how I do it. It is what I learned to do. If anything, I have made UNO a bit more scarce.

That is awesome work! I do believe that is what a lot of people here would love to do. You have indeed made the coin more scarce.

I do not trade with your best interests in mind.  Rather, I trade with my bottom line in mind.  Funnily enough, we all have the same long term goal.

I just want to aggressively own more of it than the passive hodlers do.

Cast stones.  I am impervious.  A genuine market welcomes all comers because the diversity of trading styles is what makes that line move.

If everyone just sits on the bid, it never moves up.

That is fine, the market NEEDS people like you in it. If we all just hold, as was said, it never moves. Someone out there has to MAKE the market. There is nothing wrong with what you are doing. It is a necessary part of the evolution of the markets. Being a cut throat venture capitalist, i think we picked up on that. I would think you weren't that bad at it, your trained eyes brought you here after all.

To bring it all home though, that would be one of those skills that once acquired, can help in other aspects of life. You are certainly a welcome addition to the community, as is anyone else out there, as long as their intentions aren't "take these suckers for all they are worth" but rather "together everyone achieves more". If our end goals are all similar then it really shouldn't matter the paths we take to reach them.

We can't grow when we won't criticize ourselves!
-->>>Unobtanium - The crypto you keep!<<<--
FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2015, 07:43:49 PM
Last edit: April 19, 2015, 09:15:46 PM by FallingKnife

There are a lot of ways people in the UnoVerse add value to Unobtanium

Some work on development.
Others hodl and contribute to scarcity.
Some provide services.
Liquidity & volume
Ideas,
Energy & promotion.
Excitement.

Whatever worthwhile contribution you make, you are the U in Uno.

Thank YOU.

Nostr:
vector.iso

Activity: 240

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 09:46:54 PM

@Gekko463

can I ask what it is that has made you want to keep buying back into UNO after each time you take profits?
Zelig

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 10:58:06 PM

@Gekko463

can I ask what it is that has made you want to keep buying back into UNO after each time you take profits?

That's a question that answers itself.  Keywords: each time, profits

Z

IMZ
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 11:09:51 PM

Great reading this morning.

Mark
Pages: « 1 ... 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 [381] 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 ... 788 »
  Print  

Jump to: