Bitcoin Forum
May 20, 2024, 08:24:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 [507] 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 ... 788 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [UNO] Unobtanium Info & Discussion - Merge Mine w/BTC! - Update NOW to qt 0.11.5  (Read 1046635 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
natmccoy
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

twitter.com/natmcmolecule

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 06:46:24 AM
Last edit: September 14, 2015, 06:56:52 AM by natmccoy

Okay, I signed up & sent an e-mail to Yunbi. I tried to keep it short and sweet; a request to be added, a little info, and a link to the Chinese unobtanium website.

BitcoinNational: I find it interesting how you said that we'll "cycle back into show of support mode when the time is right". Is this part of your plan, are you aware of how others in this community tend to trade, or are you basing that off of past experience? Do you mean that support will appear when the price goes lower/higher (obviously it will, if people are willing to sell at 0.004 there will be a lot of buyers, and if we go on another bull run there will be major volume) or are you implying that it's more of a visual thing with large walls to show support?

Buy-side has been rather thin lately (Especially on Bittrex, put some buys there people) but we've had just enough bids to hold 0.006 for a month, though the recent steps downward all lasted about a month from 0.012-0.01-0.009-0.008-0.006. The sentiment I'm getting from IMZ, Zelig, rojan, RDDrocket, bullionbob & others is that 0.006 is a very solid place to load up. Despite book depth, accumulation has been happening, we've been averaging more than 0.1% of UNO trading hands every day.

For months I've been trying to get an accurate picture of this market by looking at every available piece of data (forums, trends, volume, order books, distribution, hashrate, mining rewards, overall cryptomarket sentiment), but ultimately most of the uncertainty lies behind the distribution within that Cryptsy cold wallet & the plans of the largest holders there. Most of the non-exchange top 100 wallets have not changed in a year, and as FallingKnife has noted the sell-side is thin from 0.0075 to 0.01, but that ~40,000 UNO on Cryptsy is just a mysterious blob. I really wish Cryptsy had the same public distribution data that Bittrex does. I've gotten pieces of personalized distribution data from many of you in these forums/messages, but it's generally <1,000 UNO per person. I really wish I could sit down with someone who owns 20,000+ UNO and hear what they think, or maybe that person doesn't exist and the 40,000 coins on Cryptsy are held by 200 traders.

Exciting stuff, this is an amazing puzzle, it's like the most complex game of poker ever, I love it  Grin

natmccoy
Legendary

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 07:06:07 AM

Yunbi is definitely strange in that it's hard to tell how much of their volume is real. They have $400,000 BTC/CNY volume but with no trade fees 100% of it could be fake. Watching the market, orders seem to be happening constantly at regular intervals.

They also have very few trade pairs, only 6 CNY pairs & one of them is some kind of CNY-crypto peg. That could be good or bad: good since it means Unobtanium would have a really strong presence on their site, bad if it means they are unlikely to add other cryptos.

I guess we'll see if we get any e-mail responses. Regardless, I'll try to contact BTC38 and I'll continue voting on BTER (I hope you guys have been voting for UNO on BTER).

BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 07:13:55 AM
Last edit: September 18, 2015, 01:52:08 PM by BitcoinNational

@natmccoy

re: support mode

You'll see when it happens, if you're trading UN on a regular basis you are very much aware that the style of trading has gone thru various modes or stages.  A while back the potatoheads battled long and hard with the turtles.  Lesson learned (at least for me) build a wall of support (which we did) and some jerk will smash it down.  So now the consensus seems to be take the market low and rebuild the wall at the absolute very bottom.

But UNO is not a one market coin.  So we have that going for us too.

But eventually (just my guess) is that the Turtles will be able to post on the public books solid and consistent levels of support ... as yet unseen in 99.9% of crytop world ... UN stands to have figured the means to hold the long line.

personally i am in buy mode if i have bonus btc to spend and un is under .015

re: the greatest poker game ever

un has nothing in terms of bluff, the basic numbers and facts are straight forward, 2 years to mine 4/5ths in likely one of the fairest mine operations ever conducted, then just 9 generations of hoomunz to mine that last 1/5th.  

but look at Ripple (75% a couple whales), stelllar (95% whales), chinese fake volume exchanges, YB, NXT, banx, even bitcoin ... lots of smoke and misdirection ... UNO is one of the few sane zones in the top50 range.  

----------
edit

ClamCoin(CLAM)
I0Coin(I0C)
Influxcoin(INFX)

new UNO pairs coming soon

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
natmccoy
Legendary

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 07:57:57 AM

Great post BN! I'll be glad to contribute to the mega-buywall if/when the time comes.

UNO itself may not have bluff, but I was talking about the traders. The walls, dumps, and spikes are all part of the game. As you said, the style of trading goes through various modes or stages, much like a poker game. You've got to know when to be aggressive, when to be cautious, & when to go all-in. I like your strategy, if they want to sell, let them sell, in the end you'll have most of the coins and a clear path to the final table  Grin

While we were having this discussion some fresh buy action and buy orders appeared on Bittrex & Cryptsy.

natmccoy
Legendary

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 08:10:28 AM

It's great to have you on the team Zelig  Smiley

Do you guys think that Cryptsy sponsor deal would be worth it? ~$20 to get listed with 3 other coins on the home page for a couple of days... Let's keep an eye on whether listed coins see an increase in volume. Seems like it may be better just to buy coins with the money, but I suppose it would be good to have more people looking into UNO, especially during a +40% day. I just know that personally, I won't find myself looking into the sponsored coins very often.

If we could coincide the 'advertising' with some kind of community push, create a marketing campaign rather than just a n add.

You could perhaps keep a small amount of the bitcoins, say 5-10%. And spend that relatively small sum of money on your community and promotional efforts.

Could you elaborate ITileclooTI?

IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 08:26:08 AM

I have no idea what I'm doing on Yunbi. But it's a Chinese exchange! Let's see what transpires.
DickSwagger

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 08:57:58 AM

It's great to have you on the team Zelig  Smiley

Do you guys think that Cryptsy sponsor deal would be worth it? ~$20 to get listed with 3 other coins on the home page for a couple of days... Let's keep an eye on whether listed coins see an increase in volume. Seems like it may be better just to buy coins with the money, but I suppose it would be good to have more people looking into UNO, especially during a +40% day. I just know that personally, I won't find myself looking into the sponsored coins very often.

If we could coincide the 'advertising' with some kind of community push, create a marketing campaign rather than just a n add.

You could perhaps keep a small amount of the bitcoins, say 5-10%. And spend that relatively small sum of money on your community and promotional efforts.

Could you elaborate ITileclooTI?

I think what to buy has become a difficult question with the veriety of altcoins available,and it will have an effect for sure.There are more new investors that youguys like to call NOOBS everyday,that will surely use that indicator.
BitcoinNational
Legendary

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 09:45:23 AM

@Dick

Noobs welcome here.  Any fresh face smart enough sort out all the noise and hype of crypto and end up in the UNO thread has at least something going for them that pointed them in the right direction.  

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
DickSwagger

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 10:48:29 AM

@Dick

Noobs welcome here.  Any fresh face smart enough sort out all the noise and hype of crypto and end up in the UNO thread has at least something going for them that pointed them in the right direction.  

Yes ,sry Noob remark was not really pointed at UNO. I like Bryce Weiner and think he is a excelent developer looking at the groundbreaking work his done with coins and still doing for altcoinworld.
IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 10:41:39 PM

Welcome, DickSwagger.

I never use the term 'noobie.'
BitcoinNational
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 01:34:23 AM
Last edit: September 15, 2015, 03:26:46 AM by BitcoinNational

but ultimately most of the uncertainty lies behind the distribution within that Cryptsy cold wallet

@natmccoy

very good read on the Cryptsy mysterious blob.  
i had never considered the fact that it might just be the Cryptsy cold storage but held by +200 traders (cry has just been able to manage withdraws with new deposits) ... i also have considered that a good chuck of it might be held by dozens of traders who got left holding the bag in the very early woo days and have mostly forgotten about their accounts ... and/or ... remember when un got pumped everything was getting pumped it was 8-16hrs of trade madness then shift to the next new coin mine-pump-dump cycle ... so the lost in the chaos theory ... but whoever holds the blob is not going to panic dump (near 2 years of HODL thus far).

Because of the public distribution data I suggest that we try to get the daily main support and resistance level market onto Rex ... never leave Un stored on Cry ... if you're gonna sell a big chunk post it on Blue, Rex, or Topia.  

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
natmccoy
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 02:21:41 AM

Because of the public distribution data I suggest that we try to get the support and resistance level market onto Rex ... never leave Un stored on Cry ... if you're gonna sell a big chunk post it on Blue, Rex, or Topia.  

I agree. Bittrex has:

A nicer interface. They made a nice update a couple of months ago, when was the last time Cryptsy updated their UI?

Distribution data. Gives us infinitely more information about the distribution of our coin (also far more accurate than wallet sizes in a block explorer since for the most part in an exchange 1 account total = 1 person, whereas 1 person can control hundreds of UNO addresses).

Dramatically more informative depth data. Cryptsy limits the information available to us, you can only see asks up to 0.012. On Bittrex you can scroll to the very end of the book. Also, for some reason the Cryptsy depth chart has not worked on Cryptrader for the last week, but the Bittrex depth chart shows up just fine.

Lower fees. I think Cryptsy's fees fluctuate based on volume, whereas Bittrex has a flat 0.25%. Cryptsy is currently 0.27% but it may go lower during major volume. Also, bitcoin withdrawal fees on Bittrex are standard 0.0001, on Cryptsy they are 0.001. Although the UNO withdrawal fees are 0.0002 & 0.0001 respectively, by far the largest value difference is in the bitcoin withdrawals, even if UNO hit price parity with bitcoin.

The Cryptsy cold wallet is 5 times larger than Bittrex's. However I'd guess that on average it only does 2 times the volume, so maybe you are correct about there being forgotten or very patient coins on Cryptsy. Maybe it is an unachievable goal to have that Cryptsy wallet reduced by much if the owners aren't paying any attention.

The point is, we should have more volume on Bittrex than Cryptsy, as well as an increase in Bleutrade & Cryptopia volume (those two markets only do about $1-$10 per day). I will make an effort to coordinate my buy and sell orders accordingly. I already make an effort to have no UNO stored on Cryptsy. If they add distribution data I will change my tune, though I wouldn't hold my breath I'll e-mail them about that now.

LOL the "Cryptsy Blob"

BitcoinNational
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 02:33:17 AM
Last edit: September 15, 2015, 03:28:36 AM by BitcoinNational

just want to add

Cryptsy is a good place to dust trade ... so the ... up-to-the-second spot market can be discovered there.  
(only because you can do dust bids/asks and it is already the popular UN market)

Rex has a higher bid/ask limit  ... so the ... up-to-the-hour spot market can be discovered there.  

Bleutrade & Cryptopia are good places to place sizable long trend bids/asks ... example sell 100kg @ 0.01999999 / buy 200kg @ 0.0055

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
BitcoinCharlie
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2015, 02:39:45 AM

Step 1: Buy at Cryptsy

Step 2: Withdraw from Cryptsy

Step 3: Repeat regularly

Destroy the megawallet!

Unobtanium - The crypto commodity you keep! |
Hate Inflation? You'll love $UNO
natmccoy
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 10:12:16 AM

Some good market action today. $500 of accumulation at 0.0065-0.0068 which was mostly buying. The largest UNO account on Bittrex apparently partook in some of the recent accumulation, as their account grew from 1,600 to 1,723 UNO.

FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1076

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2015, 01:39:42 PM

Cryptopia still has 0% fee trading for all Uno markets.

Nostr:
npub14wk4hrq6atlq020c7r6eyylpu9gjukyqzafzxu6u80unqfrplq9qhtx8sy
starblocks

Activity: 1344
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 01:41:34 PM

Hello Unobtanium community

You're in my alternative currency list Smiley

BitcoinCharlie
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2015, 01:43:47 PM

Welcome Starblocks!

Unobtanium - The crypto commodity you keep! |
Hate Inflation? You'll love $UNO
FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1076

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2015, 03:14:31 PM

Cryptopia still has 0% fee trading for all Uno markets.

Whoops!  I am wrong. They reimplemented their .2% fee today.
free trading was nice while it lasted.

Nostr:
npub14wk4hrq6atlq020c7r6eyylpu9gjukyqzafzxu6u80unqfrplq9qhtx8sy
Coryvmcs1

Activity: 659
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2015, 04:35:50 PM

@natmccoy

re: support mode

You'll see when it happens, if you're trading UN on a regular basis you are very much aware that the style of trading has gone thru various modes or stages.  A while back the potatoheads battled long and hard with the turtles.  Lesson learned (at least for me) build a wall of support (which we did) and some jerk will smash it down.  So now the consensus seems to be take the market low and rebuild the wall at the absolute very bottom.

But UNO is not a one market coin.  So we have that going for us too.

But eventually (just my guess) is that the Turtles will be able to post on the public books solid and consistent levels of support ... as yet unseen in 99.9% of crytop world ... UN stands to have figured the means to hold the long line.

personally i am in buy mode if i have bonus btc to spend and un is under .015

re: the greatest poker game ever

un has nothing in terms of bluff, the basic numbers and facts are straight forward, 2 years to mine 4/5ths in likely one of the fairest mine operations ever conducted, then just 9 generations of hoomunz to mine that last 1/5th.  

but look at Ripple (75% a couple whales), stelllar (95% whales), chinese fake volume exchanges, YB, NXT, banx, even bitcoin ... lots of smoke and misdirection ... UNO is one of the few sane zones in the top50 range.  

----------
edit

ClamCoin(CLAM)
I0Coin(I0C)
Influxcoin(INFX)

new UNO pairs coming soon

Thanks for supporting INFX Mate :-)

BlokSpace Mining Pools -  https://blokspace.io | BlokSpace Discord# https://discord.gg/dGAKk9T
Pages: « 1 ... 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 [507] 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 ... 788 »
  Print  

Jump to: