Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 11:24:00 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ ANN ] SAT² - A new dawn - PoS - No Premine  (Read 133144 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Belogvardeec
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1013

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 06:52:16 AM

Friends, Saturn, designed for long-term investment. This coin with excellent perspective.

For short-term speculation, you can use soap bubbles Cheesy

"Bыcшaя дoбpoдeтeль в тyндpe тepпeниe и ocтopoжнocть. Bыcшaя дypocть лeзть нaпpoлoм. Oгибaй, выжидaй, тepпи."
Aктyaльнo и для тpeйдингa.
pabloangello
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 01:36:09 PM

Dev, what about further development of Saturncoin?

Saturncoins (OP)

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 01:51:09 PM

Dev, what about further development of Saturncoin?

Please read the last couple of pages of the thread - everything was explained in detail Smiley I'd be happy to address any specific questions.

Belogvardeec
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 05:42:30 PM

Dev, note this information:

POS attack
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=101820.msg6976731#msg6976731

"Bыcшaя дoбpoдeтeль в тyндpe тepпeниe и ocтopoжнocть. Bыcшaя дypocть лeзть нaпpoлoм. Oгибaй, выжидaй, тepпи."
King7-

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 07:07:28 PM

A bit more promotion would nice for saturncoin at this moment.

What's keeping you? Smiley

I tweet several times in a week the last months about saturncoin (@retweetnld) and i point out saturncoins all the time on irc channels. So don't worry i promote where i can. Supported this coin for a long time and will keep on doing that  Wink
Saturncoins (OP)

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 08:00:27 PM

That's just someone asking a question to Sunny King..

All known (potential) security issues that come with PoS will be accounted for.

Saturncoins (OP)

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 08:01:16 PM

A bit more promotion would nice for saturncoin at this moment.

What's keeping you? Smiley

I tweet several times in a week the last months about saturncoin (@retweetnld) and i point out saturncoins all the time on irc channels. So don't worry i promote where i can. Supported this coin for a long time and will keep on doing that  Wink

Much appreciated! Smiley

GatorJMT

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 12:24:34 AM

Saturncoins regardless of what your stated intentions are it is your actions over the past months that has killed this coin and there is 0 future for it now, Dev is the root cause of that.

What we were promised was a smooth, transparent transition to PoS w/Multi-Pool to support and other great surprises.

What we got was three bungled attempts at an update to decrease the block size, devs and long time core supporters supposedly playing musical chairs behind the scenes, a complete alienation of the last two remaining large pools so that they close down leaving next to nothing to support the remaining PoW phase; this of course causing a dramatic drop in network hashrate leaving the coin open to attack or forking at any moment and a dev with tons of empty promises speaking of all the wonderful things to come and giving us absolutely 0 follow up on those promises.

Last week you said you had a big announcement that you would likely share the next day, 4 days later when you finally post back in the thread not a peep about that announcement but you did take the time to go back and edit it out of your original post.  Yes, too busy to pop in once in a blue moon to give us an update on the coin development status but not so busy you can't go back and edit posts from a week ago where you promised big announcements.

This thread is dead now, tumbleweeds dead, and the coin is near dead hovering over 1 Satoshi, where do you think it will be in 50 days when the coin is ending PoW and you might finally decide to do some of the PoS conversion you promised 4 months prior or anything beneficial towards this coin's future; thus far I have not seen you do a single thing but type real pretty sentences amounting to nothing but empty promises. 

This is the Crypto World, not the Real World, the same rules do not apply here, timelines are compressed, but in either world you should be told to pack your stuff and GTFO.
reebokasss

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 04:43:38 AM

I have 30 mln SAT and im not selling now, because I know that later I will can sell at minimum 10-15satoshi. Last time (about 1month ago) i bought @2 satoshi and sold @12 Smiley so now is the best time to buy!!!

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Belogvardeec
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 11:56:28 AM

Saturncoins regardless of what your stated intentions are it is your actions over the past months that has killed this coin and there is 0 future for it now, Dev is the root cause of that.

What we were promised was a smooth, transparent transition to PoS w/Multi-Pool to support and other great surprises.

What we got was three bungled attempts at an update to decrease the block size, devs and long time core supporters supposedly playing musical chairs behind the scenes, a complete alienation of the last two remaining large pools so that they close down leaving next to nothing to support the remaining PoW phase; this of course causing a dramatic drop in network hashrate leaving the coin open to attack or forking at any moment and a dev with tons of empty promises speaking of all the wonderful things to come and giving us absolutely 0 follow up on those promises.

Last week you said you had a big announcement that you would likely share the next day, 4 days later when you finally post back in the thread not a peep about that announcement but you did take the time to go back and edit it out of your original post.  Yes, too busy to pop in once in a blue moon to give us an update on the coin development status but not so busy you can't go back and edit posts from a week ago where you promised big announcements.

This thread is dead now, tumbleweeds dead, and the coin is near dead hovering over 1 Satoshi, where do you think it will be in 50 days when the coin is ending PoW and you might finally decide to do some of the PoS conversion you promised 4 months prior or anything beneficial towards this coin's future; thus far I have not seen you do a single thing but type real pretty sentences amounting to nothing but empty promises. 

This is the Crypto World, not the Real World, the same rules do not apply here, timelines are compressed, but in either world you should be told to pack your stuff and GTFO.

The hysterics of the pregnant schoolgirl?

Saturncoins (OP)

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 12:40:27 PM

The hysterics of the pregnant schoolgirl?

Hehe. Exactly my thoughts.

GatorJMT: usually I would not even take the time to address your ignorant rant and impatience. Since I don't find it appropriate to have this conversation in public, and since you have been active in this thread before, I have sent you a private message to address your concerns. All I'll say here in public for now is: your thoughts could not be further from the truth, and you'll simply see that as we roll out the plans that we've been working on. It has been said before and I'll say it again: we are not in a rush, we are taking our time to do this right. We do not have any ambition to make a quick rise and fall, we strive to be one of the few coins that will actually last for the long run. I can tell you: the majority of alt coins will not last long, and I don't think I'm exaggerating when I say that this will apply to 99% of the altcoins. We strive to be part of the 1% who do actually make it. And it doesn't take a degree in economics to understand that when 99% of the altcoins die out, all that money that's currently going on in the altcoin industry will end up being the value of the few alts that do make it. I don't think I'll need to point out how big this potential is. Anyway: I suggest you check your private message, and let me know if you have any questions.

btcforthefuture

Activity: 158

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 03:43:27 PM

bought me some at 2 sat. Worked well the previous times I bought for 1-2 sat price
Goattrading

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 02:21:27 AM

Saturncoins

I like your stance on information dissemination.
 Release of completed news will create a stronger foundation for the long term vs promo pump info which just leaves a stagnate coin and community. Of course like all forums that pertain to concepts of $ .. people are extremely ADHD about the idea of waiting.

Looking forward to updates.

“I never ask a man what his business is, for it never interests me. What I ask him about are his thoughts and dreams.”
― H.P. Lovecraft
pabloangello
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 10:13:39 AM

Saturncoins

Release of completed news will create a stronger foundation for the long term vs promo pump info which just leaves a stagnate coin and community. Of course like all forums that pertain to concepts of $ .. people are extremely ADHD about the idea of waiting.

Haha this is the Crypto-ADHD Cheesy

Melanie120869

Activity: 4

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 05:10:26 PM

I've mined about 400k SAT, it was a mistake, just like Moon.

I just lost 100k coins trying to transfer them to Cryptsy, they don't show on the block chain even though I had 1500+ confirms.

Two days earlier I successfully transferred about 1750 SAT.

Info@saturncoin - the official way of reporting issues as far as I can see hasn't even managed to acknowledge my mails.

If a coin disappoints it's miners and they defect the coin will die.

I know this industry isn't regulated and there is a lot of risk, but SAT is too big a risk for me to continue to invest in the coin, time to move on ...
Saturncoins (OP)

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 07:29:17 PM

they don't show on the block chain even though I had 1500+ confirms.

That sounds a bit weird. How would you have confirms on coins that don't show on the blockchain?

Info@saturncoin - the official way of reporting issues as far as I can see hasn't even managed to acknowledge my mails.

Not sure what you mean by info@saturncoin. If you send me a private message with the specifics I'd gladly get our devs to look into it.

The first thing that comes to mind is: do you have an updated wallet? If not, that is likely the problem. If that is the case, you are probably not on the right chain. To solve that, you should update your wallet and then let it resync the blockchain from the start. This would basically "undo" the coin transfer you initiated, since your transaction would not have taken place on the correct chain (so it's like the transaction never actually happened). So basically this would mean that your coins were never actually sent, so if you rebuild the chain on the latest wallet, the coins should still show up in there.

If a coin disappoints it's miners and they defect the coin will die.

Sure, but that's a rather premature conclusion wouldn't you say? If coins would be disappearing out of nowhere, you would not be the only one. I would suggest checking your wallet version as explained and reach out to us if you need further help with that.

Saturncoins (OP)

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 08:01:57 PM

Saturncoins

Thanks Smiley

That is exactly our perspective. If you want to start building a rocket and take it to space tomorrow, you might get to launch, and you're likely going to see it crash very quickly thereafter. If you want to actually go for a space mission that actually has the potential of accomplishing something, you're going to need a bit more refinement and planning than rushing things overnight.

In crypto this is no different, and there's also no rational sense in doubting this. If our devs would be out to make a quick buck, you would see the opposite of what we are doing. You'd be looking at us hyping news and rumours combined with pumps, followed with FUD and dumps, repeat that a couple of times and game over. There are plenty of coins out there doing just that. And the only ones who win are the devs and insiders (and perhaps a few people who just got lucky). Those who are impatient maybe should try playing that game and see how that works out.

What we are doing is the exact opposite. The fact that we are not yet gearing up our marketing is because we are taking the time to get the development done right. And we simply do not want to publish a timeline just yet, because even when it would be specifically stated that they're just estimations, people will consider the dates to be deadlines (and if things are not ready on time because of any kind of unexpected issue, people would get disappointed). To translate that to trading terms: this would just result in a premature price increase followed by selling pressure if there's any kind of setback. We believe it makes a lot more sense to gear up when we actually have things ready to go (and thoroughly tested), simply because that rules out setbacks. Yes, that approach certainly requires more patience. And that patience will be more than worth it.

In terms of confidence: you should probably ask yourself this: what would developers do who are just out to make a quick buck without caring at all about the interest of the community? Would they be going for a quick hype with a lot of volatility and rumours, or would they take their time to plan and refine the development process?

Melanie120869

Activity: 4

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 10:36:22 PM

I have sent you a PM with the details

info@saturncoin.net is on http://www.saturncoin.net/ under the Contact Us tab.

Which is why I used it to contact Saturncoin to ask for Technical Assistance.

The version of wallet I am using is v2.0.0.0

As I stated in my private message I exported my Private Key using the Wallet console, exited the SaturnCoin wallet and renamed my Wallet folder, then re-opened the wallet and imported my Private Key which rebuilt the block chain from scratch.

The 'send to' address on my outgoing 100k transaction is now listed as 'n/a' and the amount has changed to 999,999, although the number of confirms is the same.

on 17/05/14 I successfully transferred 1750 ish SAT to Cryptsy, from the same wallet to the same receiving address and it worked, albeit very slowly. (ie two days)

I don't think my comment was premature, considering I sent the 100k SAT on 20/05/14, tried contacting Cryptsy Support, self help and contacting SaturnCoin for assistance etc.

After several days with no response to my request for help and sending two emails, both going unanswered without even a cursory mail to inform me my mail had been received.

So my Saturncoin has been unavailable for 10 days., I think my conclusion that Saturncoin weren't interested was quite balanced considering I have had to visit Bitcoin Forum to get assistance from Saturncoin when visiting SaturnCoins official website / email address got me nowhere.

If SaturnCoin aren't interested in resolving these types of issues then the coin will die.
httpb

Activity: 644
Merit: 272

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 08:04:41 AM

I have a problem syncing the wallet. It is stuck at block 82046. Anyone having the same issue?
Saturncoins (OP)

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 09:57:24 AM

info@saturncoin.net is on http://www.saturncoin.net/ under the Contact Us tab.

That's neither an official Saturncoin website, nor an official email. This website is in no way affiliated with Saturncoin itself and belongs to people who are not on our team. It is also not stated in the ANN anywhere, so you simply made a wrongful assumption there.

The version of wallet I am using is v2.0.0.0

There have been several new wallet releases since that version. So like I said, your wallet is not up to date, and you should update to the latest version. Details are listed in the OP.

So my Saturncoin has been unavailable for 10 days., I think my conclusion that Saturncoin weren't interested was quite balanced considering I have had to visit Bitcoin Forum to get assistance from Saturncoin when visiting SaturnCoins official website / email address got me nowhere.

You did not visit the official website, you merely assumed that you did. Also, you make it sound as if having to visit this forum was a lot of work. You have a responsibility for simply staying informed and keeping your wallet up to date. Nobody else is going to do that for you.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 »
  Print  

Jump to: