Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 04:06:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 [407] 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][KARM] Karma / ₭ / X11  (Read 583017 times)
kosmost

Activity: 1022
Merit: 501

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2017, 02:55:24 PM

Is there plans to pay the Yobit wallet maintenance fee to get Karma up and running again on the website?

I am waiting to hear back from them to find out what the issue is. Anyone who has a problem depositing or withdrawing Karma from there could also send them a message. It would help, I think.

Workchain – Powering the Decentralized Economy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
kosmost

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2017, 03:01:46 PM

Finally successfully I have syncronized wallet .

Someone wanna test it KG1aJ3X58dXJeFyPHnPRjqyfbVSD2kEcq9 ?:d thanks  

Edit: Any more news kosmost? Are we starting to reboot it? Will you gonna be in charge? 

I'd like to, but that depends on whether or not all/most the pieces would be in place for me to be as effective as I'd like to be.

Also, I am weighing the personal risks of being involved with a cryptocurrency on the management side. There are benefits to being anonymous, and benefits to having your name on the website. But I don't want to have a situation like last time where some people got upset because they didn't get their way. The world of altcoins really is the Wild West, so caution is needed. Maybe it doesn't matter to most (since they wouldn't have anything to worry about) but it's a consideration for me.

Also, here are some outstanding issues regarding the  currency itself.

1) MintPal coins. (waiting for Bitwho's information)
2) KTN (I think we will have some news soon. Talking with East now.)
3) Cryptsy wallet. Probably lost. Could also be a lost corrupted file. It could also be that someone now has lots of Karma and is waiting for a dump.
4) Exchanges: We need a bigger exchange, and I think this can happen in the next 2-4 weeks depending on our efforts.

What are your thoughts?

Is there any summary of how many coins are located on each exchange?
From the MintPal and Cryptsy wallets? For MintPal, bitwho has that information and I'm waiting for him to provide it here. For Cryptsy, the party who recovered it unwittingly gave it to someone who isn't involved with Karma. That wallet has been lost, I believe, and no one knows how many coins were in it.

Also I think that there should be a new thread so a new community can be built from the ground, instead of mixing the old posts with this new wave.
Agreed, but I still want to change the first post of this thread and lock it, etc.

Otherwise we run into a situation like where the person with the Cryptsy wallet went to the old thread looking to give us back the wallet, but no one here saw the message.

luckytimes

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 03:35:41 PM

Is there plans to pay the Yobit wallet maintenance fee to get Karma up and running again on the website?

I am waiting to hear back from them to find out what the issue is. Anyone who has a problem depositing or withdrawing Karma from there could also send them a message. It would help, I think.

Okay thanks. Hopefully we will hear something back from them Smiley
2bfree

Activity: 686
Merit: 251

I'm investigating Crypto Projects

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2017, 03:45:26 PM

Actually I just looked you don't have to pay, true there is a 0.2 BTC plan but they have a free plan to update wallet. It's jut probably slower but you won't loose your coins and right now you can get them at 1 SAT because of that! Once they fix the wallet you can probalby make 500% or more depending how well the DEV do with the coin. But it's a risk I have to admit. Good luck!

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
>>FREE SEO AUDIT/WHITE LABEL MAKE MONEY!<<
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
kosmost

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2017, 03:51:36 PM

Actually I just looked you don't have to pay, true there is a 0.2 BTC plan but they have a free plan to update wallet. It's jut probably slower but you won't loose your coins and right now you can get them at 1 SAT because of that! Once they fix the wallet you can probalby make 500% or more depending how well the DEV do with the coin. But it's a risk I have to admit. Good luck!

cryptocurrency = risky speculation, which all coins are, including bitcoin. But I know what you mean.

We'll see what they say.

luckyguy2807

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

Crypto Enthusiast

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2017, 03:59:14 PM

Kosmost, there is a real danger regarding the wallet from cryptsy. It would be a real disaster if we start to invest real money in this coins and out of the blue somebody will dump.

As I can see there are 2 ways - either you and the karma community will continue with this coin trying to do it's best or it could start a new coin Karma V2, with an ICO or not, only in order to pay a competent dev, thus I would rather appreciate if the dev would really be direct implicated in the community.

kosmost

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2017, 04:00:22 PM

cryptocurrency = risky speculation  Grin

We'll see what they say.

KARMA MOON

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 04:37:24 PM

I am Japanese.
In Japan, more people invest in virtual currency.
However, there is no one who knows about karma coins.
I think that it would be better to become a pioneer of karmic coin in Japan.

Welcome to the community.

I actually used to live in Japan and noticed there are many different kinds of payment methods. (Although finding an ATM can be quite difficult, which is strange because so many people use cash only.) I am glad that cryptocurrency is finally taking off in Japan.

May I ask, how did you hear about Karma?

Also, what is 'karma' in Japanese and how does it translate?

thanks!

Thanks!kosmost

Many Japanese use only Japanese exchanges and BITTREX, POLONIEX.
So it was a coincidence that I learned about karuma coin.
Karma in Japanese has the meaning of what gose around comes around.
It is an important deep word for us.

kosmost

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2017, 04:37:39 PM

Kosmost, there is a real danger regarding the wallet from cryptsy. It would be a real disaster if we start to invest real money in this coins and out of the blue somebody will dump.

As I can see there are 2 ways - either you and the karma community will continue with this coin trying to do it's best or it could start a new coin Karma V2, with an ICO or not, only in order to pay a competent dev, thus I would rather appreciate if the dev would really be direct implicated in the community.

I think I understand the concern, but any large holder can dump. That person isn't more likely to dump if their wallet was Cryptsy's wallet, I think. It's a possibility, of course, but it may also be possible that no one has access to the wallet. Like any coin, there are more than a few large holders. If they do have access they may be just as likely to hold if they think there is potential, as any other holder might.

Duck_Duck

Activity: 48

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 04:48:50 PM

kosmost I'm trying to recover my old wallet, but I would like to get a safe link to the wallet so I can install it safely. Could you provide it? Thanks in advance
kosmost

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2017, 05:16:36 PM

kosmost I'm trying to recover my old wallet, but I would like to get a safe link to the wallet so I can install it safely. Could you provide it? Thanks in advance

PC, Mac, or Linux?

kosmost

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2017, 05:18:02 PM

I just know in yobit karma and I will try it.

Thanks! Please let us know should you have any questions or concerns.

kosmost

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2017, 05:55:37 PM

Just FYI, I'm working on 2 things for Karma right now.

1) what would be the main website: karmacoin.net

2) a Karma-related site that may help a lot with getting our name out there to more people and for people to use the coin for something of value.

I don't have a whole lot of time on my hands these days, but I want to see Karma succeed. It has tremendous potential, and of course a great community and purpose!

2bfree

Activity: 686
Merit: 251

I'm investigating Crypto Projects

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2017, 06:56:16 PM

PC, Mac, or Linux?

I have a unrelated question you seam very knoledgeble maybe know the answer: if I take a Karma wallet.dat file and put it on the linux will it work? Right now all my windows qt wallets have that wallet.dat but I'm thinking to move over to Linux so I don't have to use the 2 operating systems it's a pain but i'm not sure if the wallet files will work?

Thanks.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
>>FREE SEO AUDIT/WHITE LABEL MAKE MONEY!<<
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
kosmost

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2017, 08:19:10 PM

PC, Mac, or Linux?

I have a unrelated question you seam very knoledgeble maybe know the answer: if I take a Karma wallet.dat file and put it on the linux will it work? Right now all my windows qt wallets have that wallet.dat but I'm thinking to move over to Linux so I don't have to use the 2 operating systems it's a pain but i'm not sure if the wallet files will work?

Thanks.

yes, it's designed to work with either. Just make sure you back up your wallets.

Though if you use both at the same time there could be a problem, because the addresses would be different I think.

georggmg

Activity: 15

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 08:23:48 PM

FYI things with yobit maintenance is finally fixed.

wallets seems to be up to date and all withdrawals and deposits are working.

Untill Karm is listed on another exchange we can use only yobit.net

Have a nice evening!
kosmost

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2017, 08:25:53 PM

FYI things with yobit maintenance is finally fixed.

wallets seems to be up to date and all withdrawals and deposits are working.

Untill Karm is listed on another exchange we can use only yobit.net

Have a nice evening!

Great news. Thanks!

the-A-Man

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 08:41:06 PM

I can't find a working link for the wallet.
kosmost

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2017, 08:55:24 PM
Last edit: June 12, 2017, 09:48:34 PM by kosmost

Here's part 2 of what I have been working on

http://www.karmaplex.com

This is a draft to show people what the future of Karma could be like. Imagine a place where every type of person could come to see videos of people doing nice things, powered by Karma!

A Karma video site makes it easy to understand what Karma is and how it can be used for good things.

For users:

Step 1) Upload a video of yourself doing something nice for family, your community, strangers, whatever to YouTube. You must mention Karmacoin in the video if you want Karma [free advertising for us, and allows us to verify that it is the user]

Step 2) Link to the video on Karmaplex by clicking the 'Share Your Karma Video' link on the upper right

Step 3) Add a title and description. Put your Karmacoin address in the description box

Done!

Karmaplex serves a few purposes. They are:

1) to start adding value right away. Someone could upload a video today. We can continue with the 'giving' for blogs if we want to do that, but of course that will take a few months more of development. I don't think the crypto community could wait that long to see something of value for Karma.

2) possibly integrate some of the purpose of KarmaToken with Karma, but in a far more efficient way. (Though the site would only take Karma to avoid confusion.)

3) open up Karma to everyday people. Then they can see how it can be used in a more practical way

4) present a unique value proposition for Karma. Not many coins can do this. And of course, we have a good name for it!

5) increase the velocity at which coins are used. The more videos we have the more Karma is being exchanged. The more people that see the videos the more potential users we have.

6) increase efficiency with the doing good equation. This shifts the burden from us (via a charity) to users who will upload their videos. Less paperwork and accounting (which charities require), less headache, faster, cheaper, and many more benefits. Also, we can scale to millions of people all around the world, something very few charities can do. Helping more people by being a platform for kindness is good!

We could own the "blockchain of kindness" starting with Karmaplex. It's that simple. It's also something the press wants to hear about over most other cryptocurrencies.

I'll have an introductory video to explain to people how it works made, once we decide whether or not to make use of it. But at first I think just people in the altcoin community would post videos, but anyone could watch them (and be made aware of Karma)

Another point... I think we should go back to 'karmacoin' because it's a bit more recognizable. If someone says that they "have karma" or "bought karma" it might prove confusing. (Or someone saying in a video that they're doing this for karma.) But if we retain "karmacoin" then it is more intuitive.

Thoughts are appreciated...

kosmost

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2017, 09:06:03 PM

I can't find a working link for the wallet.

Our apologies for the inconvenience. We have recently begun working to revive the coin, including making website updates. For now, please see the windows wallet at http://karmacoin.net/wallets/Karmacoin_windows.zip

(if you need another version for Mac or Linux let me know)

Pages: « 1 ... 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 [407] 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 »
  Print  

Jump to: