Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 11:12:55 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Ann] Safecoin maidsafecoin  (Read 76472 times)
Flomess

Activity: 705
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 03:49:05 PM

What's the situation in there? Should i get in or i'll probably end up getting scammed?
KeyJockey

Activity: 608
Merit: 509

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 04:12:34 PM
Last edit: April 29, 2014, 05:04:17 PM by KeyJockey

It's out of coinmarketcap... i wonder why...

It's still there for me, maybe you have the filter setting wrong?

Copy/Paste from a minute ago, on: http://coinmarketcap.com/

10    MaidSafeCoin    $ 8,482,305    $ 0.018743    452,552,412 MAID*    $ 15,049    -0.86 %    

...it's DOWN from IPO price yet, but still listed there.

- 1KeyJKVWVxdavKTetDJpQWdUaota5jbtX6 -
kooke

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Bitcoin super-duper-mega-ultra-hyper-node

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 04:30:03 PM

What's the situation in there? Should i get in or i'll probably end up getting scammed?

I'd wait until someone involved with the project gives us a clear explanation in regards to the unfair distribution. It's obvious that someone made quite a profit on the backs of btc investors, and maidsafe hasn't shown any willingness to rectify the issue.

Flomess

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 04:47:41 PM

I'd wait until someone involved with the project gives us a clear explanation in regards to the unfair distribution. It's obvious that someone made quite a profit on the backs of btc investors, and maidsafe hasn't shown any willingness to rectify the issue.
Thanks for the honest answer, i'll keep an eye on maid.
I still have time to evaluate better the situation, the price seems to be pretty static.
Vandalay23

Activity: 341

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 07:16:36 PM

Any idea if there is a will to trade maidsafecoin in a high-volume exchange?
RawDog
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1026

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2014, 09:34:23 PM

Which brings me on to my next point... Don't smoke crack!!
Time to cool your jets Hung-Way-Lo.

Although the IPO was a little disorganized - it is possible that far more of this was due to honest players who didn't get all the parameters set perfectly.  It might actually be the case that there are just a few profiteers who took advantage of an imbalance they saw early in the deal.

You and I were deep in this 3 days before the deal.  We saw the arbitrage opportunity - and played it.  Unfortunately for both you and I, we got stuck out because we didn't see the early MSC closing coming. 

However, there is no doubt you did the same thing as I did and tried to buy MaidSafe with MSC which we paid less than .2  Just business as usual.  We got screwed when we couldn't use those MSC to actually buy MaidSafe after the MSC was locked out. 

But you had the same dishonest intent as you too were buying them at a discount with full intentions of using these to buy MaidSafe later at a profit.  Just because you couldn't play out your game - you are bitter.

I don't know exactly how many MSC guys ran this as a sneaky plan, and how many were just ambitious investors.  But I'll tell you this, Irvine, and the Mastercoin dev team were probably guilty of imperfect set up - and nothing more.  For now, it is a complex system which can get unstable in several ways.  Soon, it will be far more reliable and stable. 

As for bad actors?  Probably only a few and they include you and I.  The difference is you and I got left behind and some others made it before the cut off.  But it is very unfair of you to jump up and down and cry now.  Time to suck it up and move faster next time.  Your arbitrage play went bad.  No big deal, you'll find another one.  My bet is there were very few involved with bad intent. 

Move on - dumbass!!

*Image Removed* *Expletive Removed*  *Obsenity Removed*
What's going on - Slavetards?!!!
Watch my videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oE43M1Z8Iew  1FuckYouc6zrtHbnqcHdhrSVhcxgpJgfds
kooke

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 11:38:53 PM

They created the msc pump by pricing it at 0.2. They should have set it at market price instead of inflating msc value. Even if they didn't plan this pump-and-dump, they did facilitate it. I'd be more willing to invest in this if the developers show that they care about their investors. I've read about safecoin and I think it could be a game-changer and overtake bitcoin's PoW concept, but my doubts are holding me back.

You can't really blame people for being doubtful, as we've seen others get burned time and again investing in alt-coins.

RawDog
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1026

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2014, 01:03:42 AM

They created the msc pump by pricing it at 0.2. They should have set it at market price instead of inflating msc value.

Actually, they did set it below market price.  Way below.

If they let the deal go with no price fix, people would have to buy a shit load of MSC where there were few sellers.  The 'market price' would reach .2 in just a day or two once buying of MSC from the open market commenced.  Since the open market did not have sufficient supply, the dev team had to make the price fix.  If MaidSafe investor were forced to buy MSC ONLY from the open market, the price of a Mastercoin would surely have exceeded 1.0 because the supply of available MSC was far less than that needed for the funding level of the MaidSafe project.  This would have caused MaidSafe investors to grossly over pay a few MSC sellers who would profit 20X or more.  Mastercoin dev tried to reach a middle ground with .2.  In hindsight, that didn't work so well.  But it was an attempt to prevent a serious run up due to under supply of MSC in the open market. 

If it were possible, and it was not, to put limits on MSC Whales everything would have worked.  Unfortunately, you can't put limits on MSC whales.  So you get what we have right here.  I don't like it any more than you do. 

'market price' is a tricky term.  I don't know what the 'correct' fix value should have been.  But I wonder what would have happened if it were set at .10.  That may have prevented MSC whales from jumping all in in the first hours.  Too bad we can run the experiment again. 

*Image Removed* *Expletive Removed*  *Obsenity Removed*
What's going on - Slavetards?!!!
Watch my videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oE43M1Z8Iew  1FuckYouc6zrtHbnqcHdhrSVhcxgpJgfds
kooke

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 01:53:26 AM

If what you're suggesting were true, then most people would have bought maidsafecoins with btc instead of msc. I thought the developers were expecting most of the buyers to use btc, why would they give an unfair advantage to msc holders then?

Also, there didn't seem to be a shortage of msc sellers when maidsafe stopped accepting them.

Chang Hum (OP)

Activity: 714
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 03:59:15 AM
Last edit: April 30, 2014, 03:02:55 PM by Chang Hum

I was in 8 days before mate I was buying at 0.06 when they manipulated the price to 0.08!!  Grin Grin Grin

Which brings me on to my next point... Don't smoke crack!!
Time to cool your jets Hung-Way-Lo.

Although the IPO was a little disorganized - it is possible that far more of this was due to honest players who didn't get all the parameters set perfectly.  It might actually be the case that there are just a few profiteers who took advantage of an imbalance they saw early in the deal.

You and I were deep in this 3 days before the deal.  We saw the arbitrage opportunity - and played it.  Unfortunately for both you and I, we got stuck out because we didn't see the early MSC closing coming.  

However, there is no doubt you did the same thing as I did and tried to buy MaidSafe with MSC which we paid less than .2  Just business as usual.  We got screwed when we couldn't use those MSC to actually buy MaidSafe after the MSC was locked out.  

But you had the same dishonest intent as you too were buying them at a discount with full intentions of using these to buy MaidSafe later at a profit.  Just because you couldn't play out your game - you are bitter.

I don't know exactly how many MSC guys ran this as a sneaky plan, and how many were just ambitious investors.  But I'll tell you this, Irvine, and the Mastercoin dev team were probably guilty of imperfect set up - and nothing more.  For now, it is a complex system which can get unstable in several ways.  Soon, it will be far more reliable and stable.  

As for bad actors?  Probably only a few and they include you and I.  The difference is you and I got left behind and some others made it before the cut off.  But it is very unfair of you to jump up and down and cry now.  Time to suck it up and move faster next time.  Your arbitrage play went bad.  No big deal, you'll find another one.  My bet is there were very few involved with bad intent.  

Move on - dumbass!!

Chang Hum (OP)

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 04:04:51 AM

If what you're suggesting were true, then most people would have bought maidsafecoins with btc instead of msc. I thought the developers were expecting most of the buyers to use btc, why would they give an unfair advantage to msc holders then?

Also, there didn't seem to be a shortage of msc sellers when maidsafe stopped accepting them.

I explained this to them on the Dev board and also said it would be such a fast rush, that MSC holders would have an unfair advantage on time (as bitcoins had to be manually processed by sending loaned msc's to cover purchases for the auto asset feature of mastercoin.
Chang Hum (OP)

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 04:06:27 AM
Last edit: April 30, 2014, 03:05:53 PM by Chang Hum

They created the msc pump by pricing it at 0.2. They should have set it at market price instead of inflating msc value.

Actually, they did set it below market price.  Way below.

If they let the deal go with no price fix, people would have to buy a shit load of MSC where there were few sellers.  The 'market price' would reach .2 in just a day or two once buying of MSC from the open market commenced.  Since the open market did not have sufficient supply, the dev team had to make the price fix.  If MaidSafe investor were forced to buy MSC ONLY from the open market, the price of a Mastercoin would surely have exceeded 1.0 because the supply of available MSC was far less than that needed for the funding level of the MaidSafe project.  This would have caused MaidSafe investors to grossly over pay a few MSC sellers who would profit 20X or more.  Mastercoin dev tried to reach a middle ground with .2.  In hindsight, that didn't work so well.  But it was an attempt to prevent a serious run up due to under supply of MSC in the open market.  

If it were possible, and it was not, to put limits on MSC Whales everything would have worked.  Unfortunately, you can't put limits on MSC whales.  So you get what we have right here.  I don't like it any more than you do.  

'market price' is a tricky term.  I don't know what the 'correct' fix value should have been.  But I wonder what would have happened if it were set at .10.  That may have prevented MSC whales from jumping all in in the first hours.  Too bad we can run the experiment again.  

Think Pal!

-If a $10 gift card can be purchased on a free market there is no reason for the price to go over $10.
-The free market had plenty of supply hence the mass dumping that occurred as predicted by me in advance on the dev forum!

market price' is a tricky term.  I don't know what the 'correct' fix value should have been.  But I wonder what would have happened if it were set at .10.  That may have prevented MSC whales from jumping all in in the first hours.  Too bad we can run the experiment again.  

No it's easy, it's how much cash they're worth. The $3million bitcoin can be sold today for $3million. The $7million mastercoin can be sold today for $46k so they were 152 times over valued with real price around 0.0001. So actually, they didn't set it above market price. they set it Way above.

This table might teach you it was a con mate, then you'll be better informed when you open that big stupid mouth of yours haha  Grin

Mastercoin Price                      Madesafe per Mastercoin                      Mastercoin required for IPO                %of mastercoin in existance                                      
0.00001 (real value, pre ipo)                    1.7                                                        252645130                                         45000%
0.06 (maidsafe move price 1)                1020                                                      421075                                            68% (lol)
0.08 (maidsafe move price 2)                1360                                                      315806                                            51%
0.2  (Crowdsource incentive)                  3400                                                                126322                                                    20%  

Maths for madesafe per Mastercoin = Bitcoin conversion price*Mastercoin price
Maths for mastercoin required for IPO = 429496729.6(maidsafe issued)/madesafe per mastercoin
Maths for % of mastercoin in existence = (mastercoin required for IPO/619478.6(mastercoin exist))*100

Edited to change real value (missed a .0) as explained here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=395761.7860
ejinte

Activity: 644

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 05:02:13 AM

I'm not sure but I think the mastercoin guys were speaking with both btc-e and cryptsy. However cryptsy requires votes.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
  ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦   
0.6%-1% House Edge
Flomess

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 12:59:20 PM

Keep note that BTC withdrawals on masterexchange take 20 - 30 hours to be processed.
Unfuckingbelievable
prophetx
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1010

he who has the gold makes the rules

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2014, 02:03:46 PM

If they let the deal go with no price fix, people would have to buy a shit load of MSC where there were few sellers.  The 'market price' would reach .2 in just a day or two once buying of MSC from the open market commenced.  Since the open market did not have sufficient supply, the dev team had to make the price fix.  If MaidSafe investor were forced to buy MSC ONLY from the open market, the price of a Mastercoin would surely have exceeded 1.0 because the supply of available MSC was far less than that needed for the funding level of the MaidSafe project.  This would have caused MaidSafe investors to grossly over pay a few MSC sellers who would profit 20X or more.  Mastercoin dev tried to reach a middle ground with .2.  In hindsight, that didn't work so well.  But it was an attempt to prevent a serious run up due to under supply of MSC in the open market. 

If it were possible, and it was not, to put limits on MSC Whales everything would have worked.  Unfortunately, you can't put limits on MSC whales.  So you get what we have right here.  I don't like it any more than you do. 

'market price' is a tricky term.  I don't know what the 'correct' fix value should have been.  But I wonder what would have happened if it were set at .10.  That may have prevented MSC whales from jumping all in in the first hours.  Too bad we can run the experiment again. 

dude don't even bother trying to explain the laws of supply and demand to people living in countries with state controlled economies. 

prophetx
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1010

he who has the gold makes the rules

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2014, 02:08:12 PM

I'm not sure but I think the mastercoin guys were speaking with both btc-e and cryptsy. However cryptsy requires votes.

we have tried to talk to cryptsy but he is too busy adding alt coin o' the day, missing the forest for the trees imo

as far as btc-e we've not been able to establish direct contact, and some people have offered to make this contact for a fee (probably a scam of course...)

anyway while it sucks I am cool with that b/c the other exchanges that we are working with on integration will crush these old exchanges once they get online and a few more good, solid smart properties get issued.

hopefully, the technology and process will be an improvement from the chaos that happened with maidsafecoin - but hey it's the very first one, i think a lot of people don't comprehend the significance of that.
kooke

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 02:44:04 PM

Quote from: prophetx link=topic=577149.msg6491993#msg6491993oate=1398953026

dude don't even bother trying to explain the laws of supply and demand to people living in countries with state controlled economies. 

If the maidsafe team had said they were going to exchange BTC for msafe at 17k and Doge at 1:1, which coin do you think the vast majority would use to buy msafe? If anything, the people behind the maidsafe IPO are the ones who don't understand supply and demand, as evidenced by their sheer disbelief that most buyers used msc instead of btc to purchase msafe.

mishax1
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 12:04:24 PM

has anyone tried moving funds from omni wallet?
Yes.
ejinte

Activity: 644

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 03:25:35 PM

Yes.

does it work?
Yes it works.

My maidsafe have been in "Consensus Warning" for five days, showing in mastercheast but not in omniwallet, what to do? Just sit back and wait?`
Thanks

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
  ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦   
0.6%-1% House Edge
bitwhizz
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 09:33:33 PM

Yes.

does it work?
Yes it works.

My maidsafe have been in "Consensus Warning" for five days, showing in mastercheast but not in omniwallet, what to do? Just sit back and wait?`
Thanks

what does it mean if you get a consensus warning?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: