Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 06:22:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 [400] 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 ... 696 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Cinni | Mandatory: Convert your Cinni to Stakecoin. Instuctions posted.  (Read 739043 times)
Mandevil

Activity: 324
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 02:45:53 PM

Ok this is how i managed to get my PoS working again after wallet update and also get back all my missing coins that where gone from my balance...

Credits for this go to "digit" and "fox19891989" who from their posts and help i managed to solve my problems, i just took their combined info to make a nice clean guide.

Restoring a old wallet.dat backup from before the update and then using the old wallet solves it, but also leaves all the rejected PoS coins from the new wallet visible. So the following method is a better way which will tidy up your wallet and fix all problems caused with balances and will have you staking coins without a problem.

You will need to have your wallet unlocked at all times to carry out this fix

1. In NEW wallet make sure CoinControl is active (settings>options>display). Then go to send coins and click inputs in CoinControl panel, from there click on list view. Scroll through the list and right click on each address displayed there and copy the address then post it in notepad.

2. Now you have got all your addresses including the hidden change addresses time to export the private keys. Open the console still in the NEW wallet (help>debug window>console). Type into the console dumpprivkey <CinniCoinaddress>, where <CinniCoinaddress> put your address here (example: dumpprivkey JVgfbKMk9MrdwZry7X6iCTunTtdS2h1fYP). Do this for each of the addresses you got in step one, after each dump your private key for that address will be shown in the console window, copy and paste each of these keys into notepad also best place would be below each of the addresses your copied earlier so you know which key is for each address.

3. Now you have all your private keys close the NEW wallet and download the OLD vesion from http://1.cinnicoin.com/get-started/ and also the blockchain from https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=573232.msg6866461#msg6866461 . Once you have both replace the NEW wallet exe with the OLD one you just downloaded, then go to AppData\Roaming\CinniCoin move the wallet.dat file to somewhere safe just in case something goes wrong, then delete everything from the CinniCoin folder except cinnicoin.conf if you use it. Then open the blockchain file you also downloaded and copy the two files into the CinniCoin folder.

4. Once all that is done open the OLD wallet, you will have a balance of 0 and a new address (dont panic). You will now need to import the private keys that you exported earlier, once again open the console (help>debug window>console) this time you will need the command importprivkey <CinniCoinprivkey> [label] , where it shows <CinniCoinprivkey> [label] you wil need to enter the private key you exported earlier and for label you can put anything you want that address to be called (example: importprivkey SR3MP8bJDAjl1GTnQ99ZoK13rSzwT3rTomotS8eEiFfgYLE8XMz8 WALLET 1) once you press enter after typing the command you will have to wait a bit and the wallet will seem like it is not responding, just be patient and after a while the key will have finished importing. Repeat this for all the private keys you backed up earlier.

5. Once finished importing all keys close and then open the OLD wallet your balance should now be correct and all rejected stake will have gone, the wallet will continue to stake correct also after this. You will need to stay on the OLD wallet for it to continue working and staking well.

+1 this just rescued some missing coins thanks much!

thanks for digging out that post Cheesy
i also uploaded a more up to date blockchain (synced upto block 159230) that can be used instead of the older one (its syncd upto block 111432)

Posted an updated blockchain for anyone wanting a faster sync.  Its complete up to Block 159230 (about an hour ago)

Code:
CINNI_BlockChain_2014-06-02_(159230).7z 90.6 MB
https://mega.co.nz/#!RBpj2KxS!vrin8Oz-cke5HbMvKk9FBP1m-X1TPQeZ0msdvbJDdD0

The main benefit of downloading blockchain like this instead of directly in wallet is to simply save ALOT of time if you are resyncing for some reason. This blockchain was downloaded completely using the most recent cinni wallet release and simply needs to be placed in the appdata or -datadir for your cinni wallet. After you starting the wallet and it has loaded it will carry on syncing from block 159230 to the latest saving time and avoiding the problems of a long resync like stucked blocks etc

please share your cinni ady Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
veritasBS

Activity: 122

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 02:49:17 PM

Announcement!

As promised, the encrypted messaging update will be released within ten to fourteen days. Included in this release is a one of a kind robust encrypted messaging system that is a first in crypto-currency. This system is a framework or protocol within the wallet that allows applications to be built upon it as needed by users. The release will have applications already built upon this framework, these applications will position CINNI as the leading crypto-currency in point of sale systems for both eCommerce and brick and mortar stores. (screen shots of the updated GUI will be available this week)

Included in this release are essential tools to conduct secure encrypted point of sale commerce and are all a first in crypto currency:

1) Encrypted messaging system in client with wallet to wallet messaging platform.
2) Encrypted order form sent wallet to wallet.
3) Encrypted invoice generation sent wallet to wallet.
4) Encrypted receipt delivery sent wallet to wallet.

Future release...est 3-6 weeks.

1) Combined wallet for both BTC and CINNI with multiple currency exchange rate support. (this will be the first ever in crypto-currency and will assist point of sale)
2) In wallet chat room.

Future release...est 4-14 weeks. (With this release we will become the best option in crypto-currency as a point of sale solution)

1) A second wallet designed as a "retail wallet" in addition to the "consumer wallet". This wallet is designed specifically for retail eCommerce businesses and is built on the encrypted messaging platform. (this will be the first "retail wallet" ever in crypto-currency and will lead to rapid merchant adoption of CINNI as a form of payment.)
2) Inventory management system for tracking supply in wallet client.
3) SKU number assignment with SKU pricing in wallet client.
4) Full receivables and reporting features in wallet client.
5) QR code generation in wallet client.
6) Export option into accounting software (i.e. Quickbooks, ect.)

Future release...est 12-18 weeks. (This will be an update on the routing of encrypted messages)

1) Optional anonymity features for "consumer wallet". This would allow for anonymity or (dark) send features similar to DRK coin or XC coin system.
2) Optional anonymization of data and messages. This system will use "messagenodes" combined with "masternodes" in the dark send feature. The "messagenodes" and "masternodes" will be paid in transaction fees and will be required to provide "proof of stake" by holding CINNI in wallets developing coin age (more details will follow).

Darkcoin and XC coin only anonymize half of the transaction (the actual transfer of payment). The communication between buyer and seller is left wide open and can be intercepted by a third party. There are ways to mitigate the communication risk however the communication risk to anonymity remains more significant than the payment risk to anonymity. The system being developed at CINNI will use the encrypted messaging system to allow CINNI to become the first ever completely anonymous transaction system.

AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 02:49:55 PM

Darkcoin and XC coin only anonymize half of the transaction (the actual transfer of payment). The communication between buyer and seller is left wide open and can be intercepted by a third party. There are ways to mitigate the communication risk however the communication risk to anonymity remains more significant than the payment risk to anonymity. The system being developed at CINNI will use the encrypted messaging system to allow CINNI to become the first ever completely anonymous transaction system.

Eh? There are so many third party encrypted systems to use, encrypted emails, browser plugins that offer encryption (say a merchant wants to generate an address for the client) etc etc. Why is this any issue really?

BUMP
damiano
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 02:50:22 PM

Announcement!

As promised, the encrypted messaging update will be released within ten to fourteen days. Included in this release is a one of a kind robust encrypted messaging system that is a first in crypto-currency. This system is a framework or protocol within the wallet that allows applications to be built upon it as needed by users. The release will have applications already built upon this framework, these applications will position CINNI as the leading crypto-currency in point of sale systems for both eCommerce and brick and mortar stores. (screen shots of the updated GUI will be available this week)

Included in this release are essential tools to conduct secure encrypted point of sale commerce and are all a first in crypto currency:

1) Encrypted messaging system in client with wallet to wallet messaging platform.

1) Combined wallet for both BTC and CINNI with multiple currency exchange rate support. (this will be the first ever in crypto-currency and will assist point of sale)
2) In wallet chat room.

Future release...est 4-14 weeks. (With this release we will become the best option in crypto-currency as a point of sale solution)

1) A second wallet designed as a "retail wallet" in addition to the "consumer wallet". This wallet is designed specifically for retail eCommerce businesses and is built on the encrypted messaging platform. (this will be the first "retail wallet" ever in crypto-currency and will lead to rapid merchant adoption of CINNI as a form of payment.)

Future release...est 12-18 weeks. (This will be an update on the routing of encrypted messages)

1) Optional anonymity features for "consumer wallet". This would allow for anonymity or (dark) send features similar to DRK coin or XC coin system.
2) Optional anonymization of data and messages. This system will use "messagenodes" combined with "masternodes" in the dark send feature. The "messagenodes" and "masternodes" will be paid in transaction fees and will be required to provide "proof of stake" by holding CINNI in wallets developing coin age (more details will follow).

I would like the XC dev to chime in and comment on the above
veritasBS

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 02:51:47 PM

Eh? There are so many third party encrypted systems to use, encrypted emails, browser plugins that offer encryption (say a merchant wants to generate an address for the client) etc etc. Why is this any issue really?

You think emailed invoices and receipts are anonymous?...they are not.
AlexGR
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 02:58:16 PM

Ok let me rephrase to give you an idea:

You go to a website, surfing with TOR or TOR-equivalents, to buy stuff with Darkcoins...

At that point the merchant must give you an encrypted channel where he can send you the address to pay to and where you can write where you want your stuff to be delivered / notes on the merchandise (I want it pink) etc.

What is more convenient? To open a popup in the browser which provides that encrypted channel for these details, or to say to the client "open your wallet client and I'll open mine, my id is Nick432 come and message me". This is like meeting in IRC. Lol.

Think about it.
veritasBS

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 03:10:51 PM

Ok let me rephrase to give you an idea:

You go to a website, surfing with TOR or TOR-equivalents, to buy stuff with Darkcoins...

At that point the merchant must give you an encrypted channel where he can send you the address to pay to and where you can write where you want your stuff to be delivered / notes on the merchandise (I want it pink) etc.

What is more convenient? To open a popup in the browser which provides that encrypted channel for these details, or to say to the client "open your wallet client and I'll open mine, my id is Nick432 come and message me". This is like meeting in IRC. Lol.

Think about it.
More convenient is an integrated solution. As stated..."There are ways to mitigate the communication risk however the communication risk to anonymity remains more significant than the payment risk to anonymity." From your posts I can see you are a DRK supporter...there is no issue that we have with DRK...the CINNI system builds on the idea of payment anonymity and closes the communication anonymity gap to provide the first complete integrated anonymous transaction system.
coerdy

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 03:12:11 PM

This means, that Cinni has much more potential then other crypto's.  If you want to be totally anonymous, then this is your coin

A coin has got to grow in it's technoligy, that's why Encryption is here to make a big hit!

Learn from the past, start a new future, this is the moment where everyone was waiting for.

AlexGR
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 03:17:23 PM

I'm a large believer in the entire anonymous market (and I own multiple anon coins) but I'm also skeptical of anything that tries to ride the DRK wave for pumping purposes - so excuse my questions if they seem to be defensive of DRK.

The end-to-end thing, that covers everything, is always impossible. For example, how do you meet in the encrypted communications system with the other party that you want to transact with?

Obviously the meeting in this system must be setup OUTSIDE of it, aka the non-encrypted world - so you leave a trail there. If I have to tell you in MSN or Skype "yeah let's go over the wallet messaging to talk", it's over. If I email you, it's over. If I text you it's over. Etc etc.

The only way to go around it is if we meet person-to-person in which case we don't even need an encrypted communication channel for the next phase. We are already in good privacy.

The practical alternative is what I described earlier with stuff like the website and the popup, where an on-demand encrypted communication channel opens up during the transaction.

=>

BTW, what's with all the pumping and repetitions of the same stuff?
elviselvis101

Activity: 573
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 03:21:56 PM

I have a file in the cinni roaming folder called "debug" and its getting very large, now at +30 GB. Why is this ? , not on other wallets I have, can I safely delete it ?
coerdy

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 03:25:26 PM

I'm a large believer in the entire anonymous market (and I own multiple anon coins) but I'm also skeptical of anything that tries to ride the DRK wave for pumping purposes - so excuse my questions if they seem to be defensive of DRK.

The end-to-end thing, that covers everything, is always impossible. For example, how do you meet in the encrypted communications system with the other party that you want to transact with?

Obviously the meeting in this system must be setup OUTSIDE of it, aka in the non-encrypted world - so you leave a trail there. If I have to tell you in MSN or Skype "yeah let's go over the wallet messaging to talk", it's over. If I email you, it's over. If I text you it's over. Etc etc.

The only way to go around it is if we meet person-to-person in which case we don't even need an encrypted communication channel for the next phase. We are already in good privacy.

The practical alternative is what I described earlier with stuff like the website and the popup, where an on-demand encrypted communication channel opens up during the transaction.

=>

Even if you say to the other side to go to the erncrypted messaging system, there will be no trail of what will be said afterwards. So no third party will ever know what will be going on inside.

It's as clear as it is ,  totally anonymous means,  no third party people.

Dark has it's own technoligy, but if you want to stay with dark, that's your choice. 'c ause dark will never get this private transactions like Cinni will have, i'm talking about communication AND transactions.

veritasBS

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 03:26:09 PM

Obviously the meeting in this system must be setup OUTSIDE of it, aka in the non-encrypted world - so you leave a trail there. If I have to tell you in MSN or Skype "yeah let's go over the wallet messaging to talk", it's over. If I email you, it's over. If I text you it's over. Etc etc.

=>

Did you not read the announcement? Let me recap for you exactly what the Encrypted Messaging Protocol allows us to accomplish...

2) In wallet chat room.

We have no interest in being the "anon" currency. The anon feature is just an additional feature brought by the Encrypted Messaging Protocol...CINNI is innovating as a point of sale solution. An attractive point of sale solution is how businesses decide to adopt a payment method.
AlexGR
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 03:29:52 PM

Dark has it's own technoligy, but if you want to stay with dark, that's your choice. 'c ause dark will never get this private transactions like Cinni will have, i'm talking about communication AND transactions.

The communication part is the (extremely easy) part and the encrypted communication tools is a saturated market anyway.

Integrating an encrypted messenger that one wrote from scratch would be like few days top.

Making anonymous transactions is not in the same league.

It takes months and years.

But some people prefer to use these stuff for P&D to blind the ignorant.

veritasBS

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 03:31:04 PM

The communication part is the (extremely easy) part and the encrypted communication tools is a saturated market anyway.

Integrating an encrypted messenger that one wrote from scratch would be like few days top.

Making anonymous transactions is not in the same league.

It takes months and years.

But some people prefer to use these stuff for P&D to blind the ignorant.

Did you not read the announcement? Let me recap for you exactly what the Encrypted Messaging Protocol allows us to accomplish...

2) In wallet chat room.

We have no interest in being the "anon" currency. The anon feature is just an additional feature brought by the Encrypted Messaging Protocol...CINNI is innovating as a point of sale solution. An attractive point of sale solution is how businesses decide to adopt a payment method.
AlexGR
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 03:33:38 PM

All that sounds "cool" but in reality it's just P&D material.

Enjoy your pump... I just had to correct some misconceptions.

Over and out from me.

rlm42

Activity: 490

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 03:35:41 PM

veritasBS don't get frustrated over these haters/sceptics, they will call it a pump and dump regardless of what you say because there money is tied up elsewhere.. but they do not really no much about about what is involved at all.
mitache365

Activity: 731

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 03:45:30 PM

=>

2) In wallet chat room.

your large post I can say in some words.. Dont dump your CINNI.

BTC
kelpa

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 03:47:57 PM

Is there a link to the OLD version of the Windows wallet? The mega link doesn't work and the other one goes to the cinni forum and requires you to login in with an account in order to get the direct link.
elviselvis101

Activity: 573

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 03:51:26 PM

I have a file in the cinni roaming folder called "debug" and its getting very large, now at +30 GB. Why is this ? , not on other wallets I have, can I safely delete it ?
kelpa

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 03:53:48 PM

Coin has a lot of potential, and is extremely undervalued..
Pages: « 1 ... 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 [400] 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 ... 696 »
  Print  

Jump to: