Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 07:16:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Blank Poll

Pages: « 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] LeaseRig.net Rent & Hire Scrypt(Jane/Nfactor)/SHA3/SHA256/X11 HashPower!  (Read 125773 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Accordus

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 11:09:08 PM

LeaseRig.net - rig down (critical) emails simply mean the customer pool is down?

Every time I get one, the rig is fine and LRP is still connected - customer pool went dead is all...

Is this a bug or should the email say "FYI - Customer's Pools Dead"

I have no other reports of pools causing rig down emails.   That email should only show up if the api-connect poller times out on your rig, or if the lrp connection is dropped for a period of time.

I think I reported the same issue with Ticket #822.

That was with no working pools.  If you use LRP (WHY DO YOU USE LRP) and there are no working pools, the miner should be considered critical down.
If you are rented and your renter specifies a nonworking pool the mining process should be considered critical down and the warning should be reported to the one having access to pool setup at the given time.
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2014, 12:01:04 AM

The proxy systems used by competitors are slammed repeatedly for the nasty code they use and the tricky methods implemented in order to make their systems work.   

Besides, we are already doing a private beta of both of our remote stratum proxies. 

As for fixing LRP, there are new developers working on it.  But it's always going to be less desirable than API Connect.

Whatever politically-incorrect "hacks" other rental sites are doing they work with hardware that LR doesn't. You might be losing some business due to that, while you could turn it into a competitive advantage by offering multiple connection options.

Good to hear you are working on it.
miaviator (OP)
Donator

Activity: 686
Merit: 519

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2014, 05:11:07 PM

The proxy systems used by competitors are slammed repeatedly for the nasty code they use and the tricky methods implemented in order to make their systems work.   

Besides, we are already doing a private beta of both of our remote stratum proxies. 

As for fixing LRP, there are new developers working on it.  But it's always going to be less desirable than API Connect.

Whatever politically-incorrect "hacks" other rental sites are doing they work with hardware that LR doesn't. You might be losing some business due to that, while you could turn it into a competitive advantage by offering multiple connection options.

Nice propaganda.   No has ever found a miner that didn't work with leaserig.   But keep spreading the lies.  We don't mind.

suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2014, 05:48:38 PM

Nice propaganda.   No has ever found a miner that didn't work with leaserig.   But keep spreading the lies.  We don't mind.

This is uncalled for. All I said keep the options open and improve LRP instead of dismissing it.

SilverFish SF28. Direct connect not possible, no API for LRP to read its speed, and without it LRP reports 10-20% below actual. Works at full speed on BetaRigs.

There are others but since you don't seem to be too interested that's fine. I'll work around it.

miaviator (OP)
Donator

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2014, 09:30:02 PM

As for fixing LRP, there are new developers working on it.  But it's always going to be less desirable than API Connect.

Nice propaganda.   No has ever found a miner that didn't work with leaserig.   But keep spreading the lies.  We don't mind.

This is uncalled for. All I said keep the options open and improve LRP instead of dismissing it.

SilverFish SF28. Direct connect not possible, no API for LRP to read its speed, and without it LRP reports 10-20% below actual. Works at full speed on BetaRigs.

There are others but since you don't seem to be too interested that's fine. I'll work around it.

I'll make a SilverFish work, you want me to buy one or make yours work?  Also, what's with the anger?   

suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2014, 11:12:18 PM

As for fixing LRP, there are new developers working on it.  But it's always going to be less desirable than API Connect.

Nice propaganda.   No has ever found a miner that didn't work with leaserig.   But keep spreading the lies.  We don't mind.

I'll make a SilverFish work, you want me to buy one or make yours work?  Also, what's with the anger?   

Huh? Me? Anger?  Grin

You might have confused me with somebody. I'm a staunch supporter of LeaseRig and have put a lot of effort into making things work with it, so I don't think that me expressing a preference for alternatives to direct connect qualifies as "anger". Maybe I should add more silly faces to my posts.  Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Cool Tongue
ebliever
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1035

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 01:31:25 AM

Huh? Me? Anger?  Grin

You might have confused me with somebody. I'm a staunch supporter of LeaseRig and have put a lot of effort into making things work with it, so I don't think that me expressing a preference for alternatives to direct connect qualifies as "anger". Maybe I should add more silly faces to my posts.  Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Cool Tongue

+1 on that. Miaviator, I don't think I've ever said "THANKS!" for all the work you and your team do, to keep Leaserigs running so well for providers and renters alike. I'm glad to be a provider on Leaserig and hope I can continue to do so for a long time to come. Well, at least a long time by crypto standards. ;-)

Luke 12:15-21

Ephesians 2:8-9
Accordus

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 08:28:04 AM

This is a good base for the anger in the response:
"Nice propaganda.   No has ever found a miner that didn't work with leaserig.   But keep spreading the lies.  We don't mind."
Research on user name before writing. You should've guessed suchmoon was not talking without proof.
I defend him on this.

Also, I have a feeling of Middlecoin-ish smell in here. Rather strange feeling, but really similar to the final days when owner was available there. (He is gone for months now.)
hutnik

Activity: 95

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 09:07:10 AM

I have a feeling of Middlecoin-ish smell in here. Rather strange feeling, but really similar to the final days when owner was available there. (He is gone for months now.)
Join us in #leaserig on freenode. Or https://www.leaserig.net/pagex.jsp?px=irc
Most of the chatter is happening there Smiley

miaviator (OP)
Donator

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2014, 02:34:07 PM

This is a good base for the anger in the response:
"Nice propaganda.   No has ever found a miner that didn't work with leaserig.   But keep spreading the lies.  We don't mind."
Research on user name before writing. You should've guessed suchmoon was not talking without proof.
I defend him on this.

Also, I have a feeling of Middlecoin-ish smell in here. Rather strange feeling, but really similar to the final days when owner was available there. (He is gone for months now.)

Does sound a bit dickish when you put the em's in there.  Apologies suchmoon. 

I know nothing of how middlecoin smells.  Nor do I have any idea what you are talking about. 

LR is expanding to include a lot more providers and customers in our design and features and support moving forward.  As we are a community engine (and pretty much a non-profit) we appreciate and listen to our providers and customers.

I personally do remote setups a few times a day for providers for all sorts of mining equipment.  Some of them I just get a pi or a pc and have to do the entire install from scratch, or rebuild images from scratch to gain access and install API's.  This is why I say I haven't met an incompatible miner. 

Keep in mind that I still have DC's full of hosted miners via Unicorn Hasher and LeaseRig is the frontend for those customers.   There is a lot riding on keeping LR running for me above and beyond LR itself.

Accordus

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 07:16:09 PM

I know nothing of how middlecoin smells.  Nor do I have any idea what you are talking about.  

LR is expanding to include a lot more providers and customers in our design and features and support moving forward.  As we are a community engine (and pretty much a non-profit) we appreciate and listen to our providers and customers.

I personally do remote setups a few times a day for providers for all sorts of mining equipment.  Some of them I just get a pi or a pc and have to do the entire install from scratch, or rebuild images from scratch to gain access and install API's.  This is why I say I haven't met an incompatible miner.  

Keep in mind that I still have DC's full of hosted miners via Unicorn Hasher and LeaseRig is the frontend for those customers.   There is a lot riding on keeping LR running for me above and beyond LR itself.

About the smell:
Very low rate of rented/idle rigs compared to competition.
Outdated pricing structure still a possibility while both competition sites use clear "per hour" system.
         --- Price comparison is extremely hard for customers. Need to click on every rig to gather speed/reliability/available hours/price(/...) data and make a wise decision. Competition is straightforward.  This is prone to mistakes and hence unsatisfied customers.
         --- You could have added a big red flag to emphasize rigs with linear pricing so all non-idiot providers would have switched to that in no more than two weeks. Then you would be able to stand the fight with competition. I am confident to say this pricing issue made LR loosing its once leading market position.

New algos get listed late. I guess this walks hand in hand with the low number of rents done. So back to above topic.

Bootstrap, UIkit or whatever and LR would have looked like a 21st century site. (I know you inherited this design.)

"The Card Card System is still in BETA". This would have been the ultimate killer feature on the market. Easy to advertise. A Unique selling point for LR. Amazing stuff. But where is it?

Self listing of rigs. Again, competition is far ahead with this.

The list goes on with less important issues...

Do not get me wrong, I do understand you have other things to do. That is fine with me. I am about to help here with my opinion, not to criticize you.
But until then I am forced to sell my rig on competition sites.
BakSAj

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 07:45:23 PM

I still like LR for providing some nice features like auto-cancel, DOGE/LTC payments or actual speed reports. Card-payments would be nice, but my priority is LR fixes behind-NAT solution.
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2014, 07:53:25 PM

I actually like the tiered pricing because it allows me to discount long term leases, and I do want to discount them due to lower overhead and the possibility of locking-in a good price in downtrending market. I agree though that for the renter it needs to be easier to choose.
ebliever
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1035

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 08:13:49 PM

About the smell:
Very low rate of rented/idle rigs compared to competition.
Outdated pricing structure still a possibility while both competition sites use clear "per hour" system.
         --- Price comparison is extremely hard for customers. Need to click on every rig to gather speed/reliability/available hours/price(/...) data and make a wise decision. Competition is straightforward.  This is prone to mistakes and hence unsatisfied customers.
         --- You could have added a big red flag to emphasize rigs with linear pricing so all non-idiot providers would have switched to that in no more than two weeks. Then you would be able to stand the fight with competition. I am confident to say this pricing issue made LR loosing its once leading market position.

New algos get listed late. I guess this walks hand in hand with the low number of rents done. So back to above topic.

Bootstrap, UIkit or whatever and LR would have looked like a 21st century site. (I know you inherited this design.)

"The Card Card System is still in BETA". This would have been the ultimate killer feature on the market. Easy to advertise. A Unique selling point for LR. Amazing stuff. But where is it?

Self listing of rigs. Again, competition is far ahead with this.

The list goes on with less important issues...

Do not get me wrong, I do understand you have other things to do. That is fine with me. I am about to help here with my opinion, not to criticize you.
But until then I am forced to sell my rig on competition sites.

What? You can use filters to compare all the rigs on an algorithm for whatever timeframe you want. I checked out Betarigs yesterday and it looks like they have to list price rates in quantized steps (i.e., you could price your rig at .0005 BTC/Mh/hr or .0006, but apparently not .00055 which is ridiculous).

Likewise I've been paying attention to rental rates; they come in surges, on each algorithm, but when I check other rig rental sites they appear no better.

What's so great about FORCING flat pricing on customer and providers alike? Why not let people make a free decision themselves whether to adopt flat pricing, or rent from a provider accordingly? Right now we have flexibility. You want to take that away and imagine that is somehow a plus?

Miaviator has been very quick to add algorithms as providers have requested them.

Luke 12:15-21

Ephesians 2:8-9
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2014, 08:26:05 PM

What? You can use filters to compare all the rigs on an algorithm for whatever timeframe you want. I checked out Betarigs yesterday and it looks like they have to list price rates in quantized steps (i.e., you could price your rig at .0005 BTC/Mh/hr or .0006, but apparently not .00055 which is ridiculous).

Likewise I've been paying attention to rental rates; they come in surges, on each algorithm, but when I check other rig rental sites they appear no better.

What's so great about FORCING flat pricing on customer and providers alike? Why not let people make a free decision themselves whether to adopt flat pricing, or rent from a provider accordingly? Right now we have flexibility. You want to take that away and imagine that is somehow a plus?

Miaviator has been very quick to add algorithms as providers have requested them.

Betarigs allows to enter pricing at smaller fractions and sorts the rigs correctly, it's just rounded when displayed. Makes it a bit trickier to undercut everyone by a satoshi, but still can be done Smiley

I can't speak for Accordus, but I'd like to see a combination of tiered pricing AND the ability for the renter to choose an arbitrary number of hours. E.g. I would like to specify that I rent for min 1 hours at price X, max 720 hours at price Y (where Y would be lower than X, i.e. a discount) and LeaseRig could figure out the rest. MRR allows any number of hours but no discounts, Betarigs doesn't have either, so this could be LeaseRig advantage.
Accordus

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 09:01:40 PM

Betarigs allows to enter pricing at smaller fractions and sorts the rigs correctly, it's just rounded when displayed. Makes it a bit trickier to undercut everyone by a satoshi, but still can be done Smiley

I can't speak for Accordus, but I'd like to see a combination of tiered pricing AND the ability for the renter to choose an arbitrary number of hours. E.g. I would like to specify that I rent for min 1 hours at price X, max 720 hours at price Y (where Y would be lower than X, i.e. a discount) and LeaseRig could figure out the rest. MRR allows any number of hours but no discounts, Betarigs doesn't have either, so this could be LeaseRig advantage.

Possibility is a must at the same time.
Manual transmission makes it possible to change the gears according to your wish when driving. But it is also a must to do so.
Automatic transmission spares you from all the bloody calculation of speed/desired acceleration/fuel economy thing.

Similarly if you let providers to set tiered pricing (as a habit) it becomes a must for customers to cut through all the jungle of data with the help of filters and clicking trough Hire buttons because of the lack of "Open link in new tab" option.

I guess most of the customers (renters) have some very simple number in their head when coming for renting a rig. This number is derived from whatever calculation regarding the given shitcoin (thanks suchmoon to say this before me...) and they try to compare that number to available prices on LR. Try this as a test:
You want to hire a rig for a coin that is producing 0.02 BTC when a 27.5 MHs rig is mining it (this is what you've heard on a lovely forum thread). You know your budget and you also want to make profit.
Chose your best option on LR, MRR and BR. Clear winner is MRR. (BR has this extra fun with the stupid rounding).
On MRR you can actually find out how long you have to be waiting for a cheap rig to finish with its last customer and to become available for you to rent. This is again something LR can not do because you can not see pricing of rented rigs.

tl;dr>
I think mining is pretty much about profit calculation and MRR helps people to super-quickly react on market. BR is OK with some issues. LR has a sense of oldish understanding of mining where miners rent rigs to help some coin community by burning up their pocket money to hodl some shitcoin.
My feeling is that those times are gone. But profit mining and super-quick reaction times are in. (See on-the-fly algo switching sgminer developed by NiceHash.)
miaviator (OP)
Donator

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2014, 12:10:01 AM

It's going to take a few days to draw those above posts into a task list and get them implemented.

miaviator (OP)
Donator

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2014, 12:26:23 AM

And as for frontend/ui design.  Name a price or submit the code.

Accordus

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 06:47:30 AM

And as for frontend/ui design.  Name a price or submit the code.

Hmmm, I wish I could do that. I am a marketing/sales person with some roots in engineering. Unfortunately I do not have enough practice in doing the actual web design itself.
martinyin

Activity: 512
Merit: 500

★YoBit.Net★ 1400+ Coins Exchange

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 02:10:49 PM

hi Admin,

why i can just rent the rig for only one hour every time?

Am I spamming? Report me!
Pages: « 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 »
  Print  

Jump to: