Bitcoin Forum
September 08, 2024, 06:13:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 [102] 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 ... 177 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][OC] Orangecoin ★★ POS ★★ Anon Transactions ★★ Masternodes  (Read 209517 times)
fonzerrellie
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

Kaspa

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 07:51:02 PM

$80k will be divided among all the Mnodes in year 1. Yes. It's incentive to get nodes up and running and permanent. It's the pay of one person in real life, that we are splitting up for, say, 100 nodes. $800 per person  per year 1....  $67 per node per month. It's worth it to get the price up to pay next year's nodes.

If you are concerned with ppl getting overpaid, then buy some nodes Wink
If you are concerned with dilution, buy some nodes to increase your returns to afford the dilution.

I'm concerned with gross overpaying like any business man must be.

I wont be buying any MNs, i view all this as bankster class behavior,
and i don't participate in their bs either.

hmmm... here is one you may not have thought of:
consider that in a couple of years ppl may be paying a quarter mil or more for this 2-bit service,
then they will look back on this thread and see who set it up, they'll see my posts and all these figures you are agreeing to.

but im no fool, i know you guys are going to do this no matter what i or anyone says
only OC can save orange now from this crippling edict

lol Ok there, so 67. a month is a "gross over payment"  ? it's barely enough to entice people to put 2000 coins aside and shell out of their own pocket for servers, and yes if the value goes up it will make it more worth while but will also be partially due to the MN network working well and being stable. so of course people should be rewarded for believing in OC from the start and helping make it work.

so if value sky rockets and the OC in ALL of our wallets goes up in value and the 20% interest we are going to get will be worth that much more, the interest could bring in a sizable income for big bag holders so we better drop the % of pos??

lol sorry man I don't get what your pissed about, or what you think is unfair about early adopters taking the risk and being rewarded for it.

I'm going to start a masternode because I want to support OC and see it do well and I want to participate in it like I have from the start. lol not because I think it's going to be an instant boom and instant crazy profits or anything  lol that would be absurd to think anything is guaranteed in crypto in the coming years.

yes price dips as we hash this out, to be expected from crypto land, some get distracted by hype somewhere else then I'm sure some some sell a few off for trading games to make btc on other coins and prob hope to buy back in before client/node update. with the crazy volume the p'n d'ers get when their pushing a coin for a day or 2 a lot of people flock to make btc trading.

Thanks for all the hard work and hours Dev's

#Expanse $EXP 500 transactions 4 .1 EXP 1st Clone of ETH 
WAVES
Specialkey

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 07:56:05 PM

nice buy support comes in again and price climbs  Grin

Good work everybody  Grin
Specialkey

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 07:58:12 PM

Orangecoin Official Masternode Specifications Presentation.

After many hours spent listening and talking to the community it is officially announced that Masternodes will pay 10% on top of the POS rate, with those coin coming from the final years from 45 down to 41.

Please view the presentation and understand we must move forward with the code.

Thanks for information  Grin

btcMagnet

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 08:01:13 PM

using tx fees as i stated, will depreciate OC. It would take 4 OC per tx to afford this service, an increase of 40% to our users, same result if we slashed PoS in half. I stated 400% in the past, but OC fees are .1 not .01. Sorry.

Also, what about the blocks that are issued with zero tx? MN wouldn't get paid.

if the rate is too high we simply lower it,
if someone we need isn't getting paid, we pay em.

but you are way intelligent enough to know that already.

so it doesn't really seem like you're trying to grasp this trans-pay method,
is you're mind is already made up?

My mind is not made up, nor will it be. I'm a voice for the community, and I back what the community as a whole wants, including you. I agree the Nodes will get paid handsomely, but it's ok for now for the service they will provide. I don't know whats right for OC, but I know whats wrong. I can see how the 3 or 4 scenarios I originally posted 5 days ago could affect the global economics, but this payout per year for the Mnodes is a problem I acknowledge, but can't provide solutions for except bidding like you suggested, but by doing so creates a workload for the devs every few months. So from what I'm inferring is the devs are paying the MN well enough to free up the additional workload. I sure as hell won't be doing these calculations or bidding schedules.
well the software does the work in the transpay method im proposing, not you or the devs

in fact trans pay is less programming problems than the 10% plan being proposed (far less intervention in the existing code), not that that is a reason to do it.  Whatever we do should be strictly what is best for orange, our devs are capable of handling anything the community needs im sure.
cryptoba

Activity: 435
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 08:12:07 PM

Could the MN-miner gang step up and show themselves  Cheesy

BTCMagnet I have to admit a few things are too technical for me, but I think that you might be exaggerating a bit with the MN gang !  Grin
Halofire

Activity: 938

@halofirebtc

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 08:32:55 PM

BTCMagnet I have to admit a few things are too technical for me, but I think that you might be exaggerating a bit with the MN gang !  Grin

I have no intentions on setting up a MN, because I have no experience in the recommended fields. I could learn, I am a sponge, I'm sure the community and devs would assist me but its not necessary unless we need more nodes. So unless there's a ''called upon'' need for me to setup nodes, consider me a back-up plan.

OC Development - oZwWbQwz6LAkDLa2pHsEH8WSD2Y3LsTgFt
SMC Development - SgpYdoVz946nLBF2hF3PYCVQYnuYDeQTGu
Friendly reminder: Back up your wallet.dat files!!
Kuttingcorners

Activity: 446

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 08:45:19 PM

so 2000 coins to make a master node? shouldn't you need a larger investment?
btcMagnet

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 08:53:48 PM

the MN-gang is theoretical on my part, i hope they turn out to not exist at all.

But the probability of $80,000.00 plus price tags on this service is a matter of mathematics, not theory.

and it's just way too much, and figures (very soon) to be even more by my calculation,
btw i dont think even the creators of this coin realize its potential.

such astronomical overpaying would be an unnecessary drain on the oc economy for decades,
ie we could get the same, and prob better, service with a free market system.  

This principle is basic in all economic systems, and it is being total ignored by these hopeless attempts to divine and dictate the future value of orange.  You can't promise to pay a fixed amount in given currency for the next 45 years without having some clear idea of what that currency will be worth over that span of time.  Orange is going up in serious multiples soon, which makes this blind promise an unbelievably bad deal for the orange community.
Jim_Rambler

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 09:24:28 PM

the MN-gang is theoretical on my part, i hope they turn out to not exist at all.

But the probability of $80,000.00 plus price tags on this service is a matter of mathematics, not theory.

and it's just way too much, and figures (very soon) to be even more by my calculation,

such astronomical overpaying would be an unnecessary drain on the oc economy for decades,

This principle is basic in all economic systems, and it is being total ignored by these hopeless attempts to divine and dictate the future value of orange.  You can't promise to pay a fixed amount in given currency for the next 45 years without having some clear idea of what that currency will be worth over that span of time.  Orange is going up in serious multiples soon, which makes this blind promise an unbelievably bad deal for the orange community.

We are all sick of hearing this "paying for" and "$80,000 price tag" these are all numbers and words you have came up with. And you act like they are real, it makes you look like your arguing with yourself. We have decided to borrow this amount of coins from our children to help better the coin and raise the value now. If the original spec said 41 years and not 46 years, I'm sure you would have invested just as much and done nothing diffrent. If your still a stake holder in 41 years, and bitcointalk is still around then we can talk about this more. Do I plan on orangecoin lasting many years past it's 42st birthday? Yes!!! However I also plan on that same day looking back and thinking what a great choose it was to pay for masternodes. Once again if you want to be upset at $80,000 price tag for masternodes then, also be upset about that same price tag being $800,000 (10 time more) for PoS. PoS only allows normal transactions, not running a server with up keep prices and un spendable coins.
VladMaster

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 09:40:25 PM

Vote on Poloniex if u didnt yet!
fonzerrellie
Legendary

Kaspa

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 09:40:35 PM

"the MN-gang is theoretical on my part" lol no kidding, but why throw around and imply negative assumptions like that?  just because you don't feel you've been listened to ?  

the fact that we're even being let in on this discussion and that it's totally public shows nobody is trying to "dictate" anything. If they were this discussion wouldn't be happening and we would have gotten whatever they decided by themselves.

the dev's can't be expected to please everyone and I am confident their going to do whats best for orangecoin while trying their best to take everyones opinions into consideration.

if your theory on automated bidding or pay adjustments is truly easiest and logical then I'm sure it's being taken into consideration.

Please don't be butt hurt that someone who's only been a participating member of our community since the 7th is being looked at cautiously as someone who may be just trying to stir up sh!t and drag out the conversation longer than it has to be, we were mined on dedicated weren't hiding in some private pool... you could have been part of this conversation from the start like many of us have been. there's lots of manipulative people in crypto that do all sorts of dirty things to hurt or slow down other coins and we have a right to be cautious and skeptical of newbs (most people in crypto have months on these threads not days)

WAVES
Specialkey

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 10:00:02 PM

"the MN-gang is theoretical on my part" lol no kidding, but why throw around and imply negative assumptions like that?  just because you don't feel you've been listened to ?  

the fact that we're even being let in on this discussion and that it's totally public shows nobody is trying to "dictate" anything. If they were this discussion wouldn't be happening and we would have gotten whatever they decided by themselves.

the dev's can't be expected to please everyone and I am confident their going to do whats best for orangecoin while trying their best to take everyones opinions into consideration.

if your theory on automated bidding or pay adjustments is truly easiest and logical then I'm sure it's being taken into consideration.

Please don't be butt hurt that someone who's only been a participating member of our community since the 7th is being looked at cautiously as someone who may be just trying to stir up sh!t and drag out the conversation longer than it has to be, we were mined on dedicated weren't hiding in some private pool... you could have been part of this conversation from the start like many of us have been. there's lots of manipulative people in crypto that do all sorts of dirty things to hurt or slow down other coins and we have a right to be cautious and skeptical of newbs (most people in crypto have months on these threads not days)

+1  Grin

Wild Wild West  Wink

cryptoba

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 10:01:24 PM

We are all sick of hearing this "paying for" and "$80,000 price tag" these are all numbers and words you have came up with. And you act like they are real, it makes you look like your arguing with yourself. We have decided to borrow this amount of coins from our children to help better the coin and raise the value now. If the original spec said 41 years and not 46 years, I'm sure you would have invested just as much and done nothing diffrent. If your still a stake holder in 41 years, and bitcointalk is still around then we can talk about this more. Do I plan on orangecoin lasting many years past it's 42st birthday? Yes!!! However I also plan on that same day looking back and thinking what a great choose it was to pay for masternodes. Once again if you want to be upset at $80,000 price tag for masternodes then, also be upset about that same price tag being $800,000 (10 time more) for PoS. PoS only allows normal transactions, not running a server with up keep prices and un spendable coins.

I understand that Jim Rambler, who has been working hard and good, is a bit pissed off with btcMagnet who always comes out with the same points. Even if, the toughts of btcMagnet might very interesting, he just created an account on the 7th, so btcMagnet as to understand that by such technical points, he should accept that is position is not easy to understand and should try to be more diplomatic.
cryptoba

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 10:02:41 PM

+1  Grin

Wild Wild West  Wink

+1 Well said Fonzerrellie
btcMagnet

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 10:09:23 PM

"[You] let [me] in on this discussion" .....?   lol... well gosh thank you
and just how did you propose to keep me out?

if i weren't speaking we would probably be looking at a 15 or 20% train wreck in oc future
instead of a 10% gouge.

btw i was trying optimistically to give the MN-gang the benefit of a very small doubt, that gets smaller as you speak. Maybe i simply prefered to think that the distance between what you and i are saying is based on ignorance as opposed to greed.

and you look at my new status and suggest that is relevant, well it isn't.
besides, don't believe everything you read
if you think i just parachuted into cc you haven't been paying much attention.
Halofire

Activity: 938

@halofirebtc

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 10:12:07 PM

Time vested is irrelevant, as long as the community member's point are valid. But I understand your concerns about btcmagnet being a new community member also. Please don't attack that aspect, he's entitled to voice his thoughts, as much as the guy who invests in 1 OC tomorrow.

OC Development - oZwWbQwz6LAkDLa2pHsEH8WSD2Y3LsTgFt
SMC Development - SgpYdoVz946nLBF2hF3PYCVQYnuYDeQTGu
Friendly reminder: Back up your wallet.dat files!!
Bloodpainter

Activity: 5

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 10:13:24 PM

I may be new to posting in the forums, but I do know that you are cutting your ankles before you begin to run.  The price of OC is astronomically low compared to your supposed guess of figures, and I hate to play devils advocate, but just like growing a business, your odds of success are REALLY low.

I am a large holder of OC, and I do believe that this coin has the capability of a short term healthy gain and traction if the devs continue to innovate, but saying this coin will be worth half of what blackcoin is, is a huge undertaking, one that I am skeptical about.  

In the world of crypto, long term IS 6 months, thats the make or break time (some would argue even less than that), so please let the devs continue to innovate in the next month, and not worry about 42 years down the line, this conversation needs to end, progress needs to be made.
Jim_Rambler

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 10:17:05 PM

Cheers very one!! You have all been great, I did have my hang ups about setting myself up for a large 24/7 group discussion about this. However with a community like OC I just knew we could pull this off. It's been a pleasure having this conv. with all of you. Haha even though at times it may of looked like I had my buttons pushed, just remember I may just need a little sleep, Which I plan on tonight.
fonzerrellie
Legendary

Kaspa

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 10:18:55 PM
Last edit: June 11, 2014, 10:30:04 PM by fonzerrellie

"[You] let [me] in on this discussion" .....?   lol... well gosh thank you
and just how did you propose to keep me out?

if i weren't speaking we would probably be looking at a 15 or 20% train wreck in oc future
instead of a 10% gouge.

btw i was trying optimistically to give the MN-gang the benefit of a very small doubt, that gets smaller as you speak. Maybe i simply prefered to think that the distance between what you and i are saying is based on ignorance as opposed to greed.

and you look at my new status and suggest that is relevant, well it isn't.
besides, don't believe everything you read
if you think i just parachuted into cc you haven't been paying much attention.

"[You] let [me] in on this discussion" "golf clap" way to twist words man.

if your not new then why start a new account just for OC?  most people use the same account for all their conversations on here and don't try to slink around... so ya of course it seems suspicious

and it doesn't mean your points are irrelevant, but your intentions maybe suspect

EDIT:  "and just how did you propose to keep me out?"  you obviously didn't read it correctly... "the fact that we're even being let in on this discussion and that it's totally public shows nobody is trying to "dictate" anything. If they were this discussion wouldn't be happening and we would have gotten whatever they decided by themselves."  Notice the word "WE'RE"... if they wanted to leave US out of the conversation they could have done it all privately and released whatever set up they wanted.

I have nothing to do with the dev team, I'm just a supporter so please stop implying that I am anything but.

WAVES
cryptoba

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 10:22:28 PM

I am sure btcMagnet will survive it and what Fonzerrellie said was also right.

But, btcMagnet, thought he was again against greedy picks but we are not, maybe ignorant when it's too technical, for my part.

BtcMagnet is of course welcome, but he was very offensive, but also constructive.  In this very important discussion round, btcMagnet's position was not always easy to understand at the beginning.

OC loves critical and constructive discussions Cheesy
Pages: « 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 [102] 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 ... 177 »
  Print  

Jump to: