Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 05:34:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 [164] 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 ... 486 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BBR] Boolberry: Privacy and Security - Guaranteed Since 2014  (Read 1210691 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
damashup

Activity: 259
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 05:49:42 PM

But we have seen you work in trollboxes and other competitor coin threads and we know you won't go anywhere.

Okay... now I know you're obviously trolling me. I never been in a trollbox. So good day.
criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 05:50:49 PM

I wouldn't be making any significant bets one way or the other ..
Until crypto zoidberg confirms or denies any potential collaboration with BTCD ..

Triff ..

Ok let us be serious for a moment, is collaboration with BTCD a good thing? Boolberry doesn't need any of that crap...

Thing is, if you become some BTCD freak sidekick, it'll just push people to Monero even faster.

Not sure if risto can even help xmr soon Tongue

What does this even mean?

I mean your statement is bs.

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
drawingthemoon

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 05:51:44 PM

But we have seen you work in trollboxes and other competitor coin threads and we know you won't go anywhere.

Okay... now I know you're obviously trolling me. I never been in a trollbox. So good day.

I know, you are the sad victim of all this. Bye now.

Am I spamming? Report me!
drawingthemoon

Activity: 135

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 06:03:31 PM

Anotheranonlol,

Not sure why you deleted your post. It was spot on observation about drawingthesun guy. The fake story to engage in subtle FUD.

I honestly don't know why they keep trying this. You know people will flock to BBR once they know that XMR is too "pricey" when BBR has a lot of advantages even from a tech perspective.

Am I spamming? Report me!
btc-mike

Activity: 938
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 06:25:44 PM

Please don't feed the trolls.  Wink
dga

Activity: 737
Merit: 511

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2014, 07:00:45 PM

As amusing as the last 5 pages were...can we get some actual updates for all of us new folks that james brought over.
I have been ignoring most of the alts since there were so many scams and I did not have the effort to do due diligence.

What needs to be done with this coin, I have a little bit of free time.

We need pirate suits, first off.

Then we need cables to connect the telepods.  

Then the mirrors in James' house all need cleaning.

Already have the pirate suit :-)~
cables is a good analogy to the telepods as it is a closed network..imagine running cables to anon servers around the world and having your own distribution channel.

But on a serious note...cause I am always serious....
Free beer on me to someone that post an honest answer to what needs to be done.

On a programming front, there's one feature XMR implemented that I think BBR should consider copying:

Auto-splitting of too-large transactions in the wallet.

It's slightly tricky, and I haven't looked at how XMR did it, but it's a nice convenience feature for users and will reduce the number of posts about "why did I get a transaction too large?" error.

Another one is looking at the wallet API from the perspective of someone trying to run a service (e.g., a store, or accepting payments in BBR, etc.) and thinking about what needs to be added.  Some form of list_transactions function would be very useful.

tifozi

Activity: 742
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 07:56:31 PM

Those are great suggestions. I agree with dga Smiley
bob131313

Activity: 420

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 08:28:21 PM

As amusing as the last 5 pages were...can we get some actual updates for all of us new folks that james brought over.
I have been ignoring most of the alts since there were so many scams and I did not have the effort to do due diligence.

cables is a good analogy to the telepods as it is a closed network..imagine running cables to anon servers around the world and having your own distribution channel.

On a programming front, there's one feature XMR implemented that I think BBR should consider copying:

It's slightly tricky, and I haven't looked at how XMR did it, but it's a nice convenience feature for users and will reduce the number of posts about "why did I get a transaction too large?" error.

Another one is looking at the wallet API from the perspective of someone trying to run a service (e.g., a store, or accepting payments in BBR, etc.) and thinking about what needs to be added.  Some form of list_transactions function would be very useful.

beer money sent.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2014, 08:43:49 PM

So the more crap XMR gives BBR, the more it will make me want to help BBR. I approached the XMR guys and other than accusing me of using sockpuppets and that XMR is the work of God, they mostly just ignored me. So they want to pick a fight, then I will fight. If they want to cooperate, then I will cooperate. However, I was told quite plainly that I am not smart enough to be able to offer them anything of value.

So I am back to where I started my anon escapade, but with a bit more to offer this time around. XMR is not interested in Teleport, but I am thinking that combining teleport with cryptonote is the most powerful anon possible, bar none.

James

P.S. I just anti-dumped and bought back to .00017

Evidence is against 'XMR team' is circumstantial at best. The serious dumping of BBR happened weeks ago. I covered off why I believed it was one 'rogue' miner dumping and why speculating as to who and why is irrelevant and unhelpful.

It's a bear market now for all coins. It only takes a single (minor) player to decide now is the right to to exit and cut losses, to move the price significantly. That is more than likely what happened today.

Equally a relatively minor player can buy some BBR and send the price 'soaring.'

Whether they like it or not XMR and BBR are twinned. There is no way (as things stand) that XMR is going to 'the moon' without investors looking back to see whether BBR is a viable alternative. When they do they'll see it obviously is. The work and consistency of the BBR team speaks for itself. BBR just works. And it's fast. The team get stuff done and don't just procrastinate on what could be done.

Despite the question marks around the coin (some of which I've voiced myself), anyone would be foolish not to recognise BBR as having the potential to be a major player in the anon space. That coupled with the ridiculously low price makes it one of the better coins to invest in at the moment IMO.

Welcome to Team BBR James, and thanks for starting the post-ATL rally.  Could you please ELI5 how BBR would benefit from Teleport?

Good post damashup.  I agree XMR and BBR are twinned, just like BTC and LTC.  And yes, the BBR market is tight as a drum, with negligible resistance on the sell side and massive support on the buy side.

^^^This situation is begging for a pump^^^

The sibling rivalry is the result of Team XMR's reasonably well-founded suspicion that CZ was part of the original Bytecoin team.  The evidence (CZ's mastery of murky CN/BCN code) is circumstantial, and jealousy-induced confirmation bias may be a factor.

Given the bad blood between XMR and its older brother BCN, it seems more likely for the XMR/BBR conflict to persist in a Cain and Abel situation than for the twins to hug it out.  Perhaps fluffypony or tacotime can smooth things over!   Tongue

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
sonoIO

Activity: 209

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 09:28:11 PM

Another one is looking at the wallet API from the perspective of someone trying to run a service (e.g., a store, or accepting payments in BBR, etc.) and thinking about what needs to be added.  Some form of list_transactions function would be very useful.

I'm not sure if one of the BBR formal or less formal devs is working on it but from an user perspective deterministic wallet sounds pretty cool. Non tech ppl feel more comfortable having their wallet backup on a piece of paper rather than in file. That is another feature that is implemented in XMR that adds to user experience imo
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2014, 09:48:09 PM

Are you more inclined to contribute BBR code or build projects on top of it?

Besides large transaction auto-splitting we could use dice/poker, options (even binary would be a nice start), and a payment gateway of the form suggested here:

Often this will not be visible in XMR because transactions are vastly more private, so proxy methods must be used to estimate their scale.  I would very much like a payment gateway which enables me to transparently use XMR, to send to a BTC address, and to receive BTC in the form of XMR.   It's a relatively simply thing to implement, and makes it more practical to save primarily in XMR.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
bob131313

Activity: 420

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 09:52:04 PM

Are you more inclined to contribute BBR code or build projects on top of it?

Besides large transaction auto-splitting we could use dice/poker, options (even binary would be a nice start), and a payment gateway of the form suggested here:

Often this will not be visible in XMR because transactions are vastly more private, so proxy methods must be used to estimate their scale.  I would very much like a payment gateway which enables me to transparently use XMR, to send to a BTC address, and to receive BTC in the form of XMR.   It's a relatively simply thing to implement, and makes it more practical to save primarily in XMR.

I am reviewing the source atm.
sonoIO

Activity: 209

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 10:10:56 PM

Greetings to all new supporters. Please vote for BBR on https://hitbtc.com/vote
The volume there should not be insignificant, and conveniently it would be traded there from fiat
hornyPo

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 10:18:29 PM

and we see a huge increasing hashrate cause only for a little price pump.  Smiley
Hello to EC2.

BBR: @hornypo
ripplebtc

Activity: 277

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 11:02:35 PM

https://twitter.com/moolah_io/status/504323571389571072

Moolah ‏@moolah_io

Coins not currently on @MintPalExchange or our core platform are welcome to submit a proposal to chelsea@moolah.io for consideration.
crypto_zoidberg (OP)

Activity: 976
Merit: 646

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2014, 11:31:18 PM

Another one is looking at the wallet API from the perspective of someone trying to run a service (e.g., a store, or accepting payments in BBR, etc.) and thinking about what needs to be added.  Some form of list_transactions function would be very useful.

Agree about splitting.
Agree about list_transactions. Actually everyone who want to see some API could open a ticket on github/or write me pm and specify what api he wan't to have - i'll implement any reasonable API that is needed. It's absolutely not a problem.

PS: read your article on Mike's Data... impressive Smiley

tifozi

Activity: 742
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 11:34:06 PM

https://twitter.com/moolah_io/status/504323571389571072

Moolah ‏@moolah_io

Coins not currently on @MintPalExchange or our core platform are welcome to submit a proposal to chelsea@moolah.io for consideration.

New exchanges would be great, but new users should be able to join first. I agree though, MintPal would be a nice addition since they are familiar with CryptoNote via XMR already. If new users start supporting the coin, it can happen in due time Smiley
crypto_zoidberg (OP)

Activity: 976
Merit: 646

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2014, 11:45:30 PM
Last edit: August 29, 2014, 12:59:17 AM by crypto_zoidberg

Well, seems that i've missed little war Smiley

Let's do a crypto, not war!
Pease brothers!

visual111

Activity: 493
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 02:07:13 AM

Let's do a crypto, not war!
Pease brothers!

+1

and thanks to everybody who is asking tough questions and not merely name calling...that's what is needed for coins to grow

no need for a flame war

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

INTRODUCING WAVES
ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM

soodooo

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 02:20:43 AM

Bag holder here. Why has the price dived so badly?  Cry
Pages: « 1 ... 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 [164] 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 ... 486 »
  Print  

Jump to: