Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 04:27:48 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 [1281] 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 ... 2125 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency  (Read 4669573 times)
kazuki49

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 06:41:40 PM

This user is currently ignored.

thats all I ever see, you guys should try.
8XMR

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 06:42:01 PM

Author SURAE NOETHER

SDC ship make you happy? Have room for more passenger on XMR ship. We more stable, will not sink.

SURAE NOETHER is a pseudonymn and after the whole van Saberhagen debate I'd have thought the author of a Monero review would be a known entity. Is he?

Shadow sailing smooth. Disappointed with delay of peer review altho new HD wallets incoming. Nevertheless I decided to stretch my legs on land for a couple weeks.

"on land" mean you sold SDC wait for lower price before get back on ship? Sink ship like falling knife. Dangerous when going down. HD wallet not save you if cryptography bad

Not sure about pseudonym. Peter Todd is real name. Maybe you ask him peer review SDC

Not that it's your business but I DID NOT sell my SDC. Anyway that's off-topic (cant believe im saying that)

So Peter Todd wrote it? No, that's not what you meant. Who the hell wrote this paper??
https://downloads.getmonero.org/whitepaper_review.pdf.

I never said Peter Todd wrote that paper. I said ask Peter Todd for help SDC peer review

You want more XMR paper here
https://lab.getmonero.org/

8xmr.com
binaryFate
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1003

Still wild and free

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 06:42:48 PM

Author SURAE NOETHER

SDC ship make you happy? Have room for more passenger on XMR ship. We more stable, will not sink.

SURAE NOETHER is a pseudonymn and after the whole van Saberhagen debate I'd have thought the author of a Monero review would be a known entity. Is he?

Shadow sailing smooth. Disappointed with delay of peer review altho new HD wallets incoming. Nevertheless I decided to stretch my legs on land for a couple weeks.

p.s. XMR > MR.X (have fun)

Scientific papers reviews are always blind. Nothing unusual here.

Monero's privacy and therefore fungibility are MUCH stronger than Bitcoin's. 
This makes Monero a better candidate to deserve the term "digital cash".
fluffypony
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060

GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2015, 07:00:11 PM

What Saberhagen debate? Nobody has ever taken umbrage with Saberhagen being a pseudonym, as his paper was really quite good and quite a unique application of group signatures (among other things). He is more than welcome to remain as pseudonymous as Satoshi Nakamoto.

The issues that have been raised as respects "known entities" have been raised around Bytecoin's alleged release many years ago, which is demonstrably untrue. Because this has been corroborated by the Cryptonote "people", and there is the PDF signing issue, we can only conclude that they are in on the scam. Trying to find "known entities", that were aware of Bytecoin many years ago, would largely be a non-issue if the some of the Cryptonote "people" were known, or if Saberhagen was known, or if the Bytecoin developers were known. That way there would be some implicit trust because of their previous work.

It's also important to understand that being "known" has nothing to do with your real world identity, what is written on your passport. It has everything to do with your interactions with people, and work that you have made public, over a long period of time.

To answer your question, the identities of the MRL participants are elaborated on here: https://getmonero.org/knowledge-base/people

MilkyLep

Activity: 583
Merit: 500

Bitcoin for all & all for Bitcoin

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 07:03:33 PM

How picturesque would the Monero lifeboat look sailing around the Crypto-Bermuda triangle searching and saving the survivors and lost souls of shipwrecked projects and pirated ruins. Or like 8XMR said, perhaps performing as a stable and secure alternative will in turn create new community members based on merit alone.

Either way, I look forward to watching the community grow, and with all the recent active development it sure is an exciting time.

Either you own the bitcoins(private keys) or you don't. However with moneroj, nobody knows what you own.
Secure. Private. Untraceable.
medusa13

Activity: 453
Merit: 500

hello world

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 07:11:53 PM

so many commits, great job guys!!
but dont rush, quality needs to stay high too Kiss Kiss

XMR Monero
8XMR

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 07:20:43 PM

How picturesque would the Monero lifeboat look sailing around the Crypto-Bermuda triangle searching and saving the survivors and lost souls of shipwrecked projects and pirated ruins. Or like 8XMR said, perhaps performing as a stable and secure alternative will in turn create new community members based on merit alone.

Either way, I look forward to watching the community grow, and with all the recent active development it sure is an exciting time.

Thank you for clarifying in good English. I agree very much

Merit will attract new members. We can save some sinking passenger from other ships, but some so attached that they prefer drown over rescue.

Development will help us in make bigger ship. Will have room for more member of poor tech education. Currently some member not understand how to board. XMR ship will easier understand and ride soon.

8xmr.com
TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2015, 08:10:51 PM

Merit will attract new members. We can save some sinking passenger from other ships, but some so attached that they prefer drown over rescue.

Development will help us in make bigger ship. Will have room for more member of poor tech education. Currently some member not understand how to board. XMR ship will easier understand and ride soon.
Just so you know, our Dash ship is sailing just fine, no need to come "save" us with regurgitated bullcrap. I respect the other projects, and wish you well. History will decide which cryptos survive and which ones fail. Please refrain from spamming our thread with drivel. Thanks, this is all I will say here on this subject.

rangedriver

Activity: 714
Merit: 504

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 08:14:12 PM

Just so you know, our Dash ship is sailing just fine, no need to come "save" us with regurgitated bullcrap.

Really? Seems like you're having a crisis of confidence from this angle.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dashpay/comments/3dxt8n/in_reflection_was_changing_the_name_to_dash_a/
GingerAle
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2015, 08:20:13 PM

Just so you know, our Dash ship is sailing just fine, no need to come "save" us with regurgitated bullcrap. I respect the other projects, and wish you well. History will decide which cryptos survive and which ones fail. Please refrain from spamming our thread with drivel. Thanks, this is all I will say here on this subject.

yeah we got the puppy in here! What are we on, like a 3 month rolling schedule?

i really don't have anything constructive. I can't wait to build the new head with the LMDB optimizations. And one of the cuda guys told me he might have time in a week to chat about / consider working on nvidia cryptonote mining.... not that I'm counting the days or anything. So much gets buried in this thread, its ridiculous. If anything interesting pops up, please cross post to forum.getmonero.org. I've been trying to do that recently. The new build instructions by arux will be helpful, put em in my useful links thread.

< Track your bitcoins! > < Track them again! > <<< [url=https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1qomqt/what_a_landmark_legal_case_from_mid1700s_scotland/] What is fungibility? >>> 46P88uZ4edEgsk7iKQUGu2FUDYcdHm2HtLFiGLp1inG4e4f9PTb4mbHWYWFZGYUeQidJ8hFym2WUmWc p34X8HHmFS2LXJkf <<< Free subdomains at moneroworld.com!! >>> <<< If you don't want to run your own node, point your wallet to node.moneroworld.com, and get connected to a random node! @@@@ FUCK ALL THE PROFITEERS! PROOF OF WORK OR ITS A SCAM !!! @@@@
TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2015, 08:22:31 PM

Just so you know, our Dash ship is sailing just fine, no need to come "save" us with regurgitated bullcrap.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dashpay/comments/3dxt8n/in_reflection_was_changing_the_name_to_dash_a/
Whenever you make such a polarizing decision such as that, you're bound to have dissenters. Most agree that the name change was a sound long term decision. The general public casts a better view on "Digital Cash" than "DARKcoin", from my talks with people on the subject.

TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2015, 08:27:45 PM

yeah we got the puppy in here! What are we on, like a 3 month rolling schedule?
I'm too busy for it to be anything less!

Anyway, I'm not going to become the spammer I came here to chastise...good luck to you folks!

8XMR

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 08:33:10 PM

Not everyone wants to be saved. We will have to allow some to drown. Hopefully most members escape sinking ship.

"sailing just fine" = no top cryptographer consider DASH serious crypto project worth study

without solid crypto as a defense hacker, pirates eventually steal whatever they want before sinking ship

8xmr.com
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2015, 09:00:34 PM

Whenever you make such a polarizing decision such as that, you're bound to have dissenters. Most agree that the name change was a sound long term decision. The general public casts a better view on "Digital Cash" than "DARKcoin", from my talks with people on the subject.

Hi Tao, welcome to Monero Mountain.  Glad you are having fun frolicking with us wild and free mustangs.

Will you please update your Tao Ratio stats using NoodleDoodle's optimizations?

As for your Dash ship, it does seem a little wrecked given Peter Todd's recent tweets and the fact your subreddit has less members than XMR's.

What would it take to convince you the rebrand has not been a success?  How long must we wait until you are willing to evaluate that executive decision critically rather than defensively?

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 09:09:01 PM

mr Unknown becomes huuuuuge:

https://monerohash.com/#network

50.8% right now Shocked

'Unknown' doesn't mean an unknown pool, it could be 10 unknown pools or 10 000 people solo mining, or some combination of these. Really 100% being unknown is the ideal, although I'd feel much better about it with something like smart mining deployed and in widespread use.

Anyway, if you want to help the network, solo mine (even just one or two computers helps) or mine on small pools.

really didn't know that, thank you. i am part of the unknown then   Smiley
i'm solo mining all the time, i can not even feel it running in the background with t-3 on my OC'ed machine. it allready found several blocks with this 4 core machine..by far the most precious moneroj i got Cheesy

Thank you for solo mining and congrats on the blocks!
child_harold

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 10:02:47 PM
Last edit: July 20, 2015, 10:13:24 PM by child_harold

What Saberhagen debate? Nobody has ever taken umbrage with Saberhagen being a pseudonym, as his paper was really quite good and quite a unique application of group signatures (among other things). He is more than welcome to remain as pseudonymous as Satoshi Nakamoto.

The issues that have been raised as respects "known entities" have been raised around Bytecoin's alleged release many years ago, which is demonstrably untrue. Because this has been corroborated by the Cryptonote "people", and there is the PDF signing issue, we can only conclude that they are in on the scam. Trying to find "known entities", that were aware of Bytecoin many years ago, would largely be a non-issue if the some of the Cryptonote "people" were known, or if Saberhagen was known, or if the Bytecoin developers were known. That way there would be some implicit trust because of their previous work.

It's also important to understand that being "known" has nothing to do with your real world identity, what is written on your passport. It has everything to do with your interactions with people, and work that you have made public, over a long period of time.

To answer your question, the identities of the MRL participants are elaborated on here:
https://getmonero.org/knowledge-base/people

Firstly thanks for the reply.

1) Highlighted RED: I take umbrage with: really quite good (only quite?), many years (3), demonstrably untrue (Im not convinced).
 - you state the CryptoNote Team is "in on the scam". Noted, no pun intended (again unconvinced). Moving along…

2) Highlighted BLUE: (I also take umbrage with) You place the BCN guys in a bind, a Catch 22. Those who wish to remain anonymous will hardly reveal their identities and anybody who comes along with a pseudonym saying they were there in 2012/13 will certainly be dismissed out-of-hand. archive.org cant help given the origins. I am struggling to imagine what might convince you BCN was started in 2012 but am finding it hard to think of what.

3) Highlighted GREEN: the answer. cheers. so SURAE NOETHER is indeed an anonymous entity with credentials (we are lead to believe) who works for Monero Research Labs. OK. Whilst his paper is probably sound since he is a pseudonym it is necessary for a known entity to (at some point) validate the paper, no? One of the points of the Zeuner Review (SDC) is that Zeuner IS a known entity and respected etc etc Getting one anon guy to review another is pretty meta. Point taken about reputations - this helps to a degree altho Surae has no rep like Satoshi and if Satoshi re-appeared magically he'd also be dismissed as prob being a phoney.

It is all very well for anon geniuses to come along and write papers so long as known entities validate the work. Without wishing to cast aspersions on Surae has this happened? thanks

generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2015, 10:16:30 PM

Peter Todd may not endorse dash, but Satoshi does  Cheesy

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1126927.msg11928160#msg11928160

Coinonomous

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 10:23:17 PM

1) <snipped as irrelevant>
2) <snipped> I am struggling to imagine what might convince you BCN was started in 2012 but am finding it hard to think of what.

Just curious, but why do you care about convincing anyone of something that cannot be proven? Find some proof, then maybe someone *might* believe you. Otherwise, noone really gives a half a f*ck to be honest anymore, it was a scam, sorry you can't face reality bud.  Tongue

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,     

,p████████████████████N,   

d█████████████████████████b   

d██████████████████████████████æ 

,████²█████████████████████████████,

,█████ ╙████████████████████╨ █████y

██████  `████████████████`  ██████

║██████   Ñ███████████`   ███████

███████    ╩██████Ñ    ███████

███████  ▐▄  ²██╩  a▌ ███████

╢██████  ▐▓█▄     ▄█▓▌  ███████

██████  ▐▓▓▓▓▌▄█▓▓▓▌ ██████─

▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌     

▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌     

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─ 

²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩   

▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀   

²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`     

²²²         

XMRChina

Activity: 122
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 10:23:25 PM

Peter Todd may not endorse dash, but Satoshi does  Cheesy

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1126927.msg11928160#msg11928160

That actually is kind of funny.

child_harold

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 10:34:13 PM
Last edit: July 20, 2015, 10:45:07 PM by child_harold

1) <snipped as irrelevant>
2) <snipped> I am struggling to imagine what might convince you BCN was started in 2012 but am finding it hard to think of what.

Just curious, but why do you care about convincing anyone of something that cannot be proven? Find some proof, then maybe someone *might* believe you. Otherwise, noone really gives a half a f*ck to be honest anymore, it was a scam, sorry you can't face reality bud.  Tongue

So it's guilty till proven innocent? Nice (sarcastic). I believe it is up to the prosecution to produce compelling evidence. With the BCN and CN teams aligned there are many unknown entities flatly denying the scam accusations that have been derived from few known facts. Some of you may think it's case closed regarding bytecoin but the jury is still out on this.

Pages: « 1 ... 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 [1281] 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 ... 2125 »
  Print  

Jump to: