Bitcoin Forum
September 08, 2024, 10:24:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 [101] 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 ... 177 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][OC] Orangecoin ★★ POS ★★ Anon Transactions ★★ Masternodes  (Read 209517 times)
cryptoCminer

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 04:56:29 PM

One does not simply discuss more than the name of the coin on forums  Grin
Halofire

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

@halofirebtc

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 04:59:24 PM
Last edit: June 11, 2014, 05:24:21 PM by Halofire

I think it sounds reasonable so far, I do have a couple of questions though.
It was mentioned before that a static IP is required. I guess this is because an address needs to be provided so it can be added to the config file.
Is it possible instead to have a domain name that tracks a dynamic IP? Or must it be static?
Also, someone mentioned that DDOS protection would be required as the nodes would be targetted. Is this just an assumption or has this been proven to be the case from other coins that have masternodes set up?
What is the real risk in hosting a node on a server used for other perposes?

Ddos isn't necessary if you are able to restart your server/node immediately after an attack. But are you able to stand by your computer for days? DDOS protects your server from this and ensures your node stays up and provides that security of knowing the node is safe to the network. Your server if used for anything else woud be affected by such an attack since ddos attacks go for the entire server, not the part with the node.

OC Development - oZwWbQwz6LAkDLa2pHsEH8WSD2Y3LsTgFt
SMC Development - SgpYdoVz946nLBF2hF3PYCVQYnuYDeQTGu
Friendly reminder: Back up your wallet.dat files!!
btcMagnet

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 05:25:25 PM

$80k will be divided among all the Mnodes in year 1. Yes. It's incentive to get nodes up and running and permanent. It's the pay of one person in real life, that we are splitting up for, say, 100 nodes. $800 per person  per year 1....  $67 per node per month. It's worth it to get the price up to pay next year's nodes.

If you are concerned with ppl getting overpaid, then buy some nodes Wink
If you are concerned with dilution, buy some nodes to increase your returns to afford the dilution.

I'm concerned with gross overpaying like any business man must be.

I wont be buying any MNs, i view all this as bankster class behavior,
and i don't participate in their bs either.

hmmm... here is one you may not have thought of:
consider that in a couple of years ppl may be paying a quarter mil or more for this 2-bit service,
then they will look back on this thread and see who set it up, they'll see my posts and all these figures you are agreeing to.

but im no fool, i know you guys are going to do this no matter what i or anyone says
only OC can save orange now from this crippling edict
Orangecoin (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 05:33:09 PM

Orangecoin Official Masternode Specifications Presentation.

After many hours spent listening and talking to the community it is officially announced that Masternodes will pay 10% on top of the POS rate, with those coin coming from the final years from 45 down to 41.

Please view the presentation and understand we must move forward with the code.
Halofire

@halofirebtc

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 05:46:38 PM

$80k will be divided among all the Mnodes in year 1. Yes. It's incentive to get nodes up and running and permanent. It's the pay of one person in real life, that we are splitting up for, say, 100 nodes. $800 per person  per year 1....  $67 per node per month. It's worth it to get the price up to pay next year's nodes.

If you are concerned with dilution, buy some nodes to increase your returns to afford the dilution.

consider that in a couple of years ppl may be paying a quarter mil or more for this 2-bit service,
then they will look back on this thread and see who set it up, they'll see my posts and all these figures you are agreeing to.

but im no fool, i know you guys are going to do this no matter what i or anyone says

First off, I have no intentions of setting up a MN. I'm trying to find a middle ground that satisfies all parties, since we weren't given the option of whether we want MN or not. Whether or not you believe me, well, that's on you.

What would be your solution to pay for these? TX fees? So the cost per person per tx goes up? The TX fee would need to equal 4 OC by jim's expanation a few pages back. that's a 400% increase, which cant be limited per tx either. Slashing PoS in half reduces EVERYONES returns by 50%. Adding 10% to cap inflates the currency by 10%.

We wont be paying a quarter million for MN's in fiat or gold or cardboard or gains of sand. get past that. BTC's or crypto ONLY, where the values are determined by the free market. 5 BTC will always be worth 5BTC and the OC curve will reflect that, no matter what gold or paper is worth. Yes, MN will be worth millions in fiat, but who's going to pay that? No one, because fiat will be a joke at that point. Either cash in your fiat now, or be left behind. Your way of thinking will not allow crypto to realize its potential. Crypto HAS to be worth more than any fiat or gold or whatever, to fulfill it's destiny. Embrace or again, get left behind.

btcMagnet

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 05:48:07 PM

After many hours spent listening and talking to the community it is officially announced that Masternodes will pay 10% on top of the POS rate, with those coin coming from the final years from 45 down to 41.

Sry OC but my problem is... i do understand

knowing there is little hope here, i've reposted an alternate plan you may not have seen, since none of the MN-miner gang cared to comment on it (can't imagine why)
----------------------------------------------------------------
maybe we are doing this the hard way
maybe we can install a market discovery system in the software

suppose we just charge by transaction (we have to pay for it somewhere you know).
We provide the MN clients with a bid line and maybe even a visual cue (to see other MN bids)

with bids specifying:

minimum trans charge and
% rate for trans over the minimum.

wallets could be programmed to use the lowest priced available MN.
trans traffic could be rerouted (to pay more) if availability problems arise
anxious senders could offer tips for faster service

In others words try to create conditions that allow free trade for this service, as oppose to trying to dictate parameters, which btw never works.

and we leave everything else as is.

[or maybe something like this that nails the real market,
we are getting nowhere trying to guess at it prices years from now,
hell we don't even know what it's worth today yet.
we are trail blazing here, and i think we need a whole new map]
Halofire

@halofirebtc

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 05:54:11 PM

knowing there is little hope here, i've reposted an alternate plan you may not have seen, since none of the MN-miner gang cared to comment on it (can't imagine why)

suppose we just charge by transaction (we have to pay for it somewhere you know).
We provide the MN clients with a bid line and maybe even a visual cue (to see other MN bids)

with bids specifying:

minimum trans charge and

In others words try to create conditions that allow free trade for this service, as oppose to trying to dictate parameters, which btw never works.

What's the point of what I highlighted in orange if all the nodes get paid regardless whether they get used or not?

jasemoney
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1008

Forget-about-it

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 06:03:52 PM

sorry but no one running a masternode is making $80k period, end of discussion
forgive me for butting in though if this works like Darkcoin (which doesnt have POS mind you) then:
only one or some masternodes get used per block.  the masternode(s) chosen get rewarded for being masternodes from the miners reward (Pos reward in this case)
every coin created out of thin air to pay POS & MN devalues the coin.  
Coins being used as Masternodes do not stake

current pricing .00000400btc = 1 OC,  marketcap for ~50million coins $148k USD, BTC = ~$640 USD

Scenario 1:   you invest 1btc at current prices and the price stays stable and you run 1 Masternode for 1 year & stake your other coins;

1BTC buys 250k OC, 248k stake, 2k go to masternode.  you get 20% more coins from stake, and 2% from hosting a node
you end up with 297,600 OC from Stake and 2040 OC from being a Masternode = total 299640 OC = 1.19856 BTC or ~767$USD
of which .1904 BTC came from stake, .00816 BTC came from being a node and 1BTC investment is still 1BTC
Profit from Stake & being masternode =$127

Scenario 2:   you invest 1btc at current prices and the price goes up 100x and you run 1 node for 1 year & stake your other coins;
---coins are now worth 40,000 satoshi nearly double BC's current price, market cap is 14.8 Million USD

you end up with the same amount of coins except now they're worth 119.856 BTC or ~76,000 USD
of which 19.04 BTC came from stake, and .8 BTC came from being a node and 1 BTC investment is now 100BTC
Profit from Stake & being masternode = ~$12,700 USD

Scenario 3:  the price goes up 100x and then you invest 1 btc and run 1 node for 1 year & stake your other coins;

1 BTC buys 2,500 OC, 500 stake, 2k go to masternode
you end up with 600 OC from stake and 2040 OC from being a masternode = total 2640 OC
of which .04 BTC came from stake, and .016 BTC came from being a node and 1 BTC investment is still 1BTC
Profit from Stake & being masternode = ~$35 USD

TL:DR
if you buy 1 BTC today and the price goes to half BC's all time high you'd make $512 from being a masternode

The only questionable issue is whether 2% for masternodes comes from the 20% originally slated towards POS rewards, or if an extra 2% per year is created to pay the nodes.
18% POS, 2% MN  =20% year 1 or
20% POS, 2% MN = 22% year 1

the current 148k marketcap has to support 10million new coins or 11 million new coins. 

$MAID & $BTC other than that some short hodls and some long held garbage.
daxiake

Activity: 688
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 06:10:40 PM

when we discussing here, price dropping.

need some big things happen to oc,or some big people jion our dev team.

we can continuously creat some big topics to catch more and more eyes.

i think we need more and more talent guys to join our oc community. that is the most important poin.
Halofire

@halofirebtc

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 06:15:16 PM

sorry but no one running a masternode is making $80k period, end of discussion
forgive me for butting in though if this works like Darkcoin (which doesnt have POS mind you) then:
only one or some masternodes get used per block.  the masternode(s) chosen get rewarded for being masternodes from the miners reward (Pos reward in this case)
every coin created out of thin air to pay POS & MN devalues the coin.  
Coins being used as Masternodes do not stake

current pricing .00000400btc = 1 OC,  marketcap for ~50million coins $148k USD, BTC = ~$640 USD

Scenario 1:   you invest 1btc at current prices and the price stays stable and you run 1 Masternode for 1 year & stake your other coins;

1BTC buys 250k OC, 248k stake, 2k go to masternode.  you get 20% more coins from stake, and 2% from hosting a node
you end up with 297,600 OC from Stake and 2040 OC from being a Masternode = total 299640 OC = 1.19856 BTC or ~767$USD
of which .1904 BTC came from stake, .00816 BTC came from being a node and 1BTC investment is still 1BTC
Profit from Stake & being masternode =$127

Scenario 2:   you invest 1btc at current prices and the price goes up 100x and you run 1 node for 1 year & stake your other coins;
---coins are now worth 40,000 satoshi nearly double BC's current price, market cap is 14.8 Million USD

you end up with the same amount of coins except now they're worth 119.856 BTC or ~76,000 USD
of which 19.04 BTC came from stake, and .8 BTC came from being a node and 1 BTC investment is now 100BTC
Profit from Stake & being masternode = ~$12,700 USD

Scenario 3:  the price goes up 100x and then you invest 1 btc and run 1 node for 1 year & stake your other coins;

1 BTC buys 2,500 OC, 500 stake, 2k go to masternode
you end up with 600 OC from stake and 2040 OC from being a masternode = total 2640 OC
of which .04 BTC came from stake, and .016 BTC came from being a node and 1 BTC investment is still 1BTC
Profit from Stake & being masternode = ~$35 USD

TL:DR
if you buy 1 BTC today and the price goes to half BC's all time high you'd make $512 from being a masternode

The only questionable issue is whether 2% for masternodes comes from the 20% originally slated towards POS rewards, or if an extra 2% per year is created to pay the nodes.
18% POS, 2% MN  =20% year 1 or
20% POS, 2% MN = 22% year 1

It's ok to be an early adopter and get rewarded for doing so? Same reasoning for buying the first week's batch of miners from an asic company....

daxiake

Activity: 688

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 06:16:52 PM

pls build a strong dev team like blackcoin or darkcoin.
btcMagnet

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 06:17:20 PM

First off, I have no intentions of setting up a MN. I'm trying to find a middle ground that satisfies all parties, since we weren't given the option of whether we want MN or not. Whether or not you believe me, well, that's on you.

What would be your solution to pay for these? TX fees? So the cost per person per tx goes up? The TX fee would need to equal 4 OC by jim's expanation a few pages back. that's a 400% increase, which cant be limited per tx either. Slashing PoS in half reduces EVERYONES returns by 50%. Adding 10% to cap inflates the currency by 10%.

We wont be paying a quarter million for MN's in fiat or gold or cardboard or gains of sand. get past that. BTC's or crypto ONLY, where the values are determined by the free market. 5 BTC will always be worth 5BTC and the OC curve will reflect that, no matter what gold or paper is worth. Yes, MN will be worth millions in fiat, but who's going to pay that? No one, because fiat will be a joke at that point. Either cash in your fiat now, or be left behind. Your way of thinking will not allow crypto to realize its potential. Crypto HAS to be worth more than any fiat or gold or whatever, to fulfill it's destiny. Embrace or again, get left behind.
I understand crypto vs fiat in arenas that ppl on this thread are clearly unaware even exist.

And the reason for expressing amounts in USD is because that is the only way ppl will understand how much the deal stinks.

The reason for not wanting to express this deal in USD dollars is exactly the opposite of above.

btw i realize everyone wants to pretend that fiat isn't currently dominating the planet, but we are all forced everyday to finally figure almost every amount in fiat, if we wish to function in this world.  You want to pretend this isn't true, fine.  Hopefully someday it wont be.
Halofire

@halofirebtc

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 06:23:28 PM

I understand crypto vs fiat in arenas that ppl on this thread are clearly unaware even exist.

And the reason for expressing amounts in USD is because that is the only way ppl will understand how much the deal stinks.

The reason for not wanting to express this deal in USD dollars is exactly the opposite of above.

btw i realize everyone wants to pretend that fiat isn't currently dominating the planet, but we are all forced everyday to finally figure almost every amount in fiat, if we wish to function in this world.  You want to pretend this isn't true, fine.  Hopefully someday it wont be.

I use fiat only when necessary, to pay rent or bills. Everything else I buy or will buy with crypto. I'm not pretending if I cast fiat aside as much as I can and use crypto. It's very real.

Halofire

@halofirebtc

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 06:26:37 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_hBhymFfm8

Exactly why I'm not pretending...

btcMagnet

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 06:32:40 PM

with bids specifying:

minimum trans charge and

What's the point of what I highlighted in orange if all the nodes get paid regardless whether they get used or not?
all nodes wouldn't necessarily be used, but if the low bid can't handle the traffic, the software selects the next lowest bid.

This is just a quick sketch of a plan, needs more detail im sure, but the point is we can work out something that discovers and maintains a fair market, and creates a vibrant and generously (not obscenely) paid network.  so if we have to few nodes for instance, we raise the min trans rates, and then bidding takes over again.
Halofire

@halofirebtc

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 06:36:18 PM

using tx fees as i stated, will depreciate OC. It would take 4 OC per tx to afford this service, an increase of 40% to our users, same result if we slashed PoS in half. I stated 400% in the past, but OC fees are .1 not .01. Sorry.

Also, what about the blocks that are issued with zero tx? MN wouldn't get paid.

cryptoba

Activity: 435
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 06:45:33 PM
Last edit: June 11, 2014, 07:02:17 PM by cryptoba

i think we need more and more talent guys to join our oc community. that is the most important poin.

We have got great people within the OC community.

It was fair from the Devs to decide to expose plans with such technical question. It was an intelligent way to get people an insight into the Masternodes.

It is  a positive sign that the price stabilized during this period; as it could have gone much more lower since there was a lot of confusion for some people.

This was a very important phase for OC and the right decision to have discussed of all this publicly.

Big thank you to Orangecoin, Halofire and Jim Rambler for all those technical moments and great work  Wink

Specialkey

Activity: 504

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 07:03:23 PM

We have got great people within the OC community.

It was fair from the Devs to decide to expose plans with such technical question.

My opinion is that it is a positive sign that the price stabilized during this period.

I agree but in the meamtime volume and prices goes a little down.

Good chance for new investors. Get OC  Grin
btcMagnet

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 07:07:36 PM

using tx fees as i stated, will depreciate OC. It would take 4 OC per tx to afford this service, an increase of 40% to our users, same result if we slashed PoS in half. I stated 400% in the past, but OC fees are .1 not .01. Sorry.

if the rate is too high we simply lower it,
if someone we need isn't getting paid, we pay em.

but you are way intelligent enough to know that already.

so it doesn't really seem like you're trying to grasp this trans-pay method,
is you're mind is already made up?
Halofire

@halofirebtc

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 07:19:10 PM

if the rate is too high we simply lower it,
if someone we need isn't getting paid, we pay em.

but you are way intelligent enough to know that already.

so it doesn't really seem like you're trying to grasp this trans-pay method,
is you're mind is already made up?

My mind is not made up, nor will it be. I'm a voice for the community, and I back what the community as a whole wants, including you. I agree the Nodes will get paid handsomely, but it's ok for now for the service they will provide. I don't know whats right for OC, but I know whats wrong. I can see how the 3 or 4 scenarios I originally posted 5 days ago could affect the global economics, but this payout per year for the Mnodes is a problem I acknowledge, but can't provide solutions for except bidding like you suggested, but by doing so creates a workload for the devs every few months. So from what I'm inferring is the devs are paying the MN well enough to free up the additional workload. I sure as hell won't be doing these calculations or bidding schedules.

Pages: « 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 [101] 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 ... 177 »
  Print  

Jump to: