Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:24:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 [140] 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 ... 486 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BBR] Boolberry: Privacy and Security - Guaranteed Since 2014  (Read 1210690 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
dr_chen

Activity: 494
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 12:31:08 PM

2. our coin was hurt much by cbuchner/pttx private GPU miner(now we have open source GPU, it was released just more than week ago)

how exactly did the open source GPU miner help the coin's valuation? right, it didn't.

you guys just dump and dump

so sad bbr is below 2 this time

▄▄█▀▀█▄▄
  ▄▄█████▄▄█████▄▄
████  ███  ███  ████
  ▀▀█████▀▀█████▀▀

▀█▄▄  ▀▀█▄▄█▀▀   ▄▄█
 ▀▀███▄▄     ▄▄██▀██
     ▀███   ██▀  ▄█
██     ██  ██ ▄██▀██
▀██    ██  ███▀  ▄██
 ▀███▄▄██  ██ ▄███▀
    ▀▀███  ▀██▀▀
Just.Bet 

█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
DICE
LOTTERY
PLINKO
COIN FLIP
CRASH
WHEEL
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
        ███████       ▄▄██▄
                  ▄▄███▀▀██▄
      ██████   ▄███████▄▄███▄
               ▀██  █████████▄
                ▀█████████▀▀██▄
████████████     ▀███▀▀███▄▄██▀
██  ████  ██      ▀██▄▄███▀▀
█████▀▀█████  ██   ▀██▀▀
█████▄▄█████
██  ████  ██   ██████
████████████
DECENTRALIZED
PROVABLY FAIR
ON CHAIN GAMES
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
PLAY NOW
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
[/center]
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
drawingthemoon

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 12:36:01 PM

2. our coin was hurt much by cbuchner/pttx private GPU miner(now we have open source GPU, it was released just more than week ago)

how exactly did the open source GPU miner help the coin's valuation? right, it didn't.

It didn't because of misinformation spread across the board that you have this magic miner and it is unfair for others to mine BBR, so it never got traction. Check Poloniex trollbox to see how much they just talk down BBR because of a "private miner". Now trollboxes are obviously not the place one needs to get legitimate info, but the coin would have done much better had you made the miner public, come out and helped users discuss BBR more in the forums etc.

Your latest post shows you have no interest in helping this coin. Yet you claim you hold a large amount as a long term investment. It is quite unbelievable all around what has happened to this coin's valuation.

Not that any of this is your responsibility though. It isn't your coin, and you owe the people trying to develop it nothing. You can and should do what you want and whatever makes you the most money.

How convenient for you to say this. Save your ensuing "it's a fact" drivel that would probably ensue.

Am I spamming? Report me!
arcanum

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 12:39:00 PM

logo looks great now
cbuchner1

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 12:52:24 PM

It didn't because of misinformation spread across the board that you have this magic miner and it is unfair for others to mine BBR, so it never got traction.

right, no traction at all. never.

Christian
drawingthemoon

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 01:02:01 PM

It didn't because of misinformation spread across the board that you have this magic miner and it is unfair for others to mine BBR, so it never got traction.

right, no traction at all. never.

Christian

When I mean traction, I mean in terms of the community coming together for development of the coin all around. From mining methods, to trading to generally creating awareness and adoption. That screenshot is proof of an artificial pump rather than the traction I am talking about. But I have a hunch you knew this.

Still unsure why the hostility towards the very coin that has provided you with so much profits? Really puzzled honestly.

Bitcrea

Activity: 406

Bitcrea.com

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 01:03:02 PM

The thing is, you didn't kept your promise. Any other arguments are invalid.
damashup

Activity: 259

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 01:04:26 PM

The bad news is... the price of BBR is going to fall further.

The good news is... the price of BBR is going to fall further.

In my view there is a 'rogue miner' (I don't believe it's cbuchner1) mining a VERY large % of BBR and mass dumping them on Poloniex. You only have to look at the trading activity. Whoever the rogue miner is, is more interested in selling quickly than selling smart to maximise profitability IMO. As to their motives, I don't know and I don't care - the price is more than likely going to fall.

However the current price is in no way indicative of the value nor the interest in the coin. It's a rogue miner suppressing the price, with a splash of panic selling.  

Weak Hands... will fold and move on... only to return with 'if only' stories once BBR rebounds.

Strong Hands... will buy whilst the prices are low, with a view to buying more if/ when the prices fall further. Equally Strong Hands will be prepared for no ROI within the next year or maybe two. Strong Hands will be investing with money they can afford to lose, thus will not be spooked into selling cheaply. Strong Hands will be equally prepared for price to go up once the rogue miner seizes dumping cheap coins (which will happen eventually), thus won't be caught out with no BBR and a buy order at 1 sat!

Dev - do not despair. Anyone with a brain cell, that does some research will see that Boolberry is one of, if not the, superior CN coins. The success of this coin is ultimately down to your perseverance and your excellent work. At this point, no CN coin can succeed without Boolberry succeeding. It's like Classical Music without Mozart, Rap without Jay-Z, Boob-jobs without Pamela Anderson... stick with it.

drawingthemoon

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 01:11:13 PM

In my view there is a 'rogue miner' (I don't believe it's cbuchner1) mining a VERY large % of BBR and mass dumping them on Poloniex. You only have to look at the trading activity. Whoever the rogue miner is, is more interested in selling quickly than selling smart to maximise profitability IMO. As to their motives, I don't know and I don't care - the price is more than likely going to fall.

However the current price is in no way indicative of the value nor the interest in the coin. It's a rogue miner suppressing the price, with a splash of panic selling.  

Weak Hands... will fold and move on... only to return with 'if only' stories once BBR rebounds.

Strong Hands... will buy whilst the prices are low, with a view to buying more if/ when the prices fall further. Equally Strong Hands will be prepared for no ROI within the next year or maybe two. Strong Hands will be investing with money they can afford to lose, thus will not be spooked into selling cheaply. Strong Hands will be equally prepared for price to go up once the rogue miner seizes dumping cheap coins (which will happen eventually), thus won't be caught out with no BBR and a buy order at 1 sat!

Dev - do not despair. Anyone with a brain cell, that does some research will see that Boolberry is one of, if not the, superior CN coins. The success of this coin is ultimately down to your perseverance and your excellent work. At this point, no CN coin can succeed without Boolberry succeeding. It's like Classical Music without Mozart, Rap without Jay-Z, Boob-jobs without Pamela Anderson... stick with it.

It could be and it is definitely not Christian, but someone who is very very stupid and nefarious. But my theory is it is not a miner but some who are just selling it off having bought much higher and do not have the patience. The amount of coins that have been dumped over the last few days are magnitudes of order higher than daily supply.

Oh well, some new blood will get lucky at these prices.

Christian still has a role to play and become part of the development of this coin. IMO Wolf0 is doing a fantastic job with his releases and so many others.

damashup

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 01:21:06 PM

It could be and it is definitely not Christian, but someone who is very very stupid and nefarious. But my theory is it is not a miner but some who are just selling it off having bought much higher and do not have the patience. The amount of coins that have been dumped over the last few days are magnitudes of order higher than daily supply.

Oh well, some new blood will get lucky at these prices.

Christian still has a role to play and become part of the development of this coin. IMO Wolf0 is doing a fantastic job with his releases and so many others.

I think it's definitely a rogue miner. Check Poloniex now, and the timings of sells that took the price from 0.000265 to 0.0002. Definitely not the actions of a rational seller.
cbuchner1

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 01:21:37 PM

In my view there is a 'rogue miner' (I don't believe it's cbuchner1) mining a VERY large % of BBR and mass dumping them on Poloniex.

It doesn't have to be a miner. Could be an investor who has had enough.

Looking at the longterm difficulty chart it seems apparent that rental farm miners are currently pulling out:

I like this trend, as it means my little home farm will find more blocks.

Christian
drawingthemoon

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 01:31:14 PM

Yes they are a bunch of investors looking at the trend of last 2 weeks. Timing on Poloniex isn't conclusive of miners, the diff chart gives a better idea as shown above.

damashup

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 01:56:32 PM

Yes they are a bunch of investors looking at the trend of last 2 weeks. Timing on Poloniex isn't conclusive of miners, the diff chart gives a better idea as shown above.

My hypothesis is one miner (singular), possibly a botnet, dumping on Poloniex.

I've watched it over last few weeks. There is a pattern to the dumps. I've even checked patterns in tx history, easy to do given there is little genuine transactions aside from possible movement in and out of exchanges. These patterns back up my view.

Investors would not dump nor move coins in this way. They'd look to claw back as much of their investment as possible. They would do this by letting the price recover. Alternatively they'd dump all at once and move on.

darlidada

Activity: 723
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 01:59:10 PM

cbuchner1: The graph you're showing is more of a consequence of XMR skyrocketing to 10 mbtc than anything else. It's not really traction-proof. Otherwise we could all say BCN & FCN & QCN gained traction too as they gained momentum at the same moment.

Also, farms may be pulling out for now but they'll come back as soon as the price goes back up. Is the opensource gpu miner as efficient as christian miner?
dga

Activity: 737
Merit: 511

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2014, 02:01:33 PM

I think it's definitely a rogue miner. Check Poloniex now, and the timings of sells that took the price from 0.000265 to 0.0002. Definitely not the actions of a rational seller.

This focus on mining hides the real issue.

Let's do a thought experiment with Bitcoin:  Imagine that there was a "rogue miner" selling their BTC for USD the second they mined it.  Further, assume they controlled 75% of the daily creation of bitcoin.

That would be 2700 BTC/day "dumped".

In comparison, Bitstamp alone has been doing 4947 BTC/day of BTC-USD volume, and they're only one of the exchanges:
http://bitcoincharts.com/markets/currency/USD.html

That "rogue miner" would barely budge the price of BTC.

Boolberry, in contrast, is currently in a very fast inflationary period in terms of the number of coins created per day compared to the already existing supply.

This is about liquidity, excitement, and "buy support", not mining.  There's no difference between a miner selling 100 bbr and someone who held it before selling it.  Address the underlying reason, not the most immediate source of the coins:  You have to convince more people to buy and hold (and better yet - use! :-) more boolberry as time goes on, or the price *will* naturally decrease.  Time is evil.  The only way it helps is that over time, more people get to know about the coin.

cbuchner1

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 02:16:07 PM

Also, farms may be pulling out for now but they'll come back as soon as the price goes back up. Is the opensource gpu miner as efficient as christian miner?

Our miner (three authors, not just me) for CUDA is performance-wise somewhere between Wolf0's public OpenCL miner and his nonpublic CUDA miner (assuming identical nVidia hardware for comparison).

Christian
damashup

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 02:38:32 PM

Let's do a thought experiment with Bitcoin:  Imagine that there was a "rogue miner" selling their BTC for USD the second they mined it.  Further, assume they controlled 75% of the daily creation of bitcoin.

In comparison, Bitstamp alone has been doing 4947 BTC/day of BTC-USD volume, and they're only one of the exchanges:

Boolberry, in contrast, is currently in a very fast inflationary period in terms of the number of coins created per day compared to the already existing supply.

This is about liquidity, excitement, and "buy support", not mining.  There's no difference between a miner selling 100 bbr and someone who held it before selling it.  Address the underlying reason, not the most immediate source of the coins:  You have to convince more people to buy and hold (and better yet - use! :-) more boolberry as time goes on, or the price *will* naturally decrease.  Time is evil.  The only way it helps is that over time, more people get to know about the coin.

Beg to differ... someone 'dumping' 2700 BTC per day (for weeks) on Bitstamp in the same fashion as being done for BBR on Poloniex would absolutely deflate the price of Bitcoin. Buyers will cotton on and wait for lower prices. Day traders would short BTC. Weak hands would panic.

No amount of liquidity is going to convince people to buy today something they can get cheaper tomorrow. People holding BTC wouldn't be the issue. The market will be governed by new buyers (wishing to buy cheaply) and the rogue miner dumping 2700 BTC without regard for price.
tifozi

Activity: 742
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 02:49:13 PM

Why would a rogue miner kill his/their own golden goose slowly? How many coins can they dump daily? I think some "weak hands" have been slowly dumping off as it is hard to compete with the community supporting XMR (more liquidity). That and most traders buy high and sell low especially in the new coin market. It goes beyond traditional analysis.

More people need to know about BBR.  Smiley
damashup

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 03:00:16 PM

Why would a rogue miner kill his/their own golden goose slowly? How many coins can they dump daily? I think some "weak hands" have been slowly dumping off as it is hard to compete with the community supporting XMR (more liquidity). That and most traders buy high and sell low especially in the new coin market. It goes beyond traditional analysis.

More people need to know about BBR.  Smiley

Not buying that the dump is purely down to weak hands. Why would a weak hand dump when the price and buy interest rises?

Maybe for a rogue miner using say a huge botnet, BBR isn't a golden goose they can afford to wait on. The imperative may be to convert to BTC/ fiat asap, while the going is good, rather than sit on evidence of criminal activity.
dga

Activity: 737
Merit: 511

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2014, 03:00:31 PM

Beg to differ... someone 'dumping' 2700 BTC per day (for weeks) on Bitstamp in the same fashion as being done for BBR on Poloniex would absolutely deflate the price of Bitcoin. Buyers will cotton on and wait for lower prices. Day traders would short BTC. Weak hands would panic.

No amount of liquidity is going to convince people to buy today something they can get cheaper tomorrow. People holding BTC wouldn't be the issue. The market will be governed by new buyers (wishing to buy cheaply) and the rogue miner dumping 2700 BTC without regard for price.

No.

Daily BTC created:  3600
Daily BTC transaction volume:  100,000  (100k - I'm using the american form of the comma)
Daily BTC/USD exchange volume: Over 12k / day
BTC in existence:  13,102,325

(I say "over" because many sources are not public, such as Coinbase's)

Daily BBR created:  12000  (roughly)
Daily BBR transaction volume:  28,000
Poloniex transaction volume today:  56,000
BBR in existence:  974,305

So:  today, the number of bitcoin in existence will go up by 0.02%
Today, BBR will add roughly 1.2% to its total

(this same analysis applies roughly to xmr and other coins created around the same time).

If there's demand for *new holdings* of more than 12k BBR / day at the current price, the price will go up.  If there's demand for less, the price will go down.

drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 03:00:50 PM

It's all about the market perception isn't it? At the moment Bitcoin is becoming more and more popular, with new businesses accepting it everyday. If someone started dumping even 3,000 bitcoin per day, would everyone start selling?

A rational actor has to run the logic; is the current selling enough to overcome Bitcoin's growing popularity and potential? Many people would in fact hold, because dumping might be the worst possible thing you could do. Once the price rises many large buyers (banks and governments) would start buying faster, because the days of cheap Bitcoin are over. This has to at least factor into your analysis before following the miners into a dump, most of whom are probably dumping in this scenario because of the need to pay bills and equipment costs, rather than for any major speculative reason.
Pages: « 1 ... 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 [140] 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 ... 486 »
  Print  

Jump to: