Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:31:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 [80] 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BITS][BITSTAR] POS ★ MULTIPOOL ★ ANON ★ In Wallet FIAT Exchange beta  (Read 151797 times)
Frostbite72

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 01:48:50 AM

...wondering whats going on. Wallet was fully connected to network this afternoon, and then watched this wallet loose all its network connections. Now it says 0 connections to network. I have closed and opened the wallet a few times in last few hours and won't reconnect to network.

Is anyone else having trouble?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
QuadraQ

Activity: 480
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 02:09:06 AM

...wondering whats going on. Wallet was fully connected to network this afternoon, and then watched this wallet loose all its network connections. Now it says 0 connections to network. I have closed and opened the wallet a few times in last few hours and won't reconnect to network.

Had that exact same issue a few days ago. Had to delete everything but my wallet.dat and the config file (which is optional, so you may not have it, I manually created mine) in the appdata/roaming/bitstar folder (windows), and then completely resync and run repairwallet in the debug menu after the full sync to get back all my coins. Kind of a pain, but it worked, and it's been perfect ever since.

NOTE: Make sure that you're on the latest wallet first!
Frostbite72

Activity: 100

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 02:18:25 AM

Had that exact same issue a few days ago. Had to delete everything but my wallet.dat and the config file (which is optional, so you may not have it, I manually created mine) in the appdata/roaming/bitstar folder (windows), and then completely resync and run repairwallet in the debug menu after the full sync to get back all my coins. Kind of a pain, but it worked, and it's been perfect ever since.

NOTE: Make sure that you're on the latest wallet first!

Yeah I am on latest Mac wallet. Has been working fine for a week or so since I installed it but all the sudden, nothing....
Alexkiddleb

Activity: 66

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 04:15:15 AM

Nope, 6 active connections here.
_theone

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 07:34:31 AM
Last edit: August 03, 2014, 11:27:34 AM by _theone

just connected again... seems fine. perhaps use connect=seed3.bitstarcoin.com in config file and delete peers.dat. instead of full resync.

ps dev. maybe do a checkpoint release as well on next release.

zzz
Bitstar_coin (OP)

Activity: 2422
Merit: 693

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2014, 04:10:08 PM

Sorry for the lack of updates this weekend, been busy trying to get the new service ready for today,  I'm very close but don't think It will be today any more, as always happens none crypto work took longer than expected this week and then the services code took a bit longer on each stage, but better to get it right first time than cause issues later.

I'm down to 4 last things to implement and test, so expect to see the update this week, and as I have said before, this is only the first part, will give more information on the next stage when we release the update.

Multipool wise, due to the lack of use again payouts have slowed to a crawl as I cannot meet the minimum for trades, there should be a payout tomorrow though.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
Mark81

Activity: 313

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 07:12:03 PM

Sorry for the lack of updates this weekend, been busy trying to get the new service ready for today,  I'm very close but don't think It will be today any more, as always happens none crypto work took longer than expected this week and then the services code took a bit longer on each stage, but better to get it right first time than cause issues later.

I'm down to 4 last things to implement and test, so expect to see the update this week, and as I have said before, this is only the first part, will give more information on the next stage when we release the update.

Multipool wise, due to the lack of use again payouts have slowed to a crawl as I cannot meet the minimum for trades, there should be a payout tomorrow though.

Nice job dev! I'm glad for the day I found BitStar and reason for that is that you deliver what you promise. Recent episode with onyxcoin shows how easy is to be scammed in cryptomarkets. There dev dumped premined coins and investors got hurt. This is for everyone out there looking BitStar: This Dev is trustworthy. Here market determines what Bits is priced and dev doesn't want to be part of the hype what we investors so easily do. Thanks dev all the work!
jakiman
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1011

jakiman is back!

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 01:23:04 AM
Last edit: August 04, 2014, 01:57:09 AM by jakiman

I'm still voting whenever I can on Crypto-Trade. Grin
https://crypto-trade.com/voting

They add both BTC & USD pairings to the winning coin so it would be good for BITS to have a BITS/USD trading pair on a decent exchange.

InitialDat

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 05:00:10 AM

It happened to me a while back. Delete everything but wallet and config file. Download bootstrap from Bitstar's reddit page and place it in appdata along with your wallet and conf. Let it sync and it should be back to normal.

Mine's been working flawlessly ever since.
amingo51

Activity: 115

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 05:15:53 AM

funny every single coin now claims anonymous transfer Grin
jakiman
Legendary

jakiman is back!

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 05:53:38 AM

funny every single coin now claims anonymous transfer Grin

There is a big difference on how it is implemented though.

Bitstarcoin added the centralized model just as a "me too". It was never really promoted or bragged about though.
But a small(?) part of the Stage 2 update is to decentralize its function. If that happens, it will be more special.
I don't think anon is the big news anyways... Something more unique is coming for Stage 2 I believe... Smiley

_theone

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 07:08:05 AM

call it bitsend Wink

zzz
Mark81

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 08:15:38 AM

They add both BTC & USD pairings to the winning coin so it would be good for BITS to have a BITS/USD trading pair on a decent exchange.

Bitstar is now on second place. Everybody keep voting! Voting will stop on 18th August and first two will granted place on market!
_theone

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 09:31:32 AM

it will be added 18th. so on the 18th we will have a direct usd/bits market.

zzz
jakiman
Legendary

jakiman is back!

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 09:32:27 AM

Bitstar is now on second place. Everybody keep voting! Voting will stop on 18th August and first two will granted place on market!

I'm pretty sure that all of that 60 votes that BITS has is by me. Cheesy
Only those who have at least made 3 trades there can vote.

_theone

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 09:35:07 AM

well the system only has a few users, less than 1 btc volume... so i cannot imagine the system is profitable. maybe we should start tweeting about the platform when bits is added. thanks jakiman for the voting.

zzz
jakiman
Legendary

jakiman is back!

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 09:51:16 AM

well the system only has a few users, less than 1 btc volume... so i cannot imagine the system is profitable. maybe we should start tweeting about the platform when bits is added. thanks jakiman for the voting.

Yeah. It used to have few hundred BTC trade vol there few months back. Not now.
But it recently got upgraded to the new V2 platform and exchange now looks great.
Anyways, I just thought it would be nice to have another exchange & with USD pair. Smiley

jakiman
Legendary

jakiman is back!

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 10:09:47 PM

call it bitsend Wink

Any new feature should have a catchy & easy to remember name to it. It works. Look at Apple. Tongue
So yeah, marketable name is definitely recommended when releasing the new Stage 2 features.
e.g. BitstarMarket, BitstarExchange, BitstarSend, BitstarCommunity, BitstarTrade etc etc.  Grin

jakiman
Legendary

jakiman is back!

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 11:02:54 PM

Quick summary on upcoming Stage 2 for the newcomers Grin Grin

We're now working on a new unseen feature, should have more news in the next week or so.  But won't announce it until it is ready.

Unseen feature is slightly delayed due to a dev pc dyeing and this chain sync issue, still expect 1-2 weeks before I'm ready to announce, not going to let on what it is early and risk somebody else doing it too though.  

I have thought about anon, but i have put that on hold for now as it seems like another "me too" feature, I'll reconsider it after the feature I'm working on now is complete if the community still really wants it.

I'll just leave this here....

... more info coming soon

sneak peak..

It may not be a "game changer" (is anything so far really?), it does make the wallet a whole lot more professional and useful in the real world applications which is the whole point, we can then start pushing it to be taken as a real world payment and it also hooks in to a lot of new plans we have coming not too far in the future.

It may not be a "game changer"

Ok, I want to clarify a few things here about what is happening with BITS, as I'm sure many of you are perking up at the idea of the coin finally being recognised for the commitment and effort the dev has been consistently giving these last few months.

Firstly, I'm not part of the dev team, I'm just someone who threw a few ideas at him a while back to see how he would run with them as this coin has always struck me as solid, but oh-so-quiet.

I have to say, right out, I absolutely disagree with his comment that the new features will not be a "game changer". In my honest opinion, I believe they are going to do exactly that, for BITS and, when they can figure out how to do it, other coins that will no doubt want to snatch some ideas from the new BITS wallet.

Whilst I do not feel it is my place to discuss the specifics of what is coming, I am able to confidently state that some of the new features will blow your tiny minds.

To give you a better idea of the direction I believe this coin project is going to go in, I would say look towards those other, more well-known coins, that are bringing value-added services to their stable in order to provide better functionality and greater utility. Whilst some of the new features will be centralised and managed by the dev, for now, the long term goals are to incorporate them into p2p decentralised structures.

I am sure you will recognise that it is far more valuable to have the features made available now that can bring so much more value across the board, to this coin, than to hold back and wait until the p2p advancements allow them to be implemented.

Whilst some coins are obsessing about Anonymous transactions, the rest of us just want something we can use, that we can play with and create a market for. That isn't to say that Anon isn't going to happen, it's just not what is going to elevate this coin above the rest.

Speaking of Anon, I had already mentioned to the dev that his continued anonymity might cause some reservation in those who would otherwise back the project and, like most of us, whilst he did think about it, he has said he *really* would rather not have to 'out' himself on the internet. I think this aspect is still a little controversial but I do absolutely understand, given the nature of some of the psychologies on display around this forum.

What I would say, instead, is that maybe we need to help him out ourselves in this regard and find some people who would be willing to become the public face of this project. That way he could privately communicate with them and keep his personal details offline, while the coin would gain a better image.

No, I'm not doing it, you lot are 'mostly harmless', but some are batshit crazy. Cheesy

So, now you know that things are definitely going to step up a gear, it's time for you to do a little more than HODL, you are going to have contribute ideas and make a little effort to allow the dev to do his dev thing while the promotion and marketing and whole 'social network' stuff, can be down to the rest of the BITS community.

Thanks for the replies, Yes I may have undersold the new wallet features a little, mainly because I've seen so many times other coins over hyping features and I didn't want to accidently over hype it as we want to be a stable currency.

Like cryptodevil says, it is a big feature and it will open up bits so much and will move it forward and I do think a lot of other coins will try and copy or emulate it, hence the secrecy of the new features.

Yes I don't personally want to give out my ID, like most on here I like my privacy.  I would understand people asking for it early on when we had a lot of premine left, but I think we've proven many times we're here for the long term.  

Some of the new features will not be decentralised to start with, so to allay your fears I can tell you we have 3 main people working on the coin and also some other people helping with other services.  The 3 main people have access to keep this coin going no matter what.

Regarding promoting the coin, this bit is always the hard bit to get right, we tried huge give aways to start with, but that didn't seem to help, we then did large give aways on the multipool, again not a massive change, we've had a lot of offers of paid for adverts etc, but I've so far not answered any of these, maybe we should have gone via this method.  If any of you like this idea, we can set up a wallet btc and/or bits for donations towards paying for advertising.

Thanks for your continued support, now back on with coding...

Whilst I can confidently state that this coin has a bright future, I am going to ask that the dev continue to do as they have done so far, in not setting dates for project milestones.

I'm sure we've all seen what happens in both coin threads and market prices, when a date is given for a particular update to be released, namely, the short-term speculators start circling and the price gets pushed all over the place artificially. Should there be any delay to a scheduled milestone, the whole place goes insane with panic sells and threads being spammed with rabid demands for action or, my personal pet hate, incessant trading-related memes.

This completely drowns out the rational discussion that would otherwise be taking place about the project.

The new wallet is coming very soon. That's all you need to know right now and that's all you will be told right now.

After it has been released there will be other milestones announced for the next stages of the project, which will also not be given specific dates.

As an asides, I wouldn't worry too much about getting the coin onto other exchanges. You'll see what I mean in due course.

Mark81

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 10:42:15 AM

Hi Dev! Is the Multipool Btc per Mhash displaying correct information? They seem to be quite high atm.  Roll Eyes
Pages: « 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 [80] 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 »
  Print  

Jump to: