Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 05:43:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ETH high gas fee  (Read 23695 times)
mezzaluna

Activity: 518
Merit: 23

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
February 03, 2021, 12:17:08 PM

This changes should be expected because the values of different Cryptocurrencies are also rising and if we wanted to move this big chunks of cryptocurrencies, the high fee's are expected. We should see some change when something would be further develop within Ethereum's platform which would lower the gas fee's since even though we can set it manually, its still to high for some traders and its just resulting into greater loss than gaining.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Jordi129

Activity: 205
Merit: 4

View Profile
February 03, 2021, 01:19:20 PM

Okay bye but all I know is that it will come back at a lower fee and will go again at a higher fee. I'm already tired of these expensive transactions on the Ethereum blockchain and everyone is already tired of waiting. If the Ethereum gas fee goes up normally, it's normal because Ethereum is pumping at the moment.
leea-1334

Activity: 2254
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
February 03, 2021, 03:37:20 PM

Yes, I think this is going to block ethereum for a while now, and it will go down because people will not be able to make moves since it is too expensive, all people who moved under 20 bucks will stop and many others will slow down or even stop, only people who are talking in huge amounts and desperation will be capable of moving money around.

For a year for sure until they get all the stages of ETH 2.0 fully mature and stable ready for 2022. It is helpful that demand continues to grow even at such high prices. Yesterday during ATH I saw 350 gas fee. Imagine how much that means for a defi contract? $100? I have paid $5 fees recently and still waited over 5 hours!

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Sendi blackspade team

Activity: 941
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 03, 2021, 03:41:01 PM

try to make transactions during working hours. I think ETH transaction fees must have decreased. I saw last night the transaction fee was more than $ 6, but after I tried to check it the next day during business hours the transaction fee is cheaper by around $ 2- $ 3. In my country, especially during the day, I see an increase in GAS costs for ethereum transactions and it goes down again during the day.
TWW

Activity: 1456
Merit: 109

View Profile
February 03, 2021, 04:01:37 PM

Okay bye but all I know is that it will come back at a lower fee and will go again at a higher fee. I'm already tired of these expensive transactions on the Ethereum blockchain and everyone is already tired of waiting. If the Ethereum gas fee goes up normally, it's normal because Ethereum is pumping at the moment.
Yes, just because the increase in transaction fees is not normal so that everyone feels they have complaints about this when they want to make a transaction, even though currently there are some new tokens that are experiencing a good price increase in the market.
I think this is also related to the increase in the ETH price as well as the increase in the price of some ethereum tokens. it increases transactions occurring and keeps the network busier. of course it will make the costs even higher. but if the price of the tokens to be sold also increases I think it will be balanced.
adamvp

Activity: 1246
Merit: 708

View Profile
February 03, 2021, 04:10:21 PM

When will this madness end?
Who is willing to pay such amounts for a transaction?

Seems to we have to face to ETH gas price issue, again.
Today's morning I decided to delay my transaction hoping for lower gas prices.. it was 100 gas price..
Now it is over 200 xD

I hope it will be lower anyway..

What is my solution for high gas price except of waiting?
If I would like to sell Eth I short it instead on exchange - but it is a little risky - risk of keeping assets on exchange, and risk of getting position liquidated (admittedly I don't use big leverage - most of the time 3x but 33% + in few hours pump isn't impossible)
And if I use DEXes like uniswap and swap to ETH I choose WETH as it is cheaper to swap to ETH instead of stablecoins (simultaneously  I open short position on exchange and am waiting for gas price drop Wink )

I am looking for signature campaign Wink pm me
oprahwindfury

Activity: 574
Merit: 108

View Profile
February 03, 2021, 04:52:48 PM

it will return to bring down charges and return again to higher expenses. You should had the persistence to sit tight for it to come at a lower charge, or, in all likelihood you don't have the decision like the other sender right now who needs to send their ethereum equilibrium to another wallet.

valek.bruno

Activity: 728
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 03, 2021, 04:53:14 PM

I really hope that this problem will be solved soon, because it cannot continue this way. Imagine if the ether costs 20k, then the commission will cost a lot of money. It's absurd even at current prices.
adamvp

View Profile
February 03, 2021, 05:20:50 PM

it will return to bring down charges and return again to higher expenses. You should had the persistence to sit tight for it to come at a lower charge, or, in all likelihood you don't have the decision like the other sender right now who needs to send their ethereum equilibrium to another wallet.

There is no gas price chart on tradingview, but it has gastoken charted, which track price of ethereum gas and it looks in this way:

As you can see clearly  gas price broke channel upper bound and now is keeping above, so I won't expected to see average gas price lower than 100 anytime soon...

kooboat

Activity: 235
Merit: 10

BountyMarketCap

View Profile
February 03, 2021, 05:53:46 PM

We are in 2021 and the gas price is still high despite the new ATH. This is not how ETH used to be, how can one pay  as high as $21 as gas fees on a single transaction. This is so  not cool, irrespective  of the amount involved , it's making sending small transactions involving  little amounts very difficult.

●   KEEP CALM & HODL   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  KCH  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●[/
Flowzer

Activity: 490
Merit: 107

View Profile
February 03, 2021, 07:26:00 PM

"ETH high gas fee"

I so wanted and believed that Ethereum would be expensive, and now that it has risen in price, I'm not happy.
On the 20th, I will need to withdraw Dego tokens, and I may not have enough ETH for the commission, it's sad.
There must be an alternative.

I have more ironic condition, i want to send my stable token (IDRT), but the fees was 3x more valuable than the token.
I think i will just left that token in my wallet until the fee become reasonable.

|   Facebook   |     Twitter     |                                       R A N G E R S                                       |    Discord    |    Medium    |
|    Telegram   |                                        ─────     PROTOCOL     ─────                                        |    Gitbook    |
████  ███  ██  █          VIRTUAL WORLDS BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE          █  ██  ███  ████
bakasabo
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1183

View Profile
February 04, 2021, 09:13:04 AM

"ETH high gas fee"

I so wanted and believed that Ethereum would be expensive, and now that it has risen in price, I'm not happy.
On the 20th, I will need to withdraw Dego tokens, and I may not have enough ETH for the commission, it's sad.
There must be an alternative.

You could have withdrawn DEGO Finance tokens from their platform week ago. As I understand, you have participated in bounty and now wait for full reward to be ready to withdrawn. The best option now is to talk to DEGO Finance representatives and ask them to prolong bounty withdrawal period, stressing on enormously high fees. I just dont know what will happen to tokens that wont be withdrawn. Will team burn them or simply add to their balances? It is in their interest to let more hunters withdraw their rewards (bounty pool was not high) and increase trading volume, then listen complains for being deceived.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
AzamNurWahid

Activity: 658
Merit: 20

View Profile
February 04, 2021, 09:23:26 AM

I really hope that this problem will be solved soon, because it cannot continue this way. Imagine if the ether costs 20k, then the commission will cost a lot of money. It's absurd even at current prices.
everyone expects the same thing because things like this don't make sense, maybe if ethereum were now $20k current fees could be over $200 Undecided

Charanpreet1129

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 04, 2021, 06:32:22 PM

Gas costs brought about for ETH exchanges, which are among the greatest expenses right now caused, were a while back.

Don't have the foggiest idea when this closures, similar to it or not in the event that you make an exchange with ETH that is the danger you acknowledge.

Everybody whines about the fumes gas, simply trust everything gets back to business as usual as regular at ordinary costs, that is everything I can say, can't do a lot.
zerogrown

Activity: 42

View Profile
February 05, 2021, 07:42:43 AM

The real problem on ETH up until now, high gas fees 🤦‍♂️ This is just too much have... Hoping that ETH 2.0 to handle this matter as soon as possible. Gas fees on exchanges sure are going up real high. Volumes dont really matter in this. Yes the demand for ETH is clearly there because of it pumping too but its just too much. Hating this gas fees even more.
konflikkastil

Activity: 879

Binance #Smart World Global Token

View Profile
February 05, 2021, 08:49:04 AM

Something has to be done urgently to resolve this issue, I can't lie to you. This has caused me a lot and I seriously do not know what to do right now. The fee sometimes is so high that it will almost reduce the amount of the coin you want to sell to nothing. This one your showed I still okay. I have seen a gas fee of $8, $9, $10 and even $12. I was like what's the meaning of this. I think something has to be done to resolve it on time. Project will give a token and to transfer it to the Exchange you need gas, to transfer it back conversion you will also need gas. Calculate all the gas fees together what will you have left. Almost nothing.

SWG.io  ⁞ Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.13                                        ╖
║         〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 ◊ ICOHOLDER ⁞ 4.45 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙        ║
╙                  ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY  NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹                  ╜
Kena Banned

Activity: 644
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 05, 2021, 10:39:13 AM

Its simply supply demand effect, too many people want to do transaction at that time while the blockchain capacity have its maximum.
So the gas fee increase  to serve only people who want to pay more. Just hope ETH 2.0 in the future can solve the problem better.

|   Facebook   |     Twitter     |                                       R A N G E R S                                       |    Discord    |    Medium    |
|    Telegram   |                                        ─────     PROTOCOL     ─────                                        |    Gitbook    |
████  ███  ██  █          VIRTUAL WORLDS BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE          █  ██  ███  ████
adamvp

View Profile
February 05, 2021, 11:08:49 AM

That was very expensive, the current eth gas fee is only about 108 gwei at the moment.
You will have to using more gas to transfer erc20 token than transfer ETH coin to other wallet because the gas limit is higher.
I usually monitor the gas fee on https://etherscan.io/gastracker before send any token and waiting for lower gas fee.

Still fee ise very high. A few days ago, transactions below 200 gwei were fail. Ethereum reaches ath, fees are too Cheesy
Those who want to swap or send tokens from the wallet to exchanges have a huge problem. It was good that the fee fee decreased, even if it was a little. I hope fees will be lower, we dont want to check gastracker everytime Smiley

Indeed it is still high, the price of Ethereum is high, then the price of the gas is high too.
I wonder if the transaction fee will be low if ETH become a PoS coin in the future.
Using trc20 token in Tron blockchain maybe a good alternative to avoid high gas fee on ETH blockchain.

It will  be lowered for sure, that's one of most important reasons why Eth is switching from PoW to PoS; more cheaper and faster transactions Wink
And >10$ is only for basic eth transfer, which consume only small amount  of gas; for token transfer, or defi activities is much much higher!

Mika220

Activity: 33

View Profile
February 05, 2021, 11:25:43 AM

There’s always two sides of the coin:
High commissions are good for miners and bad for traders.
deean_3one

Activity: 490

View Profile
February 05, 2021, 01:57:23 PM

When will this madness end?
Who is willing to pay such amounts for a transaction?

Be patient brother😊 the rising cost of gas may be due to many people who are frantically selling their altcoins. patiently and wait for a low return fee.  I'm sure this won't last long. 

⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣     C O M B O     ⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣
A leading provider of scaling solutions for Web3 game developers
|      Twitter      |    Telegram    |     Discord     |     Medium     |      GitHub      |
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: