Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 06:39:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Ann] Safecoin maidsafecoin  (Read 76456 times)
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 05:34:53 PM

Safecoins are a completely separate currency? Not running on top of Bitcoin?

Yes.   Runs on its own network and some equivalent of a block chain.

In this IPO round, appears that $6-$7 million was raised.  (It could actually be less if you factor in price of MSC after the sale).

So the float is miniscule relative to other alt-coins.

And I am guessing the IPO is over?

No.  Still needs to reach 7341 BTC.   

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
mr_random
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 05:50:37 PM

Safecoins are a completely separate currency? Not running on top of Bitcoin?

Yes.   Runs on its own network and some equivalent of a block chain.

In this IPO round, appears that $6-$7 million was raised.  (It could actually be less if you factor in price of MSC after the sale).

So the float is miniscule relative to other alt-coins.

And I am guessing the IPO is over?

The IPO is still going until up to  7341BTC
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=579797.0

Is that the final limit or are you going to increase it again at the last second like you did at 6000BTC?

Not trolling, I have invested. Just wondering where we stand.
drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 05:57:45 PM

If the IPO releases 10% of all safecoins, then how will people farm out their resources when they can no longer generate new safecoin?
prophetx
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1010

he who has the gold makes the rules

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2014, 06:06:25 PM

If the IPO releases 10% of all safecoins, then how will people farm out their resources when they can no longer generate new safecoin?

once the full 100% are farmed out, then the subsidy is gone and the leanest nodes make the most profit from providing storage services for safecoin from people who take more than they give.

pretty simple concept just like the old ftp upload/download accounts that would limit you if you were a leech, except now you can throw them some virtual coin and get your upgrade.
Chang Hum (OP)

Activity: 714
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 12:38:46 AM

Where can we see the balance of our address? And how is it possible to send msafecoin back and forth?

https://masterchest.info/wallet.aspx to look up your address

Simplest way is hard wallet and a car, otherwise you can download bitcoin qt + counterwallet you'll get the info off that masterchest site

I have it running, but can´t see a single msafecoin
I also invested from blockchain. How can I see the coins in this case?

Sorry mate, they did announce this was being launched the same day as the exchange so assumed it worked

Nothing worked out in this ipo like it should.
Besides the fact that some morons are now millionairs, haha.

Wow someone who might actually get it pigs really can fly! Smiley
Mastercoin is supposed to be at .2 all month during this fund raiser.  It is a real shame that it is back down to .1.  That 'fix rate' trick failed miserably.  It made a very tricky market in the few days up to the launch - and then everything was bullshit.  I lost a lot of money because of that bullshit move.  Mastercoin can't play those games and expect no consequences.  That price fixing royally favors those in the 'know' and screws honest people just trying to operate within the rules.  

I am responsible in part for Chang losses.  I told him all would be right with .2.  I sure didn't know Irvine would close MSC funding and send the price back to .1 in the middle of the night.  That was one expensive lesson.  I hope Chang didn't lose as much as I did because he was rightfully apprehensive when I told him to have faith in Mastercoin.  No more price fixing schemes which backfire to serious financial losses.  I call bullshit!

I appreciate the sentiment, but we were just barking normal bullshit trading on opposite sides of the fence banter at each other I've only got myself to blame for my own risk assessment here I thought I'd get out in time, like you say went crazily fast (which is ironically what I was saying would happen a few days before on their google dev page!). Of course in terms of what was agreed what's legal here I've asked for a refund today based on the fact they're insisted on changing the market place in a small market with low trading volume, discontinued the bonus (although they adamantly argue that giving everyone a 40% bonus isn't the same as giving no-one a bonus).  It's the worst smelling thing in cryptoland since kapeles lost 10% of the worlds bitcoins last month!  Grin
jago25_98

Activity: 900
Merit: 1000

Crypto Geek

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2014, 12:54:47 AM

Is there actually any code behind this project?
Is any of https://github.com/maidsafe/MaidSafe/tree/master/src actually not from the freenet project?

"What stage is MaidSafe at right now?  At https://github.com/maidsafe/MaidSafe/wiki/Roadmap I see that, over a "local static network," that "Login/Logout via MAID keys" and "Store/Get data chunks" currently work.  Okay, but surely that's not all, because I also see..."
from: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/maidsafe-development/vnJFdUdll7E

I have to say, if there is literally nothing to invest in... this is the best business plan ever! Raising $6M already - can't imagine that on Dragons Den.

When I heard about this I was happy to see that the thought even exists. And indeed I might even buy a few to support the idea of the project. If they have this much cash then if I were them I would at least spend a small amount trying to start the project.

Here is what Maidsafe claim :

A new p2p Internet. Free and decentralised.

Here is what it is (so far) :

A copy of a 14 years old open source project named freenet.
A centralized closed source software that need you to trust the staff not to look at your data and sell it to NSA.
An incentive to centralize all the network because of the competition for money. As a consequence, your data could be deleted and lost.
An unfair IPO at a fixed max amount that force people to send in a hurry without checking the project.
A huge pump&dump manipulation for MasterCoin.

It seems to me someone planned this out to make personal profits.

Bitcoiner since the early days. Crypto YouTube Channel: Trading Nomads | Analyst | News Reporter | Bitcoin Hodler | Support Freedom of Speech!
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 01:48:01 AM

Is any of https://github.com/maidsafe/MaidSafe/tree/master/src actually not from the freenet project?

"What stage is MaidSafe at right now?  At https://github.com/maidsafe/MaidSafe/wiki/Roadmap I see that, over a "local static network," that "Login/Logout via MAID keys" and "Store/Get data chunks" currently work.  Okay, but surely that's not all, because I also see..."

I have to say, if there is literally nothing to invest in... this is the best business plan ever! Raising $6M already - can't imagine that on Dragons Den.

When I heard about this I was happy to see that the thought even exists. And indeed I might even buy a few to support the idea of the project. If they have this much cash then if I were them I would at least spend a small amount trying to start the project.

A centralized closed source software that need you to trust the staff not to look at your data and sell it to NSA.
An incentive to centralize all the network because of the competition for money. As a consequence, your data could be deleted and lost.
An unfair IPO at a fixed max amount that force people to send in a hurry without checking the project.

http://www.manta.com/ic/mt6qtfq/gb/maidsafe-net-ltd

It's a very small business of six people.  Maybe only two to three developers. Everyone just gave these people millions of millions of dollars.  In contrast, their revenue is only around $400K and (after paying employees and expenses) was previously, likely, making no profit (it may had even been going into the red but only the company's accountant would know).

Maidsafe has been in development for 8 years and, as you claim, we could tack on another 6 years if it's a copy of freenet.  That's fourteen years of vaporware.  IT Corporations have all those operating expenses and high six figure salaries they have to dole out, so this may had been a brilliant move to secure funding for the next decade(s).

Only thing people have received are these Maidsafecoins (proxy token coin) and people won't get their SAFE coins (real coin) until the SAFE networth is launched (if ever).

That quickly results in a scenario where, if this stuff is vaporware, everyone is stuck with worthless Maidsafecoins which will plummet in value when people give up waiting for a vaporware project.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
Chang Hum (OP)

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 03:18:50 AM

Take a look at this and report back! doesn't really mean anything to me:

https://github.com/maidsafe/MaidSafe-API/tree/next
 https://github.com/maidsafe/MaidSafe/wiki/Running-Tests

"What stage is MaidSafe at right now?  At https://github.com/maidsafe/MaidSafe/wiki/Roadmap I see that, over a "local static network," that "Login/Logout via MAID keys" and "Store/Get data chunks" currently work.  Okay, but surely that's not all, because I also see..."

4jefflee

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 03:32:00 AM

Where can we see the balance of our address? And how is it possible to send msafecoin back and forth?

Simplest way is hard wallet and a car, otherwise you can download bitcoin qt + counterwallet you'll get the info off that masterchest site

I appologize for the noob request here, but could use a little help. Can folks clarify for me how to check my maidsafecoin balance from the masterchest wallet in detail? I bought with btc out of a multibit wallet and do not understand what I plug into the masterchest wallet inorder to see my maidsafecoin ballance...

4jefflee

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 03:39:08 AM

Hello,

Where should my safecoins be right now?
I sent some BTC and i don't know if my coins are related to the Mastercoin wallet linked to my bitcoin wallet.
Can someone help me out?

Thank you!

Did you get any help with this? I'm in the same boat, but can't find any clear instructions other than you should be able to check the balance with the Master chain wallet...
ejinte

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 04:02:27 AM

I appologize for the noob request here, but could use a little help. Can folks clarify for me how to check my maidsafecoin balance from the masterchest wallet in detail? I bought with btc out of a multibit wallet and do not understand what I plug into the masterchest wallet inorder to see my maidsafecoin ballance...

Type in your address here: https://masterchest.info/default.aspx
It might not have arrived if you can't see it yet

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
  ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦   
0.6%-1% House Edge
kooke

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Bitcoin super-duper-mega-ultra-hyper-node

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 04:03:45 AM

Who are these people throwing large amounts of btc at this?

It'll probably get released in 2 weeks, much like another company's product.

udecker

Activity: 142
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 05:43:01 AM

Hello,

I sent some BTC and i don't know if my coins are related to the Mastercoin wallet linked to my bitcoin wallet.
Can someone help me out?

Thank you!

Did you get any help with this? I'm in the same boat, but can't find any clear instructions other than you should be able to check the balance with the Master chain wallet...

Posted on the first page of this thread is a note that says BTC purchases will be receiving their MaidSafeCoin shortly, once the script to automate the sending of 1000+ tx worth of MSAFE to the correct addresses is complete.  MSC purchasers already have their MaidSafeCoins, as the process is automatic when using the Master Protocol directly.

If you sent with BTC and the funds do not appear in the balance of your address using masterchest.info, then they have not yet been sent by MaidSafe.

Craig

]
awrelll

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 07:22:40 AM

Thank you Craig Smiley
Hello,

Can someone help me out?

Thank you!

Posted on the first page of this thread is a note that says BTC purchases will be receiving their MaidSafeCoin shortly, once the script to automate the sending of 1000+ tx worth of MSAFE to the correct addresses is complete.  MSC purchasers already have their MaidSafeCoins, as the process is automatic when using the Master Protocol directly.

If you sent with BTC and the funds do not appear in the balance of your address using masterchest.info, then they have not yet been sent by MaidSafe.

Craig
dexX7
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2014, 07:31:32 AM

Just curious, is this the reason for creating many 0.05 BTC outputs? https://blockchain.info/address/1NpScs5QhqmSeV6FZUdGUFvVVfQGbuBV3Y

superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1121

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 08:42:55 AM

"What stage is MaidSafe at right now?  At https://github.com/maidsafe/MaidSafe/wiki/Roadmap I see that, over a "local static network," that "Login/Logout via MAID keys" and "Store/Get data chunks" currently work.  Okay, but surely that's not all, because I also see..."
Take a look at this and report back! doesn't really mean anything to me:
 https://github.com/maidsafe/MaidSafe-API/tree/next
 https://github.com/maidsafe/MaidSafe/wiki/Running-Tests

There is NOTHING in the github !! Come on, you don't need to be a tech to see it.
It is empty and the few line and blabla could be written in 10 minutes.
Even if they show you a bit of something, this is nothing else that the copy/paste from : https://github.com/freenet/

Where are the many years of development ? I waiting for someone to show me gigabyte of code.
Where are the 3.5 millions dollars ? In their pocket and you'll never see it again.

Treat me like a troll, I don't care. You know that I'm pointing at a big problem here.
The project is amazing, I admit it but we are talking about millions of dollars, it is not just the project. They don't need millions dollars sent in 12 hours to make this project.

To finish with the project... you know what will be the very first use of this anonymous p2p dropbox ? childporn.

davidpbrown

Activity: 531
Merit: 260

Vires in Numeris

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2014, 09:21:02 AM

Just curious, is this the reason for creating many 0.05 BTC outputs? https://blockchain.info/address/1NpScs5QhqmSeV6FZUdGUFvVVfQGbuBV3Y

Not sure where you got that address.. the MSC collection address was https://blockchain.info/address/1ARjWDkZ7kT9fwjPrjcQyvbXDkEySzKHwu
 but obviously don't use this address now..

0.05555 mBTC received there relate to the MSC transfers.

@superresistent try looking at academic works and patents rather than github! http://scholar.google.co.uk/scholar?hl=en&q=maidsafe&btnG=&as_sdt=1%2C5&as_sdtp=

฿://12vxXHdmurFP3tpPk7bt6YrM3XPiftA82s
Chang Hum (OP)

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 09:31:58 AM

They don't need millions dollars sent in 12 hours to make this project.

Maybe that's why they gave over half the funds raised as asset issuance to mastercoin holders  Grin
dexX7
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2014, 09:32:14 AM

Not sure where you got that address.. the MSC collection address was https://blockchain.info/address/1ARjWDkZ7kT9fwjPrjcQyvbXDkEySzKHwu
 but obviously don't use this address now..

I assume this address will be used to do the MaidSafeCoin transfers to BTC holders.

This is based on the amounts and already made transactions from the spreadsheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1r4fv57JDNkW55P5dnwPmHF3rOhdt1Jn5I2DZFuZfmfU
https://masterchest.info/lookupadd.aspx?address=1NpScs5QhqmSeV6FZUdGUFvVVfQGbuBV3Y

Thanks for the warning nevertheless! Smiley

lamosty

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 10:02:37 AM

If i send my btc now will I get the 40% bonus still? Can I make another payment (first one was sent two days ago)?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: