Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 06:52:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 1417 1418 1419 1420 1421 1422 1423 1424 1425 1426 1427 1428 1429 1430 1431 1432 1433 1434 1435 1436 1437 1438 1439 1440 1441 1442 1443 1444 1445 1446 1447 1448 1449 1450 1451 1452 [1453] 1454 1455 1456 1457 1458 1459 1460 1461 1462 1463 1464 1465 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 1471 1472 1473 1474 1475 1476 1477 1478 1479 1480 1481 1482 1483 1484 1485 1486 1487 1488 1489 1490 1491 1492 1493 1494 1495 1496 1497 1498 1499 1500 1501 1502 1503 ... 2124 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency  (Read 4669110 times)
erok

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 01:37:23 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1285787.0 People highly value privacy/anonymity but a few knows what ring signature is

Of course the bovine hordes have no idea what a ring signature is, much less how to use points on an eliptic curve to properly calculate a feasibly unbreakable key pair.

To be honest it is my opinion that most of the coven hoofed members of this forum could not even pick a good password.  My password, on the other hand, is so well picked I can tell you what it is and you will STILL not be able to access any of my 214 accounts here.  Actually I cannot access many of them anymore either, but that is a story for another post.

My password is the first and only multi dimensional mathematical representation of a singularity.  Not the one at the center of OUR galaxy as Sagitarius A would just be too obvious.

I am not worried about revealing that is is based on APM 08279+5255 as no hackers would be able to understand the gravitational algorithms I needed to calculate the checksum for my singularity model, and I believe if they even tried to hack my password the sheer weight of it's genius would cause them to go entirely mad.

I chose, for this reason, not to even change my password when this site was hacked.  But also because I am somewhat suspicious there would a devastating effect on the fabric of OUR universe if I WERE to change it.  Even my mistakes are so magnificent it is difficult to know what they are capable of.

Martin Armstrong wrote:

"However, IF money is created by society, then Smith wins with a hidden element. he implies that government is not a producer of wealth but a consumer – the black hole that sucks in everything until society exists no more."

The emphasis, of course, is mine.

http://armstrongeconomics.com/archives/27578

I expect none of you are intelligent enough to understand this reasoning. (apart from possibly Smooth (though I am not certain of this as he has been somewhat resistant of my idea to rename his Aeon project into a particular Pygmy dialect that I am fond of (the pronunciation would be something like djanalaloa*CLICK*tasahee))).

I simply do not have time to try to teach cattle to read much less understand.

Good day.

How does Martin Armstrong's computer model account for the revolutionary acceleration of the Singularity that is now occuring as the result of the existence of Martin Armstrong's computer model?

If the Halting Problem and Incompleteness Theorem walked into a bar, who would formerly decide on which drinks to order?

I alone can answer these questions, based on my visions relating to quantum annealing in TimeCube-like Hofstadter manifolds.

The Universe is a frictionless, hyperspherical, holographic blockchain.  Subscribe to my newsletter.  Pay me to work on a closed source altcoin.
Figured since we are posting in each other's threads now I would drop by and say HELLOOOOooooo.

iCEBREAKER doesn't understand that singularity doesn't need to be capitalized as it is not a proper noun. luls

Can I get in on this circlejerk intellectual thing you are trying for?

A wave is just a helix in a two dimensional plane.

Speaking of waves, someone turned the waves on XMR from 11 down to 5, I would appreciate larger waves to buy dips and dump on your positive momentum pls. You can thank iCEBREAKER.

But really the profit is just a bonus at this point.

"the destruction of privacy widens the existing power imbalance between the ruling factions and everyone else" -- Julian Assange
Mr Felt

Activity: 493
Merit: 518

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 01:50:10 AM

I assume you guys know you are responding to a parody.

Satoshi is a lie.  Monero is not private.  Martin Armstrong's self-aware computer model will Link All The Things.

My dad is a fancy lawyer.  I am not in good health.  This is serious.

Please take me off Ignore!  You don't deserve to read my posts!

This one time, I wrote a driver for a printer.  Can you understand this advanced paradigm?  Or am the only sentient in all spacetime, running as a simulation at the end of the Big Crunch in order to retroactively initialize the fine-grain atomicity of loop quantum gravity?

I had a raw kale + egg shake for breakfast, then jogged 10 miles and ate three Jollybee bacon cheeseburgers for lunch.  Why do I feel so bad?

Why does smooth respond to my Munchhausen syndrome lunacy?  Is he a social worker, specializing in care of deranged New Age hustlers and their victimized dissociative identities?

This is art.
aminorex
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029

Sine secretum non libertas

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 06:34:13 AM

While your market making is appreciated, it would be preferable for discussions related to trading to be conducted on the speculation thread.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Give a man a Poisson distribution and he eats at random times independent of one another, at a constant known rate.
child_harold

Activity: 812

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 07:43:03 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1285787.0 People highly value privacy/anonymity but a few knows what ring signature is

Of course the bovine hordes have no idea what a ring signature is, much less how to use points on an eliptic curve to properly calculate a feasibly unbreakable key pair.

To be honest it is my opinion that most of the coven hoofed members of this forum could not even pick a good password.  My password, on the other hand, is so well picked I can tell you what it is and you will STILL not be able to access any of my 214 accounts here.  Actually I cannot access many of them anymore either, but that is a story for another post.

My password is the first and only multi dimensional mathematical representation of a singularity.  Not the one at the center of OUR galaxy as Sagitarius A would just be too obvious.

I am not worried about revealing that is is based on APM 08279+5255 as no hackers would be able to understand the gravitational algorithms I needed to calculate the checksum for my singularity model, and I believe if they even tried to hack my password the sheer weight of it's genius would cause them to go entirely mad.

I chose, for this reason, not to even change my password when this site was hacked.  But also because I am somewhat suspicious there would a devastating effect on the fabric of OUR universe if I WERE to change it.  Even my mistakes are so magnificent it is difficult to know what they are capable of.

Martin Armstrong wrote:

"However, IF money is created by society, then Smith wins with a hidden element. he implies that government is not a producer of wealth but a consumer – the black hole that sucks in everything until society exists no more."

I expect none of you are intelligent enough to understand this reasoning. (apart from possibly Smooth (though I am not certain of this as he has been somewhat resistant of my idea to rename his Aeon project into a particular Pygmy dialect that I am fond of (the pronunciation would be something like djanalaloa*CLICK*tasahee))).

Good day.

Dafuq? As though I were reading a foreign language… Dammit I knew I wasnt smart enough to enter the Church of Monero Wink

Oh well Ill leave my few XMR on Polo in preparation for the incoming pump.

Congrats to that guy for de-anon'ing the whole SDC chain - thats some pretty major pwnage. In fact it was so impressively devastating Im slightly worried about the same fate befalling XMR. These things always require a small leap of faith, however, and you guys might be bright enough to pull it off…

dEBRUYNE
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 11:10:56 AM

Martin Armstrong wrote:

Good day.

Dafuq? As though I were reading a foreign language… Dammit I knew I wasnt smart enough to enter the Church of Monero Wink

Oh well Ill leave my few XMR on Polo in preparation for the incoming pump.

Congrats to that guy for de-anon'ing the whole SDC chain - thats some pretty major pwnage. In fact it was so impressively devastating Im slightly worried about the same fate befalling XMR. These things always require a small leap of faith, however, and you guys might be bright enough to pull it off…

That guy (Shen Noether) is also a member of the Monero Research Lab (MRL). Thus, I presume the code and math has been thoroughly vetted now.

Privacy matters, use Monero - A true untraceable cryptocurrency
Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
DemocraticRepublicOfDave

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 12:08:25 PM

Hmm.  My daemon is still way too slow.

I still have lots of issues with the time taken to sync on v0.9.1

e.g. 7 days sync = 1.5 hrs.

I think there may be an issue with running monero in a VM.  top shows bitmonerod grabbing 14.6GB (top VIRT) of memory, but my VM only has 10GBs allocated.  So I think all my disk activity that is slowing everything down is the memory cache being grabbed/written to disk.

Any way to limit moneros memory cache size?

Cheers

Dave

1337leet

Activity: 1308
Merit: 508

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 01:14:27 PM

Why did the price of XMR rise that much in the past few days?

It's nearly 1$/XMR.

Do you think the price will continue to rise?
GTO911

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 01:18:07 PM

Why did the price of XMR rise that much in the past few days?

It's nearly 1$/XMR.

Do you think the price will continue to rise?

Cannot be sure, but the price rise is hardly surprising

Monero is still undervalued
Bagatell

Activity: 722
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 01:22:40 PM

I assume you guys know you are responding to a parody.

Satoshi is a lie.  Monero is not private.  Martin Armstrong's self-aware computer model will Link All The Things.

My dad is a fancy lawyer.  I am not in good health.  This is serious.

Please take me off Ignore!  You don't deserve to read my posts!

This one time, I wrote a driver for a printer.  Can you understand this advanced paradigm?  Or am the only sentient in all spacetime, running as a simulation at the end of the Big Crunch in order to retroactively initialize the fine-grain atomicity of loop quantum gravity?

I had a raw kale + egg shake for breakfast, then jogged 10 miles and ate three Jollybee bacon cheeseburgers for lunch.  Why do I feel so bad?

Why does smooth respond to my Munchhausen syndrome lunacy?  Is he a social worker, specializing in care of deranged New Age hustlers and their victimized dissociative identities?

This is art.

QFT.
fluffypony
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060

GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2016, 01:30:42 PM

Hmm.  My daemon is still way too slow.

I still have lots of issues with the time taken to sync on v0.9.1

e.g. 7 days sync = 1.5 hrs.

I think there may be an issue with running monero in a VM.  top shows bitmonerod grabbing 14.6GB (top VIRT) of memory, but my VM only has 10GBs allocated.  So I think all my disk activity that is slowing everything down is the memory cache being grabbed/written to disk.

Any way to limit moneros memory cache size?

Cheers

Dave

Ignore VIRT, it's mostly useless for memory usage indications.

http://serverfault.com/questions/122810/apache-heavy-load-virt-vs-res-memory
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/561245/virtual-memory-usage-from-java-under-linux-too-much-memory-used

MoneroMooo
Legendary

Activity: 1276
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 01:32:13 PM

What is the I/O load like in top (the wa column) ?
Is bitmonerod taking all CPU all the time ?
Do you have a spinning hard drive, or SSD ?
Have you changed the down/up limits ?
fluffypony
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060

GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2016, 01:50:22 PM

All cryptography requires a leap of faith.

The thing that protects Monero's transactions from being deanonymised is the invocation of a secure hash function to create the key image. As has already been extensively written on, Monero uses a secure hash function for this.

A break in a secure hash function has much wider consequences than deanonymising Monero - there would be a significant amount of brokenness in other systems. Trusting Monero's privacy is a matter of trusting hash functions, cryptographic signatures, elliptic curve cryptography, and your system's PRNG (pseudorandom number generator). Since you're already trusting all those things to use Bitcoin and not have your funds stolen by a cryptographically breaking attack, you should be able to trust Monero in the same way.

Herp

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 04:16:56 PM
Last edit: February 16, 2016, 04:26:57 PM by Herp

Where can I download the Monero wallet from? I could only find a web wallet. Needless to say web wallets are as secure as horse shit.

███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[D]ecentralized application
[E]liminated third parties
[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

pa

Activity: 528
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 04:33:12 PM

Where can I download the Monero wallet from? I could only find a web wallet. Needless to say web wallets are as secure as horse shit.

https://getmonero.org/downloads/
Herp

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 04:42:34 PM

Trying to run the windows wallet but won't work. Any ideas why?

████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

canth
Legendary

Activity: 1442

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 04:43:56 PM

Error message? Screenshot? (redact any personal data of course)

Also, worth posting your question in Monero Support topic: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=652305.0

Herp

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 04:44:41 PM

Nevermind, my bad. It seems it doesn't work on 32 bit windows Sad

████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

canth
Legendary

Activity: 1442

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 04:47:09 PM

Coming SoonTM, I believe. Use the web wallet for non-life changing amounts in the meantime.

Herp

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 04:50:16 PM

Coming SoonTM, I believe. Use the web wallet for non-life changing amounts in the meantime.

Thanks but guess I'll stick to Dash. They have two cool types of windows wallets. Electrum and the standard one.

████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

erok

Activity: 896

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 04:54:28 PM

Thanks but guess I'll stick to Dash. They have two cool types of windows wallets. Electrum and the standard one.
^^ now THAT is a bullcrap troll. And who still runs 32bit? luls. iCEBREAKER we found you a friend!

"the destruction of privacy widens the existing power imbalance between the ruling factions and everyone else" -- Julian Assange
Pages: « 1 ... 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 1417 1418 1419 1420 1421 1422 1423 1424 1425 1426 1427 1428 1429 1430 1431 1432 1433 1434 1435 1436 1437 1438 1439 1440 1441 1442 1443 1444 1445 1446 1447 1448 1449 1450 1451 1452 [1453] 1454 1455 1456 1457 1458 1459 1460 1461 1462 1463 1464 1465 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 1471 1472 1473 1474 1475 1476 1477 1478 1479 1480 1481 1482 1483 1484 1485 1486 1487 1488 1489 1490 1491 1492 1493 1494 1495 1496 1497 1498 1499 1500 1501 1502 1503 ... 2124 »
  Print  

Jump to: