Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:54:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 [416] 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][KARM] Karma / ₭ / X11  (Read 583017 times)
karmaclassic

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 06:17:03 PM

Haha new karma is here - number 3 ..... someone stole my idea. Good luck!

Too much talking. Action is needed. There is a pool available to select which option we will go for.

Why not have more than 3 options?

Give me some more options.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Je_Rinpoche

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 08:10:11 PM
Last edit: June 15, 2017, 10:03:41 PM by Je_Rinpoche

Hi there,

I’m a total crypto illiterate, but have a feeling that this tech can have very positive impact on the world, thanks to a very good friend of mine for bringing me in.
So even if all those technical considerations going on here are out of my reach for now, as a western buddhist I'd really like to see this KARMA name staying alive, and would love to help in the near future by investing time and energy on this project and by initiating some concrete connections and help toward the buddhist world (which for a buddhist is the most powerful way of taking care of the karma of all those involved Smiley, why is there nothing more powerful than helping buddhas’ words to spread? because it helps all living beings at once, just plain math for us)

So meanwhile if you think i can be of any help, or having some buddhist questions and such, just let me know.
georggmg

Activity: 15

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 09:17:11 PM

Guys,

I still don't understand why you don't provide good plan/ideas how to improve KARM before swap or making new coin?? You just dig in the past and try to prove who is the white knight (obviously there is none).

Let's put the cards on the table:

1) Do we need/want new coin?
2) If we want a new coin do we consider swap or separate coin?
3) If it is a swap - what ration should we stick to?
4) If we want new coin what algorithm should be used?
5) If we want to stick to KARM what plan for improvement can we have?
6) If we want to stick to KARM do we need/want to change the algorithm?

Let's start with with this.
the-A-Man

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 02:41:18 AM

Is it possible to forget the past and just treat the current KarmaCoin like a new coin?
Maybe start a YouTube channel to build awareness... keeping in mind that most people, probably 90%, have no clue what alt-coins are.
I think we can bring this coin back, just like it is.

And as far as the stolen coins, can a new wallet block the stolen coins from being moved to another address... making them frozen?
That in effect would bring down the number of available coins... Less coins, more value.

I'm willing to start a y.o.u.t.u.b.e channel, and make some promotional video... I'll need to dust off my AfterEffects skills.

I say we keep the coin, make a new wallet, and build up the community.
kosmost

Activity: 1022
Merit: 501

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2017, 07:20:56 AM
Last edit: June 17, 2017, 02:31:06 PM by kosmost

Dear Karma Community;

As we get organized to improve upon our current X11 Karma, there have been some strides to develop alternate versions of the Karma concept, a 'fork' of Karma if you will.

As many of you already know, the original dev abandoned the Karmacoin project after only a few weeks of launch. However, the community for it was growing stronger every day and a few of us decided to take mattes into our own hands in spite of an irresponsible (and scamming) developer. We then sought to take Karma forward into the future and expand the coin and community.

We are once again at about the same crossroads. We seek to improve Karma in different ways for the benefit of not only the current community but future members.

Here is what we have so far:

Karma Classic (this thread)

Your current wallet and coins are fine. There will be no changes just yet. A few members of the community are getting organized now to help revive the coin. Nothing is changing for the Karma coins you have now.

Several questions remain about who will lead Karma, what to do will billions of 'bad' coins in wallets (from known thieves), if and how a swap of old Karma for the next X11 Karma could be performed, and more.

[Please note that some assets that are licensed to me or are attached to my person such as the logo or Facebook page, stock photos, Karma trademarks., etc, will continue to remain in my possession. However, the Karma X11 wallet (whose development cost to switch from the old algorithm were mostly borne by me) is open-source and for everyone's benefit, inside and outside the community.]

New Karma at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1969334

Out of frustration for the current state of affairs and stagnation at Karma classic, I've decided to create a new, Karma-based coin on the Ethereum network.

I've outlined some of my plans at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=579973.msg19469362#msg19469362 and at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=579973.msg19521869#msg19521869 so that you know what some of the plans are.

Alternate Karma (?)

One of the advantages of cryptocurrency is that anyone can create a coin. Every cryptocurency, minus a few exceptions, are clones of Bitcoin. Each seeks a different direction and purpose, allowing the altcoin ecosystem to grow to reach millions of people. Without new 'offshots' and alternate versions, we'd only have Bitcoin (which right now accounts for only 40% of cryptocurrency volume)

What does the future hold? No one knows. We only know that as more regular people get involved with crypto that new coins will be needed to serve different kinds of people, and used for different needs. The more, the merrier.
---
As I've mentioned to a few community members, I will see how the current Karma thread (and project) advances. I'm interested in helping the Karma community (as always) and would be open to the idea of the new Karma funding the re-development of the wallet so that a swap could be performed. Over the next couple of months we will see if this is needed, and see if the new Karma has the resources the rescue the old Karma.

Feel free to ask questions or let us know of any concerns you have.

"Good Karma always comes back!"

Workchain – Powering the Decentralized Economy
kosmost

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2017, 07:35:13 AM
Last edit: June 16, 2017, 07:58:19 AM by kosmost

So what's going to happen with the old karma?

That depends on the efforts of the original community, actually. Also, the current moderator of the thread (and former team member) would need to make changes, organize resources, and move things forward.

I have posted a more in-depth reply at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=579973.msg19590981#msg19590981

Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns. And thanks for visiting!

So you pre-mine the new Karma pocket a million or two for yourself and we loose all the old Karma? That sounds like bad Karma to me? Am I missing something about this?

Why can't we just keep the old Karma so we dont' get scamed out of what we have? Sounds like someone is going to profit from this while shafting it to others?

Hi. I am responding on this thread. Please take note of the original post.

There is no pre-mine.

We are welcome to keep the old Karma and I am interested in helping in the development aspect. However, right now not much is happening in the way of action.

I want to re-develop Classic Karma in order to swap. However, that depends on the efforts of the community. I am no longer in charge, so you'll have to ask whoever is in charge at this time. The current moderator of this thread doesn't seem interested in moving Karma forward (among other issues), so really I have no choice but to wait and see what happens with classic Karma.

But I am a man of action, not just words. The Karma concept is far bigger for this thread and should not be held up by someone who has other intentions in mind. (Please be sure to read from page 400 carefully to understand the full picture.)

Not wanting any derivatives of Karma would be like not wanting Litecoin (which is a clone of Bitcoin) or any one of the hundreds of other altcoins today.

Bit-coin becomes Lite-coin becomes (etc)
Karma-coin becomes Karma becomes (etc)

"coin" is a concept, just as "karma" is.

2bfree

Activity: 686
Merit: 251

I'm investigating Crypto Projects

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2017, 07:56:45 AM

KARMA SCAM ALERT!

Someone is starting a scam with Karma and I was questioning what they are doing and the moderator or who ever is trying to hype this new scam and steal bitcioins DELETED my post. So much for freedom of speech!

I think they want to issue new Karma on Etherium so they can insta premin a million new carmas and shaft the old karma, so they make a fortune for giving the new Karma and pocket all the premine coins. So much for good Karma this sounds like new bad Karma!

Plus DELETE MY POST, that's BAD KARMA!

So you are warned when you see the new hype and you loose your BTC don't say I didn't warn you!

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
>>FREE SEO AUDIT/WHITE LABEL MAKE MONEY!<<
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
kosmost

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2017, 08:01:04 AM

KARMA SCAM ALERT!

Someone is starting a scam with Karma and I was questioning what they are doing and the moderator or who ever is trying to hype this new scam and steal bitcioins DELETED my post. So much for freedom of speech!

I think they want to issue new Karma on Etherium so they can insta premin a million new carmas and shaft the old karma, so they make a fortune for giving the new Karma and pocket all the premine coins. So much for good Karma this sounds like new bad Karma!

So you are warned when you see the new hype and you loose your BTC don't say I didn't warn you!

I deleted your post because there are community guidelines to follow.

Also, at the top of the page it states, "This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic."

There is no scam. Why do you imagine there is? Is there evidence or reasoning behind the conjecture?

You can't just enter any forum and scream "scam!". Again, the forum has rules that should be respected with participating in the forum. If you'd like to have a reasonable and productive conversation in the thread you're more than welcome to. If you're not sure if you want to do that at this time, you're also welcome to just observe without commenting.

The new coin is OPEN SOURCE for anyone to see the code. It can be read and understood in under an hour from start to finish. The current Karma code (X11) is the one that is hidden, not the new one. Let's learn more about Ethereum before we make false accusations.

However, it's best to be productive.

Shall we discuss how Karma X11 is going to move forward, or should we just argue back and forth irrationally as we've been doing for...a while.

2bfree

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2017, 08:05:46 AM

KARMA SCAM ALERT!

I deleted your post because there are community guidelines to follow.

Also, at the top of the page it states, "This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic."

There is no scam. Why do you imagine there is? Is there evidence or reasoning behind the conjecture?

You can't just enter any forum and imply that it is a scam. Again, the forum has rules that should be respected with participating in the forum.

The new coin is OPEN SOURCE for anyone to see the code. Let's learn more about Ethereum before we make false accusations.

However, it's best to be productive.

Shall we discuss how Karma X11 is going to move forward, or should we just argue back and forth irrationally as we've been doing for...a while.

Because there is a Karma coin, so lets make it work not go ETH and let us stuck with old coin that is worth nothing. This is what is putting bad taste in Crypto shit like this! What gives you people the right to tread over me?

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
kosmost

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2017, 08:08:21 AM
Last edit: June 16, 2017, 08:26:35 AM by kosmost

Because there is a Karma coin, so lets make it work not go ETH and let us stuck with old coin that is worth nothing. This is what is putting bad taste in Crypto shit like this! What gives you people the right to tread over me?

1) Anyone can make a coin

2) I have been trying to help, as you can see on the last several pags. It's an uphill battle and quite unproductive for me. I prefer to take action and get things done for the benefit of the community.

3) I am still here, willing to help in whatever way that I can Smiley

Would you like to lead the project to re-develop the X11 wallet, or at least be on the team? You don't need to be a developer. Any kind of help is appreciated.

I have asked this question several times in the past week, but no one is interested in helping. Only:

1) screaming

2) complaining

3) other nefarious things

4) observing

There has been some good feedback, but what we need right now is action. Are you willing to join the X11 team to help?

2bfree

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2017, 08:15:47 AM

2) I have been trying to help, as you can see on the last several pags. It's an uphill battle and quite unproductive for me. I prefer to take action and get things done for the benefit of the community.

Would you like to lead the project to re-develop the X11 wallet, or at least be on the team?

I have asked this question several times in the past week, but no one is interested in helping. Only:

1) screaming

2) complaining

4) observing

There has been some good feedback, but what we need right now is action. Are you willing to join the X11 team to help?

I have been a project manager for 10 years and would be happen to do what needs to be done, you have never asked me. I just don't like getting run over when I bought millions of the Karma coin now I get shafted that is why I'm pissed. I want to make the current Karma coin work and I'm happy to run the project or be part of the team but I have never given a green light for moving to ETH platform and oppose that unless we all agree on how our stake in old Karma works. This need to be fair that's all I'm saying.

Now if we can all swap the coins or something I'm ok with that lets just do something fair.

kosmost

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2017, 08:47:40 AM

Would you like to lead the project to re-develop the X11 wallet, or at least be on the team?

1) screaming

2) complaining

4) observing

I have been a project manager for 10 years and would be happen to do what needs to be done, you have never asked me. I just don't like getting run over when I bought millions of the Karma coin now I get shafted that is why I'm pissed. I want to make the current Karma coin work and I'm happy to run the project or be part of the team but I have never given a green light for moving to ETH platform and oppose that unless we all agree on how our stake in old Karma works. This need to be fair that's all I'm saying.

Now if we can all swap the coins or something I'm ok with that lets just do something fair.

I think this is being mis-understood a big. Let's take an example and say you own 1,000,000 Dogecoin. Then, someone comes out with LiteDoge. Should you:

1) get upset because a Dogecoin community member create LiteDoge; or

2) continue to work on Dogecoin?

There's absolutely nothing barring you from participating in both communities or holding coins of both. That's the way cryptocurrency works and one of the many things that makes it interesting to get involved with.

Your coins are still there. They are still valid.

I will continue to help classic Karma where I can, as I've stated several times.

So, is there a reason to be upset at these developments? Probably not. Actually, I'm happy that you're able to help. But your first task may be to get others organized and behind the effort. You're the first volunteer to get classical Karma up and running again.

Of course, I have not asked each person directly. However, I have asked the community as a whole several times. (A much more efficient and practical way, as I'm sure you know.)

2bfree

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2017, 08:51:23 AM

1) screaming

2) complaining

4) observing

I think this is being mis-understood a big. Let's take an example and say you own 1,000,000 Dogecoin. Then, someone comes out with LiteDoge. Should you:

1) get upset because a Dogecoin community member create LiteDoge; or

2) continue to work on Dogecoin?

Of course, I have not asked each person directly. However, I have asked the community as a whole several times. I'm happy that you're able to help. But your first task may be to get others organized and behind the effort.

Ok, well I think we have a wallet that works and it's on one exchange we just need a team of a half a dozen people who like the coin and we can make an effort to get the word out for the Karma coin with the what we got.

Right now the coin is cheap anyone can get in, if we get some of those people organized we can make Karma a nice cool coin. That is why I got in but I feel we are stuck here and if I knew this would happen I would not got in, that's why I got bad Karma feeling.

Lets make this right that's all I'm saying.

BigWait

Activity: 506
Merit: 510

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 08:55:48 AM

Lips sealed
some year ago
some karma sent to the company, that coin return the send address?
kosmost

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2017, 08:56:23 AM

So, as the new interim project lead what is our first order of duty?

kosmost

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2017, 08:58:24 AM

Lips sealed
some year ago

Yes. 100% of coins were returned. What's the address you sent them from? I can look it up. (Let me know the amount, too, please)

The info is on the certificate that I made available on the website.

2bfree

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2017, 09:02:54 AM

So, as the new interim project lead what is our first order of duty?

Get a few people who are will to be part of the team? Anyone interested to try a new direction?

I get a few volunteers to work on the coin I'll come up with creative ways to get this coin to 50 SAT, there has to be a way we just need to think outside of the box. I'm willing to do it but not alone.

BigWait

Activity: 506
Merit: 510

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 09:05:20 AM

Lips sealed
some year ago

Yes. 100% of coins were returned. What's the address you sent them from? I can look it up. (Let me know the amount, too, please)

KWP8ZHe7rS8t8vpXVPWwdmo2K6upLbt6HM
KT9k2STkHRXqpGxmnpxmFVbw9wJf1sNDNu
KNYBGWGDHi4qiu4Yn1RYDeq8DyD4MU8VCv
KKcnDTgYg8nkZfgki6xXJDEtJ9ii6rMgfQ
KGctx31oqAgEQ6uZayxZdzouiRHnNNpeR9
forget which one is ...
send like 100M to K8rMbDnZ7xX9VqBXmLwA7DCnYra1ftw3gE
kosmost

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2017, 10:00:45 AM

Lips sealed
some year ago

KWP8ZHe7rS8t8vpXVPWwdmo2K6upLbt6HM
KT9k2STkHRXqpGxmnpxmFVbw9wJf1sNDNu
KNYBGWGDHi4qiu4Yn1RYDeq8DyD4MU8VCv
KKcnDTgYg8nkZfgki6xXJDEtJ9ii6rMgfQ
KGctx31oqAgEQ6uZayxZdzouiRHnNNpeR9
forget which one is ...
send like 100M to K8rMbDnZ7xX9VqBXmLwA7DCnYra1ftw3gE

Please check your addresses here: http://web.archive.org/web/20140626124054/http://karmashares.com:80/explorer-v01

1) after clicking the link, search the page (Control+F) for your addresses from which you sent Karma
2) search the Karma block explorer for the transaction at http://chainz.cryptoid.info/karm/

For example, for the first address the transaction can be found here: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/karm/address.dws?KWP8ZHe7rS8t8vpXVPWwdmo2K6upLbt6HM.htm

The third transaction is your 50m coins going to Karamshares. The first and second transactions are your coins coming back to you.

if you click on the "hash" link for your outgoing transaction you'll be taken to this page: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/karm/tx.dws?524012.htm
which is the block that the transaction was a part of

take a look in the "Outputs" section and you'll see the Karmashares address where you sent your coins to:
K8rMbDnZ7xX9VqBXmLwA7DCnYra1ftw3gE

and finally, here is a block with quite a few coins coming back from the Karmashares wallet. Your wallet is in this list: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/karm/tx.dws?1032745.htm but unfortunately there's no way to tell where yours is hiding, so it may be better just to look at the incoming coins, per above.

Hope this helps, and thanks for your message Smiley

kosmost

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2017, 10:04:40 AM

by the way, Bitwho. I did the list for every transaction, and provided a PDF for each one of the 292 transactions, like http://web.archive.org/web/20140714214401/http://karmashares.com/!points/KEiY1B5QQMv7RwL27T7FThkLjPWh21LrXS-2.pdf

I spent many hours making sure the process was transparent. Needless to say, it wasn't easy. (And, yes, I did it myself. All manually.)

...and you can't spend a few seconds to paste the MintPal wallet address that you are in possession of for the benefit of the community?

That's interesting, to say the least.

Pages: « 1 ... 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 [416] 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 »
  Print  

Jump to: