Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 10:49:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 [620] 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 ... 788 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [UNO] Unobtanium Info & Discussion - Merge Mine w/BTC! - Update NOW to qt 0.11.5  (Read 1046656 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
balu2

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 05:28:04 AM

Whether it was Vern, another Cryptsy employee, a hacker, or the government; that is one of the worst decisions to make. You would have to be truly oblivious about this community & how the medium-sized altcoin markets function. If Vern was just the boating shoes & the signature on some Costa Rican banking documents then it's possible he was that oblivious. but I have the feeling if I combed through his Twitter I would see that he had some knowledge & awareness.

The government is incompetent in either scenario:

(1) They thought by simply having the computer that they had the altcoins secured, allowing Vern or a Cryptsy employee to steal the funds.

(2) They moved the funds to Bittrex for storage & dispersal.

I suppose (2) wouldn't be that unreal if they made a deal with Bittrex to disperse the funds. You'd think that they wouldn't want to trust another exchange, & for $400/hr you'd be able to hire a small programming team to handle it. Really though, there is no way an attorney is going to be able to process hundreds of altcoins, secure them, & redistribute them. Was he appointed a government software engineer for the case? Is there an anti-fraud investigation team combing through the data? Who the hell was entrusted with securing the funds?

Probably the greatest fail would be if it was the original hacker. That would mean that Vern failed to re-secure all funds after the initial hack, the government failed to secure the funds from Vern & the hacker, & the hacker failed to understand that Bittrex would freeze their funds within hours & that buy depth wasn't large enough to handle 15,000 UNO at a reasonable price.

Lol, this situation is such an epic fail from so many angles!

Both the government and the hacker/vern failed in any case. Epic fail!

Uno community win Wink

Just imagine the face of Mr.Sallah this morning when he finds out that due to his ignorance he almost lost everything  Roll Eyes Hope he considers hiring some professionals now.
mobnepal
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 05:36:53 AM

Haha i have missed this chance to buy some cheap UNO as price is already above 0.006 now, i am not buying at this range untill bittrex release notice about this situation. If they allow those UNO to get sold than we will again see lot more panic sellers.
Gekko463

Activity: 545

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 05:37:51 AM

Whether it was Vern, another Cryptsy employee, a hacker, or the government; that is one of the worst decisions to make. You would have to be truly oblivious about this community & how the medium-sized altcoin markets function. If Vern was just the boating shoes & the signature on some Costa Rican banking documents then it's possible he was that oblivious. but I have the feeling if I combed through his Twitter I would see that he had some knowledge & awareness.

The government is incompetent in either scenario:

(1) They thought by simply having the computer that they had the altcoins secured, allowing Vern or a Cryptsy employee to steal the funds.

(2) They moved the funds to Bittrex for storage & dispersal.

I suppose (2) wouldn't be that unreal if they made a deal with Bittrex to disperse the funds. You'd think that they wouldn't want to trust another exchange, & for $400/hr you'd be able to hire a small programming team to handle it. Really though, there is no way an attorney is going to be able to process hundreds of altcoins, secure them, & redistribute them. Was he appointed a government software engineer for the case? Is there an anti-fraud investigation team combing through the data? Who the hell was entrusted with securing the funds?

Probably the greatest fail would be if it was the original hacker. That would mean that Vern failed to re-secure all funds after the initial hack, the government failed to secure the funds from Vern & the hacker, & the hacker failed to understand that Bittrex would freeze their funds within hours & that buy depth wasn't large enough to handle 15,000 UNO at a reasonable price.

Regardless, we got off really well. This is not just potential crisis averted, but a display of strength, & a confirmation that those damn coins are finally secured.

Honestly at this point I feel better that those coins are with Bittrex than anyone else.

I tend to agree with your hypothesis number 1.

The court appointed receiver is an accountant/lawyer.  He may not understand what the hell all this is.  You can change the locks on a warehouse full of inventory, and an old school accountant/lawyer would certainly know to do that in the event of receivership.

But I have a funny feeling that he doesn't realize that the locks aren't in the computers and that it's pretty easy to have a couple of sets of keys laying around.

I'm thinking a Cryptsy insider did this.  

The accountant/lawyer would understand market liquidity, and is charged with maximising the value of the asset.  Also, liquidation would not come this quickly.  There are 100's of altcoins and 1000's of accounts--each one a liability that must be catalogued and put in it's proper place on the liquidation line.

People owed UNO would be paid in UNO.  That UNO that belonged to Cryptsy itself would be EVENTUALLY subject to liquidation, but they would either do that in an auction, or hire a competent trader to liquidate it.  They wouldn't just dump it into an illiquid market.  The accountant in him probably understands at least that much.

Somebody who lives in Florida should really offer themselves up to the Receiver as a consultant to secure all the wallets before Vern or one of his clueless minions decides to try this again.
natmccoy
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

twitter.com/natmcmolecule

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 05:58:06 AM
Last edit: April 11, 2016, 06:17:24 AM by natmccoy

Makes sense Gekko.

So much of the 'professional' world is such a sham. From judges to attorneys to investigators to exchange owners, so many people don't know what the hell they're doing.

I'm thinking of the judge that prosecuted Ross Ulbricht. This Sallah guy making $3,200 a day to lose the funds he was appointed to protect. Carl Mark Force IV the officer who was caught embezzling Mt. Gox funds. Vern, Mark Karpeles & every other exchange owner that has lost funds... It's idiots the whole way down.

o0o0
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1021

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 07:19:33 AM

But Vern made a mistake. The Uran-wallet was created after the "hack", so the alledged "hacker" wouldn't have the privkeys unless he was hacked afterwards again but that's not what his story was.

To me it's very clear this should be with high probability Vern. He's got the privkeys. Why wouldn't he try to sell the coins and claim "the hacker" did it?

Well, if our gaylord Vern reads this: Vern, you fucked it up! You were too greedy again! Sucks being you! They're gonna get you! You can't travel now.

It doesn't matter if the wallet was created after the hack or not. Vern once knowing the hack took place would have secured the exchange and moved the coins to new cold addresses.... though cold is debatable i mean new addresses cold or not. So post this hack declaration all coins are in verns control. Any movement of these coins now from those addresses is vern OR the receiver. I'm will to bet both my nuts that the receiver is inexperienced in crypto and hasn't moved each coin for security. Hence the only logical reasoning is vern is doing it. If you believe the comments from his employees then only vern had access to that code so therefore either the employees lie OR vern is doing it. I believe the later.
Gekko463

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 07:32:33 AM

Extra!  Extra!  Read all about it!

http://bitcoinist.net/cryptsy-funds-has-moved-to-a-bittrex-wallet/
natmccoy
Legendary

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 10:06:21 AM
Last edit: April 11, 2016, 10:21:07 AM by natmccoy

Triple extra! https://twitter.com/BlockChannel/status/719466052162347008

http://themerkle.com/coins-move-from-cryptsy-to-bittrex/ Thunderbolt? I thought it was baars. baars are you thunderbolt?

Funniest moment of the night goes to LearnMiner https://twitter.com/natmcmolecule/status/719404977311981568

http://tweetedtimes.com/v/1739 (see, if you use adventurous tagging then you can have your tweet posted to a random link-filled webpage in the corner of the internet!)

Gekko463

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 10:19:07 AM

EMAIL to James D. Sallah Esq.

Dear Mr. Sallah,

I write to you as a holder of the cryptocurrency Unobtanium. 

Over the weekend, somebody transferred the entire Unobtanium Wallet (worth $40,000) from Cryptsy to Bittrex and is attempting to liquidate it.

http://bitcoinist.net/cryptsy-funds-has-moved-to-a-bittrex-wallet/

We, the UNO community believe that the defendant, Paul Vernon is the only one who could have done it.

Contact support@bittrex.com to regain control of the UNO.  We have informed Bittrex of the theft, and hopefully, they have now blocked that account.  So the missing UNO is under control of Bittrex.

ADVICE

If you don’t know how to actually secure cryptocurrencies, you better find out fast.  You must move every coin from their current wallet into a new wallet with a cryptographic key known only to your offices.  You will need the cooperation of the defendant Vernon, or one of his employees to access the codes.   You’d better call in some experts quick, before you look silly loosing the entire inventory you have been court appointed to watch over.

You got lucky on this one.  Bittrex can save you.  But all of the currencies you are responsible for are at risk.  CALL EXPERTS. You obviously have no clue what you are doing.  Being in possession of Cryptsy’s computers is not safeguarding the assets.  The assets are not in the computers.

Kind Regards,

(Gekko's Real Name)
Crypto Investor
Gekko463

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 10:40:40 AM

2 more random thoughts:

1.  Way to go filling up the Bid  with an extra 9 BTC in the hopes of purchasing STOLEN GOODS you guys.  How do you sleep?

2.  In the far fetched scenario where Mr Sallah responds, and requests my assistance in recommending a consultant to re-wallet all the shit coins on Cryptsy, who's "the guy" among us? 

balu2

Activity: 742

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 10:55:17 AM

1.  Way to go filling up the Bid  with an extra 9 BTC in the hopes of purchasing STOLEN GOODS you guys.  How do you sleep?

Didn't you just one page back say you were buying (possibly stolen) coins on that market?   Huh

How do YOU sleep?

I also would recommend to pull all buysupport and let vern dump his 15k in my orders at 100 satoshi, this way it'd be permanently resolved.

jeezuz, Gekko  Cheesy
Gekko463

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 11:23:48 AM
Last edit: April 11, 2016, 12:32:36 PM by Gekko463

1.  Way to go filling up the Bid  with an extra 9 BTC in the hopes of purchasing STOLEN GOODS you guys.  How do you sleep?

Didn't you just one page back say you were buying (possibly stolen) coins on that market?   Huh

How do YOU sleep?

I also would recommend to pull all buysupport and let vern dump his 15k in my orders at 100 satoshi, this way it'd be permanently resolved.

jeezuz, Gekko  Cheesy

I hit the ASK, paying the going market rate, supporting the price, MOVING IT UP.  That recovery? Me! I bought 33 or something like that running the price from .0056 to .006 and change.  That's all there was.

YOU sir are sitting at 100 satochis on the BID hoping to fuck EVERYONE.

I'm sure you sleep fine.  I'm sure you think football would be just a grand game if there were no rules and no etiquette and players were allowed to stab each other to get the ball.  Games would last 4 minutes, but you'd be happy, wouldn't you?  As long as your bet was on the team with the longer knives.

You are no Gentleman Sir.  You are, demonstrably a bottom feeder sans scruples, feasting on ill gotten gains.

BIG Difference.  

Further, while you were lining the bid with low-balls, I was emailing the press to get us publicity and emailing the receiver to tell him how to recover the stolen coins to prevent the catastrophe you were praying for.

Sleep well Blue Bear.
FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1076

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2016, 11:40:37 AM

Its good to see people talking about UNO, and I'm glad the community was so vigilant to spot this movement of funds.

Good work everyone.  Our quick actions may have: a) saved the price of UNO from dumps, b) recovered $40k in stolen Un that is the property of investors & community members, c) made a broke Big Vern sleep beneath a cardboard box in a dirty Chinese alley last night because his evil plan failed, and d) elevated UNO in the Bitcoin news media & on twitter.  

Yesterday, I went to unobtanium.uno to check the price of Uno (like I do about 50 times a day) and was suprised to see it so low.  I went to Bittrex on my mobile to see what was going on. There, I accidentally hit the Un distribution chart with my fat fingers and just sorta stared at it.... WTF was this 15k Un wallet doing here, dwarfing the 6k wallet?  I jumped over to BTC and read alarming posts here by Baars, Balu2 CraigSwalby, Learminer...  I investigated the top UNO wallet on Chainz, and it was obvious was happening.

Bittrex has been responsive to the situation. Kudos to them.

I'll try to contact Mr. Sallah in a couple of hours after he rolls into work in his Tesla,  and will let you know if I reach him or a minion.

Nostr:
npub14wk4hrq6atlq020c7r6eyylpu9gjukyqzafzxu6u80unqfrplq9qhtx8sy
FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2016, 01:11:26 PM

Some of the newer people here might enjoy these posts from a couple of years ago. The UNO community has long been concerned about large amounts of rare UNO stored on exchanges, Cryptsy in particular.

Here is a prescient post by our old friend Gustav about Cryptsy, from 2 years ago!
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=527500.msg7848206;topicseen#msg7848206

In this post from June 2014 by Voluntarist500 recaps  and comments on what we learned by tracing the stolen Uno from Coinex. The Coinex thief liquidated the Uno on the Cryptsy market slowly for months, keeping the price low. We couldn't stop it, but we eventually figured it out.C
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=527500.msg7516580;topicseen#msg7516580

I love his comment, "never ever again let it happen that there are that many percent of a coin in one place. Not mintpal and cryptsy - cryptsy has too much on the books. Remove some there for the moment"

Now there is probably 40,000 Un stored on Bittrex at this moment. It is always a concern of ours. So we've been in this situation before, hopefully never again. But UNO always seems to come out of it stronger.

Nostr:
Gekko463

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 01:34:59 PM
Last edit: April 11, 2016, 01:47:33 PM by Gekko463

Some of the newer people here might enjoy these posts from a couple of years ago. The UNO community has long been concerned about large amounts of rare UNO stored on exchanges, Cryptsy in particular.

Here is a prescient post by our old friend Gustav about Cryptsy, from 2 years ago!
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=527500.msg7848206;topicseen#msg7848206

In this post from June 2014 by Voluntarist500 recaps  and comments on what we learned by tracing the stolen Uno from Coinex. The Coinex thief liquidated the Uno on the Cryptsy market slowly for months, keeping the price low. We couldn't stop it, but we eventually figured it out.C
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=527500.msg7516580;topicseen#msg7516580

I love his comment, "never ever again let it happen that there are that many percent of a coin in one place. Not mintpal and cryptsy - cryptsy has too much on the books. Remove some there for the moment"

Now there is probably 40,000 Un stored on Bittrex at this moment. It is always a concern of ours. So we've been in this situation before, hopefully never again. But UNO always seems to come out of it stronger.

Gustav stopped posting January 16th 2016.  Ya think he got crushed at Cryptsy?  Are GUSTOV' UNO's the kilos that Balu2 is trying to buy for 100 satochis?

Because Balu2 has no moral compass and doesn't care where his profits come from.  Community emergency?  Balu2 is THERE like a fly on shit to profit from pain.  Not helping to recover the stolen goods.

Balu2 wants to be the "fence".  The guy that buys our stolen UNO for pennies on the dollar.

While other noble members like learnminer and FK and whoever this thunderbolt character is, are trying to return the stolen UNO to the Receiver, Balu2 is on the spot looking to buy yours and Gustov's stolen goods like a pawn shop owner in cracktown buying your stolen laptop for $40.

Know who we trade with.  Some people are just criminals.

natmccoy
Legendary

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 01:49:37 PM

Gekko tryin' to work people up, don't fall for it Balu2  Cheesy

Yes we should do right but it's also a no-mercy environment. If I had the choice between one of you buying 2000 UNO at 0.001 or me buying 2000 UNO at 0.0011, I would buy it myself! That's not to say that Bittrex wouldn't reverse trades if such a large dump took place anyway.

I wonder if Bittrex would have noticed if none of us mentioned it.

I also wonder where this thunderbolt guy came from. LOL!

That was an exciting Sunday night/Monday morning, I had fun watching it unfold & using Twitter. This story is a good opportunity for attention so continue to tweet, retweet, post & comment in reddit, there are 3 cryptocointalk threads about it already...what else do crypto people use these days?

FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2016, 01:50:32 PM

I don't blame anyone for trying to get in position beneath a helicopter that looks like its going to drop a ton of money on a crowd.

I have my low buy orders in too, even while I was working to get that wallet frozen at Bittrex.  Balu2 is a good guy, one of the first to report what was going on here, even before I noticed.

I scored some Uno in the 004's.  I also bought it back up earlier close to 006.  If Bittrex wants to reverse those transactions, thats fine with me. I think we would all rather see it returned to the rightful owners.  But.... can't blame a guy for posting a buy order.  There is no guarantee that the dump would occur, or that if a dump does occur that it's with tainted funds. Only Bittrex knows. I'm sure they will do the right thing.

I usually have some deep buy orders on the books anyway. Periodic dumps are are a fact of crypto.

I think that with so many people watching our community today, a flame war here is out of the question.  Please take it to the Official UNO Off-Topic Thread.

Nostr:
natmccoy
Legendary

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 01:56:08 PM

Also, in this case, it appears that the funds dumped to 0.0043 were not Cryptsy coins, but other traders who tried to preempt the move. So there's another reason for low buy orders. I've seen low bids pay off quite a few times with UNO, unfortunately I'm usually not the recipient, I should leave small ones up more often.

FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2016, 01:59:19 PM

I contacted James Sallah's office. Spoke to his secretary, who said he is on vacation all week.  I was referred to another attorney. I contacted him, left a message and that's the extent of it so far.

Nostr:
thunderjet

Activity: 916
Merit: 312

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 02:11:50 PM

Gekko tryin' to work people up, don't fall for it Balu2  Cheesy

Yes we should do right but it's also a no-mercy environment. If I had the choice between one of you buying 2000 UNO at 0.001 or me buying 2000 UNO at 0.0011, I would buy it myself! That's not to say that Bittrex wouldn't reverse trades if such a large dump took place anyway.

I wonder if Bittrex would have noticed if none of us mentioned it.

I also wonder where this thunderbolt guy came from. LOL!

That was an exciting Sunday night/Monday morning, I had fun watching it unfold & using Twitter. This story is a good opportunity for attention so continue to tweet, retweet, post & comment in reddit, there are 3 cryptocointalk threads about it already...what else do crypto people use these days?

It is not thunderbolt,but thunderjet,Merkle miswrote mine username and I did not know they used mine infos until I saw post here.Yesterday one guy - nukefxr,probably from UNO community asked me if I can help about sudden move of UNOs from Cryptsy to Bittrex.Immediately it got mine attention,because during tracing stolen BTCs and altcoins from Cryptsy I found that "hacker" extensively used Bittrex to sell stolen BTCD and XC.So I did investigation and put post about mine findings about 12 hours ago.This is mine original post:

They still have the coins though. Vern does at least. He can still return them. The clock is ticking. As the events unfold in the next few months I think if Vern returns the coins now he can still keep himself and his accomplices out of jail, or minimize the legal liability at least. It's the same situation Karpeles was in when the "missing" coins were tracked to his wallet. It's obvious at this point Vern is guilty.

Now,after receiveship it will be good to look at Cryptsy wallets carefully and compare all these suspicious transactions(including money transactions of course).When we are talking about blockchain expertise,it is very hard to say what can be enough credentials for the court,because it is something so new,there are no school or something similar for that.Maybe these guys from Chain analysis ,which have company for blockchain expertise will have enough credentials for the court:

https://www.chainalysis.com/
Thunderjet good job with your wallet forensics. Just saw this thought you might wanna see it.
The Cryptsy UNO cold wallet has been moved to a wallet at Bittrex this sunday .  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=527500.msg14494331#msg14494331

If you look carefully at this UNO address on Bittrex uWCVvkiyUqXDiQ8nczaoLrWjqScr4jvnnz which received UNOs from Cryptsy cold wallet,you can see that it got first 25 UNOs (probably control transaction) on 7th.March.2016 - 3 weeks before receivership . Rest of them came yesterday.

So,this 15000 UNO transaction has been done by someone who had control of UNO cold wallet on Cryptsy at 7th.March.2016 and we all know who is that person - Paul Vernon.

Unfortunately,it looks like Vernon copied wallet.dat files from wallets on Cryptsy and now wants to exchange rest of altcoins for BTCs.His big wallets with BTCs taken directly from Crypytsy and from selling altcoins are discovered and compromised,so he cant touch them.Bitebi9 is dead,no volume at all,no income,but he has a lot of expenses, from child alimony to paying big expensive lawer,so he probably desperately needs influx of uncompromised BTCs.I dont think so that this account on Bittrex is on his name,but probably on some poor guy/girl whose gave identity data to Cryptsy.

Maybe big players in crypto world know something about it,because yesterday we had unusally big drop of all altcoins value,while BTC price was stable.

One more thing - I followed UNO address of Cryptsy cold wallet(from the last one address before move on Bittrex) backward on the blockchain to see point of origin of wallet for that address,because that last known address has no label,so someone on Bittrex could tell you are wrong.But, you are right - I found point of origin and it is Cryptsy UNO cold wallet ,no doubt on that:

That point of origin is UNO address(49.000 UNOs) - ucUNib5VsyTHfdz7EQFeqfsvyMgEX9Jhju ,which is positively identified on blockchain as Cryptsy address:

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/uno/tx.dws?627285.htm

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/uno/address.dws?ucUNib5VsyTHfdz7EQFeqfsvyMgEX9Jhju.htm

If you go one more step backward from address - ucUNib5VsyTHfdz7EQFeqfsvyMgEX9Jhju - you will see address uV3ZkXabHfYoBCJpcEX9W7qKH6L6KqkMHy with 50.000 UNOs from where UNOs were transferred to    ucUNib5VsyTHfdz7EQFeqfsvyMgEX9Jhju   :

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/uno/address.dws?uV3ZkXabHfYoBCJpcEX9W7qKH6L6KqkMHy.htm

Now pay attnetion on funds which came to the address uV3ZkXabHfYoBCJpcEX9W7qKH6L6KqkMHy  - on 50000 UNO deposit (block 507095) it leads right to old URAN wallet of Cryptsy :   

uRAN4dj3yG8n93obakUHT8siVQap47bHrN

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/uno/tx.dws?617298.htm

Things are more than clear now

Piston Honda
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1064

Juicin' crypto

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 02:45:12 PM

so did the theif get cock blocked?Huh i hope so, nice work if so!
fucking scammers/hackers.

$ADK ~ watch & learn...
Pages: « 1 ... 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 [620] 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 ... 788 »
  Print  

Jump to: