Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:52:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ETH high gas fee  (Read 23693 times)
reza7777

Activity: 1414
Merit: 255

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2021, 08:09:04 PM

We don't know for sure when the fee madness will end but at least now after the hype defi is reduced we can make transactions for a smaller fee than a few months before, but still above $1

▄█▄▄    ▄█▄
     ▄▄██▀▀  ▄███▀██▄▄
  ▄▄██▀▀  ▄███▀    ▀▀██▄▄
▄██▀▀   ▄██▀    ██▄   ▀▀██▄
██      ██       ██      ██
▀██▄▄   ▀██   ▄▄███   ▄▄██▀
  ▀▀██▄▄    ▄███▀  ▄▄██▀▀
     ▀▀██▄███▀  ▄▄██▀▀
        ▀█▀     ▀█▀
N O D Y
nody.ai

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄███████████████▀▀███▀▀█▄
██████████████▀▄██▄▄    █
█████▀            ▀██▄▄██
█▀                    ▀██
█      ▄█▄    ▄█▄       █
█▄     ▀█▀    ▀█▀     ▄██
██                    ███
███    ▀▄      ▄▀    ████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄█████
██████▄▄        ▄▄███████
▀███████████████████████▀

▄███████▀▀▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████████▄
█████▀  ▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄▄  ▀███████
█████  ▀▀▀              ▀▀▀  █████
███                            ███
██                              ██
██        ████      ████        ██
█        ██████    ██████        █
█         ████      ████         █
█                                █
█      ▀▄▄              ▄▄▀      █
██▄      ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀      ▄██
███▄▄      ██████████      ▄▄█████
███████▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄█████████
▀████████████████████████████████▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Kocret02

Activity: 1120
Merit: 250

Trident Protocol | Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!

View Profile
January 17, 2021, 08:23:03 PM

Its 2021 and crazy high fees is a issue, who would have though. Year after year devs promise and no action, nothing to show for.

Costs that make it difficult for everyone to buy or replace the tokens we have with what we want. price increases have a bad impact on making transactions.
Indeed. It makes it difficult for every crypto users to convert their shitcoins nowadays because of the expensive ETH gas fees, that is why most Altcoins are stuck or remains in their crypto wallets and exchanges that they do not afford paying ETH gas fees. Instead of enjoying the great momentum of the bull run, we still need to think of another way on how we will pay these high fees.

It's very complicated right now, it's like we are holding gold in a chest but can't take it out. With transaction fees so high it will be very difficult to make private banknotes.
the best way is that we have to sacrifice larger assets as a way for fees, and when these assets are sold we can enjoy the initial capital of our assets even though they have to be deducted as fees. That's what I often do to deal with large fees even though it's not fair in my opinion

speedforce

Activity: 758
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 17, 2021, 09:43:00 PM

We don't know for sure when the fee madness will end but at least now after the hype defi is reduced we can make transactions for a smaller fee than a few months before, but still above $1

This was already good fee, before fee was really disaster. I really hope ETH 2.0 will make the price quietly stable and cheap. Its not good when the fees amount is same with the coin amount that you want to send.
But High Fees somehow make people want to talk about Ethereum in many social media, isnt it? Even its bad sentiment, they advertise Ethereum in their own way.

|   Facebook   |     Twitter     |                                       R A N G E R S                                       |    Discord    |    Medium    |
|    Telegram   |                                        ─────     PROTOCOL     ─────                                        |    Gitbook    |
████  ███  ██  █          VIRTUAL WORLDS BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE          █  ██  ███  ████
VDraci

Activity: 560
Merit: 28

SAPG Pre-Sale Live on Uniswap!

View Profile
January 19, 2021, 07:21:11 PM

The problem with high gas fee will be fixed very soon through the EIP 1559 update, it's just that this is a bad news for Ethereum miners ad their mining reward will now be lower than before, it has something to do with the congestion,
Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1359

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
January 19, 2021, 07:22:10 PM

It seems to me this madness has already ended. it's January 2021. At the end of 2017 it was the same, then a decline, calm in cryptocurrency, we are now waiting for 2023. Until that time, I think it will be possible to send cheaply.

It seems like so. The "De-Fi" hype may be over, resulting in reduced fees for everyone. Still, ETH network fees are above $1, limiting people's ability to interact with smart contracts on a daily basis. To be able to enjoy sub $1 fees, the network needs to scale by adopting new upgrades as soon as possible. Now that we're close from obtaining the full benefits of ETH 2.0, it should only be a matter of time before ETH becomes great again. Full PoS (Proof of Stake) and Sharding will make ETH as good as it was in its early days. ETH's main selling point was 14 second block times and ridiculously low fees. That made it reach the top to the point where it's the second-largest cryptocurrency in the world. If it wants to stay that way, the team is going to need to implement network upgrades in the least time possible to beat the competition. Otherwise, alternatives like TRON, EOS, and Polkadot will reduce ETH's market dominance.

Nonetheless, I believe that ETH's high network fees may not last for long. If you still want to transact cheaply on the Blockchain, you're going to need to wait until network activity reduces to a minimum. Setting a low "gas" fee will do the trick. The only downside is that you're going to have to have a lot longer before your transaction is settled on-chain. But at least, this is better than waiting hours and paying fees well above $5 on the Bitcoin blockchain. With scaling solutions on the way (both on-chain and off-chain), high fees on the Ethereum blockchain will become a thing of the past. Just my thoughts Grin

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
leatutz

Activity: 523
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 19, 2021, 08:04:40 PM

To pump price of Ethereum, ETH transaction cost is very effective. I have some tokens but I can't be brave enough to sell these tokens for transaction cost. Forkdelta and idex exchange cost us more than normal transaction cost. Now normal transaction cost is 6 USD on IDEX exchange and 0.015 eth in the Forkdelta.
MishaSER

Activity: 1050
Merit: 103

BIB Exchange

View Profile
January 19, 2021, 08:05:41 PM

I'm also surprised by the popularity of decentralized exchanges like Uniswap. There, the commission for the transaction is 100 + $. Is this even legal?)

If they do not change anything, they risk losing a lot of clients, because there are analog exchanges with a minimal commission

███     WHITEPAPER  |    TELEGRAM    ███      BiB Exchange      ███     TWITTER     |   INSTAGRAM     ███
S e t   O f f   t h e   W e b 3   G e n e r a t i o n   N o w
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ►► Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
eucalyptus

Activity: 280
Merit: 71

View Profile
January 19, 2021, 08:26:59 PM

The problem with high gas fee will be fixed very soon through the EIP 1559 update, it's just that this is a bad news for Ethereum miners ad their mining reward will now be lower than before, it has something to do with the congestion,

First we have seen cyprtokitties problem on Ethereum blockchain and somehow they fixed the fee problem. And nowadays we have Uniswap madness and that's why we see high transaction fees. EIP 1559 update can fix this problem but we can see new problems on Ethereum because of angry miners.

JooBra

Activity: 1204
Merit: 162

View Profile
January 19, 2021, 09:07:03 PM

First we have seen cyprtokitties problem on Ethereum blockchain and somehow they fixed the fee problem. And nowadays we have Uniswap madness and that's why we see high transaction fees. EIP 1559 update can fix this problem but we can see new problems on Ethereum because of angry miners.
Using other crypto is my way to go until they figure it out. There are a few good option that are not eth based which I use. Couple of top 10 on CMC are not eth based so try using that.
disconnectme

Activity: 1876
Merit: 512

View Profile
January 19, 2021, 09:09:15 PM

I believe this issue of high gas is going to kill Ethereum unless something is done in the next 6 months, how can I pay $20 for $100 transaction, it makes no sense, with all these new L1 coming up, I believe developers will start looking into them and taking them serious.

█ ▀  ▄
  ▄ █  █▌ 
▄    █
        ███
                  ▀▀▀▀▀██
         ███          ███
      ███     【】     ███
   ███   【】【】   ███
██▀           █  █         ▀██         
█▄          █  █        ▄██
   ███       █  █     ███
      ███   █  ███ 
         ███    █    ███
            ███   ███

.T o o l K i t z A I .Break The Barrier.

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

███████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRY DEMO
███████████████████████████████████████████████████

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

▄▄████
                 ▄▄████████▌
           ▄▄█████████▀███
     ▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀    ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀     ▄███████▌
      ██     ▄█████████
       █   ▄██████████▌
       █   ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
crazy-pilot

Activity: 861
Merit: 253

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2021, 09:14:55 PM

It's funny that at the time the topic was created, the price of Ether was not so high, but the commissions seemed high due to the high prices for gas. Now the situation is reversed, gas prices are quite acceptable (56-90), but the price of ether itself is much higher. At the same time, I can't help but remember the times when the gvey was 6-15, and even then the 20 gvey seemed unforgivably expensive.

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
...The Open..............
...Lending Platform...
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄██████████▀▀▀▀███████▄
█████████▀        ███████
████████▀        ▄█████████
█████████       ▄▀▀██████████
█████████     ▄▀   ▀█████████
██████████  ▄▀      █████████
█████████▀▀       ▄████████
███████        ▄█████████
▀███████▄▄▄▄██████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
.SMARTFI..████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
...Join the SmartFi.....
...Token Sale...
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
BayAngelo

Activity: 882
Merit: 17

View Profile
January 20, 2021, 12:55:19 AM

This has always been my problem with Ethereum. it has drive many investors away from ethereum platform and they are yet to resolve this issue. we were promised that such issue will be resolved when ethereum 2.0 kick started but we are yet to confirmed whether that will solve the problem or not. hopefully, when more projects abandoned the ethereum platform, fees might go down when projects migrated to other blockchains.

kram31

Activity: 791
Merit: 139

View Profile
January 20, 2021, 04:04:52 AM

When will this madness end?
Who is willing to pay such amounts for a transaction?

The gas fee was totally so high and it was crazy dude, that's why for the meantime, I'm not doing any transaction under ERC20.
I'm just waiting a little bit to lessen its charge in it. Unless, if you withdraw a large amount of Ethereum I think that would be fine
anyhow, isn't that right?
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
January 20, 2021, 04:25:00 AM

The gas fee was totally so high and it was crazy dude, that's why for the meantime, I'm not doing any transaction under ERC20.
I'm just waiting a little bit to lessen its charge in it. Unless, if you withdraw a large amount of Ethereum I think that would be fine
anyhow, isn't that right?

I am also stuck with $50 worth of tokens for sometime. I want to convert it to ETH, before these tokens become worthless. But that process involves sending the ERC-20 tokens to an exchange, and then withdrawing the ETH back to my wallet. Two transactions need to be done, and in the end I will be left with only $35-$40 instead of $50. So for now, I have decided to keep the tokens as such.
buriks

Activity: 826
Merit: 303

View Profile
January 20, 2021, 09:42:41 AM

The cost of gas is currently high, but many of these have become a reference to the increase in gas, one of which is the large number of token deliveries on exchanges or other dompens, which makes the delivery queue slow so it requires a lot of gas to speed up the delivery.
dhaldanga

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 20, 2021, 12:15:57 PM

ETH high gas fee How many more days?
Is ETH 2.0 fully operational?
If not, how many more days will it take to launch?
Those who know, please let me know.
desfira

Activity: 392
Merit: 14

CLEVERBOUNTY

View Profile
January 20, 2021, 01:42:00 PM

Lately, ETH gas has always tended to be high for delivery, plus the price of ETH is currently above the cloud, many investors and holders have started moving for ETH, so that small gas will lose to high gas.

CLEVER BOUNTY
elsya syafira

Activity: 356
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 20, 2021, 02:33:54 PM

currently I have a lot of transactions on Etherscan.io and that's why the fees go up. maybe after etherium has decreased and other altcoins too so the fee for fees will decrease this often happens when etherium rises.
malik631

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 20, 2021, 03:26:06 PM

I am also waiting for eth low transaction fee. I having a problem with erc20 tokens which i am holding. Hope soon eth fee will be low at 0.5$
angrynerd88

Activity: 910
Merit: 253

Hodlers Network

View Profile
January 20, 2021, 04:24:31 PM

Typically the issue of ethereum clients some time recently and still these days, ethereum gas charge is tall. We can't bear this at whatever point ethereum goes high. I do not know why ETHER group must do with his coin but I accept that there will ended up changes in ethereum gas charge sometime in the not so distant future. As of presently, I did not utilize my ethereum as installment or pull back utilizing my eth in exchange. But in my Metamask wallet vital coin to move but as well much tall expenses as of late i paid $22 for a transaction.It will fair allow me disappointment almost the benefits I have earned in exchanging.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: