Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 09:01:52 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ ANN ] SAT² - A new dawn - PoS - No Premine  (Read 133141 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
kryptologist

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

@kryptographer

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 03:15:00 PM

What a joke. There is an announcement coming tomorrow buy buy buy!!!!!! Hurry guys, everyone one twitter is telling you to buy their sell orders! I will not believe shit until I see it. Huge bag holders already starting to dump. You'd think mintpal might say something if they decided not to switch SAT to an LTC market. Last official word is that mintpal is closing the SAT/BTC market. See where it goes.
reasonman

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 03:35:27 PM

What a joke. There is an announcement coming tomorrow buy buy buy!!!!!! Hurry guys, everyone one twitter is telling you to buy their sell orders! I will not believe shit until I see it. Huge bag holders already starting to dump. You'd think mintpal might say something if they decided not to switch SAT to an LTC market. Last official word is that mintpal is closing the SAT/BTC market. See where it goes.

Isn't that how it usually goes though?  Buy on rumors sell on news?  I'd be suspicious but every time there's an issue or a question dev is in here responding.  I think they're genuine in their goals for the coin.
Saturncoins (OP)

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 03:56:35 PM

I respect your point of view. As explained earlier on in this topic, we would have much rather published the announcement rightaway, instead of "announcing an announcement". This announcement was already planned, but in light of today's developments we simply felt the need to pre-announce the news. Ultimately this is what altcoins (and innovations) are all about.. you can't innovate by laying out a plan that's set in stone in advance, you simply adjust to and improve upon the circumstances as you go.

There will be a big announcement tomorrow, and we are very excited about finally being able to release what we've been working on. If you don't like to take our word for it then nobody's blaming you, in that case just wait and see Smiley

pabloangello
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 04:03:21 PM

86 BTC volume last 24 hours, nice increase. What caused that? A single news or what?

reasonman

Activity: 38

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 04:11:47 PM

86 BTC volume last 24 hours, nice increase. What caused that? A single news or what?

News of news and that apparently Mintpal isn't going to remove the SAT/BTC pairing.  Just read the last two pages.
kryptologist

Activity: 714

@kryptographer

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 04:31:37 PM

I respect your point of view. As explained earlier on in this topic, we would have much rather published the announcement rightaway, instead of "announcing an announcement". This announcement was already planned, but in light of today's developments we simply felt the need to pre-announce the news. Ultimately this is what altcoins (and innovations) are all about.. you can't innovate by laying out a plan that's set in stone in advance, you simply adjust to and improve upon the circumstances as you go.

There will be a big announcement tomorrow, and we are very excited about finally being able to release what we've been working on. If you don't like to take our word for it then nobody's blaming you, in that case just wait and see Smiley

Thanks for your reply. I hope you are true to your word about mintpal keeping you on the BTC trading pair and something big tomorrow.

Since you have to wait until tomorrow, it must not just be an announcement about a future plan. I will expect something usable and ready right away.

So many sketchy devs out there, we'll see if this one turns out.
Soul_eater_123
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 04:37:21 PM

Or they're just stalling for time to try and come up with something.
nrvkush

Activity: 756

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 04:58:43 PM

Announcement of announcement, just to keep price above 1 sat killing spree Smiley

HUGE THINGS COMING
freskhu

Activity: 62

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 05:15:08 PM

hi there!
why my wallet doest sync?

http://prntscr.com/3pbfpa

http://prntscr.com/3pbg2k

http://prntscr.com/3pbg95

check prints Sad
Saturncoins (OP)

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 05:18:56 PM

Are those addnodes in "saturncoin.conf"? (the titlebar of that screenshot suggests otherwise). If not, make sure to correct that and reload the wallet.

hrshak462

Activity: 193

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 05:37:21 PM

A quick set of instructions for creating the saturncoin.conf file and where to put it would probably be helpful.  I feel too noob to do it.  Although I have messed with BTC and others for 7 months, the Saturncoin wallet is the first one that I have ran (first qt wallet?).   I was able to finally figure it out though.  My problem was that I was just creating a text file and changing the name to "saturncoin.conf".  I had to create the text file and "save as" "all files" with the name "saturncoin.conf".  I had used the sample conf file from the previous saturncoin thread(the one before this one).  Then I added the two addnodes that were recently given out.  Then my wallet synced after being stuck on block 82046(or around there). 

No deal, McCutcheon, that moon money is mine!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22aZ6avukGY
BitcoinBaBa

Activity: 225

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 05:39:00 PM

Thanks for your reply. I hope you are true to your word about mintpal keeping you on the BTC trading pair and something big tomorrow.

Since you have to wait until tomorrow, it must not just be an announcement about a future plan. I will expect something usable and ready right away.

So many sketchy devs out there, we'll see if this one turns out.
+1
Saturncoins (OP)

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 06:14:09 PM

A quick set of instructions for creating the saturncoin.conf file and where to put it would probably be helpful.  I feel too noob to do it.  Although I have messed with BTC and others for 7 months, the Saturncoin wallet is the first one that I have ran (first qt wallet?).   I was able to finally figure it out though.  My problem was that I was just creating a text file and changing the name to "saturncoin.conf".  I had to create the text file and "save as" "all files" with the name "saturncoin.conf".  I had used the sample conf file from the previous saturncoin thread(the one before this one).  Then I added the two addnodes that were recently given out.  Then my wallet synced after being stuck on block 82046(or around there). 

Thank you for the feedback. One of the things we are working on is to provide clearer information about things like these, as we understand that not everyone has experience with running their own wallet (and we do highly encourage everyone to "play around" with it, because learning about things like those are your first steps towards understanding how blockchain technology works, which is awesome and beneficial to anyone in crypto).

If you're on Windows, the easiest way to find the directory in which you should place this saturncoin.conf file, is:

- Go to Start
- In the search box enter %Appdata%
- Then go to the subdirectory called "Roaming"
- Then go to the subdirectory called "Saturncoin"

Your saturncoin.conf file should be in there, and if it's not there yet you should create it manually. To edit the file, you can simply open it with notepad (or any other text editor).

On Mac the procedure would be the same, except the directory is different: /Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Saturncoin/saturncoin.conf
And Linux: /home/<username>/.saturncoin/saturncoin.conf

dleader

Activity: 592

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 06:30:41 PM

Well put!
Soul_eater_123
Legendary

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 07:32:26 PM

Where is the confirmation from Mintpal about SAT/BTC market staying? I have tweeted them and received no response relating to this and whilst I would love to believe the developers I DON'T - nothing personal.  I say this sounds like BS until it is confirmed by Mintpal whose twitter still says that SAT is going to LTC only.  Until then this just a stalling tactic by developers who are desperate or an attempt at a final pump before a huge dump.  Use extreme caution.
kpierce77
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 07:32:30 PM

Is there a reason people suddenly are buying this coin on mintpal?
nrvkush

Activity: 756

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 07:34:24 PM

Is there a reason people suddenly are buying this coin on mintpal?

look at history another pump and dump
Wilde

Activity: 1

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 07:40:11 PM

Last official word is that mintpal is closing the SAT/BTC market. See where it goes.

If you look on MintPal the others mentioned in that tweet have a banner saying that they are going LTC & that BTC is closing. SAT doesn't, it did earlier.
Soul_eater_123
Legendary

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 07:51:50 PM

Last official word is that mintpal is closing the SAT/BTC market. See where it goes.

If you look on MintPal the others mentioned in that tweet have a banner saying that they are going LTC & that BTC is closing. SAT doesn't, it did earlier.

Good spot I didn't see that - thanks.
hrshak462

Activity: 193

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 07:52:30 PM

Good catch!

No deal, McCutcheon, that moon money is mine!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22aZ6avukGY
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 »
  Print  

Jump to: