Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:14:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: These new EFFICIENT x11 algos everyone is talking about ?? BULLSHIT or real?  (Read 16232 times)
shtako

Activity: 779
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 06:48:36 AM

For me it's a personal obligation to fight people like you,
who try to dumb down the general public with disinformation and cheap propaganda phrases.

You are at a disadvantage, because the average poster here is already quite informed and has a good perception of being Mickey Moused by agents like you.

Get lost.

This is absolutely not true. Most of the people posting here are without any tecnical or economical insight. They are attracted by fancy words and follows the herd bleating what they have read (but not understood) around the forum. Spending their money on obvious scams like earthcoin and darkcoin, coins in general that do extremly well at promoting and branding. 

What does Earthcoin matter here now, please enlighten me.
Just a fuck of a crap coin.

Darkcoin is the bleeding edge of crypto currencies though.
Tell me what you mean with your statement.

I mention earthcoin because everyone can see that earthcoin are a scam now, and the same will be true for darkcoin in a few months. Erthcoin is similar to darkcoin, not technically, but from a community perspective. Both coins rallied the sheeps with a grand plan and fancy words.

Darkcoin claimes to be the first anonymous coin. That is not true and it will not happen. Darkcoin promote itself as a zero premined coin. That is true, but it is designed to be extremly instamined and if you look at the block explorer you will see that the instamine is around 14% of the total coins. More then 75% of the exicting coins is instamined by devs/early adopters. There have also been alot of posts about the x11 and "cool cards" that adds to the hype. Darksend, x11, dgw, zero premine, everything the community preach and believe to be facts are actually not as good as they seem or completely true.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
goin2mars

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 06:57:23 AM

who try to dumb down the general public with disinformation and cheap propaganda phrases.

You are at a disadvantage, because the average poster here is already quite informed and has a good perception of being Mickey Moused by agents like you.

Get lost.

This is absolutely not true. Most of the people posting here are without any tecnical or economical insight. They are attracted by fancy words and follows the herd bleating what they have read (but not understood) around the forum. Spending their money on obvious scams like earthcoin and darkcoin, coins in general that do extremly well at promoting and branding. 

I mention earthcoin because everyone can see that earthcoin are a scam now, and the same will be true for darkcoin in a few months. Erthcoin is similar to darkcoin, not technically, but from a community perspective. Both coins rallied the sheeps with a grand plan and fancy words.

Darkcoin claimes to be the first anonymous coin. That is not true and it will not happen. Darkcoin promote itself as a zero premined coin. That is true, but it is designed to be extremly instamined and if you look at the block explorer you will see that the instamine is around 14% of the total coins. More then 75% of the exicting coins is instamined by devs/early adopters. There have also been alot of posts about the x11 and "cool cards" that adds to the hype. Darksend, x11, dgw, zero premine, everything the community preach and believe to be facts are actually not as good as they seem or completely true.

Can you tell me why and how it won't happen? Please try to limit the discussion to just that, and lets remove ourselves from other things like the hashing function, amount of coins in circulation, distribution of coins in circulation, difficulty retargeting and mining capability.
shtako

Activity: 779
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 07:32:04 AM

Get lost.

Can you tell me why and how it won't happen? Please try to limit the discussion to just that, and lets remove ourselves from other things like the hashing function, amount of coins in circulation, distribution of coins in circulation, difficulty retargeting and mining capability.

Sorry but i am not competent to answer that. But I am confident enough to make that statement because I have read a lot of responses from and discussions between very competent members on this forum, and the concensus is that coinjoin is not, and will not be anonymous enough no matter what changes darksend might have.

Just to make it clear, I don't have any self interest when it comes to darkcoin, and if people want to invest they should do that based on their own judgment and not mine. I have previously warned about numerous scams and this is just one in the line. I dont hold any alt coins now. If i am wrong that would be very good for the community and specially the people buying in now.
goin2mars

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 08:11:31 AM

Get lost.

Sorry but i am not competent to answer that. But I am confident enough to make that statement because I have read a lot of responses from and discussions between very competent members on this forum, and the concensus is that coinjoin is not, and will not be anonymous enough no matter what changes darksend might have.

Just to make it clear, I don't have any self interest when it comes to darkcoin, and if people want to invest they should do that based on their own judgment and not mine. I have previously warned about numerous scams and this is just one in the line. I dont hold any alt coins now. If i am wrong that would be very good for the community and specially the people buying in now.

I understand. I myself am not aware of the full ins and outs of the anonymity level behind CoinJoin, so it seems we're on the same level with that respect . . in that we're both repeating what we've heard or read for the most part.

On the other hand, I am very willing to keep myself very open to the possibility that even intelligent people are suspect to some form of bias, misunderstanding or lack of immersion.

Actually it was that same openness that led me toward reading up on CoinJoin so that I might find differences in how it was applied in DarkSend.

My initial wording was designed to see if you think anonymity in general is a wasted effort, or if you think the attempt at it in DarkSend was flawed.

Anyways, the label "CoinJoin", to me, just refers to any process that relies on mixing transactions through a trusted 3rd party in order to obscure the blockchain . . which I think severely limits most of the claims DarkSend makes due to pre-existing consensus . . but the developers want to give credit to them so it's mentioned anyways. It's their choice to give credit for original ideas.

The general consensus I've seen so far about DarkSend is that it's not 100% anonymous . . and the developers have been very transparent about that fact. Does this mean that it's useless to me? Absolutely not . . and I will try to provide details.

The major part where DarkSend differs is that it offers anonymity based on the cost that someone is willing to pay to remove it.

Every step in the original CoinJoin process now has a potential penalty that will be imposed for improper behavior by the anonymous, trustless third party doing the mixing. The third party is elected pseudo-randomly based on previous block data (We can assume this to be completely random pending someone being able to predict the outcome of the x11 algorithm).

What this means is that by electing a mixing node based on previous block data . . the chance that you are aware you are a mixing node is drastically reduced with every additional node on the network. In this sense, you are acquiring anonymity and removing the requirement to trust based on chance. This, along with penalties, serves very well in that you are effectively minimizing loss by theft of the master node. There are many more details and you are welcome to dig through them when the white paper is updated (unless you want to dig through the thread), or I can try to find them for you.

Now onto the anonymity part . . which still has some issues but is a damn good attempt and only getting better. By increasing the number of stages of mixing to ten, coupled with ip obfuscation granted by TOR . . higher and higher levels of anonymity are being achieved. What this means is that if I, being a business in this example, were to start conducting transactions with DarkSend . . then none of my competitors will be able to discover my wallet address, or my suppliers, or customers.

I can agree that the refinement is far off from business money entering the picture . . but it's a sure start in the right direction.

I guess what I'm getting at is that right now . . this is one of the best visible attempts at anonymity and taking all of this to the next level that I see. To not offer privacy limits the market caps to a small consumer base, one man shops and investors. The former two are not particularly concentrated sources of value to play on for investors.

This isn't an all or nothing attempt . . and it just can't be as simple as that. Privacy and anonymity can only be provided in stages until (or if at all) something better comes along. What I can say for certain is that if it can be achieved to an acceptable point . . then the other details will hardly matter.

TenaciousC

Activity: 608
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 08:28:36 AM

THIS THREAD IS FULL OF IT!!!

X11 is da bomb mate, cards are running 1/3th cooler then scrypt, half the electricity is used...
And for the abuse were suddenly extreme high hashrates pooped up, this is hust because of a stratum abuse where fake shares are being submitted, nothing to do with X11
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 12:07:46 PM

Get lost.

Anyone else confirm this? 14% instamine.... what time frame did that take from announcement? so now both coins currently using x11 look like instamine scams? If this is actually true then why are people not screaming this all over the forums? we can't let stuff like that just be brushed under the carpet. I tried to blast earthcoin down a few times for their huge premine .... these coin get a ton of noobs behind them by dishing out some crumbs and become very hard to stop.

Still we're on page 10 and really there is no hard evidence it would seem to suggest x11 provides us with anything beneficial above qrk.  Therefore the frenzy over it is largely based upon marketing hype..

However it has turned up a few new things i didn't know about.... possible scryptN asic ( although not confirmed and i have not heard of that company before) and that drk coin had a 14% instamine?...although again i have not checked the block explorer to see what time frame of instamine we are talking about.  I really call instamine the first few mins if announced ahead of time and has kgw with harsh retarget from the start, or if unannounced the first hour or two again depending on retarget. If it is unannounced and launched at at time when both the US and europe are mostly offline then you can be sure that was a planned deliberate instamine scam like hirocoin.  

Not looking great for x11 then... offers nothing new in terms of real world benefits , and both coins using it thus far were instamined scams?  is this a fair assessment? wow ....if that is true it's time for some additional threads here. However only if it is the truth....sure there will be a lot of haters but really you can't allow scams to go unpunished can you?

Anyone else care to do some solid detective work on this before we unleash some bombs?  The developer seems to be hardworking and even fessed up his real name and introduced some new things to crytpo even if they are marketed above their true capability. However 14% instamine? that is gross if it is true. Hiro scam did the same except worse.. i can't remember how dark coin even launched... was it announced ahead of time ....surely it was not another ninja release planned at 7am euro time so max miners were sleeping?

We won't derail this thread into one on scam coins but really that is terrible. Most people kick up a fuss over 1% premine ...14% to devs and pals let in early on it can't be allowed to happen.

Really thought by now one would have thought with everyone screaming x11 is the one you would have had some techno boffins in here explaining exactly why it is so much better than the algos we have previous to it. A bit shocked it has had no real technical support here at all.

cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 12:15:58 PM
Last edit: April 05, 2014, 12:30:44 PM by cryptohunter

so where is the GPU miner ?
are you guys not aware of all the bullshit we have gone through in the last year with other so called cpu only coins ?
i guarantee this was setup to hide the gpu miner ..i guarantee one was made at launch and kept private ever since.

this coin was a mod of other cpu only coins that are proven to have private gpu miners so... uhhhhhhhh
all these guys did was add a couple more algo's and call it a revolution.. aka: standard coin cloning routine.

What are you on about?  This coin started as a CPU only.  At the time, the developer had a partially completed GPU miner started and released it with a bounty to finish it.  Eventually it was finished and we have several versions, all are linked on the first page.

Who are you and why do you come here with such an attitude?  Strange how people just come in on the thread and freak out, geepers!

My bad, it looks like there are no links to the GPU miners on the front page, that's strange!  They should be there!  I'll PM Ape.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=475795.0  << link to gpu miner

sorry i can't keep up with the all the fucking shit coins lol
they make a small change and repost them non stop and before i commented i looked on the first page and just now again for those gpu miners and..

all you people have a track record that speaks for it's self.
and i know for a fact virtually none of you look at what algo's a coin uses like i have for one year !
so who am i ?
I am the guy who inspects the coins and sees how they work.. i don't blindly eat propaganda like almost all of you do.
if any of you think a currency that is a minor mod of quark is going to go anywhere your raging idiots.
the world is not going to drop the us dollar for a clone coin called Dark coin.. never.
So if you can concede to that then what are you left with ?

the proof is in hows it made and that is the source code and it don't lie.. it is what it is regardless of your moronic fanboyism end of story

nothing ever changes same old same old.. it's like trying to talk to elementary school kids eating chocolate bars at recess.. a waste of my time.. no idea why i even bother.
which is why i don't usually bother with these topics you guys fanboy it up and carry on..

i will be around saying i told you all i am sure but you will vanish and hide and have moved on to the next coin by then.
cheerlead a coin spout bs and propaganda buy yer Lambo'z and then vanish when the time is right.. aka: the IFC zombie routine.

who am i ? i am the guy watching the pattern / vicious cycle repeat over and over like a broken record.

wanna run your mouth then lets debate specs.. like the coins algo etc and those miners on page one i can't seem to find lol

hey assholes.. free market blah blah blah
that means i can bitch about clone coins all i want just the same as you can proclaim them a Bitcoin killer lol
your freemarket bs works both ways kids..

go back to sucking each other off and posting a new pool or gambling site every second comment.. and make yur money to buy yer Lambo'z on the revolutionary NEW coin lol

OK. ITS ESTABLISHED YOU ARE... "the guy who inspects the coins and sees how they work.. i don't blindly eat propaganda like almost all of you do" [/color]

IM CONFUSED, BECAUSE YOU SAID...

X11 is rather straightforward, there are some caveats inside hash functions, but for well known hashes it would be just concatenation of published implementations.
For Quark algorithm one can implement 9 hashing stages, 3 of them will be paired - e.g. calculate Keccak and JH in parallel, then discard one of results. Or, to save die space, it's possible to implement 6 hashing cores and some dispatching and routing logic around them.

Can you comment:

With sufficient funding, how long would it take to roll out usable ASICs based on a multi algo concept?

Do you think you can hold up to AMD and nVidia? They are not gonna miss that boat for very much longer.
Not only for crypto hashing, but for any kind of a custom instruction set for scientific applications.
They are not sleeping on trees.

Would a well meant ASIC be able to keep up with a 3000 stream GPU doing a custom program?
The noise of my GPU cards just said: NO!

you should tell your roaring gpu's to google search what "FPGA" means Wink

edit:
@rumlazy i have been saying that too for a while and trying to see what people say.
and one guy on another site insisted it's not as simple as that actually.
i can't remember the tech details he posted but he explained that it would not be enough to tack on more memory to asics
because of how the asics work AND how they access and use memory i think.
I had originally said well memory is cheap so seems like an easy issue right ? add more memory then scrypt-n is now asic minable.
but he was rather convincing and sure as hell knew in remarkable detail how asics work under the hood specifically in ways i barely understand.[/color]
And the guy said no.. that won't be enough, simply adding more ram.
Either way i don't know but that guy was very convincing with his knowledge of how asics work.

i also am not sure tacking on memory still make it possible to jump from mining scrypt-n to normal scrypt either.
[b]someone from the scrypt-n dev team(s) should address this stuff not me [/b]lol
i had thought the same but now i am not so convinced..

the Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which unskilled individuals suffer from illusory superiority, mistakenly rating their ability much higher than is accurate. This bias is attributed to a metacognitive inability of the unskilled to recognize their ineptitude. Actual competence may weaken self-confidence, as competent individuals may falsely assume that others have an equivalent understanding.

Cryptohunter wrote one of the first posts in the darkcoin thread...

This is stupid, only linux wallet on release.

Good, killed the coin... biggest cpu miners are linux anyway so let them rape and then windows folks will never use it.

All these new alts need to die.

DID YOU MISS THE TRAIN ON DARKCOIN? I know you have missed the train before and it has caused you grief... right? Like this time...

The last tip he gave out to some people i heard made someone nearly 100BTC  - so although that does not mean the next tip will be pure gold like the last....... someone got their money last time around.

I wish i had gone for it when he told me about it.... but like always i missed the fucking train....arrggggg Smiley one day i'm going to catch one of these big time.

Cryptohunter... 5000 post in one year? You still have to ask. 5000 posts!!!! Wow! It only took me 40 post to realize both of you are couple of TWITS. Who is exactly is ... everybody? If you have a question then why dont you ask Spoetnik. He claims to be the guy who inspects the coins and sees how they work.. i don't blindly eat propaganda like almost all of you do[/b]  . I don't know jackshit about computational algorithms, but I do know sombody who does. Ask Eudifield if he is making these claims. I have read most of the threads and I cant find any other claims than the cpu/cgu claim. Go to thread and ask the Dev. Whatever he says will be on public record. I'm curious to see who these people are THAT YOU ARE CLAIMING. Im just a fanboy who blindly follows propaganda unlike SPOETNIK who would never follow propaganda...
right SPOETNIK...

And the guy said no.. that won't be enough, simply adding more ram.
Either way i don't know but that guy was very convincing with his knowledge of how asics work.

GO ASK THE FUCKING DEV AND REPOST IT HERE. WE ARE ALL WAITING CHAMPS. BALL IS IN YOUR COURT. NO MORE WHINING CLAIMS. IF YOU DONT ASK AND RE-POST IT, THEN YOU ARE AS FULL OF SHIT AS SPOETNIK.  RE-POST!... RE-POST!... RE-POST!

wow thank god you turned up.... i didn't remember dark coin only launched without a windows QT - - that has slipped my mind. I mean so many coins were being spammed out each day. Please go and research for me on other scam coins that launch to a 90% windows user base without a windows QT

I take you're another dark coin hater..... you guys are really forcing me to remove my positive remarks about drk coin in the OP.

I mean i wanted to give drk the benefit of the doubt but since you all keep bringing me more and more anti dark coin facts it seems i have to be more truthful.

Again whilst you're here be sure to absorb the info we have so far.... Let me give you the cliff notes.

x11 is marketing bullshit with no real proven substance......it is certainly not superior and seems actually inferior to what we already had.

Both coins using it are being strongly accused of being instamined scams Smiley

Then the best part is this..... you post a quote from me trying to help the guy who tipped me aurora coin would sky rocket from 3 to 90 bucks.... sure i didn't invest because the idea seems like nonsense so yes i missed that train Smiley however you are posting a quote from me sticking up for him when other people were saying he is full of shit. LOL so there was no bitterness at all and i put a smiley face....HHEHE you are my  new best pal on this board friend. Showing what a nice guy i am even when i miss out on a rocket like aurora. You are actually proving there the opposite of what you intend. If you read the OP i had put something quite positive about drk coin too until now you reminded me it started off with no windows QT like maxcoin and now i see it was 14% instamined whilst no windows people had access to mine.....HAHA you are awesome.

See you later, come back again soon. thanks for your assistance though ...

cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 12:18:29 PM

Leave, 'cryptohunter'
You truth seeking dirt bag

the forum is about to find out about the scams we are conducting, just do us scammers a favor and leave for good. THANK U

Hey eightspaces thanks for showing up and adding weight to this thread. It's nice to see people using size 70 font when they get desperate Smiley

Hehe we are getting to these people ..... the game is almost up scammers. Smiley

You can't argue with facts that is the scary part for you guys...

cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 12:34:47 PM

ASK THE DEV. AND RE-POST. VERY SIMPLE. IF YOU DONT, THEN YOU ARE FULL OF CRAP. NO MORE TALKING. YOU ARE THE ONE WHO STARTED THIS POST... NOW FINISH IT. RE-POST. NOT TALK. RE-POST. DO YOU UNDERSTAND? I WANT FACTS FROM HIS MOUTH AND RE-POST. NOT YOUR 5000 PLUS POSTS... HIS POST. UNDERSTAND? RE-POST. VERY SIMPLE. WE ARE TIRED OF YOU. 5000 POST OF AD NAUSEAM.

Sorry but you have to be more clear expressing what it is you want.... i can't even understand your capslock spasm you just experienced. WTF are you talking about?

We are inviting people here to talk about the merits of x11 above and beyond what we had before it. As yet there seem to be none.

Now along the way people have popped into to mention some additional facts.

1. dark coin was designed in a great way to enable instamining.

2. dark coin was launched without a windows qt  to stop competition from others so the instamine went more smoothly and was guaranteed success.

3. that the instamine seemingly went as planned..

a figure of 14% was mentioned .... i encourage others to look into that figure since i have not had time to do so....you know i've almost completed Streetfigher 4 on the hardest setting today and not taken more than 10% damage in any round. It's a fantastic game i would full recommend it to anyone. Yeah so once i finish this round i'll get cracking on the re-post you want....

Just to be clear before i get started....

Are you asking me to repost these facts in a new thread with a more appropriate title?  is that what you are asking me?...Ok sure i'll get right on it for you. Sorry to keep you waiting you seem to be getting impatient there my friend.

PhattyBanks

Activity: 644

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 12:40:14 PM

ASK THE DEV. AND RE-POST. VERY SIMPLE. IF YOU DONT, THEN YOU ARE FULL OF CRAP. NO MORE TALKING. YOU ARE THE ONE WHO STARTED THIS POST... NOW FINISH IT. RE-POST. NOT TALK. RE-POST. DO YOU UNDERSTAND? I WANT FACTS FROM HIS MOUTH AND RE-POST. NOT YOUR 5000 PLUS POSTS... HIS POST. UNDERSTAND? RE-POST. VERY SIMPLE. WE ARE TIRED OF YOU. 5000 POST OF AD NAUSEAM.

Sorry but you have to be more clear expressing what it is you want.... i can't even understand your capslock spasm you just experienced. WTF are you talking about?

We are inviting people here to talk about the merits of x11 above and beyond what we had before it. As yet there seem to be none.

2. dark coin was launched without a windows qt  to stop competition from others so the instamine went more smoothly and was guaranteed success.

Are you asking me to repost these facts in a new thread with a more appropriate title?  is that what you are asking me...Ok sure i'll get right on it for you. Sorry to keep you waiting you seem to be getting impatient there my friend.

we're saying to take the fight straight to the dev in the Dark ann, you can expose the scam like you did to Hiro. Remember how you made the price of Hiro go to the floor?
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 12:48:30 PM

2. dark coin was launched without a windows qt  to stop competition from others so the instamine went more smoothly and was guaranteed success.

Are you asking me to repost these facts in a new thread with a more appropriate title?  is that what you are asking me...Ok sure i'll get right on it for you. Sorry to keep you waiting you seem to be getting impatient there my friend.

ok cryptohunter, u obviously dont get it. people are tired of ur utterly frustrated posts every single day. u know what? yes, u are frustrated beyond belief, u certainly have issues- thats ok. but plz for the love of god stop ur endless blablablabla. its terrible. this constant mourning about what "is a scam" blabla, Quark is not scam blablabla
WE ARE FUCKING TIRED OF UR BULLSHIT. U see?  It is always the same bullshit, always the fucking same. U never bring anything new to the table, it is always the same old utter bullshit. Just fucking leave, omg. Get it once and for all

Wow the spokesman here for everybody, that's nice to meet such an important person. We this we that... must be nice to have the backing of the full board.

Hehe i like you, you're a spirited one. You just need to channel your energy into something more worth while.

Here i tell you what.... just for fun answer some of my bullshit questions and show me to be the crazy damaged mad man i am.

1. is it more efficient than qrk?
2. is it more secure than qrk?
3. is it more efficient than scrypt? or is the miner just crippled and can't use the full potential of the card?
4. are there more efficient miners already out for x11 that are more optimised?
5. is it more asic resistant that qrk?
6. is it more asic resistant that scyptN , scrypt jane
7. is it x12, x13, x99 going to be better? will we need to fork all of the coins over and over again?

Now since i see you're a dark coin fan.... i will rely on your expert opinion....as this thread seems to be taking an unwanted drk coin direction which was not at all my intention as i clearly stated in the OP.

1. was dark coin by design originally open to a massive instamine?
2. Was dark coin released without a windows QT?
3. Was dark coin instamined?

sorry about spouting boring bullshit over and over again... but you can clear this up rather quickly right now..... YES YOU EIGHTSPACES  you can answer all of these bullshit boring questions right now and save the board whom you speak for any more focus on these bullshit meaningless questions.

cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 12:55:24 PM

2. dark coin was launched without a windows qt  to stop competition from others so the instamine went more smoothly and was guaranteed success.

Are you asking me to repost these facts in a new thread with a more appropriate title?  is that what you are asking me...Ok sure i'll get right on it for you. Sorry to keep you waiting you seem to be getting impatient there my friend.

we're saying to take the fight straight to the dev in the Dark ann, you can expose the scam like you did to Hiro. Remember how you made the price of Hiro go to the floor?

Where is the dark coin dev?? i am awating his arrival? i don't want to sully his thread with pointed questions about x11. I'm sure he would prefer to come here and discuss right?

I mean it makes no sense for me to go there and invite a huge discussion about x11, what about all the noobs that never leave that drk coin thread?? why cast doubt into their minds regarding the substance of x11, and now this thread has turned against my will into and exposing of the instamine with drk coin that i was unaware of and now the helpful hint regarding it's lack of a windows qt at the start of the instamine??

He really wants all of that in his thread? really i think he would prefer to come here and clear these things up in person?

Are you dening HIRO SCAM COIN WAS AN PLANNED INSTAMINED SCAM COIN???  if so please post evidence that it was not a planned and perfect excuted scam. Also the 2 largest supporters of this coin we the 2 largest supporters of the biggest scam coin from the last wave.

I'm sorry but just because you can not take down to the ground a coin single handedly does not mean it was not a scam.  I can only try and highlight deliberate scams.

Of course we are to expect a lot of bluster and hatred from the supporters of these coins. However sadly for them they can not escape the facts.

This thread was initially about x11 no mention of hiro scam until others brought it up and then i only put the positive comment about drkcoin there because i didn't want the drkcoin fans crying in here either.

However you shills from hiro and drk keep forcing it to be a thread about the scammy instamined starts of your coins? are you proud of these facts or something?

PhattyBanks

Activity: 644

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 01:03:24 PM

the Hiro dev bought his own coins from me, I dont know why a dev would do that if he massively instamined it.
defaced
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1011

Franko is Freedom

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2014, 01:06:55 PM

Each of the 11 hashes adds overhead to the calculation which will cause a higher orphan rate.

Fortune Favors the Brave
Borderless CharityEXPANSEEXRAllergy FinderFranko Is Freedom
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 01:08:31 PM

the Hiro dev bought his own coins from me, I dont know why a dev would do that if he massively instamined it.

come now don't be silly about this... i don't want to go through the steps one by one showing without DOUBT that coins was a planned instamine scam.

This thread is about x11's merits. I will create another thread debating hirocoins scam if you want ....so we can discuss it there.

However this thread is just to discuss x11 not drk coin or hirocoin. I am asking about x11 the chained algo that is it. This is far more important to me right now because i do not want to fork coins i am invested in over to that if there is no clear advantage and have to fork again to another algo straight after.

cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 01:12:32 PM

Each of the 11 hashes adds overhead to the calculation which will cause a higher orphan rate.

thanks, so yet another unfavourable but factual point here.

This is what we need to know... just plain and simple facts regarding x11 before every single coin decides to fork over to this we need to examine it and weigh up the pros and cons of each alternative algo or algo chain.

cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 01:27:48 PM

The next stage of DarkSend

The design of Darkcoin is all about economic incentives, I've tried to bake as much of that in as possible. I've been thinking about the reliance on master nodes in our new design for securing the network and I see some room for improvement.

With the current design we will require 1000DRK to operate a master node. That requires you putting 1000DRK in a hotwallet (dangerous) only to collect the collateral fees which won't amount to much.

So what do we want?

- We want as many master nodes as possible (the more nodes the more secure the network)
- We want them to be profitable to run
- We want it to be very expensive investment to operate a master node

So I propose the following solution, each block the last master node will receive 10% of the mining reward (in addition to the reward given to the miner). So for example, if the mining reward was 19DRK the last master node will automatically receive 1.9DRK.

Good to see I did help. I helped you focus on a need apparently. That makes me feel good. Best of luck with it.

Full Disclaimer.
I personally dont give a shit about anything except this thread. AnonyMint knows his shit! Page 626 and below are worth a read on the DARKCOIN THREAD. I was thinking about dumping my Darkcoins, but this changed my mind. Im a fanboy of Darkcoin regardless of what the DEV says. Maybe the Dev wanted the linux guys to mine it because he thought they would appreciate its value more than the Windows users who may of dumped it? Who knows? I do know that AnonyMint is the real deal!!! Spoetnik does a drive-by, while this guy had everybodys ear. This thread kept me in long term. Btw... I also love my QUARKS!

A scam is a scam. No matter the amount of argument that will never change. I hadn't really notice dark coin has a start like that and have even mentioned probably a wise investment on many occasions in threads.

I am sorry to learn it's origins are so tainted.  However for now i don't wish to focus on drkcoin or anycoin. I think it is very important for the entire community to know all the FACTS about x11 before every single coin adopts that algo. I was even pushing hard for x11 in the communities i take part in.  However now it really does not look like the wise choice. If the dev comes in here and describes in detail why it is superior then great let's all hurry and get swapped over to it.

But come on be honest... most of the tech people in here whether they be coin designers, coders that have built miners, people that run lots of pools, ..... i am hearing NOTHING to suggest this is the best solution at all.

cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 01:29:40 PM

Cryptohunter... I have a lot of Quarks. It was my first altcoin. Are you telling me that Quark is flawless? Because we both know the truth. I own over 15 coins and they all have flaws. A lot of them are in the top 20 in Market CAP. PLease tell me which one doesn't and I will invest in it today. Im just a useless fanboy who doesn't know shit.

I am not telling you anything. I am asking the question SHOULD ALL COINS BE MOVING TO X11 RIGHT NOW OR BE RESEARCHING IT A LITTLE MORE BEFORE WE START FORKING EVERY SINGE COIN OVER TO THIS ALGO CHAIN.

This in not an investment thread nor one really to discuss any coin individually. I have responded to people bring up specific coins but the discussion was intended to be about x11 only and its merits to warrant hard forking all scrypt coins over to it. Hell there was even talk of some forced x11 switch on LTC. I don't want my crypto wealth all pushed over to some as yet untested mishmash of algos without some deeper investigation into it. How hard is this for people to grasp?? are you saying we should blindly move every single scrypt coin to x11 just because it sounds fancy?

Tell me some merits of x11 so i can get back to pushing for the scrypt coins i like to be moved to it at once.

If not x11, if not qrk, if not scrytn, perhaps myriads idea? scrypt jane who knows...

I can't believe as yet though we have not had ONE clear advantage of x11 over all previous algos and yet everyone is screaming for their coin to go x11??

I see nothing but people giving possible disadvantages... i am not a coder we need those that are smarter than 99% of us on this board to assist with making decisions. The communities are calling out for x11 but really they do not know why they are?

cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 01:37:56 PM

Who is saying this? what people are saying we should fork? Can you provide links?

come on really you have not seen the litecoin x11 thread?

start looking through  scryptcoin threads.... you will see people asking for x11 conversion.

People are looking for the best options to avoid asics......... they are running to x11 but should they be running in different direction. That is the question.

stick x11 in the search box in the ann section.... tons of coins now coming with x11 also.... it is the new fad based upon nothing it seems.

IloveAnonCoin

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 01:52:33 PM

I own so many coins and spend so much time reading and learning that I cant get to all the threads. I do know that Charlie Lee was going off the other day, and it caused me concern. All I know is Every thread has cheerleaders and haters. I am playing ALTCOIN roulette, because I have no idea who will be standing when most of these shitcoins die. VERTCOIN, DARKCOIN, QUARK, BLACKCOIN, HEAVYCOIN, COUNTERPARTY, PRIMECOIN, and a shit load of crapcoins. I own them all. All of them are flawed. Im lucky to have the resources to buy them. I am an investor still learning. I do know that there is a coin coming and when it does come we will all know it as the ONE! For now, we go with what we have. I hope you find out your answers. I welcome it, even though you are a little militant in your approach. Good luck, and I`ll say it again. Ask the Dev from Darkcoin. He is there all the time. Cheers.

X11 and SHA3 ( Keccak ) are not ASIC resistant at all, according to NIST (National Institute of Standards and Technology), if you want to become SHA3 candidate, you need to be able to create by ASIC. AND every algorithms in X11 used to be SHA3 candidate until Keccak win the competition and become SHA3.

Here is the paper : http://csrc.nist.gov/groups/ST/hash/sha-3/Round2/Aug2010/documents/papers/SCHAUMONT_SHA3.pdf

The whole point of X11 is to try and get the same network growth cycle as Bitcoin. Once Darkcoin is worth enough, people will invest the capital to create the ASICs. I never really had an issue with that, in fact that was the point of creating a new hashing algorithm, I think it will be healthy in the end to move to ASICs.

Replied from Darkcoin dev.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: