Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:26:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Will you be participating in the 100 push-ups a day until Bitcoin is $100K challenge?
Hell yes! - 34 (38.2%)
I'll give it a shot. - 32 (36%)
Not a chance. - 15 (16.9%)
Bitcoin will never hit $100K! - 8 (9%)
Total Voters: 89

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 100 Push-Ups A Day Until Bitcoin Is $100K Challenge  (Read 10435 times)
Zackz5000

Activity: 84
Merit: 44

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
March 21, 2024, 09:59:41 PM

I was able to hit a total 206 push-up today still ready to continue tomorrow, am very excited to see how this push-up challenge has been able to transform my body though is not very easy making this push-up exercise as a regular routine but self determination and encouragement and also the believe that Bitcoin will hit $100k and above energized me to do more and never relent in this challenge for this push-up exercise has really helped me to increase the rate of my fitness and also the healthy lifestyle which am enjoying now through this push-up challenge.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
I_Anime

Activity: 378
Merit: 157

View Profile
March 21, 2024, 10:42:21 PM

It has been a while, to be honest my pushups routine as slow down during the past days . I have not being frequent with my pushups due to some health issues, so I just decided to suspend myself from posting in this thread for a while because I wasn't keeping up to the challenge properly due to it. Because there's no solid proof to show that one is actually doing their pushups, because most people are just here to emphasize on their pushups but dip down they haven't done any , but I don't wanna be such that I just decided to stop postin here for a while, but am thinking of starting back soon with my pushups may not start hitting 100 pushups once . But gradually I will bounce back because I know what have benefited from this challenge. So those that are doing we should keep it up and I will advice if your body feeling off you can have some break to avoid any form of breaking down, op mentioned something related to  that back then.

JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10214

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
March 22, 2024, 01:09:12 AM

It has been a while, to be honest my pushups routine as slow down during the past days . I have not being frequent with my pushups due to some health issues, so I just decided to suspend myself from posting in this thread for a while because I wasn't keeping up to the challenge properly due to it. Because there's no solid proof to show that one is actually doing their pushups, because most people are just here to emphasize on their pushups but dip down they haven't done any , but I don't wanna be such that I just decided to stop postin here for a while, but am thinking of starting back soon with my pushups may not start hitting 100 pushups once . But gradually I will bounce back because I know what have benefited from this challenge. So those that are doing we should keep it up and I will advice if your body feeling off you can have some break to avoid any form of breaking down, op mentioned something related to  that back then.

Of course, guys can do whatever they like.

If they feel like they need a break in their pushups, then they can do that.

I personally believe that since I started this, I am not going to take any breaks, even if I might reduce the number of pushups in any given day.. and that is part of the reason that I am keeping track of my daily average as well as the number of pushups that I do each set - that gives the daily totals.. also the time that I did the pushups and the BTC price at the time that I logged the first set of the day.

This has gotten into my daily practice, and if I were to take a pushup break, then it would be fewer pushups rather than completely skipping - especially since I have not injured myself so far, and I am still improving  - though I am a bit afraid of myself  in terms of still being happy if I were to reduce the quantity of pushups per day.. because as I mentioned earlier, as soon as I go to do the pushups, I end up doing more than I thought that I would do based on my own lack of tiredness once I get started, even though the pushups continue to hurt.. .

So it might be easier for me to reduce the number of sets per day rather than the number of pushups in the set, but either way, 100 in a day would seem like a reduction if I were to ONLY do 100.. since my average is now 146 per day after 46 days..and the average is still going up... which is the part that I am having trouble with and it is causing some pressures on me to feel like I need to do at least the average so that it continues to go up,

and there is no need for you to believe what I say that I am doing or not... and guys might try to prove what they are doing or not. 

I am generally taking the word of members that they doing the number and/or kind of pushups that they say that they are doing.. and for sure, actual proof of work would not necessarily be verified.. I am not going to try to verify because I doubt that it is important, except to the person in regards to if they are actually doing what they say that they are doing.. yet I am still not going to presume that guys are just making shit up.. even though there might be some members here who are not actually doing what they say they are doing.. but who is hurt by that?.. I doubt that I am personally disadvantaged by believing or disbelieving that guys are doing pushups or not. .. and in the end, I am thinking for myself regarding my pushups and other aspects of my health since this is something that is related to health as well, and maybe I am the ONLY one who I can verify for myself that I am doing what I say that I am doing..and  whether I am going to lie to myself or make shit up for you guys, that is up to you to figure out and figure out if it even matters.. .. ..

Perhaps over the years, some of us have come to trust that some members in this forum are more trustworthy than others, and maybe we believe them on some things, but we might not believe them on other things, but with some of the ongoing representations and interactions we get some senses whether they are making shit up or not.. and even if they might change the numbers of BTC in their stash for OPsec purposes or they might even change some aspects about themselves for OPsec purposes too.. and just like it is up to each of us to figure out how many BTC we are going to buy, if any, it is also up to each of us to figure out how many push-ups we are going to do, if any... and also if we are going to report what we did or if we are going to make shit up...

Maybe with my pushup report, I am just doubling the quantity that I report, so that you guys believe that I am really great at pushups, so my average is ONLY 73 rather than 146.. That could be. And does it matter?   It matters to me... but does it matter to anyone else?  I am still going to report how I have been reporting, and you can take it with a grain of salt, to the extent that it even matters to suggest that some guys are exaggerating their pushup participation.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Tmoonz

Activity: 154
Merit: 104

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
March 22, 2024, 03:18:16 AM

It was a shocken experience that I had today, I wasn't expecting it because I have been long down doing push ups for quite some time now, the experience I had was that while I was actually doing my morning routine of push ups a friend Walk up to me and introduce a more reliable way of doing push-ups that will be challenging enough to booster muscle enlargement, which is to sustain and become more slower in your pushups, I gave it a try and all my body system changed instantly and vibrating like it was my first time such that am even  managing to type right now hence I see the need of prioritizing a more quality push ups than quantity if actually any one will want to experience muscles enlargement, the 100 pushups challenge can be done in different pacing, sessions and sets while striving to achieve it. Am very certain that if I could continue with this new method introduced to me by my friend trust me my muscles can never remain the same.

I am still focused on quantity over quality, and it remains my view that my quality is also improving with the mere fact that I am doing the pushups every day and 5 sets per day. 

I am less sore, more push-ups per set, get through the push ups faster and with less pain, less rest time between sets and perhaps some other noticeable improvements.  I am probably around 1 second per pushup, and there still might be some point that I am willing to slow down and reduce my quantity by 1/2 or 2/3 or even more, just to start to focus on something else, but right now I am still increasing my quantity per day.. and my last three sets were 50, 45, 50.. .. so that is more than I had been able to do in the past, and so I have two more sessions for today.. ..and so it could end up going higher than my so far 205 daily maximum... which I feel really go about that, since my first several days I could not even do 100 pushups without being very sore.. .. and yeah, today I am still planning on going for a walk so sometimes other exercises can affect subsequent push-up sets.. but I still have quite a few more hours left in the day.

I think that my point is that as long as I am able to measure various kinds of pretty solid improvements, and I am not getting bored with what I am doing, then I am going to continue to push in the direction that I have been going... and at some point I might change from quantity to something else.. I still had tried some clapping pushups and truly there needs to be a lot more power in the pushups to be able to try to successfully achieve something like that.

I will suggest if you can go as slower as 2 seconds up and 2 seconds down that way you can feel more intensified and a burning sensation in your muscles, the feeling is absolutely different when doing it in a more slower way. My story about this challenge has changed ever since I started this slower method of push ups I feel more certain level of fulfilment of not giving up on push ups even after Bitcoin hitting up to $100k or more, thou I have been eaten more than usual Roll Eyes  since I began this challenge but I believe is good for muscle development, however anyone to could only figure out what will work for him in any kind of a way.

Mayor of ogba

Activity: 294
Merit: 170

View Profile
March 22, 2024, 01:20:34 PM

With less than a month to go until the halving it seems like Bitcoin is ready to make another push upwards in an attempt to get to $100K before then.  I have my fingers crossed, but am prepared to continue on with this challenge for longer than that if necessary.  It's become pretty easy for me to get through the push-ups, but my lingering elbow pain is still there and more present now that I'm doing sets of 50 every now and again.  I'm sure a couple days off would make a world of difference pain wise for me, but that's what makes it a challenge.  On days like yesterday when I'm doing a lot of manual labor it would be very easy for me to skip a day, but I'm proud to report that I have done 100 push-ups per day every day going on 49 days now. The consistency is the hard part.
In regarding about the exercise or push-ups then im not really just doing solely push-ups but also with curl-ups and with some jumping ropes on day to day until we do hit 100k.
I like your courage. This challenge has made many of us take our workouts seriously, and people like you have added another program that will help them train other parts of their bodies. I'm glad to take part in this challenge because it has made me more serious about my workout, and I'm planning to buy a 50k barbell weight that I will be using to train different parts of my body.

Kliss

Activity: 140
Merit: 14

View Profile
March 22, 2024, 03:14:03 PM

The push up challenge I joined other members in this forum has been  amazing and beneficial to me, I started with 10 push ups daily but as day goes by I increased it, now i can go 25 in the morning and 25 in the evening. The positive impact that the push ups challenge has had on me, The composition of my body has really improved, my muscles have increased, developed  chest. My performance in other sports (football) I feel flexibility, what an impact this 100 push to mark bitcoin surge has done in my life I think the push ups  will continue in my daily routine even after the challenge.
Obim34

Activity: 238
Merit: 203

View Profile
March 22, 2024, 03:47:33 PM

With less than a month to go until the halving it seems like Bitcoin is ready to make another push upwards in an attempt to get to $100K before then.  I have my fingers crossed, but am prepared to continue on with this challenge for longer than that if necessary.  It's become pretty easy for me to get through the push-ups, but my lingering elbow pain is still there and more present now that I'm doing sets of 50 every now and again.  I'm sure a couple days off would make a world of difference pain wise for me, but that's what makes it a challenge.  On days like yesterday when I'm doing a lot of manual labor it would be very easy for me to skip a day, but I'm proud to report that I have done 100 push-ups per day every day going on 49 days now. The consistency is the hard part.
In regarding about the exercise or push-ups then im not really just doing solely push-ups but also with curl-ups and with some jumping ropes on day to day until we do hit 100k.
I like your courage. This challenge has made many of us take our workouts seriously, and people like you have added another program that will help them train other parts of their bodies. I'm glad to take part in this challenge because it has made me more serious about my workout, and I'm planning to buy a 50k barbell weight that I will be using to train different parts of my body.
Having joining the challenge, I observed some changes with my posture and how free my shoulder joints can rotate freely despite the little pains. I haven't felt this good in a long time, looks like I'm getting younger while watching my investment grow so I can be more comfortable reaping from what I invested. It has really been a good one, joining this challenge has awakend just more than physical fitness but also increased my faith towards holding more portion of Bitcoin having seen how others are participating aswell.

Kwarkam

Activity: 70
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 22, 2024, 05:39:33 PM

Well, thanks to this, bitcoiners now see the need or a reason to be in shape. It goes beyond body building it's healthy and also most of us need this challenge, most of us want to, but too lazy, and purposeless , but this is a good one. Consistency can be an issue, but whenever I come to this thread, there's that spark. If you're too lazy to start up a push up day, visit this thread. Big one, Og.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
March 22, 2024, 05:45:56 PM

It was a shocken experience that I had today, I wasn't expecting it because I have been long down doing push ups for quite some time now, the experience I had was that while I was actually doing my morning routine of push ups a friend Walk up to me and introduce a more reliable way of doing push-ups that will be challenging enough to booster muscle enlargement, which is to sustain and become more slower in your pushups, I gave it a try and all my body system changed instantly and vibrating like it was my first time such that am even  managing to type right now hence I see the need of prioritizing a more quality push ups than quantity if actually any one will want to experience muscles enlargement, the 100 pushups challenge can be done in different pacing, sessions and sets while striving to achieve it. Am very certain that if I could continue with this new method introduced to me by my friend trust me my muscles can never remain the same.
I am still focused on quantity over quality, and it remains my view that my quality is also improving with the mere fact that I am doing the pushups every day and 5 sets per day. 

I am less sore, more push-ups per set, get through the push ups faster and with less pain, less rest time between sets and perhaps some other noticeable improvements.  I am probably around 1 second per pushup, and there still might be some point that I am willing to slow down and reduce my quantity by 1/2 or 2/3 or even more, just to start to focus on something else, but right now I am still increasing my quantity per day.. and my last three sets were 50, 45, 50.. .. so that is more than I had been able to do in the past, and so I have two more sessions for today.. ..and so it could end up going higher than my so far 205 daily maximum... which I feel really go about that, since my first several days I could not even do 100 pushups without being very sore.. .. and yeah, today I am still planning on going for a walk so sometimes other exercises can affect subsequent push-up sets.. but I still have quite a few more hours left in the day.

I think that my point is that as long as I am able to measure various kinds of pretty solid improvements, and I am not getting bored with what I am doing, then I am going to continue to push in the direction that I have been going... and at some point I might change from quantity to something else.. I still had tried some clapping pushups and truly there needs to be a lot more power in the pushups to be able to try to successfully achieve something like that.
I will suggest if you can go as slower as 2 seconds up and 2 seconds down that way you can feel more intensified and a burning sensation in your muscles, the feeling is absolutely different when doing it in a more slower way. My story about this challenge has changed ever since I started this slower method of push ups I feel more certain level of fulfilment of not giving up on push ups even after Bitcoin hitting up to $100k or more, thou I have been eaten more than usual Roll Eyes  since I began this challenge but I believe is good for muscle development, however anyone to could only figure out what will work for him in any kind of a way.

It seems that I already addressed this idea, more than a couple of time.  I both said that I am into quantity over quality, I gave an explanation for why I am into quantity over quality, and I also said that from time to time I am already changing my form depending on how I feel, and I also said that I might be willing to further change my form down the road upon my discretion... but you still think that I should change my form, even though I already provided several reasons why I am sticking with quantity over quality?

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
bitzizzix

Activity: 2380
Merit: 448

View Profile
March 22, 2024, 07:51:45 PM

I think it depends on your goals, because both have different benefits.
Doing push ups 2 seconds down and 2 seconds up is a slow push up, and if you focus on a slower descent in the push up by lowering it then lifting it back up slowly will keep your muscles tense. Because it will force your muscles to contract when doing push ups for 2 seconds, and the benefit is that your body will gain strength and muscle mass more quickly. Apart from that, you will also train your core muscles but will not produce a large number of push ups and maybe 10 times you will not be strong if you do it correctly.
And doing push-ups quickly doesn't just build your strength. But it also trains other areas of your fitness, and if you're a boxer or martial artist, you'll still want strength, but it's also a good idea to do quick push-ups to improve your hand speed when fighting. And this can also burn more calories, making your body look fitter.
And what you need to know, injuries that often occur due to doing push ups slowly due to force and also not being able to do them correctly can have fatal consequences.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
SAFE GAMES
WITH WITHDRAWALS
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
OgNasty (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 4732
Merit: 4239

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2024, 08:10:21 PM
Merited by DirtyKeyboard (1)

For me, this is day 50 of the challenge.  That means I have done 4920 push-ups since this challenge began and by the end of the day I will be sitting at 5,000!  I must say that I am impressed with myself for having reached this milestone, but am not ready to give up yet.  I've got my sights set for another 50 days at least and with any luck we'll be at $100,000 by then and we can all congratulate ourselves for a job well done.  I am beginning to wonder if maybe halving day can be considered a holiday for a day off break or if that is just weakness talking...

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
March 22, 2024, 09:02:42 PM

[edited out]
And what you need to know, injuries that often occur due to doing push ups slowly due to force and also not being able to do them correctly can have fatal consequences.

What do you mean by that?

Fatal consequences can come from any kinds of overstraining, so it might not matter if they are done slow or fast if a person gets to a point of overexertion then there could be fatal consequences.  But there also could be fatal consequences that come from having a sedentary lifestyle too.

You may need to explain your fatal consequences theory.

For me, this is day 50 of the challenge.  That means I have done 4920 push-ups since this challenge began and by the end of the day I will be sitting at 5,000!  I must say that I am impressed with myself for having reached this milestone, but am not ready to give up yet.  I've got my sights set for another 50 days at least and with any luck we'll be at $100,000 by then and we can all congratulate ourselves for a job well done.  I am beginning to wonder if maybe halving day can be considered a holiday for a day off break or if that is just weakness talking...

We know that we can take a break anytime that we want to, but then what would David Goggins do or say to you?

He probably would call you a pussy.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

We have not heard from anyone who claims to be female doing these push-ups.. so far, except per reports of some of the forum member participants, we have had a wife or two participating.. .. but still no participating member claiming to be female.. which maybe this is not as much of a woman's exercise.  

I am not against the idea of women doing pushups, so it would be nice to hear if there are any women in here participating in this particular challenge...or maybe substituting into some other kind of exercise that might be appealing to their own fitness preference(s).

On the internet, no one knows if you are a cat.

Of course, I am not listening or following David Goggins - yet I am NOT planning to take any days off, either - even though my push-ups continue to hurt, and even my light days are continuing to bring up my daily average...so far I have had ONLY one day that failed to bring up my daily average.. which is my own system that might be creating requirements that are unnecessarily high.

Only one more set left for today.. so four sets completed.. and ONLY 1 set remaining.

bitzizzix

Activity: 2380
Merit: 448

View Profile
March 22, 2024, 09:23:33 PM

[edited out]

Fatal consequences can come from any kinds of overstraining, so it might not matter if they are done slow or fast if a person gets to a point of overexertion then there could be fatal consequences.  But there also could be fatal consequences that come from having a sedentary lifestyle too.

Maybe I'm too enthusiastic and what I specifically mean is people who are used to doing push ups and of course move a lot because of exercise, I'm just saying according to the facts and also from my trainer because in the past I was also diligent in doing sports such as the gym, soccer, push up and several others. And both are good and you should also do it according to your ability, and also don't force it if you feel tired or feel weak in the muscles.

And when compared to Bitcoin investment, slow movements can only produce small amounts because they run out of energy, and if the movements are fast we can generate large amounts and have a good impact on the amount of money that will be invested in Bitcoin. And the results would be different if the price had reached $100K in terms of profits.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
SAFE GAMES
WITH WITHDRAWALS
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
I_Anime

Activity: 378
Merit: 157

View Profile
March 22, 2024, 09:32:25 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

It seems that I already addressed this idea, more than a couple of time.  I both said that I am into quantity over quality, I gave an explanation for why I am into quantity over quality, and I also said that from time to time I am already changing my form depending on how I feel, and I also said that I might be willing to further change my form down the road upon my discretion... but you still think that I should change my form, even though I already provided several reasons why I am sticking with quantity over quality?
I also prefer quantity to quality, I don't really know about others but to me I still think quantity is the best expecially when it comes to this challenge. Anytime I try some quality pushups I always get my self worn-out so easily ,  and most time I endup not completing my daily pushups, though it may be more effective making it more complex. But when it comes to hitting my regular pushups without adding any complexity I always coverup alot quantities, and same time making it less challenging in completing daily my pushups . And as long you are frequent with it your pushups would keep up being effective.

Sir JJG I've considered what you said concerning "it is better to do fewer pushups than completely skipping", I try doing some pushups and I found it more challenging than when I was constantly doing it . Because back then when I was constant with my pushups as time goes it was getting more easier for me anytime I go into hitting my daily pushups. I will start making use of what you said if I found body ain't functioning well due to stress and all that for I would reduce my pushups count than to completely skip.

For me, this is day 50 of the challenge.  That means I have done 4920 push-ups since this challenge began and by the end of the day I will be sitting at 5,000!  I must say that I am impressed with myself for having reached this milestone, but am not ready to give up yet.  I've got my sights set for another 50 days at least and with any luck we'll be at $100,000 by then and we can all congratulate ourselves for a job well done.  I am beginning to wonder if maybe halving day can be considered a holiday for a day off break or if that is just weakness talking...
this is indeed splendid, that actually a great number of pushups, lol you guys are definitely going to be among the factors that going to pump bitcoin to the price range of $100k .  Grin

Onyeeze

Activity: 504
Merit: 154

View Profile
March 22, 2024, 09:45:33 PM

This may seem related to bitcoin speculation but it is not bitcoin speculation at all. We are not speculation on bitcoin price but to know if someone can know if he or she can go up to 100 push ups before bitcoin hit six digits. This belongs to off-topic.
This speculation or bitcoin price is something not having room in around since the existence of Bitcoin that is why many people don't know exactly water believe in Bitcoin speculation and bitcoin price it is obvious that Bitcoin is something that I know quite well by the price rise up and also for the same time so when looking at it the price have not day balance, So I understand that the price is something that is not constant and the way he said that the price we go higher today it is your own personal decision and the personal assumption in cryptocurrency especially Bitcoin because what determine the increment of the price is the demand and the supply of the market

Pi-network314159

Activity: 210
Merit: 128

View Profile
March 23, 2024, 12:26:34 AM

We have not heard from anyone who claims to be female doing these push-ups.. so far, except per reports of some of the forum member participants, we have had a wife or two participating.. .. but still no participating member claiming to be female.. which maybe this is not as much of a woman's exercise.  
I don't agree with the aspect of saying that this is not women exercise. Just they might be doing it but not reporting it to the this thread. I know someone like  lavemayfamilies may be in right position to answer that question because I know she visits this thread everyday. But her intentions might be another thing. Women love pertispating in only what will bring money, not something that doesn't put food to their table. If it was a contest that will earn some $$dollars, they would have lined up by now. If I am lieing let them come and proving me wrong. They are always on the side of what a man can do a woman can do more better, prove to us you can do better. Hahaha

I am not against this idea of women doing pushups, so it would be nice to hear if there are any women in here participating in this particular challenge...or maybe substituting into some other kind of exercise that might be appealing to their own fitness preference(s).
They will definitely speak up. you know women like challenge, even when they know they can't withstand the heat. Just to prove a point. But let's be realistic If Women should participate in this contest I believe they will do better because women have that endurance heart than men, and they are more frequent in gyms mostly to reduce fat, and building good body shapes so it wouldn't be bad if they participate.
Berry2d

Activity: 31
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 23, 2024, 01:01:37 AM

For me, this is day 50 of the challenge.  That means I have done 4920 push-ups since this challenge began and by the end of the day I will be sitting at 5,000!  I must say that I am impressed with myself for having reached this milestone, but am not ready to give up yet.  I've got my sights set for another 50 days at least and with any luck we'll be at $100,000 by then and we can all congratulate ourselves for a job well done.  I am beginning to wonder if maybe halving day can be considered a holiday for a day off break or if that is just weakness talking...
By the end of the day meaning that you are left with 80 push up to complete the malatom of 5000, wow you have done a great job. Although I have been practising the push up for sometime now but not up to this level you have done. I have been able to do 1500plus for the past 15 days I have been practising I no it's not easy but am just trying my best
 I haven't participated in such contest of this nature but just doing it because others are doing it too. And am not giving up yet. Given up will not do me any favours but returning me to my days of weakness. This your thread is keeping people fit and healthy.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
March 23, 2024, 02:58:50 AM

[edited out]

Maybe I'm too enthusiastic and what I specifically mean is people who are used to doing push ups and of course move a lot because of exercise, I'm just saying according to the facts and also from my trainer because in the past I was also diligent in doing sports such as the gym, soccer, push up and several others. And both are good and you should also do it according to your ability, and also don't force it if you feel tired or feel weak in the muscles.

And when compared to Bitcoin investment, slow movements can only produce small amounts because they run out of energy, and if the movements are fast we can generate large amounts and have a good impact on the amount of money that will be invested in Bitcoin. And the results would be different if the price had reached $100K in terms of profits.

That still does not make a whole hell of a lot of sense, even though surely there are comparisons that can be made in terms of figuring out some way to benefit from doing pushups without over doing it.. and the same is true in bitcoin.. to invest into it aggressively  but not so aggressively that you overdo it and you end up contributing to recking yourself... ..

so I suppose in those kinds of senses, a guy can take a good thing and go too far with it, whether it comes to pushups or it comes to investing into bitcoin.

It seems that I already addressed this idea, more than a couple of time.  I both said that I am into quantity over quality, I gave an explanation for why I am into quantity over quality, and I also said that from time to time I am already changing my form depending on how I feel, and I also said that I might be willing to further change my form down the road upon my discretion... but you still think that I should change my form, even though I already provided several reasons why I am sticking with quantity over quality?
I also prefer quantity to quality, I don't really know about others but to me I still think quantity is the best expecially when it comes to this challenge. Anytime I try some quality pushups I always get my self worn-out so easily ,  and most time I endup not completing my daily pushups, though it may be more effective making it more complex.

There are many of us who are either not used to push-ups or we are getting back into doing push-ups after many years of not doing them, or maybe we are getting older or maybe there might be a girl or two in here.  So in any of those cases, it is likely way better to work up towards doing pushups and don't get too worked up about whether your push-ups are quality enough or if they are of the most stringent kinds of push-ups and all that bullshit that is more likely to be more applicable to guys who are either way younger, in better shape and/or already used to doing pushups.

Another thing is that focusing on quantity does not necessarily mean that a guy is being sloppy or not achieving a variety of kinds of potential improvements in his health.  For one thing, I am now able to do more pushups and so I have had several sets of 45, 50 and even 55 pushups in one go.. and yeah it is hard for me, and surely if I was to do a 2 seconds down and 2 seconds up pushup, then maybe I could ONLY do 10-20 pushups, and I am not even going to try it because I am not at that level of fitness yet.. and maybe down the road.. after a few more months of pumping out quantity of pushups, I might get bored enough or feel some kind of need to focus on quality pushups and to change my strategy.. .. another thing is that if some of us guys have not been exercising rigorously, we have body fat and sure there is muscle underneath, but it takes a fucking long time to build that and to even get rid of the fat, and it might  not even be possible to start to look like some kind of an Adonis-like creature.

Another thing, even if I am doing 40-55 pushups fast, I can feel it in my core, and it hurts.. and I am spending around a minute doing those pushups and even my back hurts from keeping my body like a board during that process.. and if I am doing 409-55 pushups, then I am spending around 2x the amount of time in that pushup status and like a boar than I was spending when I was doing 20-25 pushups... and so I don't feel that I am cheating myself or even cheating others since I might be doing 2x more pushups than the younger guys who are doing "proper pushups," but I give few shits. 

The younger guys have their own challenges that they need to figure out what is good for their own situation.. including there are a whole fucking lot of things that I used to be able to do that I am not able to do and likely I will never be able to do again.. which is kind of sad but it is a truth.. there are some things that we have to realize and appreciate about the aging process. and yeah, maybe I will surprise myself and come to be able to do some things that I though that I would never be able to do, but whatever it is, it is it is ONLY going to go so far because there are physical limits.. including I remember 10 years ago when I used to go hiking with this young girl and she would just say, think positive and you can do it.. and fuck that shit.. there is ONLY so much positive thinking that you can do when your body is only able to go so far at a specific time in its development... and even 10 years ago, I was experiencing some limitations, and now 10 years later, I am not able to do some of the things that I could do 10 years ago.. so there is a progress (or a degeneration) and some things just are not easy to maintain and getting back to your youth status  is a kind of fantasy land kind of thinking... and some guys might not even know some of these things.. because I know that there wee somethings that historically, I could just power through them. .and I did several physically taxiing kinds of activities, but when you get older sometimes you know that you cannot power through certain kinds of limitations or you might either end up injured (permanently disabled) or dead.

But when it comes to hitting my regular pushups without adding any complexity I always coverup alot quantities, and same time making it less challenging in completing daily my pushups . And as long you are frequent with it your pushups would keep up being effective.

It can be hard to fit them all in and maybe even sometimes, some of us might get overly tired and wonder if maybe we have to do fewer or fewer sets... so there is a need to find a balance, and I doubt that skipping days is a good place to go, either physically necessarily or psychologically necessary, .. especially since these are body weight kinds of exercises.. unless maybe we might have injured ourselves then that might be another story.. and so it is very good if we can make sure that we do not end up injuring ourselves, and sometimes we might not really know...

My dad has some joint problems, and I think that maybe I might be vulnerable (in a kind of genetic way) to some of the same issues as him, and so when my shoulders hurt so much before during and after pushups, sometimes I think that maybe I need to lighten up a bit in my number of sets or my quantity of pushups, and so it can sometimes be difficult to know if maybe we might be pushing ourselves too much in terms of quantity and or quality or the type of pushups that we are doing based on certain kinds of pains that we might be experiencing and whether some of the pains might start to go away too..

Sir JJG I've considered what you said concerning "it is better to do fewer pushups than completely skipping", I try doing some pushups and I found it more challenging than when I was constantly doing it . Because back then when I was constant with my pushups as time goes it was getting more easier for me anytime I go into hitting my daily pushups. I will start making use of what you said if I found body ain't functioning well due to stress and all that for I would reduce my pushups count than to completely skip.

Sometimes we might not realize that when we are skipping the pushups we are not helping ourselves to be able to do more pushups or better quality pushups, so there likely is a bit of value in persistence. but we still have to figure out those kinds of balances too... and probably if we keep doing them and if we are keeping track, we can look at our improvements through time or maybe we might see areas of a lot of stagnation and to consider if there might be something that we might need  to change.  So far, I am not really seeing stagnation with my pushups. especially since my average number of pushups per day continues to go up.. which one of my current ways of measuring my own personal progress. .and maybe at some point I might have to change the metric.

this is indeed splendid, that actually a great number of pushups, lol you guys are definitely going to be among the factors that going to pump bitcoin to the price range of $100k .  Grin

I bet in the whole group of participating members in this thread, we might already be getting close to 50k pushups.. and we might even already be over that.... even though some guys are not reporting their totals and even though no one is keeping track on a more global level.

I don't agree with the aspect of saying that this is not women exercise. Just they might be doing it but not reporting it to the this thread. I know someone like  lavemayfamilies may be in right position to answer that question because I know she visits this thread everyday. But her intentions might be another thing. Women love pertispating in only what will bring money, not something that doesn't put food to their table. If it was a contest that will earn some $$dollars, they would have lined up by now. If I am lieing let them come and proving me wrong. They are always on the side of what a man can do a woman can do more better, prove to us you can do better. Hahaha

That is bullshit.

Men and women are different physically, and sure some women might want to prove themselves but it is not necessary.. but whatever, they can do what they like and yeah there are going to be some women who are stronger than men too.. but on the average, men are built different than women and generally physically stronger, especially upper body strength. and several other physical strengths.. .. and  yeah it could be possible that in some kinds of endurance exercises, some women might be able to beat the shit out of men, and some of that is due to their training rather than their natural abilities or even their inclinations.

I doubt that we need to argue these kinds of points..   and I am not even trying to either not welcome women to doing pushups or even proclaiming that I am stronger than women who are either physically bigger than me or who might be 20 years younger than me... and yeah, I know a lot of women who could kick my ass physically, but that still does not mean that as a general rule women are equally as physically powerful as men.

I am not against this idea of women doing pushups, so it would be nice to hear if there are any women in here participating in this particular challenge...or maybe substituting into some other kind of exercise that might be appealing to their own fitness preference(s).
They will definitely speak up. you know women like challenge, even when they know they can't withstand the heat. Just to prove a point. But let's be realistic If Women should participate in this contest I believe they will do better because women have that endurance heart than men, and they are more frequent in gyms mostly to reduce fat, and building good body shapes so it wouldn't be bad if they participate.

If you are proclaiming that you are not a woman, then why is there a need to say that they will come and participate, when at this point we have no evidence of any members claiming to be a woman and participating in this thread or this challenge.

Anyhow, there is no reason for anyone to dox themselves as a woman and maybe in the end it really does not matter too much.. I am still going to stand behind my claim that pushups tend to be more of a guy's kind of exercise.. and yeah women can do them.. no problem... but they may or may not really be as interested in pushups, even though a lot of women like to do core exercises, which is also good.. and push ups can be a decent kind of a core exercise, but there are other core exercises too that are done in Yoga.. and I am not much of a yoga person, even though I know some of the poses are difficult as fuck to do and to maintain, and I am pretty sure that there are way more women who do yoga than men.. just like this article says around 80% of Yoga participants in the USA are women..

DirtyKeyboard

Activity: 266
Merit: 472

Fly free sweet Mango.

View Profile
March 23, 2024, 08:36:09 AM
Last edit: March 23, 2024, 08:50:14 AM by DirtyKeyboard
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

Amazing!  You earned that L.  In Roman numerals of course.  Cheesy  Seriously showing mental forititude on your part.   But that's it, we now start the calving til halving challenge.  Get on your tippy toes 100 times a day, people.  Balance in all things, even balance.  Occasionally it pays to be unbalanced.  Financial advice

Personal Pushup Report: Pushups Printed = 4200, Proof of Pushups = 3588, net Pushups = -612  
Negative number get smaller, means positive progress.   Smiley

Edit: phrasing

█████████████████████████████████            ▟██           ██████████████████████
██████████████████████████████        ⚞▇▇▋███▎▎()>       ████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████            ▜██           ██████████████████████
Mayor of ogba

Activity: 294
Merit: 170

View Profile
March 23, 2024, 08:42:10 AM

Well, thanks to this, bitcoiners now see the need or a reason to be in shape. It goes beyond body building it's healthy and also most of us need this challenge, most of us want to, but too lazy, and purposeless , but this is a good one. Consistency can be an issue, but whenever I come to this thread, there's that spark. If you're too lazy to start up a push up day, visit this thread. Big one, Og.
I must say the person who started this thread did well for us. Before I knew about this thread, I had been doing push-ups, but I was not consistent with them. This thread has helped me to be serious and consistent with my push-ups, and I make sure I complete my 100 push-ups a day. If I'm too busy in the morning to do push-ups, I always do them at night before I go to sleep.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 »
  Print  

Jump to: