Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 02:03:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 [1174] 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 ... 2124 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency  (Read 4668465 times)
kazuki49

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 07:54:06 PM

I've been a large and long term holder of Monero up until this week, approx this time last year my XMR holdings were worth $60,000 and I've sold none until now, why did I decide to sell - because I took a good long look at the coin, it's development and potential as far as I could see it and decided that it was no longer something that I wished to support.

Why did I take a fresh look at it, because among other coins that I back is DASH and on the BCT DASH thread there is constant trolling by Monero fans and the dev smooth, just check how many posts he's made there today alone, dozens and dozens and dozens, why is this happening - I assume to make the thread unreadable and spread FUD, well it does this but it also creates a very poor image of crypto in general and Monero in particular, it is going out of one's way to try and antagonize everyone who sees it.

Feels so good to know I dumped 40k at 0.0039 Smiley

Respect

Respect Grin thats all you'll get from me too for dumping and making a profit in your XMRs.
primer-
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 07:57:54 PM

Holyshite primer-/BCX is dumping all his XMR we better turn the project to him!! Cheesy

So now (or soon) you have less XMR than the current devs so this makes you less "incentivized" to do anything. Logic is a bitch.

btw thanks for confirming the developers are not doing this to get rich quick, I welcome my new XMRj at 0.001.

I hope it holds at 0.001..  An inpatient Chinese miner, holding over 400k xmr wants to cash out... Risto/Warz might be able to help if they put up a 300btc wall at 0.0015..
kazuki49

Activity: 350

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 07:59:17 PM

Holyshite primer-/BCX is dumping all his XMR we better turn the project to him!! Cheesy

So now (or soon) you have less XMR than the current devs so this makes you less "incentivized" to do anything. Logic is a bitch.

btw thanks for confirming the developers are not doing this to get rich quick, I welcome my new XMRj at 0.001.

I hope it holds at 0.001..  An inpatient Chinese miner, holding over 400k xmr wants to cash out... Risto/Warz might be able to help if they put up a 300btc wall at 0.0015..

Tell him that "It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop - Confucius"
primer-
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 08:13:34 PM

I've been a large and long term holder of Monero up until this week, approx this time last year my XMR holdings were worth $60,000 and I've sold none until now, why did I decide to sell - because I took a good long look at the coin, it's development and potential as far as I could see it and decided that it was no longer something that I wished to support.

Why did I take a fresh look at it, because among other coins that I back is DASH and on the BCT DASH thread there is constant trolling by Monero fans and the dev smooth, just check how many posts he's made there today alone, dozens and dozens and dozens, why is this happening - I assume to make the thread unreadable and spread FUD, well it does this but it also creates a very poor image of crypto in general and Monero in particular, it is going out of one's way to try and antagonize everyone who sees it.

So I am no longer prepared to back a coin that has a main dev act in such a toxic way, I now no longer own any and do not plan to in the future, those remaining I wish you well with it but my decision to sell three days ago was primarily a business one, I do not see a bright future for this coin as things are atm I'm sorry to say.

I feel your pain. The entire dev team is behind the DASH FUD campaign. They chose smooth to carry the attack because he has nothing to lose, his reputation in this thread was lost months ago.
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 08:15:48 PM

It's quite simple. I express my opinion there. I happen to think there are a number of massively bad things going on in that project and I'm going to speak up about it. Unfortunately anti-Dash opinions are attacked and labeled as trolling (which they are not). If anything THAT attack-the-attacker mentality and the attempt to bully any and all critics until they give up and go away leaving only fanboys and promoters is what makes the thread unreadable.

Unlike here, btw, were any substantive criticism including yours is quite welcome and will be met with constructive and respectful replies (for the most part, I can't control every single participant). But I think if you are honest about it you will see an enormous difference in how the community responds to criticism. That, by the way, is one of the massively bad things that is going on with Dash.

You are entitled to your opinions though. Best of luck with Dash. You are going to need it.
tacotime
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 08:16:20 PM

itt people attempt to make sense of speculators because occam's razor of "playing a game of financial chicken and trying to pump and then dump in sync with everyone else" isn't illuminati enough

Code:
XMR: 44GBHzv6ZyQdJkjqZje6KLZ3xSyN1hBSFAnLP6EAqJtCRVzMzZmeXTC2AHKDS9aEDTRKmo6a6o9r9j86pYfhCWDkKjbtcns
GingerAle
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2015, 08:32:40 PM

So I am no longer prepared to back a coin that has a main dev act in such a toxic way, I now no longer own any and do not plan to in the future, those remaining I wish you well with it but my decision to sell three days ago was primarily a business one, I do not see a bright future for this coin as things are atm I'm sorry to say.

I feel your pain. The entire dev team is behind the DASH FUD campaign. They chose smooth to carry the attack because he has nothing to lose, his reputation in this thread was lost months ago.

I like the blurred out total amount of XMR in that image. just by gauging the space of the blur, it could be up to 99k monero or more. Thanks for your effort to push the price lower. Cheap monero nom nom nom.

Your definition of trolling is askew. Smooth talks about the DASH instamine and other things about DASH. Its DASH. Other people there bring up Monero. Thats not trolling as far as I understand it.

Unfortunately I went through the posts on the DRK thread (which google still only brings up as DRK) and found only 2 posts by smooth today. Of course this depends on your definition of today... so it looks like it started on 4960, which was 24 hours ago, and there was an initial conversation... whatever... i dunno why i engaged. Oh yeah, thats right, to point out that your goal was some type of market manipulation, because you're still holding monero, even though your post above says your "no longer holding any".

buh by.

< Track your bitcoins! > < Track them again! > <<< [url=https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1qomqt/what_a_landmark_legal_case_from_mid1700s_scotland/] What is fungibility? >>> 46P88uZ4edEgsk7iKQUGu2FUDYcdHm2HtLFiGLp1inG4e4f9PTb4mbHWYWFZGYUeQidJ8hFym2WUmWc p34X8HHmFS2LXJkf <<< Free subdomains at moneroworld.com!! >>> <<< If you don't want to run your own node, point your wallet to node.moneroworld.com, and get connected to a random node! @@@@ FUCK ALL THE PROFITEERS! PROOF OF WORK OR ITS A SCAM !!! @@@@
ddink7
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 08:35:13 PM

I like the blurred out total amount of XMR in that image. just by gauging the space of the blur, it could be up to 99k monero or more. Thanks for your effort to push the price lower. Cheap monero nom nom nom.

Your definition of trolling is askew. Smooth talks about the DASH instamine and other things about DASH. Its DASH. Other people there bring up Monero. Thats not trolling as far as I understand it.

Unfortunately I went through the posts on the DRK thread (which google still only brings up as DRK) and found only 2 posts by smooth today. Of course this depends on your definition of today... so it looks like it started on 4960, which was 24 hours ago, and there was an initial conversation... whatever... i dunno why i engaged. Oh yeah, thats right, to point out that your goal was some type of market manipulation, because you're still holding monero, even though your post above says your "no longer holding any".

buh by.

Expressing concern over the DASH instamine once...that is constructive participation.
Expressing concern over the DASH instamine several dozen times...that's trolling.

Dash - Digital Cash
https://www.dash.org/
DirtyUniverse

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

All I want is a new CLEAN page for just to live!

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 08:38:44 PM

Price will up or ... ?

Ok
AdamWhite

Activity: 605
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 08:40:01 PM

Desperate plea

I doubt anyone takes you seriously since it sounds like you're actually proud to support the DASH scam.

"I openly support fraudulently instamined coins." -Otoh
GTO911

Activity: 672

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 08:51:40 PM

snip

I dont know why are you following DASH, it has a shady past and masternode concept is flawed. But its all about the money right? But i second you on smooth, if i were a noob i would totally be not liking Monero if a core dev is fighting on other coin threads. He is doing great service and equal damage to Monero
GingerAle
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2015, 09:01:44 PM

snip

I dont know why are you following DASH, it has a shady past and masternode concept is flawed. But its all about the money right? But i second you on smooth, if i were a noob i would totally be not liking Monero if a core dev is fighting on other coin threads. He is doing great service and equal damage to Monero

Honestly, here's the thing. I came into cryptoworld circa december 2014 - I was/am a noob - and this same shit was going on. And, believe it or not, smooth was doing the same thing then (I think. I don't feel like digging up posts). And I read the posts by smooth. And I read the responses by (what was then) DRK supporters. And that forum activity wasn't the only thing that influenced my decision to get interested in monero and stay away from DRK, but it didn't hurt. The fact that the conversations followed the same pattern in december (and follow the same patterns now) indicated to me where the real value was.

"trolls": This is a scam! Here's proof!

"regular" thread members : No it isn't! You're a troll!

and back and forth and back and forth, with never any substance besides "go work on your own coin". I can't believe its still going on. I can't believe some people have the patience to perform this service.

< Track your bitcoins! > < Track them again! > <<< [url=https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1qomqt/what_a_landmark_legal_case_from_mid1700s_scotland/] What is fungibility? >>> 46P88uZ4edEgsk7iKQUGu2FUDYcdHm2HtLFiGLp1inG4e4f9PTb4mbHWYWFZGYUeQidJ8hFym2WUmWc p34X8HHmFS2LXJkf <<< Free subdomains at moneroworld.com!! >>> <<< If you don't want to run your own node, point your wallet to node.moneroworld.com, and get connected to a random node! @@@@ FUCK ALL THE PROFITEERS! PROOF OF WORK OR ITS A SCAM !!! @@@@
TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2015, 09:02:17 PM

Hello Monero community.

I've refrained from posting about this issue here, but now that I see that this bickering has caused you to lose a major investor, I've got to say my piece.

Granted, I am a Dash investor, but I am one of the more moderate posters in our community. I occasionally tweet about other coin's news, and I pride myself on having an open mind. You will not see me trolling in another coin's forum.

I hope that we can all agree that this type of behaviour is ultimately self-defeating. I have a vested interest, not only in Dash, but also in the greater crypto community. This is the same kind of thing that caused the Dogecoin dev to leave crypto, and quite frankly, makes the whole crypto community look childish at best.

Please, end this now. This has been going on for weeks, and has anyone gained? Dash is losing value slowly, and Monero is plummeting. I think we can all agree that this campaign by a few is not having the desired effect.

Is Dash perfect? Absolutely not. Is Monero perfect? Absolutely not.

Let's respect each other. Just like there is Pepsi and Coke, and Apple and Samsung, there is room for more than one crypto in the future.

Let's use our time going forward to add value to our own cryptos, rather than trying to cut each other down. No one wins that battle, everyone loses.

Maybe then, we will win back lost investors.

Tao

AdamWhite

Activity: 605

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 09:06:29 PM

Expressing concern over the DASH instamine once...that is constructive participation.
Expressing concern over the DASH instamine several dozen times...that's trolling.

I don't get this argument. If it was valid the first time it's just as valid every other time. smooth's posts are respectful and informative. The issue is that the Dash criminals continue repeating the same lies, and a noob for example is unlikely to read back 500 pages to determine that for themselves.

I think smooth should continue doing what he's been doing.
GTO911

Activity: 672

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 09:10:46 PM

I think we can all agree that this campaign by a few is not having the desired effect.

There was no campaign, just free minds expressing
kointrend

Activity: 655

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 09:11:27 PM

Weeeell done mister! Cheesy
DaveyJones

Activity: 768
Merit: 505

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 09:15:16 PM

Hello Monero community.

I've refrained from posting about this issue here, but now that I see that this bickering has caused you to lose a major investor, I've got to say my piece.

Granted, I am a Dash investor, but I am one of the more moderate posters in our community. I occasionally tweet about other coin's news, and I pride myself on having an open mind. You will not see me trolling in another coin's forum.

I hope that we can all agree that this type of behaviour is ultimately self-defeating. I have a vested interest, not only in Dash, but also in the greater crypto community. This is the same kind of thing that caused the Dogecoin dev to leave crypto, and quite frankly, makes the whole crypto community look childish at best.

Please, end this now. This has been going on for weeks, and has anyone gained? Dash is losing value slowly, and Monero is plummeting. I think we can all agree that this campaign by a few is not having the desired effect.

Is Dash perfect? Absolutely not. Is Monero perfect? Absolutely not.

Let's respect each other. Just like there is Pepsi and Coke, and Apple and Samsung, there is room for more than one crypto in the future.

Let's use our time going forward to add value to our own cryptos, rather than trying to cut each other down. No one wins that battle, everyone loses.

Maybe then, we will win back lost investors.

Tao

I agree with the self-defeating arguments. But hell this is the Internet and everyone is free to speak. If something stinks people should be allowed to say what they think. And honestly without going deeper into it. The instamine and the shortcutting of the rewards afterwards stinks very much... no matter the brilliant things your lead dev may have invented afterwards the early odor will still stick to it and people are able to tell i could go on but i dont want to rant as everything was said before. And Future will tell if it bothers investors or not.

And regarding otoh... he is rather a speculator ( even though im long ) like myself then an investor... did not see him building services for Monero nor Donating. https://getmonero.org/getting-started/donate/hall-of-fame
This is not the Stock Exchange where you buy a share of a Company, you just buy some Coin that either has a value in Fiat or whatever for you or not.
Macrochip

Activity: 465

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2015, 09:15:35 PM

I think we can all agree that this campaign by a few is not having the desired effect.

So I guess pestering the CMC-owner to tag Dash with the outright lie of being "significantly premined" wasn't a concerted effort of the inner circle and the main devs of Monero as evidenced by the countless posts in the CMC-thread and who knows how many PMs in his direction? Yep, totally not a campaign. And the miner of Monero wasn't deliberately de-optimized, too then.

Just a free mind expressing here.

GingerAle
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2015, 09:18:15 PM

So I guess pestering the CMC-owner to tag Dash with the outright lie of being "significantly premined" wasn't a concerted effort of the inner circle and the main devs of Monero as evidenced by the countless posts in the CMC-thread and who knows how many PMs in his direction? Yep, totally not a campaign. And the miner of Monero wasn't deliberately de-optimized, too then.

get your history right then.

Monero miner originally inherited from Bytecoin. Bytecoin miner was deoptimized, let them create the illusion of having a 2 year old blockchain. Where's Dr. Bookmarks?

DaveyJones

Activity: 768
Merit: 505

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 09:18:57 PM

Better read again or deeper into the miner part... it wasn´t de-optimized by the CoreDev Team that took over but from the BCN Code it was forked off... hell the Monero Team even made everyone aware that this issue was there...

Just a free mind expressing his thoughts here.

Pages: « 1 ... 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 [1174] 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 ... 2124 »
  Print  

Jump to: