I’m pretty sure it will all end with just financial sanctions - possibly £100–200 million.
There is no chance they will be stripped of past titles or relegated to the Championship. Underlying all this drama are political factors and the significant loss of broadcasting revenue that would occur if Man City were to leave the Premier League.
I don't think that they will lose the titles but I also think that it won't be just financial. I can see them being hit with a huge points deduction which would basically keep them out of Europe.
They can probably hit them with successive 30-point deduction seasons, in which all of their top players would leave and they'd have to rebuild fully, this time according to FFP.
I also think this will annoy their owners, so I would not be at all surprised if they just sell the players and abandon ship - leaving City without money to compete further.
For me, this is all one big shit show, where everyone looses. If they strip City of titles, City loses, PL looses and the other clubs that get that titles weren't able to celebrate them properly. If it is relegation or big points deduction, Arsenal is already champion and PL looses a lot of its appeal. If it is just financial fine and transfer ban, that isn't a problem for City at all since they gained much more.
FFP should work in a way that clubs get punished closer to the moment they violate it. Heck these transgressions were in the period from 2009 to 2018. It has been almost 10 years since last charge. Does it really have to be that slow?
Yep, fully agree. We all knew about this, how is it possible that it takes so long for it to be processed?