Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 10:13:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 [1341] 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 ... 2124 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency  (Read 4668427 times)
opennux

Activity: 231
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 01:30:27 AM

reading through the source and had a question:

What is the difference between a public address and a public integrated address?

It would be the wallet address and the payment ID.

make_integrated_address
   make an integrated address from the wallet address and a payment id
   inputs:
      payment_id: string
         hex encoded; can be empty, in which case a random payment id is generated
   outputs:
      integrated_address: string

split_integrated_address
   retrieve the standard address and payment id corresponding to an integrated address
   inputs:
   outputs:
      standard_address: string
      payment: string
         hex encoded
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 01:44:42 AM

What is the difference between a public address and a public integrated address?

make_integrated_address
   inputs:
   outputs:

split_integrated_address
   retrieve the standard address and payment id corresponding to an integrated address
   inputs:
   outputs:
         hex encoded

Thank you.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

GingerAle
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2015, 01:52:43 AM

Fungibility cannot be obtained on a voluntary basis, period. Anybody suggesting otherwise is being irrational (which is surprising in the case of Antonopoulos).
That is why privacy is the only possible enabler of fungibility in cryptocurrencies.

I was watching his talk and coudn't stop thinking how it feels wrong as we still sit around one talking head and take his words as holy. I don't believe Bitcoin represents my best interests anymore.

kudos to dnaleor for asking a real question so we can see through the cracks.

don't speak for everyone here Smiley I had to google who this guy was. I guess this is the "benefit" of being late to the game.

< Track your bitcoins! > < Track them again! > <<< [url=https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1qomqt/what_a_landmark_legal_case_from_mid1700s_scotland/] What is fungibility? >>> 46P88uZ4edEgsk7iKQUGu2FUDYcdHm2HtLFiGLp1inG4e4f9PTb4mbHWYWFZGYUeQidJ8hFym2WUmWc p34X8HHmFS2LXJkf <<< Free subdomains at moneroworld.com!! >>> <<< If you don't want to run your own node, point your wallet to node.moneroworld.com, and get connected to a random node! @@@@ FUCK ALL THE PROFITEERS! PROOF OF WORK OR ITS A SCAM !!! @@@@
opennux

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 01:53:23 AM

make_integrated_address
   inputs:
   outputs:

split_integrated_address
   inputs:
   outputs:
         hex encoded

Thank you.

Smoothie, I'm not sure about the development, but what I can remember is that Mymonero doesn't support the integrated addresses (yet?) and that only simple wallet does. Someone would be able to elaborate.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 01:55:59 AM

make_integrated_address
   inputs:
   outputs:

split_integrated_address
   inputs:
   outputs:
         hex encoded

Thank you.

Smoothie, I'm not sure about the development, but what I can remember is that Mymonero doesn't support the integrated addresses (yet?) and that only simple wallet does. Someone would be able to elaborate.

That's good to know.

I'm going through the source (simple wallet included) and trying to understand the code for myself UNDER_THE_HOOD.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

opennux

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 02:00:38 AM

Fungibility cannot be obtained on a voluntary basis, period. Anybody suggesting otherwise is being irrational (which is surprising in the case of Antonopoulos).
That is why privacy is the only possible enabler of fungibility in cryptocurrencies.

I was watching his talk and coudn't stop thinking how it feels wrong as we still sit around one talking head and take his words as holy. I don't believe Bitcoin represents my best interests anymore.

kudos to dnaleor for asking a real question so we can see through the cracks.

don't speak for everyone here Smiley I had to google who this guy was. I guess this is the "benefit" of being late to the game.

No one should take anyone's word for holy. No smooth words said, no equine neighs. But some have better track records and reputation than others.

I do agree though that in the case of the video he is damaging his track-record and reputation.

What's positive to be said about him is he gets many more people on board. When you're on board you still gotta find your own way.  
GingerAle
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2015, 02:39:20 AM

make_integrated_address
   inputs:
   outputs:

split_integrated_address
   inputs:
   outputs:
         hex encoded

Thank you.

That's good to know.

I'm going through the source (simple wallet included) and trying to understand the code for myself UNDER_THE_HOOD.

If you can figure out the spot where we can introduce "scan blockchain from height X" during a wallet scan, let me know. Refreshing from the beginning of blocktime to find inputs you own when you created a wallet yesterday makes no damn sense.

< Track your bitcoins! > < Track them again! > <<< [url=https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1qomqt/what_a_landmark_legal_case_from_mid1700s_scotland/] What is fungibility? >>> 46P88uZ4edEgsk7iKQUGu2FUDYcdHm2HtLFiGLp1inG4e4f9PTb4mbHWYWFZGYUeQidJ8hFym2WUmWc p34X8HHmFS2LXJkf <<< Free subdomains at moneroworld.com!! >>> <<< If you don't want to run your own node, point your wallet to node.moneroworld.com, and get connected to a random node! @@@@ FUCK ALL THE PROFITEERS! PROOF OF WORK OR ITS A SCAM !!! @@@@
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 03:48:12 AM

If you can figure out the spot where we can introduce "scan blockchain from height X" during a wallet scan, let me know. Refreshing from the beginning of blocktime to find inputs you own when you created a wallet yesterday makes no damn sense.

It already does that if you are rescanning from a keys file. It doesn't do that when rescanning from a mnemonic because (unlike a keys file) the mnemonic doesn't include any indication of when it was created. In theory you could restore a mnemonic from yesterday but in practice most of the time when you do that the wallet will be "old". I find the current behavior okay, although adding one more word the mnemonic to give a rough indication of creation time would be okay too, but I'm not even sure that is a good tradeoff (longer mnemonics are less convenient, etc.)

GingerAle
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2015, 05:50:32 AM

It already does that if you are rescanning from a keys file. It doesn't do that when rescanning from a mnemonic because (unlike a keys file) the mnemonic doesn't include any indication of when it was created. In theory you could restore a mnemonic from yesterday but in practice most of the time when you do that the wallet will be "old". I find the current behavior okay, although adding one more word the mnemonic to give a rough indication of creation time would be okay too, but I'm not even sure that is a good tradeoff (longer mnemonics are less convenient, etc.)

.... which basically calls out the fact that i keep on accidentally deleting my keys files during system wipes and have to rely on the seed words....

good to know, thanks Smiley

opennux

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 09:25:03 AM

I encourage people to read this list and contribute to it: (both suggesting tasks and also signing up for tasks).

https://forum.getmonero.org/6/ideas/2395/task-list-to-do-list

It is a suggestion of an up-to-date task list with smaller tasks needed to be done.
nioc
Legendary

Activity: 1624

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 10:54:34 AM

@GingerAle, I just noticed the "Improved NVIDIA mining software" funding is now complete.

https://forum.getmonero.org/8/funding-required/2355/improved-nvidia-mining-software
GingerAle
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2015, 02:28:42 PM

@GingerAle, I just noticed the "Improved NVIDIA mining software" funding is now complete.

https://forum.getmonero.org/8/funding-required/2355/improved-nvidia-mining-software

Oh snap! Great news!

XMRpromotions

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 10:42:06 PM

I think we should add a directory of recommended privacy focused businesses on getmonero.org

my reasoning is here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/3na529/two_way_street/

Don't buy Monero: https://twitter.com/MoneroPromotion/status/746006420508729344

XMR: 43hPTYyKarCTWyh4ZnMVn8AtFeEmtzTXo3Y6TGGMV26BWonJ4tpR7eP9RkUDYQbvg6LbrnMXWfghddE NGtvKxr7B5oML4qd
GingerAle
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2015, 06:14:56 AM

Wolf0 has taken up working on an AMD open source miner!

https://forum.getmonero.org/7/open-tasks/2400/open-source-amd-miner-by-wolf0

Please check out the getmonero.org forum thread and add your comments or suggestions.

TupacShakur

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

https://twitter.com/BitRushProject

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 06:17:41 AM

make_integrated_address
   inputs:
   outputs:

split_integrated_address
   inputs:
   outputs:
         hex encoded

Thank you.

It does support the integrated address.
MoneroMooo
Legendary

Activity: 1276
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 02:29:35 PM

Development has now moved from master to the development branch: https://github.com/monero-project/bitmonero/commits/development

Here's a list of the noteworthy changes since last time:

Another update:

Stuff can go both to master and development at the moment, so I'll pick anything new, whether it goes to the former or the latter. Not that there's been a lot:

- New voting code for the hard fork schedule: this will keep track of what versions miners are using, and will hard fork when there is enough of a supermajority on the latest version over a week.

- Some modifications for the first hard fork. Mainly the minimum mixin. The "no new dust" isn't here yet. Miners will also be able to claim less block reward if they choose to, in order to avoid that dust.

olcaytu2005
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1024

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 02:52:24 PM

It s time to sell Monero Grin Look at that price https://www.poloniex.com/exchange#btc_xmr

Is there any plan to save Monero? or do we all abandon this sinking ship?
QuantumQrack

Activity: 337
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 03:02:17 PM

It s time to sell Monero Grin Look at that price https://www.poloniex.com/exchange#btc_xmr

Why would I sell the best distributed, decentralized, digital cash?
Bagatell

Activity: 722
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 04:10:51 PM

Alt coins don't sink until the last troll has drowned.
ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 05:38:00 PM

Sure on the eve of the 0.9 release, sell. Enjoy the 0.8.8.6 binaries with their 8+ GB of RAM requirements while you still can, they will be history soon. 

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
Pages: « 1 ... 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 [1341] 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 ... 2124 »
  Print  

Jump to: