Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:32:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 [1164] 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 ... 2123 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency  (Read 4667352 times)
fluffypony
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060

GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2015, 10:58:20 PM

OK so Monero is as different to Bytecoin, Dashcoin, etc, as a Ferrari is to an Audi TT.....get it.

Care to explain *how* Monero is that different?  How is Monero tech so much more beneficial to users than Bytecoin/Dashcoin than a solid state disk is to a HD?   Does it sync faster and have faster transactions?  What exactly?

Sure: Dash has compromised privacy with, at best, a risk that based on probabilities. Monero delivers privacy with risks that are cryptographically negligible.

Dash has trivially exploited "instant" transactions voted on by an over-incentivised central network of nodes. Monero is looking to deliver a trustless hub-and-spoke payment system for instant transaction processing.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BlockaFett

Activity: 392
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 11:01:18 PM

OK so Monero is as different to Bytecoin, Dashcoin, etc, as a Ferrari is to an Audi TT.....get it.

Care to explain *how* Monero is that different?  How is Monero tech so much more beneficial to users than Bytecoin/Dashcoin than a solid state disk is to a HD?   Does it sync faster and have faster transactions?  What exactly?

Sure: Dash has compromised privacy with, at best, a risk that based on probabilities. Monero delivers privacy with risks that are cryptographically negligible.

Dash has trivially exploited "instant" transactions voted on by an over-incentivised central network of nodes. Monero is looking to deliver a trustless hub-and-spoke payment system for instant transaction processing.

Ask a simple question about Monero....Get a lecture from the Monero lead dev about....DASH?   Why?
papa_lazzarou

Activity: 649
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 11:03:40 PM

Care to explain *how* Monero is that different?  How is Monero tech so much more beneficial to users than Bytecoin/Dashcoin than a solid state disk is to a HD?   Does it sync faster and have faster transactions?  What exactly?

Ask a simple question about Monero....Get a lecture from the Monero lead dev about....DASH?   Why?

Because you geniuses decided to rename your coin Dash when there was already another coin called Dashcoin.
fluffypony
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060

GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2015, 11:05:28 PM

Ask a simple question about Monero....Get a lecture from the Monero lead dev about....DASH?   Why?

Hah hah, your ridiculous trolling has reached new heights, Blob of Feta.

You literally asked for a comparison, and then when you're given one you're all "OMG WHY DID YOU GIVE ME THAT COMPARISON WITH DASH? DEV MUST BE TROLLING, MONERO DEV DOES NO WORK ON MONERO AND ONLY TROLLS! IS IT TRUE?"

Johnny Mnemonic

Activity: 795
Merit: 514

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 11:07:26 PM

First, he asks:

Care to explain *how* Monero is that different?  How is Monero tech so much more beneficial to users than Bytecoin/Dashcoin than a solid state disk is to a HD?   Does it sync faster and have faster transactions?  What exactly?

Then he says:

If there's anything you can learn from Bytecoin, it might be a lesson in how to troll more effectively.
BlockaFett

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 11:09:13 PM

Hah hah, your ridiculous trolling has reached new heights, Blob of Feta.

You literally asked for a comparison, and then when you're given one you're all "OMG WHY DID YOU GIVE ME THAT COMPARISON WITH DASH? DEV MUST BE TROLLING, MONERO DEV DOES NO WORK ON MONERO AND ONLY TROLLS! IS IT TRUE?"

Err.... It was your claim that Monero was as different to Bytecoin/Dashcoin as an SSD was to an HD.  When I asked you why that is, you wrote above about how Monero is better than Dash.  How does that relate to your claim about other Cryptonote coins and then this reaction?
BlockaFett

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 11:10:09 PM

First, he asks:

Care to explain *how* Monero is that different?  How is Monero tech so much more beneficial to users than Bytecoin/Dashcoin than a solid state disk is to a HD?   Does it sync faster and have faster transactions?  What exactly?

Then he says:

If there's anything you can learn from Bytecoin, it might be a lesson in how to troll more effectively.

So whats the answer lol, it is the Dev's claim! how is Monero different to Bytecoin/Dashcoin like an SSD is to an HD like the *dev said*?
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 11:14:33 PM

Every single world-changing human invention can have it's benefit described in one sentence.

Oh really? What was the single-sentence value proposition of the internet back in 1988? Let's hear it... it better be visionary!

IDK. First way for users to instantly share digital information anywhere in the world using a common standard?  Is it a trick question?

How many users shared information in 1988? I started using the www with NCSA Mosaic in 1994 or 1995, and I didn't have a website until maybe 2002. Your value proposition is incorrect, and invalid until 20 years later.

Sure Fluff Smiley

Still waiting for you to provide evidence for your accusation of a fellow coin dev committing fraud that I woke up today and saw: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=560138.msg11163736#msg11163736

Some of the evidence is here (and I wasn't the first to collect or it either, but I can only vouch for my own research), which I'm sure you've seen, and if you weren't trolling you wouldn't be 'waiting' for evidence you are already well aware of.

Partial list, including referenced quotes, and I'm sure I missed some, as I just posted what I could find easily, without a lot of digging: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=999886.0

Seriously, disputing it by now is getting silly. If anything, the better tack for you guys at this point is "yes the instamine happened, including deceptive and misleading statements made by Evan and others to ochestrate it, but it doesn't matter because _______"

Just try to avoid filling in that blank with ongoing fraud like "the coins were redistributed in the market" though.
Johnny Mnemonic

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 11:19:07 PM

First, he asks:

Then he says:

So whats the answer lol, it is the Dev's claim! how is Monero different to Bytecoin/Dashcoin like an SSD is to an HD like the *dev said*?

Bytecoin isn't fungible due to the creators owning more than 4/5ths of the supply... this has been explained to you so many times you may have a learning disability if you still can't grasp it.

I don't follow dashcoin. Perhaps you should visit their thread and ask them what makes them special?
BlockaFett

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 11:19:08 PM

It goes like this: Monero devs destroy any troll attempt to FUD Monero, Dash trolls fail to grasp the moral defeat and keep pounding their heads against the wall, it hurts to watch. It must take that kind of dumb personality to shill Dash/Darkcoin.

It goes like this:

Ask a simple question like 'what is Monero's unique value/innovation compared to any other Cryptnote coin', or 'what unique innovation have the Monero dev's actually done over Bytecoin code after 1 year'

Then get 20 Monero posts evading the question, shouting about FUD, a million lines of code, attacking DASH...

But not one person actually tried to answer this question

FUD?  Not if it's true.

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 11:20:22 PM

Ask a simple question like 'what is Monero's unique value/innovation compared to any other Cryptnote coin', or 'what uniqu innovation have the Monero dev's actually done over Bytecoin code'

Then get 20 Monero posts evading the question, shouting about FUD, a million lines of code, attacking DASH...

In fact both questions were answered. I answered the first by explaining that no other cryptonote has an open public development process and a strong community (in fact arguably none has either one) and fluffypony answered the other with a specific list of features and improvements.
BlockaFett

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 11:20:47 PM

Ask a simple question like 'what is Monero's unique value/innovation compared to any other Cryptnote coin', or 'what uniqu innovation have the Monero dev's actually done over Bytecoin code'

In fact both questions were answered. I answered the first by explaining that no other cryptonote has an open public development process and a strong community (in fact arguably none has either one) and fluffypony answered the other with a specific list.

so zero innovation then, you admit that?
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 11:21:57 PM

In fact both questions were answered. I answered the first by explaining that no other cryptonote has an open public development process and a strong community (in fact arguably none has either one) and fluffypony answered the other with a specific list.

1. Cryptonote is uniquely innovative and for all practical purposes Monero is cryptonote.

2. See bold above.
BlockaFett

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 11:23:41 PM

1. Cryptonote is uniquely innovative and for all practical purposes Monero is cryptonote.

2. See bold above.

My question is not whether Cryptonote itself is an innovation, because there are lots of Crytonote coins

Question is what actual innovation (world-changing, profound etc) has Monero done on top of Cryptonote, after this whole year of development, and that would be any barrier to any other Crytponote coin springing up with the same innovation level, if the market wanted that...
Johnny Mnemonic

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 11:24:34 PM

Monero is also innovative in not being a scam.
BlockaFett

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 11:28:00 PM

Some people think that a coin that clones another coin then adds zero innovation after 1 year and then spends all day attacking every community / coin / exchange / user within spitting distance, and can't even answer a simple question about how it is innovative apart from saying 'everything else is a scam', might itself, be a scam.  Just pointing out the obvious.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 11:28:07 PM

2. See bold above.

My question is not whether Cryptonote is an innovation, because there are lots of Crytonote coins

There is only one that matters, but your logic is flawed. If cryptonote is innovative then all cryptonote coins are innovative, at least until one dominates over the others (which has happened).

Question is what actual innovation (world-changing, profound etc) has Monero done on tpop of Cryptonote, after this whole year of development, and that would be any barrier to any other Crytponote coin springing up with the same innovation level, if the market wanted that...

It is impossible for any code-level development to be not be copyable in a public open-source environment, so your question as I believe you intend it is nonsensical. In terms of non-code-level developments, I already answered. It is impossible, or at least extremely difficult, for any other cryptonote coin to "spring up" with the strength of the Monero community.

Lest you think I'm doing some kind of reverse justification here, I was preaching the extreme importance of strength-of-community in coin development last year, before during and after Monero's creation. I'm sure someone who is motivated can find posts supporting that. It should be obvious as a coin is inherently a social phenomenon.

Johnny Mnemonic

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 11:31:10 PM

Some people think that a coin that clones another coin then adds zero innovation after 1 year and then spends all day attacking every community / coin / exchange / user within spitting distance, and can't even answer a simple question about how it is innovative apart from saying 'everything else is a scam', might itself, be a scam.  Just pointing out the obvious.

Neither obvious nor accurate. Even if all the above were true, it would not make Monero a scam.

Keep trying.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 11:52:09 PM

innovation is the primary unique differential any investor looks for because it represents the greatest barrier to entry for competition to a first-mover tech.

If you were investing in ownership of the innovation (intellectual property) that is true. Buying a coin does not buy ownership of any intellectual property (other than the somewhat pedantic point that private keys may be a form of intellectual property), so your comment, as usual, is nonsensical.

If you want to "buy innovation" you should get the hell out of the cryptocurrency space and go buy into tech startups or other investments where you are actually buying a share of some innovative and protectable intellectual property assets.
dNote

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2015, 12:02:22 AM

5. Darknote - possibly tied to the original Bytecoin fraud, but not proven. Totally opaque process and little traction. Also the launch with an absurd

"Darknote - possibly tied to the original Bytecoin fraud, but not proven".

1. I claiming again and again and again - XDN, also known as duckNote, also known as DarkNote tied to original bytecoin ONLY by using their source code.
2. You have no proofs, but you say like that, thats a FUD.
3. I have proofs. Few of them, please, just think about that i am trying to tell:
-we (xdn dev team) developed XDN distribution model long ago before we knew about any CryptoNote
-we (xdn dev team) always were a strong believers of FAIR Proof-of-work, means for us ASICS elimination. We experimented a lot with scrypt coins and other algo, although, we were waiting for an absolute ASIC and GPU elimination. That is why when we first seen bytecoin and cryptonote, we started with XDN development.
before only my claiming, next goes facts
-approach of CN coins daemons-wallets was strange to us, but any way we strongly wanted to bring to life our libertarian coins distribution model on top of bytecoin ASIC-resistant code. Truly, anonymity was a feature, but not a goal for us, but later we understand the value of that feature. Now we are sure both anonymity and XDN libertarian distribution will bring success. So we changed distribution to be alike original Bitcoin distribution with block halving. Again because we were familiar with that and made lots of testnet experiments with scrypt and other algo coins.
-so after a fair announce and immediate launch of XDN, GUI problem appeared. And in next few weeks we made KWAG https://github.com/ducknote/kwag the very first GUI wrapper for simplewallet.
-in the middle of the last summer when our dev team was quite enough familiar with cryptonote coins approach and codebase, we started developing of Encrypted messaging cryptography. It is glued with cryptonote technology, but it is a separate feature, made by us from scratch, and we believe very important and valuable feature.
-Original DarkNote GUI, that was announced with xdn ducknote-darknote "quantum leap" made with wxWidgets. This is a C++ GUI lib, i think Monero devs are familiar with it, but it is not a QT. Early Bitcoin used wxWidgets too. But a week or so ago, bytecoin announced their GUI too, i must say i like the UI, but they have much much less features than we have in XDN GUI, and bytecoin GUI made with QT, NOT wxwidgets.
-Truly, i have lots things to say, and other dev guys too, but they chose to stay silent, and i chose not to speak to much about dev process, but when i see accusations, i must reply.

"Totally opaque process and little traction."
Wrong, again. look at http://stat.darknote.cc/, sorry and, please don`t judge, its in early early alpha, but you can see some stats about trading and  transactions volume.

"Also the launch with an absurd"

If you don`t understand the Game, you don`t play, you don`t have fun, does it means the game is absurd? So, yes, for you may be. And i still ask you. "do not concentrate on a finger."

We are (xdn dev team) making a great things, we are straight and consecutive in our steps, we are separate and independent even from each other. We communicate with XDN messaging, we make colleague decisions by voting, true democracy here. And all announcements are public at the time of decision, to avoid any insights. As you can see with XDN launch, as you can see with any our announce.

I personally do respect monero devs for their work, especially because of their web services, even being a competitor, but it is really hard to understand what made you guys so angry about XDN? So i do not know much about any other CN coins, since i can`t see features, but your behavior especially with DarkNote is discusting.
You seen the launch you seen dev process and trades, you know it is fair and have no relation with bytecoin or bytecoin devs, except of using their codebase, and still you use this angry enemy-search propaganda.

We make out stuff and we make it fair and good, if you thing i am wrong point me there.

P.S. Why i wrote it? Because i do research XDN related activity, if i see accusations i must reply.

DigitalNote XDN website http://digitalnote.org
XDN 1st blockchain deposits with interest & instant untraceable crypto messages GUI https://github.com/xdn-project/digitalnotewallet/releases
Bitcointalk topic https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1082745.new#new
Pages: « 1 ... 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 [1164] 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 ... 2123 »
  Print  

Jump to: