Bitcoin Forum
June 07, 2024, 04:08:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Ann] Safecoin maidsafecoin  (Read 76465 times)
awrelll

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 02:49:12 PM

Can anyone tell me what's my mastercoin adress??
stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 02:59:06 PM

Can anyone tell me what's my mastercoin adress??
What do you think it is?
awrelll

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 03:11:54 PM

oh cmon... i have no clue even with my masterchest wallet installed and masterchain account.
dexX7
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2014, 03:17:53 PM

oh cmon... i have no clue even with my masterchest wallet installed and masterchain account.

The Masterchest Windows wallet is not yet capable of handeling smart properties, but zathras is working on it for some time now. The way to go is currently masterchest.info and test.omniwallet.org I think.

There is a sort-of tutorial for Omniwallet:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1tpkuW_BfL63fn3KKv3uVnZ8xj5HiRz7ePM8VXp5isBQ/edit?pli=1

And all related issues have a high priority on GitHub and will eventually be fixed.

STP stands for ... SmarT Property. Grin It's simply an attempt to say "units".

WildCats

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 03:27:48 PM

Ok, so this is how this played out...

It is totally obvious to anyone following this that MaidSafe team trusted MasterCoin Foundation to set up their IPO for them (aka David Johnson of MasterCoin Foundation/BitAngels)

MSC was trading at around .08 BTC before this.

Why would David J of MSC foundation think that it's a fair way to run an IPO to give more than twice the ROI in MSAFE for MSC holders than for BTC holders?
Obviously because he had a lot of MSC.

Then David J of MSC foundation acts surprised that most donations came through MasterCoin when they gave double the reward to MasterCoin.

Either David J of MSC foundation is a complete and total idiot for expecting that this would be a fair and smooth way to operate an IPO or he is a scammer/opportunist/profiteer.

I don't think David J is that much of an idiot.

David J of MasterCoin Foundation SHOULD BE IN PRISON.  If you think this was above board, I have bridge to sell you.

All this is separate from the value of MaidSafe software.
MaidSafe has software that they worked on for a long time on, but I think monetizing it with a cryptocoin is new to them and they are obviously new to crypto and didn't see things that most people saw would be obvious.

Maidsafe has to defend MSC now because it is holding a ton of MSC... too bad for such unethical behavior.  Holding a fair IPO in BTC (much more liquid than MSC) would not have been hard, if you think the purpose of this crap was anything other than profiteering, get real.
Momimaus

Activity: 767
Merit: 500

Never back down !!!

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 09:26:19 PM

Maybe someone can help me.

I have my maidsafecoins on the btc blockchain. So I see them on masterchest.info

I have a masterxchange account, but I can´t send them directly, isn´t it?

So I tried masterchain.info wallet.  I added the BTC-address from which I paid the maidsafcoins with BTC.
But I cannot see the coins there. Would should I do now? Put somewhere the privatkeys in or what?

Then I tried omniwallet. If I create a view-only address, then I can see the maidsafes, but I can´t import the keys.

I have the following keys: Hash160; PrivBase58; PrivHexBE; PublicX; PublicY

Can someone help me?

CoinTracking.info - Your personal Profit / Loss Portfolio Monitor and Tax Tool for all Digital Coins
CoinTracking is analyzing all your trades and generates in real time tons of useful information such as the profit / loss of your trades, your balances, realized and unrealized gains, reports for tax declaration and many more. For Bitcoin and over 3000 altcoins, assets and commodities.
Get 10% discount for all packages or create your own affiliate link to get 20% for every sale.
JPage

Activity: 399
Merit: 105

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 09:30:31 PM

I don't think David J is that much of an idiot.

David J of MasterCoin Foundation SHOULD BE IN PRISON.  If you think this was above board, I have bridge to sell you.

You'd better watch your freaking tongue or I might have to visit you and pull it out for you.  

David Johnston of Mastercoin Foundation is very well known to me and not at all the person you describe here.  I myself have been  critical of certain aspects of the whole MaidSafe funding arrangement - and I have considered much of this carefully.  However, if one thing can be said with certainty, David Johnston breaks his back for the Protocol and ALL interested parties.  I don't believe for one second that you have fairly characterized his true nature.  

I invite you to retract your earlier comments and give Mr. Johnston the apology you owe him.  

coralreefer

Activity: 464
Merit: 260

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 09:32:19 PM

Is there any more information yet on farming?  Now that the coins are launched it would be nice to setup a vault / farm to earn more...
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 09:34:39 PM
Last edit: April 25, 2014, 09:48:09 PM by FrictionlessCoin

Is there any more information yet on farming?  Now that the coins are launched it would be nice to setup a vault / farm to earn more...

Maidsafecoin is just a temporary coin until they get the actual system deployed.

Maidsafecoin gets traded 1 to 1 with safecoin when that happens.

So there is no farming till then.

However, doesn't prevent folks from designing and selling hardware for farming!

Looks like starting prices for these farms are at $5,000 with 45 empty storage units.   Fully loaded with 4TB drives... 180 TB TOTAL storage ... will cost you $5,000 + $7380 = $12,380!

Run the numbers and see how much safecoin you can make in a year with this setup.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
jibble

Activity: 924

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 09:56:55 PM

Is there any more information yet on farming?  Now that the coins are launched it would be nice to setup a vault / farm to earn more...

Maidsafecoin is just a temporary coin until they get the actual system deployed.

Looks like starting prices for these farms are at $5,000 with 45 empty storage units.   Fully loaded with 4TB drives... 180 TB TOTAL storage ... will cost you $5,000 + $7380 = $12,380!

Run the numbers and see how much safecoin you can make in a year with this setup.

But also remember that the numbers given in the white paper are based off 2000 running nodes. so if there was to be 16,000 nodes, which at this point is completely possible considering the attention it has gotten and the fact any person interested in crypto mining on their computer can also run this without using any extra electricity or drain their computer. If the number is 16000 or over nodes you looking at 100 a day not 800.

just a warning, because the amount of attention and funding they received which they completely didn't expect will most likely have been applied to the whitepaper numbers as well. and considering its popularity already, i would say 20,000 nodes is a massive under estimation. and the numbers given out on the white paper are for 2000.
greatwolf

Activity: 230
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 10:10:14 PM

So how do you buy maidsafecoin with btc now that the ipo is over? Is there any exchange to trade this on?
coralreefer

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 10:12:08 PM

Thanks FrictionlessCoin...I didn't get that from the whitepaper I read.  That helps to put things in perspective  Wink
Chang Hum (OP)

Activity: 714
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 10:16:26 PM

So how do you buy maidsafecoin with btc now that the ipo is over? Is there any exchange to trade this on?

www.masterxchange.com
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 11:22:38 PM

But also remember that the numbers given in the white paper are based off 2000 running nodes. so if there was to be 16,000 nodes, which at this point is completely possible considering the attention it has gotten and the fact any person interested in crypto mining on their computer can also run this without using any extra electricity or drain their computer. If the number is 16000 or over nodes you looking at 100 a day not 800.

just a warning, because the amount of attention and funding they received which they completely didn't expect will most likely have been applied to the whitepaper numbers as well. and considering its popularity already, i would say 20,000 nodes is a massive under estimation. and the numbers given out on the white paper are for 2000.

Well the Proof of Resource would be a equation that will include availability and amount of storage.  I don't think the number of running nodes comes into the equation.

I just heard over the radio on NPR that cloud storage solutions are increasing by 30% every year.  One of the big problems is when the cloud company is taken down by the government (see: Megaupload) or gone bankrupt.  So Safecoin actually does satisfy a real need in the space of cloud computing.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 11:33:08 PM

Maybe someone can help me.

I have my maidsafecoins on the btc blockchain. So I see them on masterchest.info

I have a masterxchange account, but I can´t send them directly, isn´t it?

So I tried masterchain.info wallet.  I added the BTC-address from which I paid the maidsafcoins with BTC.
But I cannot see the coins there. Would should I do now? Put somewhere the privatkeys in or what?

Then I tried omniwallet. If I create a view-only address, then I can see the maidsafes, but I can´t import the keys.

I have the following keys: Hash160; PrivBase58; PrivHexBE; PublicX; PublicY

Can someone help me?
In blockchain.info, click import/export. One of the buttons on the left (sorry cant remember, from memory) will show you your private/public keys and qr codes of all addresses. Copy the relevant private key (always starts with 5) and import into Omni.
You should have full control now. Dont forget to register your sending address with masterxchange first.
jibble

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 11:36:43 PM

Well the Proof of Resource would be a equation that will include availability and amount of storage.  I don't think the number of running nodes comes into the equation.

I just heard over the radio on NPR that cloud storage solutions are increasing by 30% every year.  One of the big problems is when the cloud company is taken down by the government (see: Megaupload) or gone bankrupt.  So Safecoin actually does satisfy a real need in the space of cloud computing.

while it is quite true there is a real need for cloud computing solutions and maidsafe covers this perfectly, as well as numerous other things.

if they included in the whitepaper the number of nodes and average earnings for that many nodes averagely being on. then i think it is safe to assume that the number of running nodes does have some correlation to earnings because it has been added.

it is also safe to assume that if they calculated that averagely 2000 nodes would produce around 800 coins a day in the begining. then 4000 nodes would most likely half the average amount of potential earnings in coins
coralreefer

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 11:42:34 PM

The other thing I didn't get from the whitepaper is...can these nodes be setup on a basic VPS?  Or due to the high storage demands, does  this require a specialized server or expensive VPS package?
jibble

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 11:53:04 PM

The other thing I didn't get from the whitepaper is...can these nodes be setup on a basic VPS?  Or due to the high storage demands, does  this require a specialized server or expensive VPS package?

From the looks of it, yes its completely possible. Don't know if it will earn enough to cover costs of the VPS . Especially since, if its possible to VPS people will jump aboard until the amount of nodes is so high, the payout per node will be greatly reduced.

I am sure there will be things you can do to increase average earnings, assigning more hard drive space to act as a node and such. But that still doesn't help so much, if 5000 nodes are running, you will be getting much more than if 50,000 are running, no matter how large you choose your node, unless you increased your node size by 100 times

But then again each node might be a fixed amount. i don't think there is anything specific to it in the white paper
jibble

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 12:44:13 AM

jesus did maidsafecoin really drop by >50%??  https://www.masterxchange.com/market.php?currency=maid

buy and sell wall so far apart, if 1 second someone buys and then straight after someone sells its dropped almost 50% in 10 seconds
Chang Hum (OP)

Activity: 714
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 01:36:38 AM

jesus did maidsafecoin really drop by >50%??  https://www.masterxchange.com/market.php?currency=maid

buy and sell wall so far apart, if 1 second someone buys and then straight after someone sells its dropped almost 50% in 10 seconds

at what price was maidsafecoins purchased at in the ipo? what price did ya get each coin at?

0.000042 buddy!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: