Right, it's not new — Z-tight is correct, it's been there from the start. The post was just a reminder: as MarryWithBTC's reply showed, not everyone knew about it, and some users were still worrying about sending the exact amount. Thanks for confirming it from your own swaps.
Thanks for posting it as a reminder, even though I knew, but these few replies should not become a barrier for you to post them or something similar next time. Maybe you can just add a little title above them like "a little reminder" or "note", like you added.
It should be added to the FAQ on the website just with the reply dex.fo answered here, something like:
- I didn't send the exact amount specified, what happens to my exchange?
- If the amount you send doesn't match your order, there's no need to create a new one. For example, you create an order for 0.5 BTC but send 0.55 or 0.45 BTC — the system automatically recalculates the order for the amount actually received.
There are plenty of users who send money from an exchange, and they start to think, what sum I send, if I withdraw .034 from a CEX to DEX.fo, do they take the fee from the amount so I end up sending the wrong sum, what happens, bla bla bla...
Better to have all the angles covered, one less useless conversation with support