Bitcoin Forum
September 14, 2024, 09:13:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 [104] 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 ... 177 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][OC] Orangecoin ★★ POS ★★ Anon Transactions ★★ Masternodes  (Read 209520 times)
Halofire

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

@halofirebtc

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 03:23:54 PM

I think it sounds reasonable so far, I do have a couple of questions though.
It was mentioned before that a static IP is required. I guess this is because an address needs to be provided so it can be added to the config file.
Is it possible instead to have a domain name that tracks a dynamic IP? Or must it be static?
Also, someone mentioned that DDOS protection would be required as the nodes would be targetted. Is this just an assumption or has this been proven to be the case from other coins that have masternodes set up?
What is the real risk in hosting a node on a server used for other perposes?

Ddos isn't necessary if you are able to restart your server/node immediately after an attack. But are you able to stand by your computer for days? DDOS protects your server from this and ensures your node stays up and provides that security of knowing the node is safe to the network. Your server if used for anything else woud be affected by such an attack since ddos attacks go for the entire server, not the part with the node.

I understand that if ddosed all services would be effected, I suppose my question was more what the chances of a ddos occurring, are there any known accounts if a ddos against masternodes?

Would like my other question answered more though, would a domain like ones from no-ip work, or does the connection have to be a static ip?

Predicting whether you'd be ddos'd would depend on the current state of affairs in OC or crypto, aside from the random chance of the malevolent hacker. Chances are low, right now. Haven't heard of a node being attacked. It's possible since the IP would be listed on the OP or in the list of peers in the client's console.

Not sure about the static ip. Thats a question for jim rambler or OC or the Darkcoin ppl. I would ASSUME it would have to be static so ppl can find you to download the blockchain.

OC Development - oZwWbQwz6LAkDLa2pHsEH8WSD2Y3LsTgFt
SMC Development - SgpYdoVz946nLBF2hF3PYCVQYnuYDeQTGu
Friendly reminder: Back up your wallet.dat files!!
Orangecoin (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 04:06:23 PM

Orangecoin (OP)

Activity: 84

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 04:18:38 PM

I think it sounds reasonable so far, I do have a couple of questions though.
It was mentioned before that a static IP is required. I guess this is because an address needs to be provided so it can be added to the config file.
Is it possible instead to have a domain name that tracks a dynamic IP? Or must it be static?
Also, someone mentioned that DDOS protection would be required as the nodes would be targetted. Is this just an assumption or has this been proven to be the case from other coins that have masternodes set up?
What is the real risk in hosting a node on a server used for other perposes?

Ddos isn't necessary if you are able to restart your server/node immediately after an attack. But are you able to stand by your computer for days? DDOS protects your server from this and ensures your node stays up and provides that security of knowing the node is safe to the network. Your server if used for anything else woud be affected by such an attack since ddos attacks go for the entire server, not the part with the node.

I understand that if ddosed all services would be effected, I suppose my question was more what the chances of a ddos occurring, are there any known accounts if a ddos against masternodes?

Would like my other question answered more though, would a domain like ones from no-ip work, or does the connection have to be a static ip?

Predicting whether you'd be ddos'd would depend on the current state of affairs in OC or crypto, aside from the random chance of the malevolent hacker. Chances are low, right now. Haven't heard of a node being attacked. It's possible since the IP would be listed on the OP or in the list of peers in the client's console.

Not sure about the static ip. Thats a question for jim rambler or OC or the Darkcoin ppl. I would ASSUME it would have to be static so ppl can find you to download the blockchain.

Yes a static IP would help identify the Masternodes. That's if there are any more ipv4 addresses left.
Specialkey

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 04:27:12 PM

+1  Grin
Specialkey

Activity: 504

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 05:33:59 PM

Welcome To
ⓄⓇⒶⓃⒼⒺⒸⓄⒾⓃ

Don't forget to vote @ Cryptsy, Poloniex, and Mintpal!
https://www.cryptsy.com/coinvotes
https://www.mintpal.com/voting
https://poloniex.com/voting

Come on over to orangecoins.info/forum/ for the latest updates on everything Orange!
Stop by and check out the giveaways, Art Contest with BIGGER OC prizes, bounties, paid referral program and more...!

ONLY 3 DAYS LEFT TO ENTER THE ART CONTEST!
Don't miss your chance at 30k in prizes!

We're on IRC! #orangecoindev

Do you have something to add to Orangecoin? A service or merchandise, perhaps?
Inquire with Orangecoin or myself!

Good time for a vote  Grin

bep42

Activity: 910

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 07:31:34 PM

Dear OrangeCoin community,

We had some troubles during the launch but now it's over and we tell you all about that just below :

We really apologize for how it all started, we can really say it was a bad start and we`re sorry for that.
Not the platform itself. There is all fine, we haven`t lost 0.1 coin. All trades were correct and not one withdraw or deposit was stuck or delayed.
The balances are positive and we could payout every single coin immediately.
But our information politics were suboptimal and we see that we have to learn a lot on this sector.
We are developers, web designers or admins but unfortunately no marketing guys or lawyers.
To show you, that our plan is to be here for long-term we are now a uk based registered limited and our whois is according the company informations.
We see that it was a mistake to launch without this and that`s why we kept quiet for some time now.
We simply wanted to clear this whole situation before we can`t present hard facts.

This is our company information:
UK company registration #9082950
Certificate of incorporation

Cryptocoiny Limited
Kemp House
152 City Road,
London EC1V 2NX

None of your registrar information for the domain has been updated. Its still the same scammy looking information. Further, service providers don't mask registrar information of domains with fake information. If you register a domain with a service provider they do one of the two following things:

1) Put all of your information in as the registrar of the domain.
2) mask your private information if you choose to privatize your domain registration (which costs extra, always).

The one thing service providers DO NOT EVER DO is use FALSE information. This domain is registered with false information and has not been updated. The address listed is used for 13,000+ other websites. I find your explanation unacceptable.

You`re right and wrong.
This is no excuse, we just want to show that we haven`t lied.
Please check this OVH page about whois informations:
http://help.ovh.co.uk/Owo

I quote:
This guide explains how to hide personal information (address, phone / fax and email) from the public Whois.
This service is free and available for most domains:. Com /. Net /. Org /. Info /. Biz /. Cc /. Me. Mobi. Tv

The principle operation of OWO:

The contact address field is replaced in the Whois with a post office box linked to OVH OWO, and we received letters refer to the actual recipient.
The phone and fax fields are replaced by a number OWO.
The email field is replaced by a redirect that points to the original email address. This address is refreshed regularly and anti-SPAM filtering is performed.

You see, it`s free and OVH does change the information with false information. And OVH is one of the biggest hosters worldwide, at least they`re in the top 5.

That lets open the fact why did we do this ?! And that is where you`re right. It`s not acceptable and we apologize for that.
We changed the whois last time but it could be that it wasn`t updated all over the net so fast, so this time we waited a lot more hours so that our whois is correct from whereever you will check it.
We had no bad intentions when we did this, it was really just a mistake on our side. Else our CEO wouldn`t have posted all his personal information in this thread.
But we accept the consequences and that it makes it even harder for us to gain your trust.

We hope this shows our good will and that we`re willing to improve and hope that you give us a second chance to prove that to you.

regards

Your Kingcoiny Team
Halofire

@halofirebtc

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 07:37:13 PM

Dear OrangeCoin community,

We had some troubles during the launch but now it's over and we tell you all about that just below :

We really apologize for how it all started, we can really say it was a bad start and we`re sorry for that.
Not the platform itself. There is all fine, we haven`t lost 0.1 coin. All trades were correct and not one withdraw or deposit was stuck or delayed.
The balances are positive and we could payout every single coin immediately.
But our information politics were suboptimal and we see that we have to learn a lot on this sector.
We are developers, web designers or admins but unfortunately no marketing guys or lawyers.
To show you, that our plan is to be here for long-term we are now a uk based registered limited and our whois is according the company informations.
We see that it was a mistake to launch without this and that`s why we kept quiet for some time now.
We simply wanted to clear this whole situation before we can`t present hard facts.

This is our company information:
UK company registration #9082950
Certificate of incorporation

Cryptocoiny Limited
Kemp House
152 City Road,
London EC1V 2NX

None of your registrar information for the domain has been updated. Its still the same scammy looking information. Further, service providers don't mask registrar information of domains with fake information. If you register a domain with a service provider they do one of the two following things:

1) Put all of your information in as the registrar of the domain.
2) mask your private information if you choose to privatize your domain registration (which costs extra, always).

The one thing service providers DO NOT EVER DO is use FALSE information. This domain is registered with false information and has not been updated. The address listed is used for 13,000+ other websites. I find your explanation unacceptable.

You`re right and wrong.
This is no excuse, we just want to show that we haven`t lied.
Please check this OVH page about whois informations:
http://help.ovh.co.uk/Owo

I quote:
This guide explains how to hide personal information (address, phone / fax and email) from the public Whois.
This service is free and available for most domains:. Com /. Net /. Org /. Info /. Biz /. Cc /. Me. Mobi. Tv

The principle operation of OWO:

The contact address field is replaced in the Whois with a post office box linked to OVH OWO, and we received letters refer to the actual recipient.
The phone and fax fields are replaced by a number OWO.
The email field is replaced by a redirect that points to the original email address. This address is refreshed regularly and anti-SPAM filtering is performed.

You see, it`s free and OVH does change the information with false information. And OVH is one of the biggest hosters worldwide, at least they`re in the top 5.

That lets open the fact why did we do this ?! And that is where you`re right. It`s not acceptable and we apologize for that.
We changed the whois last time but it could be that it wasn`t updated all over the net so fast, so this time we waited a lot more hours so that our whois is correct from whereever you will check it.
We had no bad intentions when we did this, it was really just a mistake on our side. Else our CEO wouldn`t have posted all his personal information in this thread.
But we accept the consequences and that it makes it even harder for us to gain your trust.

We hope this shows our good will and that we`re willing to improve and hope that you give us a second chance to prove that to you.

regards

Your Kingcoiny Team

Thank you for addressing this.
I'll verify that my trades and balances are ok. Withdrawals, idk.

bep42

Activity: 910

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 07:43:33 PM

Thanks for the feedback!
Halofire

@halofirebtc

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 09:51:45 PM

I like it too! +1

btcMagnet

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 10:03:59 PM

OC this is great ya know, out of the park
btcMagnet

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 10:59:37 PM
Last edit: June 13, 2014, 12:43:27 AM by btcMagnet

The most conservative aspect of my estimates is the fact that I used BC as a comparison,
which is not even an anon coin. (could have used dark you know, even when compensating for the difference in total number (12 to 1) this bumps the 80k figure to well over 300k per year for the service in question)

And here's a free tip... any coin that is not anon is going to be very seriously disadvantaged when ppl generally realize that non-anon coins (including btc btw) leave a double-wide trail engraved in digital stone.
because... At least half the wealth flowing into cc is trying to escape being tracked somewhere down the road.

So once again sensibility and innovation have been thwarted by traditional ignorance and myopic greed.  No surprises here.

The MN-miner gang will be silent now having successfully arranged the outrageous pork train they were seeking... (this gang was never theory btw, but a matter of record for the literate lol, i was just trying to give these blatant insiders a tactful way out, but they didn't have the sense to take it, so... nm)

No one supporting this insane plan wants anymore highly recognizable and revealing 'USD numbers' being prominently displayed:

such as three hundred thousand dollars ($300,000.00) a year for Mnodes
(if dark turns out to be a closer cousin than black, which i consider to be the higher probability). [see quote above]

The proof is simple math, which unfortunately appears too complicated for this thread, but bottom line is...

over $300k this year will be sucked out by Mnode operators if OC goes to just $1 a coin within the time frame it took dark to go to $10, thereby returning profits hundreds of times the MN expenses, with clueless investors paying the difference.  Sounds fair to me... but nm.

The amazing part is that orange will still prosper, it won't even be noticeably slowed down by this incredible blunder.  So my continued recommendation is to buy more, especially at these xmas morning prices.

besides within months
the community will feel the porky price, strenuously object, and devs will be forced to do it right

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
(transpay market discovery, see prior post)

(But this is still no reason for agreeing to grossly overpay for any 2-bit service even for a matter of months,
bad business all round, having to fix it won't be great PR either, but again... nm)

btw i wonder how many have noticed that when comparing BC to OC, BC has more coins (almost 50% more currently), and this will be true for many years to come.  OC has a relatively low rate of new coin creation which is obviously being overlooked by the market, but eventually the laws of S+D will define these smaller numbers with price adjustment, and you wanna be up to your bloody eyeballs in orange when this happens.

but until then i warn, keep your eyeballs and oranges peeled for any attempt to raise the 10% pork size of
this looming MN bankster-class pie.  10% is already deep into the twilight zone.

The gloating recipients of the MN honeypots will be glad to hear that I can't be burning much more time trying to educate their benefactors, but will continue my search for signs of intelligent life in crypto.  No charge for the 10 million dollars worth of advice, since you only used about 5 cents worth.

btcMagnet

ps don't forget, if you're fondling coins out there...

Ancient Orangease proverb say:  Orange in hand worth two in squoosh.

Jim_Rambler

Activity: 70

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 12:45:41 AM

The most conservative aspect of my estimates is the fact that I used BC as a comparison,
which is not even an anon coin. (could have used dark you know, even when compensating for the difference in total number (12 to 1) this bumps the 80k figure to well over 300k per year for the service in question)

And here's a free tip... any coin that is not anon is going to be very seriously disadvantaged when ppl generally realize that non-anon coins (including btc btw) leave a double-wide trail engraved in digital stone.
because... At least half the wealth flowing into cc is trying to escape being tracked somewhere down the road.

So once again sensibility and innovation have been thwarted by traditional ignorance and myopic greed.  No surprises here.

The MN-miner gang will be silent now having successfully arranged the outrageous pork train they were seeking... (this gang was never theory btw, but a matter of record for the literate lol, i was just trying to give these blatant insiders a tactful way out, but they didn't have the sense to take it, so... nm)

No one supporting this insane plan wants anymore highly recognizable and revealing 'USD numbers' being prominently displayed:

(if dark turns out to be a closer cousin than black, which i consider to be the higher probability). [see quote above]

The proof is simple math, which unfortunately appears too complicated for this thread, but bottom line is...

over $300k this year will be sucked out by Mnode operators if OC goes to just $1 a coin within the time frame it took dark to go to $10, thereby returning profits hundreds of times the MN expenses, with clueless investors paying the difference.  Sounds fair to me... but nm.

The amazing part is that orange will still prosper, it won't even be noticeably slowed down by this incredible blunder.  So my continued recommendation is to buy more, especially at these xmas morning prices.

besides within months
the community will feel the porky price, strenuously object, and devs will be forced to do it right

(But this is still no reason for agreeing to grossly overpay for any 2-bit service even for a matter of months,
bad business all round, having to fix it won't be great PR either, but again... nm)

btw i wonder how many have noticed that when comparing BC to OC, BC has more coins (almost 50% more currently), and this will be true for many years to come.  OC has a relatively low rate of new coin creation which is obviously being overlooked by the market, but eventually the laws of S+D will define these smaller numbers with price adjustment, and you wanna be up to your bloody eyeballs in orange when this happens.

but until then i warn, keep your eyeballs and oranges peeled for any attempt to raise the 10% pork size of
this looming MN bankster-class pie.  10% is already deep into the twilight zone.

The gloating recipients of the MN honeypots will be glad to hear that I can't be burning much more time trying to educate their benefactors, but will continue my search for signs of intelligent life in crypto.  No charge for the 10 million dollars worth of advice, since you only used about 5 cents worth.

btcMagnet

Ancient Orangease proverb say:  Orange in hand worth two in squoosh.

Please stop posting fear tactic numbers, the Masternode spec conversation is over support it or move on.

If must look at rewards like we are paying for something. Finish your math, and use your numbers completely.

MN get $300k for running servers, having the coins locked, exempt from PoS and transfer Anonymous Transactions

While PoS will ALWAYS get 10x more for doing regular transactions, so $3,000,000 paid to simple keep your wallet open. (The big thing your leaving out of your math is when masternodes are running those coins are not able to stack PoS and all the coins left to stake PoS, GET MORE of the % rewarded to PoS because there will be less coins to split the PoS % between.) 

Both of these services are needed!!!

Also if you want to cherry pick numbers from other coins and use them half way, then once again your not just showing facts, your manipulating them.

So you have made a point to call darkcoin our cousin and cherry picked their numbers in your fear tactic math.

So to use your wording how much is Darkcoin "paying to have masternodes?"

1036DRK/day which is at todays price $10,732.96 PER DAY!!!

or $3,917,530.40 a YEAR to the masternodes, Stop your belly aching over $300,000 a YEAR
btcMagnet

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 02:12:54 AM
Last edit: June 13, 2014, 03:03:42 AM by btcMagnet

So once again sensibility and innovation have been thwarted by traditional ignorance and myopic greed.  No surprises here.

over $300k this year will be sucked out by Mnode operators if OC goes to just $1 a coin within the time frame it took dark to go to $10, thereby returning profits hundreds of times the MN expenses, with clueless investors paying the difference.  Sounds fair to me... but nm.

The amazing part is that orange will still prosper, it won't even be noticeably slowed down by this incredible blunder.  So my continued recommendation is to buy more, especially at these xmas morning prices.

besides within months

btw i wonder how many have noticed that when comparing BC to OC, BC has more coins (almost 50% more currently), and this will be true for many years to come.  OC has a relatively low rate of new coin creation which is obviously being overlooked by the market, but eventually the laws of S+D will define these smaller numbers with price adjustment, and you wanna be up to your bloody eyeballs in orange when this happens.

this looming MN bankster-class pie.  10% is already deep into the twilight zone.

The gloating recipients of the MN honeypots will be glad to hear that I can't be burning much more time trying to educate their benefactors, but will continue my search for signs of intelligent life in crypto.  No charge for the 10 million dollars worth of advice, since you only used about 5 cents worth.

btcMagnet

Ancient Orangease proverb say:  Orange in hand worth two in squoosh.

Please stop posting fear tactic numbers, the Masternode spec conversation is over support it or move on.

If must look at rewards like we are paying for something. Finish your math, and use your numbers completely.

MN get $300k for running servers, having the coins locked, exempt from PoS and transfer Anonymous Transactions

While PoS will ALWAYS get 10x more for doing regular transactions, so $3,000,000 paid to simple keep your wallet open. (The big thing your leaving out of your math is when masternodes are running those coins are not able to stack PoS and all the coins left to stake PoS, GET MORE of the % rewarded to PoS because there will be less coins to split the PoS % between.)  

Both of these services are needed!!!

Also if you want to cherry pick numbers from other coins and use them half way, then once again your not just showing facts, your manipulating them.

So you have made a point to call darkcoin our cousin and cherry picked their numbers in your fear tactic math.

So to use your wording how much is Darkcoin "paying to have masternodes?"

1036DRK/day which is at todays price $10,732.96 PER DAY!!!

or $3,917,530.40 a YEAR to the masternodes, Stop your belly aching over $300,000 a YEAR

ok so you're saying dark is bleeding $ through every orifice,
paying nearly 4 mil dollars a year for a service that can be done for relative peanuts
and your argument is we should hurry up and follow them into that coin burner.

you have made my point here better than i ever could,
so i guess a 'thank you' is in order

btw MN operators should obviously NOT be penalized in any way
(or be omitted from pos rewards) for operating nodes
that's double talk, we covered compensations being 'what ever it takes' days ago (pay attention ok),
but i still appreciate you exposing that $4 mil figure, man are those poor souls getting reamed.

they'll wake up eventually though, hey maybe they'll read your post lol
(wonder what % of investors knows this figure, bet it's small...
maybe u should take a poll on the dark thread)
that could be the spark that launches their service into a free market lol (im getting goosebumps here)
you could end up saving them millions... they owe you a yacht man. (im a witness)

Is this a great business or what, and thanks again for that 4 mil figure,
damn maybe that number will turn OC around now, save a lot of money and grief
it sure knocked me over. wow 4 mil $ eh, right off the top of their cap... every year... damn.

anyway GREAT POST man, any other bombshells for us?

EDIT: btw if $300k is scary wtf is 4 mil $
Halofire

@halofirebtc

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 03:03:46 AM

curious to see what darkcoin says about 4 million. lol....

Jim_Rambler

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 03:28:23 AM

curious to see what darkcoin says about 4 million. lol....

Well the darkcoin is not looking at this the weird way is has been manipulated in these post. PoS can be done for small rewards just the same. They only reasone these numbers are so high is because the coins prices is proportionately higher as well. I mean we don't go lowering PoW rewards based on the coins price, bc just like MD we know there will be more miners the spread the reward thinner. The fact that we are looking at this large amount and not saying, more MN will be put up or that PoS will be 10x higher is just wierd and Im not sure how else to say it.
Jim_Rambler

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 03:41:42 AM

Ok I'm on my moblie but will be at my 80+ spreadsheets in a little while here.

btcMagnet : what do you feel a comfy amount in $ is to pay MN and I will work the numbers out. I'm being for really here, do you like $50k or $30k what do you feel is a good number? Just a rough number so I can work out the grid for use all..
btcMagnet

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 04:46:33 AM

btcMagnet : what do you feel a comfy amount in $ is to pay MN and I will work the numbers out. I'm being for really here, do you like $50k or $30k what do you feel is a good number? Just a rough number so I can work out the grid for use all..
i don't think i could divine or dictate these numbers any better than u could,
 but i do know how to get them.

first we don't mind overpaying a little the first few months, but if were going to pay in orange
we have to be able to control the amount.  eventually we pay just enough to keep em lining up for a MNs, but we don't just throw tons of money away for decades.

idk, so what does it cost to set up/and maintain an MN?  we want to be generous, especially in the beginning. this has to work.

if someone invests say $1000 or a couple of btc for a year, we should probable arrange at least a $300 to $500 (30-50%) profit for the first 6 months or so, but even for that period we would need to control OC amounts, unless we promise btc or USD equivalents (which would also vary OC amounts)

i think there is also a limit to the number of MN we will need at a given moment based on historical user traffic ratios,
50% more than we seem to need would be one thing, while 10x what we need would be something else.

so we want to overpay at first because this service has to be first class all the way, and we want to always have a fluent number of nodes, ie more than we need by some comfortable %, say 15-30% maybe.

but we need a way to control the OC payouts down the road, we simply cannot make long range payment plans in a currency we know is going up dramatically, but not how much, this would be self destructive.

yeah halo if dark needs any piece of wise-up intel, it's that 4 mil figure, which is almost 10% of their cap
so every ten years or so these simple trans stations get the whole bleeding cake

anyway we need control down the road, no getting around it, that is the mistake dark made, and we don't need to repeat it.

i think a tranpay (earlier post) method might solve all the problems with relatively little programming,
and it would only cost a fraction of the blind payment plan.  But anything that allows the market to function naturally would work.

Jim_Rambler

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 05:03:43 AM

first we don't mind overpaying a little the first few months, but if were going to pay in orange
we have to be able to control the amount.  eventually we pay just enough to keep em lining up for a MNs, but we don't just throw tons of money away for decades.

idk, so what does it cost to set up/and maintain an MN?  we want to be generous, especially in the beginning. this has to work.

if someone invests say $1000 or a couple of btc for a year, we should probable arrange at least a $300 to $500 (30-50%) profit for the first 6 months or so, but even for that period we would need to control OC amounts, unless we promise btc or USD equivalents (which would also vary OC amounts)

i think there is also a limit to the number of MN we will need at a given moment based on historical user traffic ratios,
50% more than we seem to need would be one thing, while 10x what we need would be something else.

so we want to overpay at first because this service has to be first class all the way, and we want to always have a fluent number of nodes, ie more than we need by some comfortable %, say 15-30% maybe.

but we need a way to control the OC payouts down the road, we simply cannot make long range payment plans in a currency we know is going up dramatically, but not how much, this would be self destructive.

yeah halo if dark needs any piece of wise-up intel, it's that 4 mil figure, which is almost 10% of their cap
so every ten years or so these simple trans stations get the whole bleeding cake

anyway we need control down the road, no getting around it, that is the mistake dark made, and we don't need to repeat it.

i think a tranpay (earlier post) method might solve all the problems with relatively little programming,
and it would only cost a fraction of the blind payment plan.  But anything that allows the market to function naturally would work.

Cool let me work out a model for you based on a % of coins in circulation, giving a stable amount in MN so that transaction can go through. Seeing how we have no idea what amount of transaction will go through MN we will just use a % of total coins out there.
Jim_Rambler

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 05:17:29 AM

btw MN operators should obviously NOT be penalized in any way
(or be omitted from pos rewards) for operating nodes
that's double talk, we covered compensations being 'what ever it takes' days ago (pay attention ok),

Oh first when rereading I saw your mistake, MN will NOT get PoS while they are MN they are rewarded out of the MN reward. It is not a penalty, your misunderstanding here a little. MN earn a separate reward. Sorry for the confusion, this has been said a few times here. This was the whole point of finding their %
btcMagnet

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 05:34:26 AM
Last edit: June 13, 2014, 06:16:35 AM by btcMagnet

we have to be able to control the amount.  eventually we pay just enough to keep em lining up for a MNs, but we don't just throw tons of money away for decades.

idk, so what does it cost to set up/and maintain an MN?  we want to be generous, especially in the beginning. this has to work.

and it would only cost a fraction of the blind payment plan.  But anything that allows the market to function naturally would work.

Cool let me work out a model for you based on a % of coins in circulation, giving a stable amount in MN so that transaction can go through. Seeing how we have no idea what amount of transaction will go through MN we will just use a % of total coins out there.
k sounds great.  hmmmm notice also that in transpay, wallet software could subsidize user transfers , ie the network adds as much or little OC as wanted; (these coins being pealed from last pos as halo suggested) this % of subsidy being either keyed in periodically, or better yet automatic ie derived by computation. So if we need more MN support to maintain our lofty reliable service standards, then the software bumps the price, if we have more nodes than we want, it lowers.  Such adjustments could be severe if needed, especially early on, but i tend to think eventually they will steady down.
Pages: « 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 [104] 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 ... 177 »
  Print  

Jump to: