Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 11:29:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ROCKMINER - miners using GEN3 ASICMINER chips  (Read 52758 times)
stompysteve

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 01:44:04 PM

I don't understand how you plan to hold the IPO. Will it be held on rockminer.com, or will it be held on the forums? Also, will you be associating shares with BTC addresses, using the same sort of method as Asicminer?

We plan to issue the IPO with paying bitcoins to the IPO address directly,we collecting payment BTC addresses for dividend addresses.Yes, the same as ASICMINER. So if you are interested, you should send bitcoins from a wallet which you have private keys.

The IPO address will release later.

Ok. If someone pays the IPO address 10 BTC from 5 different addresses, they will need to hold onto those 5 addresses forever in order to keep their shares?
I would like to buy shares but not 10 BTC worth...
How would this mining operation do better then what ASICMINER is doing, if the chips are coming straight from them and they are already in the mining business as well?
rockxie (OP)

Activity: 284
Merit: 254

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 01:55:10 PM

I don't understand how you plan to hold the IPO. Will it be held on rockminer.com, or will it be held on the forums? Also, will you be associating shares with BTC addresses, using the same sort of method as Asicminer?

We plan to issue the IPO with paying bitcoins to the IPO address directly,we collecting payment BTC addresses for dividend addresses.Yes, the same as ASICMINER. So if you are interested, you should send bitcoins from a wallet which you have private keys.

Ok. If someone pays the IPO address 10 BTC from 5 different addresses, they will need to hold onto those 5 addresses forever in order to keep their shares?

Just one of them.We will release a address list after IPO completed.
rockxie (OP)

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 01:55:58 PM

I would like to buy shares but not 10 BTC worth...
How would this mining operation do better then what ASICMINER is doing, if the chips are coming straight from them and they are already in the mining business as well?

No need to be better. Smiley
elasticband
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

Nighty Night Don't Let The Trolls Bite Nom Nom Nom

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 01:58:17 PM

they are not trying to compete against Asicminer in anyway, they are working alongside them.
Chris_Sabian
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 02:02:54 PM

Can shareholders buy a miner at a discounted price?  Say 1 miner buying from Rockminer for every 100 shares owned at a lower price than market?  This would be an added benefit for shareholders?
kibblesnbits

Activity: 557

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 02:03:45 PM

Thank you for the interesting IPO, I'm considering buying.  Does the IPO start at 12:00 midnight or 12:00 noon Beijing time on the 26th? 

ASICMINERTUBE

The Best $/Gh Bitcoin Miner So Far
   ►►►   DISCOVER NOW !!!   ◄◄◄
minerpumpkin

Activity: 686

A pumpkin mines 27 hours a night

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 02:27:10 PM

Another couple of questions: Why are there rockminer.com and rock-miner.com? Those domains are also registered to different registrars, why?
Can we receive some sort of confirmation from friedcat/AM that Rockminer is indeed pursuing these plans and working with AM / a customer of them? Or please sign a message stating this operation with you AM dividend address.

I should have gotten into Bitcoin back in 1992...
bitcoin.newsfeed

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 02:47:36 PM

Thanks, one more thing. Some math here :

We're talking about 75 000 shares, (60 000 private and 15 000 public).

... so RM should have 7500 BTCs in IPO address after sold-out IPO. 6000 from private investors and 1500 from us. One great feature of the blockchain is that is an ultimate public ledger. So the question is, can you provide the proof, that you raised 6000 BTC in private round? I just don't want to see, that you're giving shares for free to you or your friends. Shareholders are equal, right? After that we can control flow of money in company, how much will go for chips orders, how many for other expenses etc, very transparent way, thanks to blockchain.

... Question Everything, Believe Nothing ...
ex-trader

Activity: 298

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 03:11:58 PM

Are the non-public shares being subscribed to with cash or just being given to founders for free?

If they are being subscribed to - why do you need the smaller money from the public shares?

If they are being given free to founders - why would anyone pay their money to be invested in a farm that only receives 15,000/75,000 ie 20% of any profits?
rockxie (OP)

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 03:12:42 PM

Can shareholders buy a miner at a discounted price?  Say 1 miner buying from Rockminer for every 100 shares owned at a lower price than market?  This would be an added benefit for shareholders?
Sorry,no this plan.shareholders are benefited by dividend.

Thank you for the interesting IPO, I'm considering buying.  Does the IPO start at 12:00 midnight or 12:00 noon Beijing time on the 26th? 

12:00 noon Beijing time

Another couple of questions: Why are there rockminer.com and rock-miner.com? Those domains are also registered to different registrars, why?
Can we receive some sort of confirmation from friedcat/AM that Rockminer is indeed pursuing these plans and working with AM / a customer of them? Or please sign a message stating this operation with you AM dividend address.

Both of them are ours.We use rock-miner.com before,and bought rockminer.com days ago for international brand consideration. We will redirect rock-miner.com to rockminer.com

My dividend address of AM:
1Mt8jZ4Ag3gEmufaEYcSQbs7Z79YYTGskq

msg:
Rockxie's AM dividend address.Sign for ROCKMINER IPO.

signature:
H4jMkKaEk2fwcAb3XKq0cN8FsDW5qhNVELFEx0d3rwtgCWDJxUMfL14yPa7zNvTWKqNn8DCRtZOE3EI xfUq6jTU=

minerpumpkin

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 03:41:52 PM

Both of them are ours.We use rock-miner.com before,and bought rockminer.com days ago for international brand consideration. We will redirect rock-miner.com to rockminer.com

My dividend address of AM:
1Mt8jZ4Ag3gEmufaEYcSQbs7Z79YYTGskq

msg:
Rockxie's AM dividend address.Sign for ROCKMINER IPO.

signature:
H4jMkKaEk2fwcAb3XKq0cN8FsDW5qhNVELFEx0d3rwtgCWDJxUMfL14yPa7zNvTWKqNn8DCRtZOE3EI xfUq6jTU=

Thank you! It verifies and the address does, indeed, seem legit!

coldguy

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 04:05:49 PM

Thanks, one more thing. Some math here :

We're talking about 75 000 shares, (60 000 private and 15 000 public).

... so RM should have 7500 BTCs in IPO address after sold-out IPO. 6000 from private investors and 1500 from us. One great feature of the blockchain is that is an ultimate public ledger. So the question is, can you provide the proof, that you raised 6000 BTC in private round? I just don't want to see, that you're giving shares for free to you or your friends. Shareholders are equal, right? After that we can control flow of money in company, how much will go for chips orders, how many for other expenses etc, very transparent way, thanks to blockchain.

This should be done.

If we purchase IPO shares, then we are using real BTCs to invest in the company. If rockxie yourself or your partners are giving shares to your own, we should know how many shares are you valuing your work/time/energy/etc. Without this information I would still be reluctant. As there has already been so many IPO happened during past year, indeed we need more transparency.
bitcoin.newsfeed

Activity: 378

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 04:16:49 PM

If we purchase IPO shares, then we are using real BTCs to invest in the company. If rockxie yourself or your partners are giving shares to your own, we should know how many shares are you valuing your work/time/energy/etc.

Yeah, I mean ... I don't care if you guys took some shares(reasonable amount) for your idea, work, assembly line, rent of building, R&D, materials, just give us the numbers. And how many BTC left from private round(with proof).

... Question Everything, Believe Nothing ...
coldguy

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 04:36:52 PM

Also, as I have asked in AM's thread, rockxie, as a board member of AM, will pay how much money to buy chips from AM? If you pay too much, of course you would not have a large margin here. But, if you pay too little, how AM's shareholders' benefits be protected?

To be honest, I don't think a single chip supplier and single miner producer working together would be mutual beneficial. It will be hard to handle all these issues. Maybe in the future, those who only invested in AM and those who only invested in RM, will start fighting each other in these two threads......
twentyseventy
Legendary

Activity: 1386

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 05:14:57 PM
Last edit: March 24, 2014, 05:38:13 PM by twentyseventy

Will there be a passthrough at Havelock for those of us who can't afford to spend at least 10-15 BTC on the minimum amount of 100 shares?

I'm thinking about doing a passthrough/groupbuy for the IPO, since there is no one offering anything like this right now and not everyone can afford 10 BTC. We'd chip in and buy the shares together (if this is OK with rockxie). I'd then transfer the shares as soon as possible to your address after trading is enabled or keep on passing the dividends through to you. Please send a PM stating how many shares you'd be interested in obtaining so I can see whether this makes sense or isn't worth pursuing at all. Smiley

rockxie: 1. Will we be able to transfer shares to Havelock afterwards? 2. Why aren't you doing the IPO on Havelock? Thank you!

It seems that Rockxie is essentially saying that they're open to allowing a RM passthrough, but not necessarily handling one themselves. I've contacted Havelock to see if they'd be interested in hosting it. I figure that it would be do-able, depending on the demand.

Hope that I'm not stepping on your toes here, minerpumpkin-

EDIT: Looks like there is something in the works with RM already-
Franktank

Activity: 560

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 05:35:57 PM

It seems that Rockxie is essentially saying that they're open to allowing a RM passthrough, but not necessarily handling one themselves. I've contacted Havelock to see if they'd be interested in hosting it. I figure that it would be do-able, depending on the demand.

Hope that I'm not stepping on your toes here, minerpumpkin-

I'm sure many others are thinking of the same thing here but it's fairly certain that if there is a PT, it would be run by Havelock themselves. They now have the capital to maintain one and anyone who's interested in doing so will have to offer a very tempting incentive that would have them think otherwise.
Bonam

Activity: 420

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 06:06:48 PM

I'd be interested in getting in at IPO price for just a few shares though, if there's any PT/group buy that's gonna happen in time.
mc_lovin
Legendary

Activity: 1190

www.bitcointrading.com

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2014, 06:07:14 PM

If I pay you 10 BTC for 100 shares, can I have them divided slightly? 

45 shares - 1 address
45 shares - 1 address
10 shares - 1 address

and so on?  no smaller division than that.
minerpumpkin

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 06:16:36 PM

Well the thing is, yes it seems there will be a passthrough on Havelock, whether it is run by Havelock or RM. What I was thinking is:
I was thinking on basically doing a groupbuy for the IPO. Everyone chips in their desired amount, and if it's enough (>= 100) I'll try and buy the respective shares at IPO price tomorrow. As soon as a public trading or share transfer is possible, I'll transfer them as the respective participants desire. If there are divs in the meantime, I'll forward them accordingly. If I don't succeed in buying the shares, everyone gets all of their respective BTC back.
Like 'Bonam' says: This is a question of time, the IPO's tomorrow night. Some people already sent a PM and declared their interest, but we'd need some more. So, feel free to sent a PM if you're interested and I'll get back to you when I know whether we can proceed.

@twentyseventy: Not stepping on anyone's toes Wink Don't worry!

dhenson
Legendary

Activity: 994

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 06:24:47 PM

Rockxie,

Will there be a guaranteed return on IPO prior to owner shares being paid a dividend like AM did for their IPO?

In other words, will the owner shares be receiving dividends on day 1, or will only IPO shareholders receive dividends until .15 is paid out.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: