Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 05:28:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 [484] 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 ... 2124 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency  (Read 4668378 times)
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1107

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 09:34:00 PM

also - why is the content of the web page not open to public so we can contribute? some dev wiki perhaps? (the design, or at least ideas, could be kept separate ...you could at least create a thread about it here, see what people come up with)

A mediawiki site for XMR would be awesome.  You would have to hand out credentials, to keep out the bcn/drk trolls, however.

like this: http://monero.wikia.com/wiki/Monero_Wiki ?
fluffypony
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060

GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2014, 09:45:19 PM

also - why is the content of the web page not open to public so we can contribute? some dev wiki perhaps? (the design, or at least ideas, could be kept separate ...you could at least create a thread about it here, see what people come up with)

A mediawiki site for XMR would be awesome.  You would have to hand out credentials, to keep out the bcn/drk trolls, however.

We made a decision a while back not to fiddle with mediawiki's ACLs and try and control who can edit things.

Instead, the knowledge base will be published to github, and anyone can edit it by submitting a PR (pull request). This will make editing the content super easy, and since PRs are public and easy to look at, if we reject any it will be easy to see why.

I hate committing to time frames because we're working on so many things and because we all have to do stuff-to-earn-money as well, but this should be ~2-3 weeks away from done.

Atrides

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Admin of DwarfPool.com

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2014, 09:57:28 PM

I'm wondering abour an error with Simplewallet, payment_id and JSON_RPC.

I tried to use it with payment_id, but TX will be sent without it:

{"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"transfer","params": {"destinations":[ {"amount": 500000000000, "address": "48MTY4jFEoJefp1upERPYx2LaLDZ4TCRUYFNErH5BTuHbe4b5NAvvKV9Zx9x9Ry5Y2fwxx9uzc5snif hiHu5Cx29LTCeaQi"} ], "payment_id":"eab654f4ce4e75bba34705fa0a92d4d04e728c5fa55b937288afdd84287f08e0","fee":5000000000,"mixin":0,"unlock_time":0}
 }

{u'jsonrpc': u'2.0', u'id': 0, u'result': {u'tx_hash': u'<f79b70c8fbc56598869d57fc3229d05f0b38057b46f68fc08e7864181bd55ba7>'}}

If I transfer direct in console, it works fine.

transfer 0 48MTY4jFEoJefp1upERPYx2LaLDZ4TCRUYFNErH5BTuHbe4b5NAvvKV9Zx9x9Ry5Y2fwxx9uzc5snif hiHu5Cx29LTCeaQi 0.5 eab654f4ce4e75bba34705fa0a92d4d04e728c5fa55b937288afdd84287f08e0

Money successfully sent, transaction <9a3c98f7701064fc04118c98fb7ff37587bc6ff54cdb5afb125ad4cd3e05b6bd>

We can check in block explorer that the second transaction has payment_id, the first one - not

Is it a bug or just conceived so??

DwarfPool Quality you can trust! http://DwarfPool.com Reliable Monero, Zcash and ETH Pool Monero Proxy
Anonymous pool with failover servers and PPS, Profit Calculator and Price chart: [XMR][ETH][ZEC]... Support thread
MoneroClub - free P2P Exchange Platform www.MoneroClub.com
btell

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 10:00:55 PM

Guys - I'm delaying publishing this week's Monero Missive as I'm just waiting on confirmation of two things, and I will only get confirmation tomorrow (especially since Germany won, which throws everything out of the loop;) Tomorrow's Missive will be backdated to today as it will be this past week's Monero Missive. Thank you for your patience with this!

Ok no problem.

You see how it is smooth to simply warn us about.

Atrides

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Admin of DwarfPool.com

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2014, 10:24:57 PM

Is it a bug or just conceived so??

For miners who use our feature to mine directly to an exhange, the transactions were still made manually, but now I automatized this in spite of a bug mentioned above. So you get your payment much faster now, thank you for your patience!

Dwarves Support

DwarfPool Quality you can trust! http://DwarfPool.com Reliable Monero, Zcash and ETH Pool Monero Proxy
Anonymous pool with failover servers and PPS, Profit Calculator and Price chart: [XMR][ETH][ZEC]... Support thread
MoneroClub - free P2P Exchange Platform www.MoneroClub.com
monero (OP)

Activity: 54
Merit: 134

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 10:34:48 PM

Monero Missives

July 13th, 2014

Hello, and welcome to our sixth Monero Missive!

Major Updates

1. The GUI bounty is completed and all payouts have been made. You can view the confirmation of payouts in this post, and bounty recipients have confirmed receipt of their bounties. Just to reiterate the comments made by us in that thread: "As it stands right now, we won't be integrating any of these GUI clients into the main codebase just yet, as there is still a great deal of underlying work that must be done before we can ship a GUI wallet that just about anyone can run (unless we want to make the minimum memory requirement 8gb and the minimum Internet connection requirement 20mbps;) That having been said, we will continue to recommend the actively developed GUI wallets to anyone who prefers to use a GUI wallet, and that is the main purpose behind closing and awarding this bounty now: to have a short-list of recommended GUI wallets." The two GUI wallets we recommend using and that are being actively and continuously developed are:

neozaru's wallet: https://github.com/Neozaru/bitmonero-qt

Jojatekok's Monero Client .NET: https://github.com/Jojatekok/monero-client / https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=683365.0

2. As you may be aware, there's been a great deal of discussion around dev donations. It wasn't something we thought to raise previously, as it is generally accepted that if you are making money from an open-source project (eg. mining, buying and holding for future profit, whatever) you will generally donate as that is the best way to secure an increase in your "investment". It is important to note that this is not a cryptocurrency that has a big, fat premine (or any sort of instamine / ninjamine / premine), and we are, therefore, completely reliant on the donations of our users. We really, truly appreciate all of the donations that we have received, from early pools such as the now-defunct monero.farm contributing a large portion of their earnings, to our largest donation from ceger, to the ramp-up in dev donations from a screed of pools. Thank you, you guys are the ones that are helping us cover costs and pay for contributors where necessary.

3. The initial work has been completed on analysing the CryptoNote whitepaper, and the review that has come out of it is now available to all. This is an academic approach to analysing it, and is the first step in figuring out whether the principles it espouses are reflected in the Monero code, and (further to that) how we can improve on its deficiencies. You can grab the whitepaper review here: http://monero.cc/downloads/whitepaper_review.pdf

4. Very early work has begun on reimplementing the mnemonic wordlists in other languages. We are currently doing a German one as a tester to see the amount of effort involved. If you are interested in producing a mnemonic wordlist (1626 words, following a small set of rules) in a language other than German or English please drop us a pm. There will be other translation work coming up (website, tooling etc.), and we will definitely be distributing donations to translators where possible (although they may be relatively small for the work involved).

Dev Diary

Core: major work has begun on moving to an embedded database. The ongoing progress on this can be followed here: https://github.com/tewinget/bitmonero/tree/blockchain

Core / Wallet: both the new daemonized daemon and rpcwallet are nearing a stage where they can be merged into master. The final step is to finalise the daemonizing code in rpcwallet, in such a way that it acts the same as the daemon, and we can move from there.

I8N: mnemonic word list German version is in progress and about 90% complete.

I2P: subsequent to discussions with the I2P team, we are going to be making a bit of a diagonal movement from libi2pcpp to i2pd. This should end up with us slightly ahead on the I2P integration project than we would've been. The major focus at the moment is getting TCP streaming (for persistent connections) to work, and that is where the largest focus is at present.

Until next week!

- updated by fluffypony
parker928

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 10:46:57 PM

When looking at XMR emission curve I thought that the advantage of mining XMR belongs to early miners.

Yes, I wondered about it, too. I would like to hear the opinion of the miners who’s been mining XMR for a long time.

Well, I just gave you the opinion of an early miner who is still mining monero. The block reward has decreased very little since launch, that is the only reason why the price of xmr is not in the 5-10 dollar range

Refer to the distribution curve, and it you have any other questions, please pose them here, in such a fashion that you do not seem like you are trolling. Thanks.
parker928

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 10:51:13 PM

When looking at XMR emission curve I thought that the advantage of mining XMR belongs to early miners.

as a matter of fact you are wrong.

The devs chose a smoothly varying, egalitarian block reward with a highly logarithmic emission curve.

What that means is there will be a huge opportunity for everyone to get a fair share of xmr before it starts to go up in value as a result of the emission rate decreasing.

The fact that what you are saying is indeed the complete opposite of the truth, and the fact that anyone who knows anything about xmr knows the truth, tells me you are most likely a paid troll from bcn =)

Funny how bcn devs even with their 80% premine are not even resourceful enough to get more competent sockpuppet trolls with more than ~20-30 acivity score haha

It doesn't really matter how perfect the curve emission is, in any coin the guy with the most hashing power gets most of the coins, nowadays I can only get like 0.1 a day lol.

Correct. The same amount of hash power will get you fewer coins now that it would 2 months ago, however this is not due to a rapidly decreasing block reward, (which would favor early adopters and could loosely be classified as instamine), it is due to a rapidly increasing interest in the coin which means rapidly increasing hash power, so block reward is split among more people. It should be noted that these 2 circumstances are not the same, and should not be confused with each other.

Careful how you word things, these trolls can be tricky =P
parker928

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 10:54:15 PM

Looking for a Cryptonote-friendly developer who can help retool a "bitcoin business" website script to accept cryptonote.

If this sounds like you, please PM me some rates or contact info.

If you guys haven't checked out the program statdude made to view depth charts of coins in excel format you should check it out, it's pretty cool
kulin3422

Activity: 104

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 10:54:48 PM

Monero Missives

July 13th, 2014

Major Updates

1. The GUI bounty is completed and all payouts have been made. You can view the confirmation of payouts in this post, and bounty recipients have confirmed receipt of their bounties. Just to reiterate the comments made by us in that thread: "As it stands right now, we won't be integrating any of these GUI clients into the main codebase just yet, as there is still a great deal of underlying work that must be done before we can ship a GUI wallet that just about anyone can run (unless we want to make the minimum memory requirement 8gb and the minimum Internet connection requirement 20mbps;) That having been said, we will continue to recommend the actively developed GUI wallets to anyone who prefers to use a GUI wallet, and that is the main purpose behind closing and awarding this bounty now: to have a short-list of recommended GUI wallets." The two GUI wallets we recommend using and that are being actively and continuously developed are:

neozaru's wallet: https://github.com/Neozaru/bitmonero-qt

Jojatekok's Monero Client .NET: https://github.com/Jojatekok/monero-client / https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=683365.0

2. As you may be aware, there's been a great deal of discussion around dev donations. It wasn't something we thought to raise previously, as it is generally accepted that if you are making money from an open-source project (eg. mining, buying and holding for future profit, whatever) you will generally donate as that is the best way to secure an increase in your "investment". It is important to note that this is not a cryptocurrency that has a big, fat premine (or any sort of instamine / ninjamine / premine), and we are, therefore, completely reliant on the donations of our users. We really, truly appreciate all of the donations that we have received, from early pools such as the now-defunct monero.farm contributing a large portion of their earnings, to our largest donation from ceger, to the ramp-up in dev donations from a screed of pools. Thank you, you guys are the ones that are helping us cover costs and pay for contributors where necessary.

3. The initial work has been completed on analysing the CryptoNote whitepaper, and the review that has come out of it is now available to all. This is an academic approach to analysing it, and is the first step in figuring out whether the principles it espouses are reflected in the Monero code, and (further to that) how we can improve on its deficiencies. You can grab the whitepaper review here: http://monero.cc/downloads/whitepaper_review.pdf

4. Very early work has begun on reimplementing the mnemonic wordlists in other languages. We are currently doing a German one as a tester to see the amount of effort involved. If you are interested in producing a mnemonic wordlist (1626 words, following a small set of rules) in a language other than German or English please drop us a pm. There will be other translation work coming up (website, tooling etc.), and we will definitely be distributing donations to translators where possible (although they may be relatively small for the work involved).

Dev Diary

Core: major work has begun on moving to an embedded database. The ongoing progress on this can be followed here: https://github.com/tewinget/bitmonero/tree/blockchain

Core / Wallet: both the new daemonized daemon and rpcwallet are nearing a stage where they can be merged into master. The final step is to finalise the daemonizing code in rpcwallet, in such a way that it acts the same as the daemon, and we can move from there.

I8N: mnemonic word list German version is in progress and about 90% complete.

I2P: subsequent to discussions with the I2P team, we are going to be making a bit of a diagonal movement from libi2pcpp to i2pd. This should end up with us slightly ahead on the I2P integration project than we would've been. The major focus at the moment is getting TCP streaming (for persistent connections) to work, and that is where the largest focus is at present.

Until next week!

- updated by fluffypony
thank for update
minimila

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 11:07:12 PM

Monero Missives

July 13th, 2014

Major Updates

great update! is there also any thoughts about promo?

very sorry, just in my opinion the monero website does not really seem attractive to non-miners if you want to get into the real world

I mean like Bitcoin and Dogecoin's site are directed to "normal" people

DwarfPool Quality you can trust! http://DwarfPool.com Reliable MONERO Pool
Profit Calculator and Price chart: JackpotCoin Maxcoin Talkcoin Saffroncoin  DwarfExplorer: Talkcoin with chat
Anonymous pool with failover servers and PPS: [XMR][JPC][MAX][GRS][TAC][SFR]Support thread on forum
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 11:10:28 PM

Do have a look at the community XMR FAQ. A lot of great content was added within the first day or so but interest seems to have subsided. Eventually the FAQ content will likely find a home on a web site.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=686086.0

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 11:11:14 PM

very sorry, just in my opinion the monero website does not really seem attractive to non-miners if you want to get into the real world

The web site is being completely redone. Stay tuned for the new and improved web site.
minimila

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 11:16:30 PM

The web site is being completely redone. Stay tuned for the new and improved web site.

hey cool, I am curious about this!

DwarfPool Quality you can trust! http://DwarfPool.com Reliable MONERO Pool
Profit Calculator and Price chart: JackpotCoin Maxcoin Talkcoin Saffroncoin  DwarfExplorer: Talkcoin with chat
Anonymous pool with failover servers and PPS: [XMR][JPC][MAX][GRS][TAC][SFR]Support thread on forum
villabacho

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 11:18:06 PM

We made a decision a while back not to fiddle with mediawiki's ACLs and try and control who can edit things.

Instead, the knowledge base will be published to github, and anyone can edit it by submitting a PR (pull request). This will make editing the content super easy, and since PRs are public and easy to look at, if we reject any it will be easy to see why.

+1

I like the github approach :-)
owlcatz
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1968

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 02:40:17 AM

+1

I like the github approach :-)

lol... funny how xmr is on the upswing since the latest missives, despite the lack of overall progress.. not sure what to make of it.. should probably link to a funny beavis/butthead meme or something , but too tired. Wink [Edit - i am hodling, not a troll!]

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
bitcoinkkk

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 04:29:13 AM

2014-Jul-15 11:48:40.266031 [P2P1]tx with id: <dab6c0eb410d02a0efe4581e4415a96edcb53facdf793e58043317fca76f4a59> in block id: <803020170b65ad9a94f0bf02a6d35a88736a6b25528d317e2ce3a51764b18bce> already in blockchain
2014-Jul-15 11:48:40.288032 [P2P1]Block with id: <803020170b65ad9a94f0bf02a6d35a88736a6b25528d317e2ce3a51764b18bce> failed to add transaction to blockchain storage
2014-Jul-15 11:48:40.306033 [P2P1][54.193.101.172:34081 INC]Block verification failed, dropping connection

32bit wallet,  32bit win7   

help!!!!
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 5127

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 04:30:40 AM

2014-Jul-15 11:48:40.266031 [P2P1]tx with id: <dab6c0eb410d02a0efe4581e4415a96edcb53facdf793e58043317fca76f4a59> in block id: <803020170b65ad9a94f0bf02a6d35a88736a6b25528d317e2ce3a51764b18bce> already in blockchain
2014-Jul-15 11:48:40.288032 [P2P1]Block with id: <803020170b65ad9a94f0bf02a6d35a88736a6b25528d317e2ce3a51764b18bce> failed to add transaction to blockchain storage
2014-Jul-15 11:48:40.306033 [P2P1][54.193.101.172:34081 INC]Block verification failed, dropping connection

32bit wallet,  32bit win7   

help!!!!

At this time monero requires a 64bit environment to run.
bitcoinkkk

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 04:39:25 AM

My 32bit wallet  have    20  XMR

Huh
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 05:21:38 AM

My 32bit wallet  have    20  XMR

Huh

You have several options:

1. You can wait. There will eventually be a 32 bit build with a blockchain database. Currently under development.

2. You can restore to a 64 bit wallet if you have the mnemonic seed for your 32 bit wallet. This is only an option if you wallet was created after mnemonic seed support was added and you saved the seed when you created the wallet.

3. You can try to get the 32 bit wallet to work using Windows PAE and/or /3GB mode. PAE has been reported to work, although I think /3GB may (also?) be required.

Pages: « 1 ... 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 [484] 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 ... 2124 »
  Print  

Jump to: