Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 10:40:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED] Spondoolies-Tech SP30 pre-order - Specs: 0.69$/GH + 0.46W/GH  (Read 42886 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
RoadStress (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 07:40:13 PM

Just because somebody doesn´t publically complain doesn´t mean he is satisfied with his situation. The statement in reference to his person was only meant as an example.
The post you have linked to actually seems to be more on my side of the argument, stating that he finds it unusual for groupbuys (shipped by the manufacturer and with only one unit as the lowest order) to offer such massive discounts.

I took to the forums because I thought spondoolies would reply to my inquiries in a publically verifiable manner, and wanted to provide anyone in the similar situation food for thought.

Although I don´t see it as logical that you are content with paying twice the price for your slightly earlier sp30, maybe justifying a higher price of around 20%, I am glad for you.

I have now sent them an email to try and get a response on the topic.

It might have been wrong starting this on the forums.
However, i wanted to point out the sort of problems that come with surprisingly big discounts, as it leaves a bad taste in the mouth for everyone who assumed to have gotten a good deal before.
I therefore think this deserves an honest discussion.

Again, we are talking about a 50% price reduction here.

Well if someone doesn't publicly complain AND they also don't complain directly to the company then it means that they just accept their situation. The link that I gave actually states that he has an early bird bundle and he is ok with it and that he doesn't demand anything. Again I'm in the same position as him. As for "slighty" earlier it's a good 2-3 weeks earlier. Time in Bitcoin-Land is very very valuable.(it's 2 difficulty jumps apart)
I think that we have clarified this so I don't see any reason to just keep discussing this here.

Group buy has just 2 hours left. Let's end it as smooth as it went the whole time.

Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 07:59:36 PM

Hope you get to 700 Smiley

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
Guy Corem
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1051

Spondoolies, Beam & DAGlabs

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2014, 08:03:24 PM

@spondoolies

Will there be some kind of bonus for the guys who bought the first sp10/sp30 bundle? They payed around 9000$ per sp30 and those are now only 4500$.

These are your most loyal customers, who trusted you from the start and put their money where their mouth was.

Essentially they payed double the amount for only 2 weeks earlier delivery....

By the way is this a theoretical question or you are really in this position? Speaking in 3rd person is a bit confusing.
I am really in this position but i also (think I) speak for everyone who is in the similar one.

I also know of a community member who bought more than 10 early bird bundles and he essentially just gifted them in excess of 45000$ if they dont provide any bonus/ coupon etc.

Edit: as far as i know "anarchy" ordered 22 bundles at list price. You can probably see that for us customers, this doesn´t amount to any small sum.

I hope you don´t see me as some troll who asks hypothetical questions like what would happen if the world were flat... This is a serious sum and hence a very valid concern and question for many of us.

You are the only one that has complained so far. I have a bundle just like you and i'm fine with it, and it seems that there is someone else in my position too: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=521520.msg6478207#msg6478207
I don't see you as a troll. I asked for clarification because of the way you expressed your problem. If "anarchy" ordered 22 bundles and doesn't complain then it means that he is satisfied with his choice. As far as i see it you are the only one that has an issue with this so there is no need to point it to other customers.
I am not arguing with you, but why don't you send them an e-mail to sales@ to try to work this out?

Just because somebody doesn´t publically complain doesn´t mean he is satisfied with his situation. The statement in reference to his person was only meant as an example.
The post you have linked to actually seems to be more on my side of the argument, stating that he finds it unusual for groupbuys (shipped by the manufacturer and with only one unit as the lowest order) to offer such massive discounts.

I took to the forums because I thought spondoolies would reply to my inquiries in a publically verifiable manner, and wanted to provide anyone in the similar situation food for thought.

Although I don´t see it as logical that you are content with paying twice the price for your slightly earlier sp30, maybe justifying a higher price of around 20%, I am glad for you.

I have now sent them an email to try and get a response on the topic.

It might have been wrong starting this on the forums.
However, i wanted to point out the sort of problems that come with surprisingly big discounts, as it leaves a bad taste in the mouth for everyone who assumed to have gotten a good deal before.
I therefore think this deserves an honest discussion.

Again, we are talking about a 50% price reduction here.

March SP10 + July SP30 are completely different products from May SP10 + August SP30, with or without group buy prices (which won't return)
Having said that, if you're unsatisfied, please contact sales@

New Mimblewimble implementation: https://www.beam.mw
Spondoolies is now part of Blockstream: https://blog.blockstream.com/en-blockstream-mining-builds-momentum-with-spondoolies-acquisition/
Kaspa is a POW cryptocurrencty which implements GhostDAG protocol: https://kaspanet.org/
HeavensDDC

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 08:42:55 PM

Hi....
Just sent some PMs to you & Roadstress....

Bulk Order SP10's
« Sent to: Spondoolies-Tech on: Today at 08:22:41 PM »
Quote  Reply  Delete 
Hi...

Just sent this Message to Roadstress but he appears to be offline now...

Can you please help me get Order in for 2 of these?  Thanks....

Hi Roadstress...
Only found out about these yesterday.

Interested in the Offer made here.... Can you please sent me what I need to know & what I need to do.... thanks!

Only just now found your post... I am in  Oregon.
See the deadline is today... hope I can do something...
Please let me know...

If is easier... please phone me [Phone Numbers in the PM]... thanks

HeavensDDC
Guy Corem
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2014, 08:47:56 PM

Hi....
Just sent some PMs to you & Roadstress....

Bulk Order SP10's
« Sent to: Spondoolies-Tech on: Today at 08:22:41 PM »
Quote  Reply  Delete 
Hi...

Just sent this Message to Roadstress but he appears to be offline now...

Can you please help me get Order in for 2 of these?  Thanks....

Hi Roadstress...
Only found out about these yesterday.

Interested in the Offer made here.... Can you please sent me what I need to know & what I need to do.... thanks!

Only just now found your post... I am in  Oregon.
See the deadline is today... hope I can do something...
Please let me know...

If is easier... please phone me [Phone Numbers in the PM]... thanks

HeavensDDC

Last minute Smiley

The PM explained it all: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=575499.msg6278744#msg6278744

Spondoolies is now part of Blockstream: https://blog.blockstream.com/en-blockstream-mining-builds-momentum-with-spondoolies-acquisition/
Kaspa is a POW cryptocurrencty which implements GhostDAG protocol: https://kaspanet.org/
Biffa
Legendary

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 08:58:41 PM

Maybe different? He seems to be talking about a sp10 group buy?

Anyway he pmed me add well wierdly.??

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Guy Corem
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2014, 09:02:00 PM

Maybe different? He seems to be talking about a sp10 group buy?

Anyway he pmed me add well wierdly.??

0.2 BTC sent ...

HeavensDDC

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 09:16:05 PM

Hi Again...

Sorry for my sending requests....

Knew time was running out...

Have just sent 0.2001 BTC to BTC Address on page 1.... in my trying to get there I missed the obvious on page one... my apologies....

Problem I have now is sending a PM to RoadStress as he does not have the Button to PM out the side?Huh

Appreciate any help you can give... as you can see I am pretty new to all this.   Grin Grin Grin
Guy Corem
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2014, 09:23:45 PM

Hi Again...

Sorry for my sending requests....

Knew time was running out...

Have just sent 0.2001 BTC to BTC Address on page 1.... in my trying to get there I missed the obvious on page one... my apologies....

Problem I have now is sending a PM to RoadStress as he does not have the Button to PM out the side?Huh

Appreciate any help you can give... as you can see I am pretty new to all this.   Grin Grin Grin

RoadStress will guide when he'll be online again. Don't worry.

HeavensDDC

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 09:34:19 PM

Thanks All....

Have figured it out...

Just sent PM to RoadStress...

Phew... only minutes to go!!!!  Appreciate your help!   Grin Grin Grin
Grix

Activity: 536
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2014, 09:42:33 PM

I thought I was done with mining for good when I canceled my Neptune preorder. I must admit, feels pretty good to be back in the game!

BTC: 1Fahk2aa4NS4Qds4VDAL4mpNArDEdV2K5K
LaserShowGen Laser Show Software
Helios Laser Show Hardware
sahkan

Activity: 203
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 10:00:36 PM

I hate to rain on this great pre order parade here, but every single pre order I had (starting with BFL) did not work out for me so I try very, very hard to stay away from them. So it is just my personal opinion that when these SP10s start arriving in May they will be worth around $1800 even though $3K sounds great atm ... not to mention the August stuff that's probably almost 4 months away. And just to give everyone a quick example: My Bitmain S2 batch 1 at $3899 shipped out 1 April, today 8 May shipping for batch 4 is $2199...
Biffa
Legendary

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 10:10:08 PM

I hate to rain on this great pre order parade here, but every single pre order I had (starting with BFL) did not work out for me so I try very, very hard to stay away from them. So it is just my personal opinion that when these SP10s start arriving in May they will be worth around $1800 even though $3K sounds great atm ... not to mention the August stuff that's probably almost 4 months away. And just to give everyone a quick example: My Bitmain S2 batch 1 at $3899 shipped out 1 April, today 8 May shipping for batch 4 is $2199...

Yes but this group buy has nothing to do with SP10's Smiley

Thanks All....

Have figured it out...

Just sent PM to RoadStress...

Phew... only minutes to go!!!!  Appreciate your help!   Grin Grin Grin

Still 49 minutes left!  Lips sealed

hardhouseinc

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

Most Advanced Crypto Exchange on the Blockchain

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2014, 11:07:15 PM

I am talking about the very first bundle batch, who payed 14000$ for an sp10 and sp30, that values the sp30 at 9000$.
(Back then there wasn´t any 10%off for ppl having other orders etc.)

I was only wondering wether there would be some kind of bonus for these, most loyal customers who now see themselves in the situation of having overpayed by the factor of 2 on the sp30.

I like steep discounts like the next guy, but these existing customers might feel mistreated.

I got one bundle like that too, but remember that we should be getting our SP30 before everyone else so we should be able to mine some bitcoins before the big increase in difficulty. I/miners always paid a premium for getting in the first batches. (paid 7k$ for a batch 1 Jup and 5k$ for batch 2 Jup and even if the second batch was faster, i got my first one earlier so i mined at lower diff)

They say two weeks now.....
https://forums.butterflylabs.com/blogs/bfl_josh/386-monarch-update-30-april-2014.html#comment8332
Lets see.  Who knows, could cause a big increase....

▄▄▄▄
            ██████▄▄
            ██████████▄
            ████████████▄
       ▄▄███   ▀▀█████████▄
    ▄███████       ▀███████▌
  ▄█████████         ▀██████▌
 ▄██████████           ██████
▄███████████
████████████
████████████
████████████
▀███████████
 ▀██████████           ██████
  ▀█████████         ▄██████▌
    ▀███████       ▄███████▌
       ▀▀███   ▄▄█████████▀
            ████████████▀
            ██████████▀
            ██████▀▀
            ▀▀▀▀
|
CRYPTOCIRCLEX
THE MOST ADVANCED CRYPTO EXCHANGE ON THE BLOCKCHAIN
|

██ ██
███████████▄
  ███   ▀▀███
  ███     ▐██
  ███    ▄███
  ██████████▄
  ███    ▀▀███
  ███      ▐██
  ███     ▄███
████████████▀
    ██ ██
    ▀▀ ▀▀
#Forum ANN

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█  ▀▀     █ ▀█▄
█  ▀▀▀▀   █   ▀█
█         ▀▀▀▀▀█
█      ███▄    █
█   ▄██  ▀██   █
█  ▐███        █
█  ▐███        █
█   ▀██  ▄██   █
█      ███▀  █ █
█          ▀▀▀ █
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
#Whitepaper

▄█████
   ████▀▀▀
   ████
   ████
██████████
▀▀▀████▀▀
   ████
   ████
   ████
   ████
   ████
   ▀▀▀▀
#Facebook 

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
#Twitter         

█▄▄              █▄▄
█████▄▄         ██████▄▄
████████       ████████ █
████████ ██   ████████ ██
████████ ███ ████████ ███
████████ ████ ██████ ████
████████ █████ ████ █████
████████ ▀█████ ██ ██████
████████    ▀▀██  ███████
▀███████         ▀███████
   ▀▀███            ▀▀███
       ▀                ▀
#Medium     

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████████
▐███████████████████████████▌
▐███████████  ▀█████████████▌
▐███████████     ▀██████████▌
▐███████████     ▄██████████▌
▐███████████  ▄█████████████▌
▐███████████████████████████▌
 ███████████████████████████
 ▀█████████████████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
#YouTube   

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

#Telegram
|
Biffa
Legendary

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 11:15:08 PM

Finito! Looks like 376 or 377 maybe... darn on missing the 700 Sad

RoadStress (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 11:24:52 PM

They say two weeks now.....
https://forums.butterflylabs.com/blogs/bfl_josh/386-monarch-update-30-april-2014.html#comment8332
Lets see.  Who knows, could cause a big increase....

Two weeks is actually a trademark owned by BFL. Unfortunately after ~5500BTC donated to thermos this forum doesn't have a proper search function so can't help you with any links.

As for performance we've heard it before. Showing a picture where they draw random lines everyone can make. Where is the real actual hardware? If they have it in hand and actually performing they should show it instead of a random picture. But enough BFL.

bitmanaus

Activity: 31

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 11:36:29 PM

Are you talking with chances??

Aren't we all? Unless you have a magic crystal ball then you don't know what the future will hold.

Since you won't take the bet let's revert to name calling. If SP-Tech delivers on time and on spec i will call you as i wish(maybe troll). If SP-Tech won't deliver on time and spec feel free to call me as you wish. Deal?

Sorry I didn't know the bet was directed towards me. I'd be happy to take the bet but not for 1btc. That is too much for me to gamble especially because I think that out of all the asic manufacturers, SP has the best chance of delivering on time and on spec. But I still find it unlikely.

So if you want to bet here would be my terms:

- 0.1btc donated to seansoutpost (loser pays)
- SP must deliver their entire August batch no later than 1 week after August.
- SP30 specs must reach a minimum of 5th/machine and 0.4w/gh (efficiency must be reached above 5th)

Deal?

LOL? So wait. First you claim that they won't deliver in time and in spec and now you chicken out? Let's make it 0.5 BTC+free name calling. 0.4w/gh? How did you came up with that? It's not what they announced and it's not in their specs. If you agree on 0.5w/GH then we can do it, but you are requesting a better efficiency than advertised. Minimum 5TH and 0.5w/gh and we have a deal.

Indeed, we're at 0.35 W/GHs at the ASIC level and below 0.5 W/Ghs at the system level (Working on our DC2DC design so we'll be below 0.45 W/Ghs at the system level)

I've mistaken in reading jimmothy post. I've assume he is referring to below 0.4 W/GHs in the ASIC level.

We got final post layout engine results from GUC.
The ASIC is at 0.35 W/GHs, which means that the system is at 0.43 W/GHs

Under 2700 Watt (total from the 2 PSUs), the system will be ~6.3 THs
Our commitment is still to 5.4 THs +- 10% as published in the web site.

does this mean that with upgraded power supplies we will be given the option to go to ~6.3 THs ? Would this be something Spondoolies would offer as an upgrade option? I take it the power supplies in the SP30 are server supplies rated at 1200watts each and by the looks the just click and slide out, will you be supporting specific replacement PSU's and allowing software overclocking? Smiley
RoadStress (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 12:08:19 AM

does this mean that with upgraded power supplies we will be given the option to go to ~6.3 THs ? Would this be something Spondoolies would offer as an upgrade option? I take it the power supplies in the SP30 are server supplies rated at 1200watts each and by the looks the just click and slide out, will you be supporting specific replacement PSU's and allowing software overclocking? Smiley

I think that you will have 6.3 TH/s by with the default PSUs. And yes the PSUs are server rated and they are click and slide out.

RoadStress (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 12:08:25 AM

Group Buy EXTENDED for 1 more day !!! Due to the high amount of reservations during the last 24 hours i will extend this Group Buy for another 24 hours!

Biffa
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 12:11:14 AM

Did someone really order 37 today?  Cool

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: