Bitcoin Forum
July 03, 2024, 01:14:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 ... 360 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][JPC]MAKE JACKPOTCOIN GREAT AGAIN!  (Read 470217 times)
francoise

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 08:19:40 PM

we need more promotions for this great coin!
JackpotCoin (OP)

Activity: 343
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 08:44:30 PM

Twitter giveaway!

5000 JPC for everyone* doing the following:

1.Follow our twitter https://twitter.com/JackpotCoin
2.Retweet this tweet https://twitter.com/JackpotCoin/status/461970623041142784, and favorite it
3.Reply the tweet with your JackpotCoin address.

*(limited to the first 1000)
Facebook giveaway!

5000 JPC for everyone* doing the following:

1. Like our page https://www.facebook.com/pages/JackpotCoin/1444360855808732
2. Post your JPC address here and only here https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1450359411875543&id=1444360855808732&stream_ref=10

*(limited to the first 1000)
Reddit giveaway!

1. Post your JPC address here
http://www.reddit.com/r/JackpotCoin/comments/24vfhk/2_million_jackpotcoin_giveaway/
2. The big winner will get 1M JPC in one chunk! Other prizes 100,000 and 10,000!

AND VOTE FOR JACKPOTCOIN
on Mintpal https://www.mintpal.com/voting
on SwissCEX: https://www.swisscex.com/voting
on SwapHole https://www.swaphole.com/#!voting
and on CryptoAltex https://www.cryptoaltex.com/index.php?page=newcoin
JackpotCoin (OP)

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 08:46:42 PM

Jackpot Coin needs a banner for a better presence at places like reddit. I propose:

The original 1680x202 file size matches the banner that is holding a place at reddit now.

Nice!
JackpotCoin (OP)

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 08:48:00 PM

There's also a Polish translation, but not sure why (a corrupted moderator?) the thread has been deleted!

http://freetexthost.com/sevpqc3hsg
It's not good translation, I think it's from google translator. I can create real Polish translation. Just give me some time.

Thanks!
crypto-rainbow

Activity: 266

DeepOnion - Advancing Privacy and Security

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2014, 09:03:53 PM

keep voting guys, we are #1 at swaphole voting list

▄███████████████▄
       ▄██▀             ▀██▄
    ▄▄██▀                 ▀██▄▄
█████▀▀       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄    ▀▀█████
██          ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▀█▄▄      ██
▐█▌       ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▀▀▀███   ▐█▌
 ██      ▄▀▄▀▄▀▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀█ ▄█▀   ██
 ▐█▌    █▄▀▄▀▄█▀▀▀ ▀█▀ ▄▀▄▀█   ▐█▌
  ██    █▄▀▄▀▄▄█▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄▀▄▀█   ██
  ▐█▌ ▀▄█████▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀█  ▐█▌
   ██▌▀████▀██▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄█▀ ▐██
    ██▌▀█▀▀█▄▀▀▄▀▀▄▄▀▄█▄▄█▀ ▐██
     ██▌ ▀  ▀███▄▄▄█████▀  ▐██
      ██▄      ▀▀▀▀▀      ▄██
       ▀██▄             ▄██▀
         ▀██▄         ▄██▀
           ▀██▄     ▄██▀
             ▀███▄███▀
               ▀███▀
DeepOnion 
★ ★ ★ ★ ★   ❱❱❱ JOIN AIRDROP NOW!
TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED
★  Your Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Your Assets Secured by TOR
★  Guard Your Privacy!
|Bitcointalk
Reddit
Telegram
|                        ▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▀
                    ▄▄██▀█▀▄▀▀▀
                  ▄██▄█▄██▀
                ▄██████▀
              ▄██████▀
  ▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
██████▀▀▀▀▀██████▀
 ▀█████  ▄███████
  ████████████▀██
  ██▀███████▀  ██
  ██ ▀████▀    ██
  ██   ▀▀      ██
  ▀█████████████▀
zuludrag

Activity: 396

I speak: LT, RU, EN

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2014, 09:11:41 PM

Block explorer broken again Sad
Code:
A problem occurred in a Python script. Here is the sequence of function calls leading up to the error, in the order they occurred.
<...>
<type 'exceptions.TypeError'>: unsupported operand type(s) for /: 'Decimal' and 'float'
      args = ("unsupported operand type(s) for /: 'Decimal' and 'float'",)
      message = "unsupported operand type(s) for /: 'Decimal' and 'float'"

dasource

Activity: 821
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 10:07:54 PM

Block Explorer is fixed now... Sorry guys its been up/down for the last day or so ... There was a bug introduced due to way the superblocks where being read. All fixed now (Thanks jpcsupport).

http://explorer.jackpotcoin.info/

^ I am with STUPID!
valley365

Activity: 868
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 10:53:23 PM

Block Explorer is fixed now... Sorry guys its been up/down for the last day or so ... There was a bug introduced due to way the superblocks where being read. All fixed now (Thanks jpcsupport).

http://explorer.jackpotcoin.info/

great
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 10:54:10 PM

we need proper exchanges all the ones out there are nothing but scams sites to dump endless premined scrypt clones.

i have a bunch of coins mined from unique coins and only one of them is on one exchange.. that is SERIOUSLY bloody pathetic.
meanwhile every few hours another scrypt clone gets added at the same time to here and the usual exchanges.. wtf ?

this scene is a pathetic joke  Angry

i've been debating on getting of this scene for a while and i am getting closer.. it's just gotten far too scammy and i am sick of it.
i think in the next month or two i will wrap up things and leave.. all this shit is like 90% retard scammy garbage and i can't stay involved with it in good conscience.

what is the point ? why even try anymore ? ..fuck it, let em scam it up
Yeah after the Nov/dec 2013 craze, it's been going downhill fast, even earlier with the MEC/EXC scam, but some of the good coins/efforts are drowned by the hordes of shitty scamcoins and hypes that I don't know what to think anymore. :-/

two replies for ya bro Wink

from earlier no offense taken we have to talk how we do.. i said what i said and you did etc
i understand you have been doing this a long time and i have been doing this about a year
and i still make dumb mistakes so i suggest stuff as a just in case check the dumb stuff suggestion
AND for misc people reading also Smiley
Not sure you got your problem sorted out but good luck.

also yeah November was a tipping point for sure Sad
What i want to stress here is it's the exchanges that are the problem FIRST (i think)
and they always blame us and say we added xyz coin because "user demand".. which is a load of bullshit.
most times these shit coin pow/pos hybrid clone coins are not inspected at all (the source code etc)
and are added to exchanges pretty much the same times as they are released
so there couldn't be any demand for them anyway ..and that is fishy bullshit.
And we all know coins get support based on whether they will end up on an exchange or not
coins that have no hope of getting on them are dead from he start.. we ALL know this well !
So if they stopped ignoring dozens of good coins like GRC or JPC or Maru etc they would get support.
But all those multi-pools are mining the non stop flow of daily scrypt clone shit coins for a reason..
And i think a lot of it has to do with exchanges guys are behind the coins some how and are buying scrypt asics..
So they don't give two shits about honest coins Sad

FUD first & ask questions later™
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 10:58:02 PM
Last edit: May 07, 2014, 11:15:22 PM by Spoetnik

That is not just Miner Issue,

JHA has designed to get the higher result for the higher performance in compute unit,

AMD has changed their stream processor from VLIW to SIMD, it means, reduce the computing power but, increase data processing power.
It is the best way to integrate more data processing unit which needed to support the graphics (3D and 2D).

VLIW has higher performance at Calucation
     SIMD has higher performance at Data Processing

The other algorithms are depend on the data proessing power instead of computing power,
It is why AMD processor has much higher performance than nVIDIA or CPU,

it is why 5xxx/6xxxx or nVIDID or CPU has much higher(relatively) performance in JHA,

AND, One more critical factor is the OpenCL compiler from AMD, it is really really sucks,
I have tried to optimize OpenCL kernel for GCN processor,
This compiler is compling very strangely, some time going well, some time it generate too much gabages.
But it's mighty cool that there is finally coin that just doesn't tater to ASIC/FPGAs, one type of cards 79xx/280X/290/290X, but to all
types, like NV, ATI and CPUs. Smiley Makes it a fair mining game, at least.

only thing that pisses me off is Fermi got the middle finger Sad
i *may look into doing it myself but i have been busy..

ccminer dev says bragging..
Code:
Now go and OWN these coins with your nVidia advantage!
yeah except for the fact they recently dropped support for Fermi / compute 2.0 cards which are capable of doing some nice hashing numbers Sad
simply to make Kepler / compute 3.0+ cards work faster ..gay !

edit:
hmm interesting update on ccminer v9 lol
they rearranged how the hashing is done on it and other assorted changes for Jackpot..
thought it was interesting how they hard coded the scanhash function now with a divide by 4 modifier
that is going to modify how fast your reported hashing is going to be in console..
did they do that to offset hashing changes like a shortcut ? ..like UncleBob's quark miner did last year (in a different place in the code)

it was this..
   *hashes_done = (pdata[19] - first_nonce + 1);

and now it's this
   *hashes_done = (pdata[19] - first_nonce + 1)/4;

Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 11:20:36 PM

Can i mine it with nvidia?
Yup, and you can beat the AMDs easily. I have 4gb Gtx 680, I can squeeze 4.5Mh/s easily. The newer cards have much higher hashrates, you can check them from the cudaminer topic: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=167229.0

ya but honestly that does not mean anything.
what matters is what the performance is like and what does it say on the pools..
pools calculate your hash rate on what your actually doing and it has nothing at all to do with your hash rates
pools have no way of knowing how fast your hashing (in case people don't know)
for example i created a cpu miner mod that cuts out some of the heavy / costly groestl hashing (for a public beta test only)
did this by dropping groestl if it's going to get run more than once.. if so ? drop the hashing and start over and ask for NEW work.
and that pushed my 500ks/ cpu to 2.2mh/s
but that is not what the pool see's Wink
and technically i am hashing that fast but it does not match the pools algo basically so..

Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 11:25:08 PM

这种没有创意的垃圾东西...don‘t think

no idea what this garbage is ?

and i say to you.. 垃圾就是您的评论好友 Wink

edit:

and from coin dev i repeat for him..

这枚硬币
没有模糊采矿真快交易
采矿五金博览会平衡

只是试图找到谁做了它,
创新不仅意味着改变形状或装饰,
我们正在努力解决它防止CryptoCoin的不断增长的基本问题/需求

也许你已经感觉到这枚硬币是还不够,
请继续关注离散事件系统的活性,
我们正在研究/不断发展,

谢谢您的关注

francoise

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 11:39:37 PM

这种没有创意的垃圾东西...don‘t think

no idea what this garbage is ?

and i say to you.. 垃圾就是您的评论好友 Wink

edit:

and from coin dev i repeat for him..

这枚硬币
没有模糊采矿真快交易
采矿五金博览会平衡

只是试图找到谁做了它,
创新不仅意味着改变形状或装饰,
我们正在努力解决它防止CryptoCoin的不断增长的基本问题/需求

也许你已经感觉到这枚硬币是还不够,
请继续关注离散事件系统的活性,
我们正在研究/不断发展,

谢谢您的关注

lol, nice try in Chinese
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 11:41:14 PM
Last edit: May 07, 2014, 11:54:10 PM by Spoetnik

Can anyone tell me if Spoetnik's CPU miner works in cheat mode? It's giving me pretty good hashrates on my i3 laptop but I'm not sure if any blocks I might find will be accepted. Thanks.

you should be fine when it comes to sending QUALITY work.
there should be NO problem at all finding blocks !
the REAL question though is performance actually better or is it an illusion kind of ? i am not so sure it helps much Sad

let me explain what is happening with cheat mode

if hashing is going to take too long it simply drops the work and gets new work to start hashing on.
so it's not possible to send ANY bad shares or invalid data of any kind.
it will work EXACTLY like the official version of the hashing algo.

how the hashing algo works is by running five different hashing algo's in three rounds..
and what normally happens is in order to build a proper final hash the cycle of what hash algo's get triggered and on what round vary a lot.
here is a sample of what it looks like

gro = 2
_jh = 1
ske = 0
blk = 0
ske = 1
blk = 1
ske = 2
blk = 2
ske = 0
blk = 0
ske = 1
blk = 1
ske = 2
_jh = 2
ske = 1
blk = 1

the quoted info is where i put some logging into the code to watch what was happening while hashing normally..
each three letter code is the different hashing algo's abbreviated to 3 letters.
and each of those numbers are what round the specific hashing algo was triggered.
that is 5 algo's running 3 rounds and there is 2 specific points where it checks to run one algo or the other.

anyway, so what you see logged right away in first line in my quoted sample info is Groestl got triggered on round 3 (the final round)
so that means it had already completed hashing it's way through rounds 1 and 2 and now it hit GRO on round 3.
what i did was change the code so that it asks for new work if the miner detects that Groestl will get run more than once.
because Groestl i think is the hardest hash algo to run and takes the longest to finish.

so the change i shared for testing on my cpu miner topic in my sig simply on some circumstances stops hashing and asks for new work
it does not change the work that gets sent.. does that make any sense ?

Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 11:50:09 PM

I got a strange thing, from time to time my mint POS coins wont be broadcasted into the network. Anyone with an idea why ? My connection is stable....

These are pos orphans, same as mined orphans.

that is weird..
i noticed the same for my orphan(s) in my history but any minted POS coins i got were NOT in brackets.. not even once, like in your pic.
did that first highlighted amount in your picture end up being orphaned ? like the 2nd highlighted amount was..

francoise

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 12:44:00 AM

BTW, we should continue our logo contest...

so far I see these are the ones proposed:
 A - from goo38
 B - from crypto-rainbow
 C1/2 - from strasboug
 D1/2 - from see360
 E1/2 - from toknormal

Still looking for a better and pro one I guess...

(A)

(B)

(C1)

(C2)

(D1)

(D2)

(E1/2)

valley365

Activity: 868
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 12:50:04 AM

Good summary, let's get some more logo candidates!
djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2014, 01:03:42 AM
Last edit: May 08, 2014, 01:42:34 AM by djm34

Can anyone tell me if Spoetnik's CPU miner works in cheat mode? It's giving me pretty good hashrates on my i3 laptop but I'm not sure if any blocks I might find will be accepted. Thanks.

you should be fine when it comes to sending QUALITY work.
there should be NO problem at all finding blocks !
the REAL question though is performance actually better or is it an illusion kind of ? i am not so sure it helps much Sad

let me explain what is happening with cheat mode

if hashing is going to take too long it simply drops the work and gets new work to start hashing on.
so it's not possible to send ANY bad shares or invalid data of any kind.
it will work EXACTLY like the official version of the hashing algo.

how the hashing algo works is by running five different hashing algo's in three rounds..
and what normally happens is in order to build a proper final hash the cycle of what hash algo's get triggered and on what round vary a lot.
here is a sample of what it looks like

gro = 2
_jh = 1
ske = 0
blk = 0
ske = 1
blk = 1
ske = 2
blk = 2
ske = 0
blk = 0
ske = 1
blk = 1
ske = 2
_jh = 2
ske = 1
blk = 1

the quoted info is where i put some logging into the code to watch what was happening while hashing normally..
each three letter code is the different hashing algo's abbreviated to 3 letters.
and each of those numbers are what round the specific hashing algo was triggered.
that is 5 algo's running 3 rounds and there is 2 specific points where it checks to run one algo or the other.

anyway, so what you see logged right away in first line in my quoted sample info is Groestl got triggered on round 3 (the final round)
so that means it had already completed hashing it's way through rounds 1 and 2 and now it hit GRO on round 3.
what i did was change the code so that it asks for new work if the miner detects that Groestl will get run more than once.
because Groestl i think is the hardest hash algo to run and takes the longest to finish.

so the change i shared for testing on my cpu miner topic in my sig simply on some circumstances stops hashing and asks for new work
it does not change the work that gets sent.. does that make any sense ?

I am not sure you really gain anything in terms of speed doing this.
I Did try something more or less similar on the cgminer code some times ago
Actually I was just counting the number of times the groestl was called and if it was about to enter a 2nd time the groestl condition nothing was done  (which is kind of stupid, just realized, as I should have asked to leave the loop to avoid computing the other algo for nothing... may-be I should check again... )

However if there is a gain in terms of "raw" speed, the probability to find a corresponding hash also decrease since it throws all hashes with 2 (or more) groestl functions.
If I am not mistaken, there is 1/2 chance to get groestl at each round, so 1/4 3/8 to get groestl twice and 1/8 three time
So the probability to get 2 or more groestl is 3/8 1/2
And the probability to get less than 2 should be 5/8 1/2, which is like saying only 1 over 2 hashes are considered by the new algo.

So technically to be faster than the original algorithm, the speed of the "cheat" algo must be 2 times faster than the original to compensate the loss of certain combination.
If it is the case, your cheat is faster otherwise it is slower.
obviously if your cheat is just 2x faster, it has the exact same speed as the original.

(in my case, if I remember well I was slower, but there was a mistake, since I wasn't leaving the loop fast enough)
In any case my conclusion with the R9 290x was that the best way to optimise its performance (versus my gtx780ti) was to run on an other coin...

edit: few error in prob calculation... (hope I got it right this time... it's late...)

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
SolidStateSurvivor

Activity: 553
Merit: 500

Solo Miner Legend

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2014, 01:12:31 AM

two replies for ya bro Wink

from earlier no offense taken we have to talk how we do.. i said what i said and you did etc
i understand you have been doing this a long time and i have been doing this about a year
and i still make dumb mistakes so i suggest stuff as a just in case check the dumb stuff suggestion
AND for misc people reading also Smiley
Not sure you got your problem sorted out but good luck.

also yeah November was a tipping point for sure Sad
What i want to stress here is it's the exchanges that are the problem FIRST (i think)
and they always blame us and say we added xyz coin because "user demand".. which is a load of bullshit.
most times these shit coin pow/pos hybrid clone coins are not inspected at all (the source code etc)
and are added to exchanges pretty much the same times as they are released
so there couldn't be any demand for them anyway ..and that is fishy bullshit.
And we all know coins get support based on whether they will end up on an exchange or not
coins that have no hope of getting on them are dead from he start.. we ALL know this well !
So if they stopped ignoring dozens of good coins like GRC or JPC or Maru etc they would get support.
But all those multi-pools are mining the non stop flow of daily scrypt clone shit coins for a reason..
And i think a lot of it has to do with exchanges guys are behind the coins some how and are buying scrypt asics..
So they don't give two shits about honest coins Sad
Ahh, Gridcoin, I remember that, we used to mine it when it first came out, you had to put that client to do the extra calculations on
all the computers you could get your hands on. No one was mining it so we got like 90,000 of them, or so. Their wallet has strange
colour schemes and it updates often without announcement, but their webpage is rather cool and has neat music. Wink It hasn't
really been on any exchange, until now. Swisscheese, C-CEX.com, etc.

Yes, I did sort out my problem with the miner on my 7970, I patched/fixed the missing files in the github repository and managed to
get a working build / compile on Linux (BAMT), which is now up and running fine. The github source on the first page/for the coin here
are missing some files in the jansson 2.5 directory/sources, so I replaced what was missing and voilà! It works! If anyone needs
help with it, just ask me. Smiley

Founding member of Hashmeisters Inc...
airwalker2662

Activity: 116

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 01:21:40 AM

C1
Pages: « 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 ... 360 »
  Print  

Jump to: