Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 04:14:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Ann] Safecoin maidsafecoin  (Read 76471 times)
Elokane

Activity: 817
Merit: 1000

Truth is a consensus among neurons www.synereo.com

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2014, 01:00:22 AM

How come no MaidSafeCoins are available on the Masterxchange market yet?

Synereo: liberating the Internet from abusive business models.

Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart, he dreams himself your master.
<br>
inBitweTrust

Activity: 658
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 01:02:14 AM

The crowdsale was fair in the sense that anyone who wanted could have bought all MaidSafeCoins and since the crowdsale was closed due to the total amount of sold tokens, I think it's actually unfair to say "the rules and promises were broken".

Nevertheless: I'm not yet sure, if I should be happy or sad about today. Smiley

Very interesting definition of Fair, while you are technically correct that Maidsafe made no restrictions on themselves being able to purchase ~50% of the remaining coins in order to resell them for BTC, you have to admit that many investors didn't expect such market manipulation and lost big time because of David's quick purchase.

Very sad state of affairs where many are left feeling cheated.

hamiltino

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

P2P The Planet!

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 01:11:15 AM

Congratulations Dirvine and the maidsafe team on the successful IPO, you guys deserve every bit of it. I have faith maidsafe will catalyse the movement towards a decentralized internet.

Successful ipo? Are you kidding?
Don't you see people's complaint?

Success in terms of the amount of money they raised, not in terms of how fair the IPO was. In the long run, You missing out or not  has no effect on the construction of the SAFE network.

stacking coin
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 01:15:45 AM

Developer Pool =/= Maid Safe developers, these are bounties for third party developers.

This is a 10% IPO with a 15% Developer Pool.  That means 75% of the coin is premined in a Ripple fashion.  Although we have reason to suspect that Maidsafe dumped all their mastercoins to buy their own IPO, so the premine could be as high as 80%.

That means less than 5% of all the coins in circulation will be traded.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
alnoor1231

Activity: 276
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 01:15:52 AM

Sooo, anybody know where I can check my safecoin balance?

-Al
r3animation

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 01:17:03 AM

Developer Pool =/= Maid Safe developers, these are bounties for third party developers.

This is a 10% IPO with a 15% Developer Pool.  That means 75% of the coin is premined in a Ripple fashion.  Although we have reason to suspect that Maidsafe dumped all their mastercoins to buy their own IPO, so the premine could be as high as 80%.

That's pretty far from whats happening. I think you need to read up alot more.
TaunSew

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 01:22:04 AM

http://www.safecoin.io/

Then you need to read it again.  It's all on there.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
r3animation

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 01:23:52 AM

Then you need to read it again.  It's all on there.

Then you would know that the 15% dev pool will be taken from the 10% IPO with the 90% left for miners (or POR).
TaunSew

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 01:25:31 AM

Then you would know that the 15% dev pool will be taken from the 10% IPO with the 90% left for miners (or POR).

Link me that information then.  You're pulling stuff out of thin air.  All those POR rewards are likely from transaction fees.  It's a premine coin.

r3animation

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 01:32:15 AM

Link me that information then.  You're pulling stuff out of thin air.  All those POR rewards are likely from transaction fees.  It's a premine coin.

Search this thread. 2 pages back if you need a hint.

Read the whitepaper also instead of being a know-it-all.
TaunSew

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 01:52:40 AM

Link me that information then.  You're pulling stuff out of thin air.  All those POR rewards are likely from transaction fees.  It's a premine coin.

Stop making stuff up.  Link or begone.

That guy had nothing to do with Maidsafe and he was speculating.  There is a genuine white paper on the net if you're interested in actually reading it.  I read their whitepaper long before you became a bagholder for a worthless coin.

This is a premine scam.  75%+ premine and then they lied and stole money from people through MSC.

r3animation

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 02:04:28 AM

Link me that information then.  You're pulling stuff out of thin air.  All those POR rewards are likely from transaction fees.  It's a premine coin.

That guy had nothing to do with Maidsafe and he was speculating.  There is a genuine white paper on the net if you're interested in actually reading it.  I read their whitepaper long before you became a bagholder for a worthless coin.

This is a premine scam.  75%+ premine and then they lied and stole money from people through MSC.

Well, why don't you link me instead to your Ripple theory.

And I really doubt you read the whitepaper in the first place.
TaunSew

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 02:10:31 AM

Ripple does operate on the same thesis of Safecoin, in that they would 'release' coins but that never happened.

It's extremely unlikely Safecoin will release much of any of their 75% premine to the "farmers".  It's a real world corporation which has operating expenses and is looking for quick money, it makes no sense to pay 'farmers' anything beyond market rate for decentralized servers

r3animation

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 02:14:16 AM

Ripple does operate on the same thesis of Safecoin, in that they would 'release' coins but that never happened.

It's extremely unlikely Safecoin will release much of any of their 75% premine to the "farmers".  It's a real world corporation which has operating expenses and is looking for quick money, it makes no sense to pay 'farmers' anything beyond market rate for decentralized servers

No proof I guess.

Since you're so lazy to search, I guess I have to spoon-feed you.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=579797.msg6338610#msg6338610
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 02:14:26 AM

It's extremely unlikely Safecoin will release much of any of their 75% premine to the "farmers".  It's a real world corporation which has operating expenses and is looking for quick money, it makes no sense to pay 'farmers' anything beyond market rate for decentralized servers

Man you are really clueless.   Even in Bitcoin, miners or farmers are always paid the market rate!

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Patel
Legendary

Activity: 1321
Merit: 1007

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2014, 02:17:44 AM

When is the safe network gonna launch?

People just blindly throw their money at IPOs in hope of gains when there isn't even a launch date set for the SAFE network as far as I know.

If launch is a year or two away (I hope not), the price will be a steady decline until then.
crimealone

Merit: 251

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 02:23:24 AM

How can this coin keep a foothold in open source community based on trust? You promise and then deny in succession. You change the rule at will because you found that you may became the final mastercoin bag holder. It's dev's fault, but you let people who believe in you bear all this shit! Why don't you offer your proportion to people who buy mastercoin at masterxchange.com to smooth over your fault? You just stop to accept mastercoins on benefit of yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Technically, the coin was sold out. David bought all remaining and is now selling to BTC buyer. So you can't complain because you like to sleep. Maidsafecoin is hotter than Iphone6. Use an alarm clock.

I was watching maidsafe's ipo from the start and I know this project for about a half year.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
crimealone

Merit: 251

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 02:32:16 AM

This project reminds me of mtgox.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
thehun
Legendary

Activity: 1212
Merit: 1037

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 02:40:39 AM

I click "send" (near my MSC balance), then I verify the address, fulfill Amount, Fee, and To, and click "Prepare". It says: "Not enough bitcoin funds on addresses" which is false (I should have enough bitcoins to cover the fee, right?)
here the same...
 Angry
Another guy said something about needing 0,015 BTC in his account in order to send MSC, I don't really know anything about how it works though.

Either way the MSC address is closed or in the process of being closed for donations, so even if you manage to send your transaction you'll just get it returned.

nick.lambert    
3:37 PM (21 minutes ago)

The crowd sale is now closed to MSC, still open for BTC @ 1KHfLixa2idRnZXMUfEisBati1vpywaH6E
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Nick Lambert
www.maidsafe.net
Twitter: @maidsafe

Might be time to try cash out of MSC, but I'd wait for David Irvine's official response that he posted about first..

Still in fast mode so forgive typo's and grammar

Well what a morning! I cannot think of any other with so much drama and excitement. We started a little late as we had to wait on a certain block appearing on the blockchain to start the whole thing off. That was bad enough. Then we got the block and pushed go on the websites.  

We were all in the office ready to get involved and as soon as the site showed up some got in, others were stunned at the immediate influx of bitcoins. It was incredible, I had to go home to transfer mine, but was distracted for ages looking at the screen and wondering how all these people knew and how much belief there was. This seemed to hit home more than all the praise and good comments we get on line. This was peoples total belief and right there in front of me, surreal and very humbling.

We then seen the Mastercoin blockchain explode and this will initially amazing, then it was very fast. A mastercoin block explorer site showed the sale as sold out and that was then delight into shock.

This was due to the fact MSC holders just send to an issue address and MSAFE are automatically returned. BTC hodler though had to send to a BTC address where they are collected in the background and manually xferred to MSAFE. I was in shock, all those BTC inputs had not been processed, we are all shut out (all in the office to). That was not great.

I then was straight on to the Master protocol guys (also all nighter for them) and said is this all true, have we sold out in a couple of hours? We had not, in fact it was less than 50% (Still a huge amount).

Then I was outside thinking and thinking, what is happening this is too fast, the MSC holders are at great advantage and BTC supporters are going to be disadvantaged a lot. We cannot type quickly enough for this to even out. At this rate no BTC person will get in and they will miss out. We never seen this level of support coming.

I quite quickly decided that we would use all of the MSC loan fund we had been given for the sale and buy all the remaining MSAFE. Rather than manually doing a few steps in the background we would simply transfer the MSAFE to BTC holder on confirmation of any deposit. This removed a few steps.  

We debated, is this fair, is everyone included etc. and realised, what about the bonus, the 40% sliding bonus for everyone, we cannot manually calculate that, it would be a nightmare. Then it came together, we buy all remaining MSAFE with the loan fund and everyone gets the bonus, regardless of when they get in. Then we are all in the same boat, the faster MSC people and the BTC people. It means we raise less, but more importantly for us it means the system level out and we are all on the same playing field. People know me and me search for equilibrium the whole time.

This is what we have done, it reduces the back office steps, ensures BTC backers are looked after and not squeezed out. MSC backers got in at almost equal footing as BTC (almost 50% / 50%) and we all win. The BTC goes ahead and the MSC people got in fast and made their purchase.

This is now amazing as BTC is pushing along nicely and people can be assured the panic is over and the sale is as fair as it can be. Many would argue MSC is not 50% of the coin base etc. but I think none of us realised how fast and furious this sale would be. It is unbelievable.

It means SAFE can go on strongly now, we can fund core dev, create Builders (the 10% dev pool part is unlikely to be allocated, instead the network will allocate these safecoin to Builders who produce apps people use etc.). The developer pods across the world who will compete with MaidSafe on core dev can be established and the network seeded. This is a pivotal moment for us all.

I hope all of you were as taken aback as we were, but not as shocked at trying to figure out a mechanism to include everyone.  

So please bitcoin backers, take comfort, your orders are being processed and will be fine now. We did panic with the false reporting of a site etc. but it was a good warning, we need to make sure everyone is equally treated and looked after. So now we all get to become involved, we all get the ~40% bonus and many many more people and supporters are part of this project.

Thanks everyone and sorry for the frantic start, I hope it is calmer now and continues on it's strong footing.

We will publish the number of MSAFE remaining on safecoin.io and you will see this one the blockchain in our backers holding account (address to be published) on the blockchain. This will be simpler now and I must say again thanks to the Master Protocol team, they were just amazing and Craig Sellars in particular is a guy you want beside you when things move at this speed.

So BTC all the way now, until we post the sale is over on safecoin.io, at that time any BTC will be refunded back to the sending address.

Thanks again everyone, it's a pleasure to be part of this community, I cannot wait to get back to work though and get the network up and testnet 1 running.

David Irvine

Ok so from here I infer that all of us who sent BTC today are still in and we'll eventually get our SAFEs, right? Or am I missing something?
CounterpartyCapital

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 03:10:47 AM

Hello friends  Cool there is a trading thread here now  Tongue you know   Shocked

I just opened one! Grin https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=580928.msg6348002#msg6348002
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: