Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:30:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Blank Poll

Pages: « 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 74 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] LeaseRig.net Rent & Hire Scrypt(Jane/Nfactor)/SHA3/SHA256/X11 HashPower!  (Read 125769 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
ebliever
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1035

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 04:15:27 PM

Is there an information page or something that explains what LR3 is and how to make use of it from both a customer and provider perspective? Is it only on Scrypt? I've seen it mentioned here repeatedly but only have a vague idea what it is, and the News page just mentions it is a way to pay by accepted share rather than hashrate, IIRC. I don't see anything in the support pages either.

Edit: OK, guess I'll check that out... beat my post by 11 seconds!

Luke 12:15-21

Ephesians 2:8-9

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ebliever
Legendary

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 05:57:49 PM

With my cost of electricity and the latest stats at Poolpicker I'm no longer profitable except when leased out. I'm pondering how it might be possible to set my rig in a "standby mode" when not leased, without hurting the Stability rating or speeed statistics. (i.e., Have the computer turned on and ready to mine, but not actually mine off-lease, so it is only drawing ~150 watts instead of the 1200 watts when mining.) Anyone have any good ideas how to do this?

I can't set the system to Disabled on leaserig, obviously. I could set a fake pool as my primary and backup pools in my account. But then I think the Leaserig page will show it as hashing at 0 Mhash, which would turn off any would-be renters obviously. I'm guessing Stability would tank too. Now that I think of it, CGWatcher would have my rig endlessly restarting in this scenario as well.

I could list other ideas that won't work, but does anyone see a solution for this? I imagine most GPU miners now are mining at a loss given the stats at Poolpicker, if they bother to do the math.

miaviator (OP)
Donator

Activity: 686
Merit: 519

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2014, 04:31:24 PM

With my cost of electricity and the latest stats at Poolpicker I'm no longer profitable except when leased out. I'm pondering how it might be possible to set my rig in a "standby mode" when not leased, without hurting the Stability rating or speeed statistics. (i.e., Have the computer turned on and ready to mine, but not actually mine off-lease, so it is only drawing ~150 watts instead of the 1200 watts when mining.) Anyone have any good ideas how to do this?

I can't set the system to Disabled on leaserig, obviously. I could set a fake pool as my primary and backup pools in my account. But then I think the Leaserig page will show it as hashing at 0 Mhash, which would turn off any would-be renters obviously. I'm guessing Stability would tank too. Now that I think of it, CGWatcher would have my rig endlessly restarting in this scenario as well.

I could list other ideas that won't work, but does anyone see a solution for this? I imagine most GPU miners now are mining at a loss given the stats at Poolpicker, if they bother to do the math.

Actually ebliever, I think we can work with Bill over on the chat page and make this happen!

ebliever
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 05:33:42 PM

Actually ebliever, I think we can work with Bill over on the chat page and make this happen!

I have to mull this over a bit more. It seems to me that the problem may be intractable on my end given that I want CGWatcher to react pretty aggressively to drops in hashrate (from sick GPUs or similar) when mining. So having the mining software running and connected to LR to be able to pick up a lease, but not actually mining, will just cause CGWatcher to keep restarting the miner and rebooting the system in endless cycles.

miaviator (OP)
Donator

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2014, 08:28:52 PM

I have to mull this over a bit more. It seems to me that the problem may be intractable on my end given that I want CGWatcher to react pretty aggressively to drops in hashrate (from sick GPUs or similar) when mining. So having the mining software running and connected to LR to be able to pick up a lease, but not actually mining, will just cause CGWatcher to keep restarting the miner and rebooting the system in endless cycles.

OK.  But I think we can build a solution which fits all that.

BakSAj

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 05:49:31 PM

hi, need help Smiley
i have A2 terminator and im using LRP protocol for renting
i would like to mine on blackcoinpool or nicehashpool (scrypt), but LR says, that both pools are dead
but if i set up these pools directly to A2 it works normally
any idea?

thanks

I can confirm Nicehash will not work will LRP. Switch to LR3 or direct API.
kingscrown

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

http://fuk.io - check it out!

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2014, 02:48:57 AM

loving this service

ebliever
Legendary

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 03:28:00 PM

I keep getting the same message alert sent by email every MINUTE during the last two leases (sample below). The renter is able to put a pool in and it seems to work OK, so I'm not sure what the problem is. Any idea?

This may have started after I tried installing a new miner on my rig, but it didn't offer an improvement so I dropped back to my prior miner. (They were in separate folders so nothing was overwritten; it was just a matter of switching profiles back in CGWatcher.) I don't see how that could affect anything since I was just reverting to exactly what I had before my brief trial.

Your mining rig Strongminer (X15 15.75 MH/s) may be misconfigured!
Manual adjustment is potentially required!

Root Cause for this message:
Failed to add pool. (112)
Failed to switch to customer pool. (137).
Unable to remove pool! (157)

Thank you for using LeaseRig,

LeaseRig.net LLC
admin@leaserig.net
Support: http://leaserig.freshdesk.com

ryukamiho

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 11:32:59 PM

Since i am very new to all this.

Why pay for example 0.001 for a rent if at the end you got 0.0005 mined?

What i am missing that is the purpose of renting if nobody would rent for less they would gain mining for themselves.

DISCIPLINA — The First Blockchain For HR & Education
From core developers of Cardano, PoS minting, unique Web Of Trust & Privacy algorithms. Be the first, join us!
  WEBSITE  TELEGRAM  ANN  BOUNTY  LINKEDIN  WHITEPAPER  Referral Program 5%
ebliever
Legendary

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 12:36:28 AM

Since i am very new to all this.

Why pay for example 0.001 for a rent if at the end you got 0.0005 mined?

What i am missing that is the purpose of renting if nobody would rent for less they would gain mining for themselves.

Obviously no one is going to just throw money away. But there are a variety of reasons people rent rigs:

1. They have (or think they have) a hot tip on the Next Big Thing in crypto and want to mine it before it spikes up in value.
2. Devs who want to amass a lot of hashpower for a coin launch or other purposes.
3. People who just want to try mining out of curiousity, without the expense/trouble of owning a rig. (Not to mention journalists, university researchers/grad students doing projects/research, and so on.)
4. People reacting to ninja launches who want to mine a coin heavily, early on.

And so forth. I don't really know why most people who have rented from me have done so, but many times I've noticed someone mining a coin and then days or weeks later it shoots up in value. In some cases it is clear from their email address that it was the coin dev himself.  Other times people rather pointlessly mine at a multipool where I know perfectly well they are earning less than they paid me. (One person gave me bad marks in the LR rating system because they didn't make as much mining at a multipool as they paid, as if that is my fault.)

Flep182
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 07:42:56 PM

Haven't checked in for a while. I've got the problem that I can't access my router and therefor can't open/forward ports.

I've looked at LRP but is there a version already that I can run from the RPi the miners are connected to too?
I've got them pointed at MRR now and that works well but payouts are much better here Smiley
miaviator (OP)
Donator

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2014, 10:56:04 PM

Haven't checked in for a while. I've got the problem that I can't access my router and therefor can't open/forward ports.

I've looked at LRP but is there a version already that I can run from the RPi the miners are connected to too?
I've got them pointed at MRR now and that works well but payouts are much better here Smiley

We released LR3 a while back.

Everything is DIY now.  As long as you use updated mining software.

Bitdonator
Legendary

Activity: 1223
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 02:48:27 PM

Can anybody write short tutorial how to solo mine with LeaseRig ?
swordfish6975

Activity: 721
Merit: 523

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2014, 09:53:24 PM

im having trouble (as a provider) canceling and refunding a lease - when i click on the customer nothing happens

Ticket no 1530

Thanks

>>>>  Physical Bitcoin And Altcoin Price Ticker Screen - http://afkdata.com <<<<

http://cryptofolio.info  - google finance of cryptos
miaviator (OP)
Donator

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2014, 02:08:15 PM

Can anybody write short tutorial how to solo mine with LeaseRig ?

I'd like this as well Smiley

miaviator (OP)
Donator

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2014, 02:08:59 PM

im having trouble (as a provider) canceling and refunding a lease - when i click on the customer nothing happens

Ticket no 1530

Thanks

Provider cancellations have not yet been implemented.

swordfish6975

Activity: 721
Merit: 523

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2014, 09:10:37 PM

Ticket no 1530

Thanks

Provider cancellations have not yet been implemented.

ah ok, i got it sorted anyway just let the remaining 3h run through then i asked the customer for BTC address and withdrew the refund amount in to it.

>>>>  Physical Bitcoin And Altcoin Price Ticker Screen - http://afkdata.com <<<<

http://cryptofolio.info  - google finance of cryptos
nst6563

Activity: 252
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 02:30:02 AM

I'm having an issue getting the leaserig proxy to run...hopefully someone can point out what I'm doing wrong... (I'm only using it for Antminers)

Works ok on windows....I just see a ton of  "Connection to LeaseRig.net dropped!" messages but otherwise seems to work ok.

Ideally I'd like to run the leaserig proxy on the AntminerS3 itself and have it run automatically at boot.
When I try to run leaserigproxy_linux myID 4028 I always get a
Code:
/bin/leaserigproxy_linux: line 1: syntax error: unexpected word (expecting ")")

What am I missing? 
beitris.dwlul

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 03:45:33 AM

leased some X11 hashes for EXCL. works perfect

nst6563

Activity: 252
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 09:31:41 PM

I'm having an issue getting the leaserig proxy to run...hopefully someone can point out what I'm doing wrong... (I'm only using it for Antminers)

Works ok on windows....I just see a ton of  "Connection to LeaseRig.net dropped!" messages but otherwise seems to work ok.

Ideally I'd like to run the leaserig proxy on the AntminerS3 itself and have it run automatically at boot.
When I try to run leaserigproxy_linux myID 4028 I always get a
Code:
/bin/leaserigproxy_linux: line 1: syntax error: unexpected word (expecting ")")

What am I missing? 

Finally got the S3 to work via Direct connect....so no need for the LRP.
Pages: « 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 74 »
  Print  

Jump to: