Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 12:58:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Ann] Safecoin maidsafecoin  (Read 76456 times)
MemoryShock

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 04:12:12 AM

I don't understand the reason for issuing Maidsafecoin and then exchanging it for Safecoin once the network is active...why not just issue Safecoin once the time is right?

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
  I/O DIGITAL
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
iodigital.io & iocoin.io

█████████████████
███████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████
█████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
seek4dream

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 04:12:29 AM

Backers will receive 17,000 MaidSafeCoins per bitcoin
Backers will receive 3,400 MaidSafeCoins per mastercoin
---from  http://buysafecoins.com

This means 1msc=0.2btc,how did they decide the exchange rate?
As I know, 1msc=0.08btc before this released, why don't they let the market decide the rate?
I think this is a way to let the msc big holders to sell them msc high.
Maybe something deep inside the project. Sad

Either price is ridiculous.
Chang Hum (OP)

Activity: 714
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 04:19:25 AM

Yeah I do agree with most of the comments above to be fair, project looks awesome though it's a bit shame about the mastercoin side of it and early project launch, Saying that I've bought a load of mastercoin as it's going to go to whatever price they say it is when $10m rolls through
provenceday
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 05:19:22 AM

The sale event will run until ten percent of all safecoins (429,496,729) are sold or 30 days have passed

The owners claim (and it's probably true as they've been running a large team for 8 years so far without a commercial business) they have around $8million already lined up so could easily finish in the first week, I've bought my Mastercoin while the price is still low and I'm going in for a massive amount on this I think it looks amazing.

Also if you have a look at how the funds are held and allocated in the whitepaper, it's probably the least greedy business plan in the world.

ok will buy some, thanks Chang Hum for the information thread.
Chang Hum (OP)

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 05:25:44 AM

The sale event will run until ten percent of all safecoins (429,496,729) are sold or 30 days have passed

The owners claim (and it's probably true as they've been running a large team for 8 years so far without a commercial business) they have around $8million already lined up so could easily finish in the first week, I've bought my Mastercoin while the price is still low and I'm going in for a massive amount on this I think it looks amazing.

Also if you have a look at how the funds are held and allocated in the whitepaper, it's probably the least greedy business plan in the world.

Good to share the info, Cheers Buddy
crimealone

Activity: 644
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 06:11:02 AM

As I know, 1msc=0.08btc before this released, why don't they let the market decide the rate?

They will tell you that MSC is awesome, it's 2nd generation crypto curency....blah blah

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
crimealone

Activity: 644
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 06:12:56 AM

what is the role you play in maidesafe?

He is not just sharing info. He also want people to buy msc

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
eastwind_ja

Activity: 910

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 06:21:59 AM

Who can translate  this thread to chinese , It's too complicated to understand.

fgtlss

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 07:35:55 AM

wow
 come on baby Grin

Get Daily Free SignatureCoins. Sm2HXeroFtVQSij285cQXDVoqVisL9RFZW
ddwy758

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 08:01:18 AM

Good idea, I hope you succeed!

Simakki

Activity: 697

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2014, 08:02:49 AM

My btc address : 1HuN7HxBn6Ae76MsojMgtKsV6CMvzE2fJx

Have somebody tried to calculate market cap for this coin ?

Check out Betsikingi
for betting tips and for https://betsikingi.info/vedonlyontibonukset-vedonlyontisivustot and Unibet TV for sports live streaming!
Chang Hum (OP)

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 09:51:19 AM

what is the role you play in maidesafe?

investor, surprised not to find a thread for it so thought I'd start one.

Edit and want people to buy mastercoin for this as crimeonone says above, it's true! Roll Eyes
Chang Hum (OP)

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 09:54:16 AM

My btc address : 1HuN7HxBn6Ae76MsojMgtKsV6CMvzE2fJx

Have somebody tried to calculate market cap for this coin ?

$10 million from fundraising, $12.5 at the last set price (17000 per bitcion), with 90% more coins to be farmed by contributers to the system over 10 years
sammy007
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 12:31:31 PM

Post your bitcoin address as giving away 10 Maidsafe to the first 50 comments on Tuesday after launch to get the discussion going!!!
 Shocked

this is bannes by the bitcointalk forum rule?

Fixed, didn't realise that guess I can't do the promo Sad

You can, look at addresses in signatures.
BldSwtTrs
Legendary

Activity: 861
Merit: 1010

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 12:39:19 PM

Will MaidSafe foundation raise BTC and MSC, only BTC or only MSC?

As far as understand MSC sent will be automatically convert to MaidSafecoin so they should only have MSC on this side of the fundraising, and BTC sent will be manually convert to MSC which will be convert to MaidSafecoin but I don't understand if the foundation finds itself with BTC or MSC on this side of the fundraising?
Chang Hum (OP)

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 01:28:30 PM

Will MaidSafe foundation raise BTC and MSC, only BTC or only MSC?

As far as understand MSC sent will be automatically convert to MaidSafecoin so they should only have MSC on this side of the fundraising, and BTC sent will be manually convert to MSC which will be convert to MaidSafecoin but I don't understand if the foundation finds itself with BTC or MSC on this side of the fundraising?

I was wondering this too I'm selling off a few of my mastercoins until I get a bit of a clearer understanding of these things, try asking here https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/maidsafe-development
Chang Hum (OP)

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 02:27:50 PM

Sorry guys thought to save anyone investing on the back of what I've said the whole thing looks mad on close inspection, I think it's a scam but in a bizzare twist it looks like the naive libertarian "business man" (I put in comas because it's clear he's only worked under funding before) has been duped by the mastercoin foundation!!

Anyway I've managed to Dump all my 700 odd mastercoin at a big loss. Looks like David the director has been conned into paying $10m usd asset issuance by mastercoin foundation scum!(equiv $1 on counterparty hahaha). Shame would have loved to invest clever guy (in one way) and great project. Hard to believe someone so clever can be so stupid but check out the facts yourselves.
sixteendigits

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 03:51:52 PM

Sorry guys thought to save anyone investing on the back of what I've said the whole thing looks mad on close inspection, I think it's a scam but in a bizzare twist it looks like the naive libertarian "business man" (I put in comas because it's clear he's only worked under funding before) has been duped by the mastercoin foundation!!

Anyway I've managed to Dump all my 700 odd mastercoin at a big loss. Looks like David the director has been conned into paying $10m usd asset issuance by mastercoin foundation scum!(equiv $1 on counterparty hahaha). Shame would have loved to invest clever guy (in one way) and great project. Hard to believe someone so clever can be so stupid but check out the facts yourselves.

Please summarize and post links to these facts we should check out ourselves?  I too purchased MSC specifically for the purpose of this IPO.

MSC is certainly controversial, I have never held any until today, and I would have preferred to see the funding done through XCP but if all the maidsafecoins are sold during the IPO, this in no way gives mastercoin foundation $10 million.  Maidsafecoins created for this IPO will all be exactly the same thing regardless of whether you bought them with BTC or MSC.  When the SAFE network launches, the maidsafecoin will be exchanged with safecoins on a 1:1 basis.  If you don't want to trade or move your maidsafecoins in the meantime, you never have to touch MSC.  My understanding is you will just have to wait until safecoin is launched, download masterchest, swap your maidsafecoin for safecoin, and you can forget MSC exists after that if you so desire.  Simply because they are using MSC as a vehicle to hopefully raise $10 million in no way shape or form gives the mastercoin foundation $10 million.

Just curious if you know something I don't or if this is FUD, because if you have further information on why I should avoid this IPO, I would greatly appreciate hearing it.
tacotime
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 03:54:14 PM

price manipulation 2.0, featuring the mastercoin foundation

Just curious if you know something I don't or if this is FUD, because if you have further information on why I should avoid this IPO, I would greatly appreciate hearing it.

because the IPO is designed to pump mastercoin price and someone can simply fork maidsafe and the token system because it's open source?

Code:
XMR: 44GBHzv6ZyQdJkjqZje6KLZ3xSyN1hBSFAnLP6EAqJtCRVzMzZmeXTC2AHKDS9aEDTRKmo6a6o9r9j86pYfhCWDkKjbtcns
MemoryShock

Activity: 728

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 03:57:57 PM

Please summarize and post links to these facts we should check out ourselves?  I too purchased MSC specifically for the purpose of this IPO.

MSC is certainly controversial, I have never held any until today, and I would have preferred to see the funding done through XCP but if all the maidsafecoins are sold during the IPO, this in no way gives mastercoin foundation $10 million.  Maidsafecoins created for this IPO will all be exactly the same thing regardless of whether you bought them with BTC or MSC.  When the SAFE network launches, the maidsafecoin will be exchanged with safecoins on a 1:1 basis.  If you don't want to trade or move your maidsafecoins in the meantime, you never have to touch MSC.  My understanding is you will just have to wait until safecoin is launched, download masterchest, swap your maidsafecoin for safecoin, and you can forget MSC exists after that if you so desire.  Simply because they are using MSC as a vehicle to hopefully raise $10 million in no way shape or form gives the mastercoin foundation $10 million.

sixteendigits is right.  I don't think that this is a scam, I just have a few basic questions.  If I tried to answer my own question from the last page, I would venture to guess that having Maidsafecoin prior to the launch of the network allows for people to trade it if they decide that they want to try for their investment back...It's unique is my point.

These guys have been working a very long time and they have been very open...pretty legit in my opinion.

Edit - Yeah...defer to tacotime abve.  Valid concerns...

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
  I/O DIGITAL
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
iodigital.io & iocoin.io

█████████████████
███████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████
█████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: