News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: -
- - 0 (0%)
- - 0 (0%)
- - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: « 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 ... 234 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [SFR] SaffronCoin | Latest Version - 1.4.2/2.6.2 | Mandatory Wallet Update  (Read 437749 times)
kirilvvbg

Activity: 213
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 01:35:40 PM

Any further info 'bout BLAKE, dev?!
Seems like Ocminer is missing some info in order to create a working pool...
But since the difficulty is different from 0.0000 - somebody knows how to mine SFR with Blake...

Or I am wrong, again... Wink
saffroncoin (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 02:42:22 PM

Any further info 'bout BLAKE, dev?!
Seems like Ocminer is missing some info in order to create a working pool...
But since the difficulty is different from 0.0000 - somebody knows how to mine SFR with Blake...

Or I am wrong, again... Wink

Well some one would have figured out a way. Those that tweak the miners can do it. Current difficulty for Blake is 70 which is a lot for only wallet mining.

The current Blake coins available use 8 round blake algorithm and SFR uses 14 round.

The external miners are configured to mine merged-mined blake so they use 8 rounds.

I guess for the miners to mine SFR blake, it should be configured to use 14 rounds.

I hope ocminer can use this info to tweak the miner.
vipin.khatri20

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 02:44:27 PM

Hey Dev can you come on irc and discuss about the future of the coin?
vipin.khatri20

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 03:23:24 PM

Hi Community members

If you have any concern regarding future of the coin, you can join irc and re assure that your investment is safe in Saffroncoin. Dev is currently working on encrypted chat system, so is little busy. Dev team is fully committed to this coin and will work very hard to make it the best in the market. A new whitepaper will also be posted.

Regards Vipin
Francecrypto

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2014, 04:14:41 PM

That's some good news, the coin needs it after yesterday debacle. But i'm confident it will recover. The coin is actually worth x3 to x5 more than his current valuation so now it's time to get in. Remember, this coin is still very alive and dev is working hard on it. There is profit to be made if you get in now.  Cool

swan77

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 04:17:21 PM

The coin is actually worth x3 to x5 more so now it's time to get in.

I'm buying now before the price goes up. These cheap prices won't last long.
neurorit

Activity: 184
Merit: 10

Qidex Exchange

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 04:28:56 PM

I'm just curious whether somehow you guys are either kidding yourselves or just blinded by petty greed, but do you really expect to attract new investors after cutting the inflation by 67%? Anyone with any wits about them is going to see that as a redflag and avoid putting money into SFR. Ever hear of the notion of fair distribution? Instead your devs tried for a shortcut rewarding early adopters but by doing so you've limited the use of your coin to a pump n dump. Which is exactly what happened. You can't change the rules in the middle of the game and be expected to be taken seriously.

saffroncoin (OP)

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 04:34:13 PM

I'm just curious whether somehow you guys are either kidding yourselves or just blinded by petty greed, but do you really expect to attract new investors after cutting the inflation by 67%? Anyone with any wits about them is going to see that as a redflag and avoid putting money into SFR. Ever hear of the notion of fair distribution? Instead your devs tried for a shortcut rewarding early adopters but by doing so you've limited the use of your coin to a pump n dump. Which is exactly what happened. You can't change the rules in the middle of the game and be expected to be taken seriously.

The 67% was not done for any gain. There was a flaw that caused the inflation. Maybe you haven't followed the coin from start.

Once the inflation was checked, investors got in.

And many that got easy coins in the beginning all dumped even before the hardfork. That is why the price wasn't rising.

There was no shortcut or any of that sort. If there was, then the premine would be much more and all of us would have dumped. If you don't believe, we will give you are wallet details and you can check. Please read the progress of the coin from April 28. Instead of making your own conclusions.
hughjays77

Activity: 728
Merit: 504

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 04:40:51 PM

The only person fooling themselves is you. Wink Nearly 1/2 of the top 20 coins[coinmrktcap] have had a spec change at one point or the other especially when algorithms are changed and/or added. Its quite normal.

vipin.khatri20

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 04:44:58 PM

Well distribution was fair. There was pre-ann before launch. Also its been 1.5 months since launch and only 10% of coins are minted. Don't investors will come. Devs are working hard in every direction to make SFR best in the market.
hughjays77

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 04:45:31 PM

Argggh. Very hard getting the 'amount' of SFR at the price 'I want'. Dip then the flood of buyers come in.  Cry
saffroncoin (OP)

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 04:47:30 PM

Argggh. Very hard getting the 'amount' of SFR at the price 'I want'. Dip then the flood of buyers come in.  Cry

So are you the one that's dumping? I am pretty sure this current price of SFR is quite low.
andreibi
Legendary

Activity: 1647
Merit: 1012

Practising Hebrew before visiting Israel

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2014, 04:53:12 PM

Miner dumps are the bane of crypto.

In real stocks, you don't just dump volumes of it for no reason - maybe for bad news. That's a PnD mentality. Imagine dumping your Apple shares in one go without any reason. You're lucky most crypto traders think the same and move on to the next coin/next pump.

That's the problem when 10 - 30% of the coins are held by a few - the market will definitely crash.

Anyway, Saffroncoin has most active and responsive dev in the business - open to changes and new things. However, we must move forward now to widespread acceptance and join the ranks of Bitcoin, Litecoin and Dogecoin.

saffroncoin (OP)

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 04:56:05 PM

In real stocks, you don't just dump volumes of it for no reason - maybe for bad news. That's a PnD mentality. Imagine dumping your Apple shares in one go without any reason. You're lucky most crypto traders think the same and move on to the next coin/next pump.

That's the problem when 10 - 30% of the coins are held by a few - the market will definitely crash.

Anyway, Saffroncoin has most active and responsive dev in the business - open to changes and new things. However, we must move forward now to widespread acceptance and join the ranks of Bitcoin, Litecoin and Dogecoin.

Yes true. I am also in talks in with Unocoin, it is the biggest Bitcoin only exchange in India. They could provide exposure for SFR and help India which is a huge market into the field of crypto and SFR.

India is basically nil in the crypto market now.
andreibi
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2014, 05:01:20 PM

Yes true. I am also in talks in with Unocoin, it is the biggest Bitcoin only exchange in India. They could provide exposure for SFR and help India which is a huge market into the field of crypto and SFR.

Hey, dev.

Do you know anyone from Singapore, Hongkong, Riyadh, and Dubai? I'm trying to raise capital from Angel Investors located in these areas - initiate talks on internatinal remittances using crypto. I'm Filipino and you're Indian. Do you know how many of our countrymen send money home from Dubai and Singapore?

hughjays77

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 05:09:11 PM

Huh, I;m trying to BUY at the price I want, in the quantity I want. Got some filled not all. Pretty normal stuff. No one controls the market, well I hope no one does because that would not be bullish  Roll Eyes

So are you the one that's dumping? I am pretty sure this current price of SFR is quite low.
saffroncoin (OP)

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 05:10:06 PM

Hey, dev.

Do you know anyone from Singapore, Hongkong, Riyadh, and Dubai? I'm trying to raise capital from Angel Investors located in these areas - initiate talks on internatinal remittances using crypto. I'm Filipino and you're Indian. Do you know how many of our countrymen send money home from Dubai and Singapore?

Loads! Know a few from Dubai. I was in Oman a few years back.  
andreibi
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2014, 05:19:01 PM

Hey, dev.

Loads! Know a few from Dubai. I was in Oman a few years back.  

Shit! I think you're the man I need to talk to. I'll pm you.

TizeN85

Activity: 136

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 05:49:16 PM

Diff go down, groestl 300 -> 150 ; X11 175 -> 59.

Glad to see that I can return mining SFR Smiley
Coin_Viking

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 06:21:11 PM
Last edit: June 20, 2014, 11:09:31 AM by Coin_Viking

Hey Hugh, just saw you asked me some questions a few pages back with respects to the possibility of additional funding for the coin. I am with you 100%, any good venture must be well funded for success. There is no argument there, and based on IRC chats everyone else is one the same page. There are ambitious ideas/plan afoot that will require investment/seed funds.

The two questions that must be answered:

1) How much do we really need?

This taps into the greater question of what we intend to do with said funds, how aggressive do we want to be in the various facets needed to promote, increase awareness and adoption. Personally, were we to create a "saffron development superfund" I would prefer we focus on how best to bolster and support the devs in building up the coin and its ecosystem (mobile wallets or any peripheral tech/application/website to further build out the infrastructure etc). Once we have a more mature ecosystem with more robust feature we could then explore the marketing/pr to the uninitiated to crypto, as barriers to adoption would be significantly lowered to the point that it becomes as simple a downloading an app on the phone. I think too many coins rush with the Pr etc to get price bumps but have yet to achieve a high enough degree of technology that can support the coin for mass adoption.

Do I think some amount should be allocated to marketing and PR? absolutely.. but it would be focused to mostly within the crypto scene for the moment (and its investors etc) and once the proper foundation built, then we could move to pushing into the more traditional spheres of business as you nicely alluded to (gen pop, brick and mortar etc). From the outset with my convos with the dev, market penetration into "real world" is the driving force and has always been, but such an endeavour requires that all the peices be in place because once the trigger is pulled there is no going back. I dont like pointing out other coins, but a certain coin pushed hard to get noticed in nascar.. and I've seen no really evidence that it has had much of an effect. Why? as outliined above, the ecosystem surrounding their coin has yet to reach a level of maturity enabling, anyone to use it without thinking or being intimidated by the tech etc.

Long winded answer, but i think you get my points. So a structured phased and planned rollout of services over X amount of time, bolstered by promos etc to encourage mining interest/ investor adopt which would be supported by this proposed superfund. Amounts of sfr required would be contingent on the progressive active dev an attainment of goals set forth. Whether the funding is also phased or generated all at once or sourced as need be would lead to question no.2

2) How would this be funded?

It seems as though it really boils down to two options. An additional sfr reserve obtained from the total avail supply or community driven funding for projects on a case by case basis (or some variant, thereof).

Codewise I'm not positive altering the block structure etc to extract X amount from the system would even be possible without forking the coin. But devs would have to offer their insight into this. Typically just trying to alter the block reward amount will conflict with the merkel hash (if I'm not mistaken) and cause errors/fork into a new coin. So we would be left with old saffron and saffron2.. not unlike CAI/CAIx. this is rather extreme in my opinion and a massive headache to exchange old version of saffron to new version of saffron etc etc.

A potentially more elegant solution would be for devs to intro in the next hard fork a superfund addr where say 2 SFR from every block gets funneled to this addr. In doing so the superfund would be perpetually funded. i've seen a few coins do this, i believe einsteinium may have been the first in which a small % of the block reward goes to fund science based projects voted on by the community. Some more recent coins, such as boostcoin have repurposed this feature to use for dev funding, which is what we would do, pending community approval.

The community funded approach carried out by manny coins has been successful provided there is enough engagement, this could be the main source of funding for various project but would require alot of community involvement. larger communities tend to be more succeful, the downside of this is that planned development can be delayed if the funding isnt on time or faill to reach its target and stagnates. i do like this idea, I feel as though it is viable and possible should another option be selected this could still very much serve for smaller goals/targets/side projects etc. Or be the main form of funding.. really depends on comm motivations.

I Think it needs to be stressed, are you document clearly mentioned as well that any action on any of these options would nned a majorty support from the community. So thats excellent.

Everyone feel free to add your comments, questions etc.. I enjoy constructive debate of ideas and solutions. I feel as though this is what any crypto community would strive for at all times. So lets lead not only in innovation and adoption but also become what a crypto community really can and should be. cheers.

ps.. if i repeat things, or make spelling mistake.. wrote this on an iphone.. think I may now be cross-eyed.
Pages: « 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 ... 234 »
  Print  

Jump to: