Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 10:25:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 [211] 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 ... 486 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BBR] Boolberry: Privacy and Security - Guaranteed Since 2014  (Read 1210694 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
sussex

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 04:03:19 PM

We agree in most of things, i'm just pointing out that there are more important things than the name change.

Yes there are, so why are we changing it?

It would be a shame to throw a potential jewel of a name out on a whim, it does deserve debate.

Would you agree on voting just between Boolberry and Rune?

Yes, but I do think that if we are going to do a vote we prolly ought to make the most out of it and consider all options - someone may come up with something truly genius.
sonoIO

Activity: 209
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 04:17:23 PM

No hard feelings mate but your debate is not taking us anywhere fast.

Another question is if the funds raised would be significant enough to live with a bad name.

Then another question is if the if the marketing team will put as much effort in the marketing as they would if they actually liked the name.

I say fu*k poll for a name! Core team just steer this ship, there is no point in sailing in circles over this. Please make decision over a name and do the more important thing - start the marketing. Me personally like hornyPo's suggestion, change the name and keep the ticker BBR for the reason he said, or what ever you find easiest to market. The tech will speek for it self.

Honestly, i think that not that much ppl know what D&D is as some of you think

We agree in most of things, i'm just pointing out that there are more important things than the name change.

Yes there are, so why are we changing it?

It would be a shame to throw a potential jewel of a name out on a whim, it does deserve debate.

Would you agree on voting just between Boolberry and Rune?

Yes, but I do think that if we are going to do a vote we prolly ought to make the most out of it and consider all options - someone may come up with something truly genius.
Breasal

Activity: 585

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 04:42:32 PM

Appears that BCX's claim of a CN killer exploit is confirmed (allegedly)....

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=789978.0

CZ or any of the devs keeping a close eye on this?

Edit: Or is this all just one big scam?
hornyPo

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 05:01:06 PM

I say fu*k poll for a name! Core team just steer this ship, there is no point in sailing in circles over this. Please make decision over a name and do the more important thing - start the marketing. Me personally like hornyPo's suggestion, change the name and keep the ticker BBR for the reason he said, or what ever you find easiest to market. The tech will speek for it self.

keep the ticker BBR have the benefit thats the history chart don´t get lost in the exchanges.

Even if it sound undemocratic, i think a vote take only the current opinion, and that dos not mean that it is the best option for the future.

Because all what sussex said about the name Boolberry i fully agree. These are very good arguments!

Then another question is if the if the marketing team will put as much effort in the marketing as they would if they actually liked the name.

I ask if windjc is willing to make the marketing campaign with the name Boolberry like with Rune or other voted names with the same enthusiasm?

When yes, we should try to make it with Boolberry.

BBR: @hornypo
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2014, 06:00:30 PM

keep the ticker BBR have the benefit thats the history chart don´t get lost in the exchanges.

Even if it sound undemocratic, i think a vote take only the current opinion, and that dos not mean that it is the best option for the future.

Because all what sussex said about the name Boolberry i fully agree. These are very good arguments!

I ask if windjc is willing to make the marketing campaign with the name Boolberry like with Rune or other voted names with the same enthusiasm?

There are two disadvantages with the 'one-BBR one-vote election' plan.

1) without refunds, the losing voters are forced to pay to support a brand they explicitly do not support (which discourages/penalizes participation)
2) there is no incentive for the winning vote block to contribute more than the 1 BBR needed to secure victory over the 2nd place opponent

An auction for naming rights would maximize funds raised, and force only the winners to pay for their choice.

I fully support a BBR vs Rune fundraiser auction - it's the optimal solution for our self-imposed predicament.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
sussex

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 06:11:54 PM

Well, I won't waste your time answering your questions then......  Huh
sussex

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 06:14:36 PM

1) without refunds, the losing voters are forced to pay to support a brand they explicitly do not support (which discourages/penalizes participation)
2) there is no incentive for the winning vote block to contribute more than the 1 BBR needed to secure victory over the 2nd place opponent

An auction for naming rights would maximize funds raised, and force only the winners to pay for their choice.

I fully support a BBR vs Rune fundraiser auction - it's the optimal solution for our self-imposed predicament.

1) But without refunds voters are forced to put their money where their mouth is. No refunds will likely weed out mischievous votes.

2) The count is not done until the end of voting then tactical bidding cannot occur.
tljenson

Activity: 182

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 06:26:10 PM

But what about the people who have threatened to dump BBR upon a rebrand? I read somewhere that it is some sort of a silver currency and any attempt to become something else will be met fiercely. I really don't understand this community. Are you guys trying to be something you are not? Why can't you stay grounded all your life?

Anybody with so little regard for this coin, is not worth worrying about.
tljenson

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 06:28:09 PM

I totally agree, put your money where you mouth is, the whole idea of a renaming the currency is to help it thrive. If BBR or Rune does that is the perfect way to decide.
sussex

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 06:30:24 PM

But what about the people who have threatened to dump BBR upon a rebrand? I read somewhere that it is some sort of a silver currency and any attempt to become something else will be met fiercely. I really don't understand this community. Are you guys trying to be something you are not? Why can't you stay grounded all your life?

Anybody with so little regard for this coin, is not worth worrying about.

If Apple changed their name to Fanboy Erotic Aids do you not think there would be a dump of shares?
sussex

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 06:31:43 PM

Just to muddy the waters a little more....

I crashed out last night mulling over the name Breeze.

Delivered on the Breeze

Feel the Breeze

It's a Breeze

Like a Breeze

It has many positive connotations, is light and friendly, is good graphically, the BBR ticker sort of works and, best of all, it isn't Rune.

It still leaves the gaping hole of uniqueness that Boolberry fills so well, but like I said, it's not Rune.

It's prolly a crap idea, but I'm putting it out there in the hope of taking some floating voters away from Rune.

I'm still voting no change.

tljenson

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 06:32:47 PM

Well, I won't waste your time answering your questions then......  Huh

Sussex your one of the most stubborn people I've every come across why is the BBR name so important to you? For me it's what makes the most people happy, its about the success of the coin. I'm not worried about the name, and you shouldn't either. You should be worried about the coin not its name.
damashup

Activity: 259
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 06:53:35 PM

Techie question...

I'm having issues sending anything over 100 BBR from my wallet.

I can send 99 BBR ok. However whenever I try to send 100 or more I get the follow error message,

Failed to send transaction: transaction was rejected by daemon

Any ideas on what the issue could be?

I'm using the mac wallet.

Thanks in advance!
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1115

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 06:59:21 PM

Techie question...

I can send 99 BBR ok. However whenever I try to send 100 or more I get the follow error message,

Thanks in advance!

It's likely that your transaction is over the size limit (size limit in kilobytes, not in amount of bbr). The size of your transaction depends on where the inputs came from (if you have lots of small inputs from mining they will make a much larger output than a few larger inputs from withdrawing from an exhcange or something), as well as the mixin count that you're using (the larger mixin count the larger the transaction). Not much you can do except send in the smaller amounts. I think there is an auto-splitting command for monero, but I'm not sure it's been implemented in bbr, and I think it's still upstream in monero anyway.
crypto_zoidberg (OP)

Activity: 976
Merit: 646

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2014, 07:19:28 PM

The essential problem here is that 60% of the community were denied their voice.

The thing is that we care only about votes of our community.
And we don't care about what had written here by you, smooth or whoever came from whatever. So you just wasting your time here.
It was mentioned that vote made for people who was supported and helped our project, our community members.
This is sad that Icebreaker and teknohog, and couple of others didn't liked, but most of community supported our efforts.

damashup

Activity: 259
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 07:19:54 PM

Techie question...

Thanks in advance!

It's likely that your transaction is over the size limit (size limit in kilobytes, not in amount of bbr). The size of your transaction depends on where the inputs came from (if you have lots of small inputs from mining they will make a much larger output than a few larger inputs from withdrawing from an exhcange or something), as well as the mixin count that you're using (the larger mixin count the larger the transaction). Not much you can do except send in the smaller amounts. I think there is an auto-splitting command for monero, but I'm not sure it's been implemented in bbr, and I think it's still upstream in monero anyway.

Thanks for this explanation. Is it luck of the draw whether I get small or large inputs?
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1115

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 07:21:12 PM

Techie question...

Thanks in advance!

Thanks for this explanation. Is it luck of the draw whether I get small or large inputs?

Yea, afaik there is no "coin control" features in cryptonotes, that would allow you to select which inputs to use to make up an output.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2014, 07:27:26 PM

1) But without refunds voters are forced to put their money where their mouth is. No refunds will likely weed out mischievous votes.

2) The count is not done until the end of voting then tactical bidding cannot occur.

Keeping losing bids in an auction makes zero sense and ensures participation is minimized.  That's why no auction does it, besides scam penny auctions.

To maximize funds raised, we want to encourage tactical (IE competitive) bidding, in a transparent environment (one address for BBR, another for Rune).

But I'm not going to risk my coins going to the Rune dev fund, since James can one-up me.

Even with refunds for losing bidders, we would be bidding money where our mouths are.  Because risk of winning means coins go away, as does risk of loss/theft, and opportunity cost of having coins tied up in escrow, plus escrow fees.

To minimize "mischief" CZ could keep 5% of the losing bid as a service fee.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
shojayxt
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 07:31:27 PM

Hmm, five pages of bickering over the name  Roll Eyes

pt7

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 07:34:36 PM

Hmm, five pages of bickering over the name  Roll Eyes

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parkinson's_law_of_triviality
ps: I am guilty of it too Cheesy
Pages: « 1 ... 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 [211] 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 ... 486 »
  Print  

Jump to: