Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:42:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Efforts of holding wasted  (Read 1484 times)
motun01

Activity: 431
Merit: 18

View Profile
April 27, 2021, 11:56:31 PM

Holding isn't a waste and i believe that your results depends on the coins you are holding, in that same period of time some coins have done over 10x their previous value
So i wouldn't focus on having too many cryptos in my portfolio. Only a good few ones do such returns
The problem i discover most investors have is trying to find the next big thing. Why not just buy into the obviously good crypto projects and see your positive returns over time.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Amejoaquim

Activity: 924
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 28, 2021, 03:25:43 AM

The reason why we need to do own research is because of this, we cant hold any of alts and without knowing about that project, for me it's very stupid.

If you got that coin from bounties it's fine, but if you bought coin without knowing about that project i think it's your own damn fault.
Lantind

Activity: 2268
Merit: 263

View Profile
April 28, 2021, 02:45:02 PM

The reason why we need to do own research is because of this, we cant hold any of alts and without knowing about that project, for me it's very stupid.

If you got that coin from bounties it's fine, but if you bought coin without knowing about that project i think it's your own damn fault.
Yes, buying coins without knowing where they came from is very stupid because how can someone dare to buy a product without knowing its development and where it came from, so it is very clear that researching before buying is mandatory.
darewaller

Activity: 2800
Merit: 634

View Profile
April 28, 2021, 07:20:42 PM

It's always wise to hold only very popular coins for future sake like the period we are in presently, not all altcoins will pump and give you a thousand dollar gain or more
I agree only known and reputed coins keep going up and most other coins are getting delisted from exchanges. It means we need to take time to do due diligence so that we can be selective while investing in altcoins. Personally I'm holding few top altcoins and I will be booking profits when my imaginary targets are met.

if I've spent my time to gather top altcoins I would be in happy mood right now
What happened when you were investing? You're not the first one I'm seeing regretting for their past action. I guess this is not the end; you must plan up at least now onward so that you could make new investments into right coins so that you will be getting huge profits in coming years Smiley.
Tellek Garing

Activity: 854
Merit: 130

View Profile
April 28, 2021, 07:38:39 PM

For that we need to do a lot of research so that it is not in vain in holding tokens for years, it would be better if you want to hold in the long term and still choose the top altcoins because the top altcoins have lower risk than new tokens
Ozero

Activity: 2044
Merit: 180

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
April 28, 2021, 08:01:19 PM

There can be no general advice for cryptocurrency as to whether to hold it for a long time or sell it immediately upon receipt if you are a bounty hunter. It all depends on the prospects of a particular coin or token, as well as the time and state of the market.
Surely those who did not sell them in late 2017, early 2018 ended up regretting it, because by the summer of 2018, tokens had dropped in price by 90-95 percent, and some by 99 percent, and most of them did so after that and did not rise. However, now is a different time and other projects. The cryptocurrency market and its participants have become more mature, new projects have become much more interesting and prepared. However, we will have to make a specific decision ourselves.

Teknisi88

Activity: 1050
Merit: 104

View Profile
April 29, 2021, 05:45:02 PM

For that we need to do a lot of research so that it is not in vain in holding tokens for years, it would be better if you want to hold in the long term and still choose the top altcoins because the top altcoins have lower risk than new tokens
Strongly agree with your response,
considering that many new crypto users believe too much in new tokens even though the potential profit is not clearly seen in the market.
nightwishx

Activity: 900
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2021, 05:48:56 PM

Yes, right. hodl new altcoins are very risky because they do not have the factors to support the sustainability of their project in the long term. I also had some disappointments in the past because of hodl altcoins and now they are useless, so it's better to choose top coins that are affordable.

olabiyijummy02

Activity: 239
Merit: 17

View Profile
May 01, 2021, 09:14:58 PM

you ability to make profit from holding is dependent on the coins or tokens that you are holding, if you are holding a coin that has only done 50% ROI, you can't compare your ability to be profitable with someone who's coins have done 10x in roi.
So i believe that you can do better research on the projects shit you decide to invest in and also keep track of your portfolio so you'll know which ones are successful and which ones you should cut your losses on

███    TWITTER     █████████████████ MOCKTAIL ████████████████████     WHITEPAPER     ███
███       ANN                  ██████      FIRST SEMI-FUNGIBLE TOKEN ON BSC     █████    SMART CONTRACT    ███
███  TELEGRAM  █████████████████     SWAP      ███████████████████       PANCAKE      ███
chanler

Activity: 753
Merit: 15

mulierum.com

View Profile
May 01, 2021, 09:47:21 PM

holding the coins that we have is a better safe thing than we sell them at a cheap price. but there are times when the coins that we hold don't have the desired price. so it's important before holding the coins we learn to select and analyze coins that do have good prospects in the future.

M U L I E R U M       |       Next Generation Blockchain-Powered Payment Platform For Social Media
//////////////////////////////////     TOKEN SALE     //     L  I  V  E     //////////////////////////////////
[  Telegram  ]     [    Twitter    ]     [   Medium   ]     [  LinkedIn  ]     [   Discord   ]     [  YouTube  ]
Hobo66

Activity: 1344
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 01, 2021, 10:33:28 PM

My advice to all Make a game plan , For example you could choose to have half of your portfolio as a short term flip and the other half long term hold. Everyone has the same objective to make more money/ maintain current money. Follow your plan and tweak as necessary. Good luck!

Code:
                                  ██▄▄              ▄▄██
                                   █████▄        ▄█████
      ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄     █████▄      ▄█████      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▄███████████▄    █████████████▄    █████▄    ▄█████   ▄▄███████████▄    █████     █████
 █████▀▀▀▀██████   ██████▀▀▀██████    █████▄  ▄█████   ▄█████▀▀▀▀▀█████▄   █████   █████
█████  ▄▄█████▀▀   █████     █████     █████▄▄█████    █████       █████    █████ █████
██████████▀▀       █████     █████      ██████████     █████       █████     █████████
 ██████▀ ▄▄▄█▄     █████     █████       ████████      ▀█████▄▄▄▄▄█████▀      ███████
  ▀████████████    █████     █████        █████        ▀▀███████████▀         █████
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           █████
                                                                             █████
                                                                            █████
                                                                           █████
                    ▄▄▄████▄
▀████▄▄▄          ▄██████████
 ▀███████▄       ▄██████████
  ▀████████      ██████████
   █████████    ██████████▀
    █████████  ▄█████████▀
     █████████ ██████████
      ██████████████████
      ▀████████████████
       ▀█████████████▀
        ▀████████████▀
         ▀██████████▀
           ▀███████▀
martina14

Activity: 1190
Merit: 111

View Profile
May 01, 2021, 11:57:19 PM

People be like
Don't always sell all the coins and tokens you own because they can rise in future but I've hold so many coins since 2018 and only very few gives me 50$ to 70$  Grin today, isn't this laughable??

I be like
It's always wise to hold only very popular coins for future sake like the period we are in presently, not all altcoins will pump and give you a thousand dollar gain or more, if I've spent my time to gather top altcoins I would be in happy mood right now

That depends on the coins You/We hold actually, if we know the coins really has a full potentials to increase in the future, then your statement is true and correct.  And one of this example are ADA, VET, MATIC, and more something like that.  But if the coin you hold is not is not on top in the market I could say 50/50 chances.

CaVO32

Activity: 1848
Merit: 158

View Profile
May 01, 2021, 11:59:27 PM

My advice to all Make a game plan , For example you could choose to have half of your portfolio as a short term flip and the other half long term hold. Everyone has the same objective to make more money/ maintain current money. Follow your plan and tweak as necessary. Good luck!

Also, if I may add, if you decide to hold some alts other than bitcoin, you need to keep up to date with those coins. What I am trying to convey here is that, you need to follow the progress of the coin in terms of development. You can also get a hint if the dev team has active plans by checking and visiting their social media channels. If those channels are silent, doubt about the future of that alt. It may be heading to abandonment. Decide for yourself if you want to continue holding that alt or get rid of it while it has still value in the market. It is better to discard the coins while it is being traded rather than be left out with worthless coins.
Bitbtc8

Activity: 1148
Merit: 116

View Profile
May 02, 2021, 07:12:19 AM

There is always something to gain out if every decisions we make, if you want to hold make sure you choose the best coins around and also follow them for updates, don't just buy coins and forget them in your wallets, they can change smart contract, upgrade to new chain etc that will requires swapping to new coin or tokens, you can easily know if a project is going bad or not too

►           ►     enVoy            Sustainably Green Trust in Trade          ◄           ◄
►           ██  WHITEPAPER       ██  TWO PAGER       ██  TOKEN DECK           ◄
[vFacebook               [vTwitter               [vTelegram               [vMedium               [vLinkedin               [vReddit
Golftech

Activity: 2128
Merit: 520

View Profile
May 02, 2021, 08:15:26 AM

People be like
Don't always sell all the coins and tokens you own because they can rise in future but I've hold so many coins since 2018 and only very few gives me 50$ to 70$  Grin today, isn't this laughable??

I be like
It's always wise to hold only very popular coins for future sake like the period we are in presently, not all altcoins will pump and give you a thousand dollar gain or more, if I've spent my time to gather top altcoins I would be in happy mood right now

That depends on the coins You/We hold actually, if we know the coins really has a full potentials to increase in the future, then your statement is true and correct.  And one of this example are ADA, VET, MATIC, and more something like that.  But if the coin you hold is not is not on top in the market I could say 50/50 chances.

Those who hold those said coins since the beginning are now gainers with huge amounts of profits, those coins

already pumped up with many folds, you can still ride but needs to be furios as the market can bounce down and

corrections may takeover, timing is yur friend with those long term assets.
kevinzxz

Activity: 1470
Merit: 105

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh |🔥Launchpad on TON

View Profile
May 02, 2021, 08:19:40 AM

People be like

I be like

depending on the project of altcoin you invest, if you invest in an altcoin that doesn't have a product and progress, then of course the price will never increase and give you a big profit, therefore I always recommend my friends to invest in the top 100 on coinmarketcap if my friends want to invest in altcoin for the long term, because I believe by investing in the top 100 on coinmarketcap, then of course it will give us a big profit in the future.

H1N1

Activity: 812

View Profile
May 02, 2021, 12:43:29 PM

People be like

I be like

LMAO, what tokens did you hold anyway ? If you held top tokens/coins from 2018, you would already have much profit now.
But there is always uncertainty in cryptocurrency. As long as you believe in the project, just buy their coin/token when it still cheap because we won't know if they become a great project few years later.

Xcode7

Activity: 1120
Merit: 414

View Profile
May 02, 2021, 02:31:18 PM

yes it is. In terms of investing, we must be able to choose tokens that have good profits in the future. the best recommendation is indeed the top coin, because it has a low risk. if you want to buy a new altcoin we have to find out about these coins.
because the word futile was coined when we had no knowledge and no curiosity about the new coin.
If you force it, for example, someone is already lured into a new coin that has been pumped and in a short time the new coin is dumped again, and that's where the word futile is created.

Duelbits
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
///  PLAY FOR FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
PLAY NOW
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
SeaSoul

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 02, 2021, 03:37:55 PM

People be like

I be like

Those who hold those said coins since the beginning are now gainers with huge amounts of profits, those coins

already pumped up with many folds, you can still ride but needs to be furios as the market can bounce down and

corrections may takeover, timing is yur friend with those long term assets.

If you are already up like 1000% and you still don't realize that it could go down a bit from there, then what is the point where you would finally realize ok, I should better  sell. Cheesy
amihada

Activity: 1134

View Profile
May 02, 2021, 03:49:54 PM

People be like

I be like
friends, you keep trash, not gold, this is the biggest mistake before saving in the long run, pay attention to the coins you store, whether they are worth keeping in the long term or not, I can see you just keep and you forget now that you open your wallet and see that there is no gold in it. just trash.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: