Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 06:15:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 ... 360 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][JPC]MAKE JACKPOTCOIN GREAT AGAIN!  (Read 470201 times)
zuludrag

Activity: 396
Merit: 250

I speak: LT, RU, EN

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2014, 01:44:12 PM

Now I'm waiting for resolve of Error -43 problem, or just for another (maybe cg) gpu miner Smiley

Searched the net and it does not seem like that 6770M is based on the same chip like 6770. If it would be Juniper platform, I could send you compiled bin Smiley But 6770 has 800 shaders and 6770M only 480...so they are really different...

Edit: 6770M is based on Turks chip. So maybe someone has compiled bin file for it? Wink

djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2014, 01:48:23 PM

ok, i have to ask again, since it seems I still don't get it:

Code:
"newmint" : 0.00000000,
"stake" : 0.00000000,

How can I tell, that PoS works for me correctly, when I only have the daemon running? I checked the last transactions, and I only see the normal payouts from the pool I'm mining with.
When coins are generated through PoS, should they show up on "newmint"? How can I check the coinage using the daemon? Why are both values always 0 for me? I'm mining since nearly three days,
so there should be some PoS actions already have happened.
minted coin, shows as if you had found a block (mined).
It should be obvious from listtransactions command

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
see360

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 01:58:45 PM

Do you have to be solo mining to get stake, or does it simply happen when the wallet is open? Is there some command, e.g. "walletpassphrase mypass 9999999 true", that gets it started?
liomojo1

Activity: 676
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 02:03:08 PM

just opened and with  some coins in it.
SolidStateSurvivor

Activity: 553

Solo Miner Legend

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2014, 02:11:17 PM

Help with config for 7970!
Are you getting "Error -43: Building Program (clBuildProgram)" too?

The --gpu-reorder didn't helped. About the -d (device) ... yes according to the pic i've past i got only one platform stated 0 and only one device, same stated 0. Tried other values, just for checking, all time msg "no connected device". The "--no-adl" command helped in some way. It disables the monitoring infos (temp, fan speeds etc.) so now I don't get infos about problems with hardware monitoring. Now the problem shorted only to the same what the other member of this forum has:

I managed to pool mine 10 JPC with one of my old CPU's (Core Duo 1.6Ghz) Tongue So now I have 10 JPC, that's all. Wink

I didn't manage to get GPU-miner working, I got error -43 all the time:

[0:38:42] Kernel JackPotCoin(AdvSHA3) is experimental.
[0:38:42] Error -43: Building Program (clBuildProgram)
[0:38:42] ^T
[0:38:42] Failed to init GPU thread 0, disabling device 0
[0:38:42] Restarting the GPU from the menu will not fix this.
[0:38:42] Try restarting sgminer.

So it seems like it would be the trouble with building program / initialising GPU's. As I mentioned earlier, I had no such a problems with diffrent kernels and diffrent miners. I thought it could be connected with app sdk version, but i've tried 2.7, 2.8, 2.8.1 and finally 2.9 (all time after using amd_cleanup_util_1.2.1.0) and nothing changed.

Have a nice mining day.
Now I'm waiting for resolve of Error -43 problem, or just for another (maybe cg) gpu miner Smiley
You're having the same problem I am having on windows, which Catalysts have you tried 12.xx, 13.xx? Here are drivers from ver 12.1 to 13.12:
http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop/previous?os=Windows%207%20-%2064

Also: http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/AMD-Clean-Uninstall-Utility.aspx

Now, I think this Error -43 occurs when it is trying to build the jackpot kernel. I tried compiling https://github.com/rtc29462/sgminer on linux, but that wont work either, says there is no configure after the autoreconf -i. Gah! This is a mess. :-/

Founding member of Hashmeisters Inc...
zuludrag

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2014, 02:48:05 PM

A little bit info on "Error -43: Building Program (clBuildProgram)"

http://dhruba.name/2012/08/16/opencl-cookbook-building-a-program-and-debugging-failures/
Above the error code of -43 corresponds to the constant CL_INVALID_BUILD_OPTIONS and a status of -1 corresponds to the constant CL_BUILD_NONE. The former is self explanatory whereas the latter means that the kernel was not compiled which is to be expected as the build options were wrong.

So what options are wrong for you guys, having this error? Smiley

mkimid

Activity: 336

Have A Nice Day

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 03:04:50 PM

http://dhruba.name/2012/08/16/opencl-cookbook-building-a-program-and-debugging-failures/
Above the error code of -43 corresponds to the constant CL_INVALID_BUILD_OPTIONS and a status of -1 corresponds to the constant CL_BUILD_NONE. The former is self explanatory whereas the latter means that the kernel was not compiled which is to be expected as the build options were wrong.

maybe it is related with --gpu-opt ? I found this option in this coin miner...

Have a nice day
MineP.it

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 03:06:33 PM

Regards MinePit's policy on any jackpot blocks found in our pool. Not an issue yet as it's only me mining on my lowly CPU Sad

But, I think it is fairer to split the reward as with any other normal block. Based on shares that round.

When pool mining, everyone is contributing to finding each particular block therefore I think it's fairest that everyone gets their share of the jackpot amount, if it's found.

https://www.minep.it - secure, stable mining pools | 0.75% fees | chat | forums | one login for 40+ pools | unique interface
Pools: Bitcoin | BitMark | ConspiracyCoin | CryptCoin | CureCoin | DarkCoin | Digit | DogeCoin | Dvorakoin | FeatherCoin | FractalCoin | Hiro | IsraelCoin | KarmaCoin | Kryptonite | LimeCoinX | Litecoin | MultiWalletCoin | Negotium | NewWorldOrder | OzzieCoin | PyramidsCoin | RootCoin | SaveCoin | Shade | SurvivorCoin | SysCoin | TalkCoin | TitCoin | Trinity | UseCoin | UtopiaCoin | VertCoin | ViaCoin | VirtualCoin | VirtualMiningCoin | WankCoin | WorldCoin | ZetaCoin
SolidStateSurvivor

Activity: 553

Solo Miner Legend

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2014, 03:14:56 PM

We are not really doing anything else than running the default GPU-miner, that is supplied here in the thread, which seems to be working for some, at least. I can't say much about the CUDA-miner and the people on Geforce cards, since I don't have any.

Founding member of Hashmeisters Inc...
cloudminers

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2014, 03:16:42 PM

Question for all the JackpotCoin miners.

What method do you want to use our pool to handle regarding the Jackpot.

- Finder 50%, rest splitted among other miners for that round.
- Finder 100%

I'm thinking of a 100%, making it a real jackpot.

Cloudminers - Mining Pools - http://cloudminers.net
mkimid

Have A Nice Day

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 03:19:38 PM

Help with config for 7970!
Are you getting "Error -43: Building Program (clBuildProgram)" too?

The --gpu-reorder didn't helped. About the -d (device) ... yes according to the pic i've past i got only one platform stated 0 and only one device, same stated 0. Tried other values, just for checking, all time msg "no connected device". The "--no-adl" command helped in some way. It disables the monitoring infos (temp, fan speeds etc.) so now I don't get infos about problems with hardware monitoring. Now the problem shorted only to the same what the other member of this forum has:

I managed to pool mine 10 JPC with one of my old CPU's (Core Duo 1.6Ghz) Tongue So now I have 10 JPC, that's all. Wink

I didn't manage to get GPU-miner working, I got error -43 all the time:

[0:38:42] Kernel JackPotCoin(AdvSHA3) is experimental.
[0:38:42] Error -43: Building Program (clBuildProgram)
[0:38:42] ^T
[0:38:42] Failed to init GPU thread 0, disabling device 0
[0:38:42] Restarting the GPU from the menu will not fix this.
[0:38:42] Try restarting sgminer.

So it seems like it would be the trouble with building program / initialising GPU's. As I mentioned earlier, I had no such a problems with diffrent kernels and diffrent miners. I thought it could be connected with app sdk version, but i've tried 2.7, 2.8, 2.8.1 and finally 2.9 (all time after using amd_cleanup_util_1.2.1.0) and nothing changed.

Have a nice mining day.
You're having the same problem I am having on windows, which Catalysts have you tried 12.xx, 13.xx? Here are drivers from ver 12.1 to 13.12:
http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop/previous?os=Windows%207%20-%2064

Also: http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/AMD-Clean-Uninstall-Utility.aspx

Now, I think this Error -43 occurs when it is trying to build the jackpot kernel. I tried compiling https://github.com/rtc29462/sgminer on linux, but that wont work either, says there is no configure after the autoreconf -i. Gah! This is a mess. :-/

in OCL.c, Line number 638 ~

There is the code to assemble the option,  
I guess, you can check and remove any option which not supported

Code:

/* create a cl program executable for all the devices specified */
char *CompilerOptions = calloc(1, 256);

sprintf(CompilerOptions, "-I \"%s\" -I \"%s\" -I \"%skernel\" -I \".\" -D LOOKUP_GAP=%d -D CONCURRENT_THREADS=%d -D WORKSIZE=%d -O%d",
opt_kernel_path, sgminer_path, sgminer_path,
cgpu->lookup_gap, (unsigned int)cgpu->thread_concurrency, (int)clState->wsize, opt_clopt);

Have a nice day
zuludrag

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2014, 03:21:31 PM

- Finder 100%

90% of whole block to the finder and 10% among other miners for that round? Smiley
It would be like all miners gets funds like from normal block and finder would take POS of the superblock Smiley That would be real Jackpot and fair distribution. Right?

djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2014, 03:27:16 PM

- Finder 100%

90% of whole block to the finder and 10% among other miners for that round? Smiley
It would be like all miners gets funds like from normal block and finder would take POS of the superblock Smiley That would be real Jackpot and fair distribution. Right?
well, 90% or 100%, why someone would help the big winner and not receiving anything ?  
The point in a pool is sharing the effort. So sharing the effort and not receiving anything doesn't seem to be like a good deal to me...
(and at some point why not doing this for all blocks  Grin)

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 03:31:45 PM
Last edit: May 05, 2014, 03:42:15 PM by toknormal

- Finder 100%

Surely the pool principle for finding and sharing blocks should extend to finding and sharing the jackpot ? After all, a block is just a miniature 'Jackpot' in itself.

If it's Finder = 100% then there's no point in joining a pool. You might as well solo mine and the whole point of Jackpotcoin is lost.

In fact IMHO, the Jackpot should be shared amongst the pool subscribers in exact proportion to rounds contributed and have nothing to do at all with the finder - perhaps a 10% bonus if even that.

The thing is, you want to attract lots of low power miners to the uniqueness of the mining experience, not a small number of GH/s elephants which is what the "Finder = 100%" rule will do. The great thing about this coin and pools is that small miners actually have a great chance of acquiring coin way above their equipment's mining capacity if they are in a pool that wins a Jackpot.

Don't make them miss out on that experience and excitement. The pool principle should make the most of this to attract miners.

************ b.t.w.  **************

I just realised, it will also help the price by distributing the Jackpot as widely as possible and having fewer whales dumping on everyone in the markets. The jackpot amounts recently approached one eighth of the entire mined coin supply. Putting that amount in the hands of a single person is potential market suicide.

ltcnim
Legendary

Activity: 914
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 03:32:48 PM

- Finder 100%

I like the 50/50->split the most

reward for the finder is still huge, and the rest will get a share for mining with the pool. I already got my share from miningpoolhub and I love it. I'll stick with them and hope that I'll hit the next pot there ^^
Already found 7 Blocks there Smiley Maybe a lower % for the finder is ok, too, but 50% is surely a big attraction.

MineP.it

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 03:39:29 PM

- Finder 100%

reward for the finder is still huge, and the rest will get a share for mining with the pool. I already got my share from miningpoolhub and I love it. I'll stick with them and hope that I'll hit the next pot there ^^
Already found 7 Blocks there Smiley

As other people have said though, it kind of defeats the whole point of the pool.

If miners want to receive the jackpot for themselves then they need to solo mine. People don't solo mine because they may never get a block on their own! That's why people join a pool so that everyone's resources are combined and the pool entity is able to find blocks on a regular basis. Any rewards that come from that mining collaboration should be shared based on the effort put into that round. Including "jackpots".

It's just like when DOGE had random reward blocks.. the miners in pools who found the larger blocks didn't get a bigger share of it because the reward was higher.

That's our stance anyway.. but I guess each pool is free to choose their own method.

https://www.minep.it - secure, stable mining pools | 0.75% fees | chat | forums | one login for 40+ pools | unique interface
Pools: Bitcoin | BitMark | ConspiracyCoin | CryptCoin | CureCoin | DarkCoin | Digit | DogeCoin | Dvorakoin | FeatherCoin | FractalCoin | Hiro | IsraelCoin | KarmaCoin | Kryptonite | LimeCoinX | Litecoin | MultiWalletCoin | Negotium | NewWorldOrder | OzzieCoin | PyramidsCoin | RootCoin | SaveCoin | Shade | SurvivorCoin | SysCoin | TalkCoin | TitCoin | Trinity | UseCoin | UtopiaCoin | VertCoin | ViaCoin | VirtualCoin | VirtualMiningCoin | WankCoin | WorldCoin | ZetaCoin
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 03:55:48 PM

I think this should be thought through analytically. What's the best principle:

[1] - for miners
[2] - for markets
[3] - for PR

My take:

[1] - if you're a miner then I suppose the idea that you've got a chance of "hitting" the Jackpot block is attractive. But statistics are against you and 99% of miners will never see anything of the Jackpot - or the majority of it - goes to only 1 miner. On the other hand, if they know that they'll get some kind of "win" if only their pool hits it then they'll keep mining and not give up after 2 weeks of mining and getting nothing (which will be the case for the majority). IMHO, the more that's distributed the better. Giving half to one miner is just pouring it down a hole when it could be creating a huge buzz for the many

[2] - as I said in a previous post, concentrating that much coin in the hands on 1 person is bad for market as well, no explanation needed

[3] - PR-wise it's going to look more "community oriented" if everyone has a reasonable chance at something as opposed to a snowball's hope in hell

EDIT: .... 50/50 might be ok (as a max). But market dumps could be a potential problem.
mkimid

Have A Nice Day

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 04:17:57 PM

- Finder 100%

Surely the pool principle for finding and sharing blocks should extend to finding and sharing the jackpot ? After all, a block is just a miniature 'Jackpot' in itself.

If it's Finder = 100% then there's no point in joining a pool. You might as well solo mine and the whole point of Jackpotcoin is lost.

In fact IMHO, the Jackpot should be shared amongst the pool subscribers in exact proportion to rounds contributed and have nothing to do at all with the finder - perhaps a 10% bonus if even that.

The thing is, you want to attract lots of low power miners to the uniqueness of the mining experience, not a small number of GH/s elephants which is what the "Finder = 100%" rule will do. The great thing about this coin and pools is that small miners actually have a great chance of acquiring coin way above their equipment's mining capacity if they are in a pool that wins a Jackpot.

Don't make them miss out on that experience and excitement. The pool principle should make the most of this to attract miners.

************ b.t.w.  **************

I just realised, it will also help the price by distributing the Jackpot as widely as possible and having fewer whales dumping on everyone in the markets. The jackpot amounts recently approached one eighth of the entire mined coin supply. Putting that amount in the hands of a single person is potential market suicide.

About your 'btw'
I agree with your thinking
the first jackpot was too big, but, it will be better in future.

and the share, I like 50:50

Have a nice day
crypto-rainbow

Activity: 266

DeepOnion - Advancing Privacy and Security

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2014, 04:34:58 PM

Twitter giveaway!

5000 JPC for everyone* doing the following:

1.Follow our twitter https://twitter.com/JackpotCoin
2.Retweet this tweet https://twitter.com/JackpotCoin/status/461970623041142784
3.Reply the tweet with your JackpotCoin address.

*(limited to the first 1000)
Facebook giveaway!

5000 JPC for everyone* doing the following:

1. Like our page https://www.facebook.com/pages/JackpotCoin/1444360855808732
2. Post your JPC address here and only here https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1450359411875543&id=1444360855808732&stream_ref=10

*(limited to the first 1000)

Great!

▄███████████████▄
       ▄██▀             ▀██▄
    ▄▄██▀                 ▀██▄▄
█████▀▀       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄    ▀▀█████
██          ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▀█▄▄      ██
▐█▌       ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▀▀▀███   ▐█▌
 ██      ▄▀▄▀▄▀▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀█ ▄█▀   ██
 ▐█▌    █▄▀▄▀▄█▀▀▀ ▀█▀ ▄▀▄▀█   ▐█▌
  ██    █▄▀▄▀▄▄█▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄▀▄▀█   ██
  ▐█▌ ▀▄█████▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀█  ▐█▌
   ██▌▀████▀██▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄█▀ ▐██
    ██▌▀█▀▀█▄▀▀▄▀▀▄▄▀▄█▄▄█▀ ▐██
     ██▌ ▀  ▀███▄▄▄█████▀  ▐██
      ██▄      ▀▀▀▀▀      ▄██
       ▀██▄             ▄██▀
         ▀██▄         ▄██▀
           ▀██▄     ▄██▀
             ▀███▄███▀
               ▀███▀
DeepOnion 
★ ★ ★ ★ ★   ❱❱❱ JOIN AIRDROP NOW!
TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED
★  Your Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Your Assets Secured by TOR
★  Guard Your Privacy!
|Bitcointalk
Reddit
Telegram
|                        ▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▀
                    ▄▄██▀█▀▄▀▀▀
                  ▄██▄█▄██▀
                ▄██████▀
              ▄██████▀
  ▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
██████▀▀▀▀▀██████▀
 ▀█████  ▄███████
  ████████████▀██
  ██▀███████▀  ██
  ██ ▀████▀    ██
  ██   ▀▀      ██
  ▀█████████████▀
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 04:35:22 PM

Block explorer fixed !   Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 ... 360 »
  Print  

Jump to: