News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: -
- - 0 (0%)
- - 0 (0%)
- - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: « 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 [119] 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 ... 234 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [SFR] SaffronCoin | Latest Version - 1.4.2/2.6.2 | Mandatory Wallet Update  (Read 437759 times)
MysticalCockFungus

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 09:40:43 AM

Hi,
We are pleased to inform that our current feature in development is SFRPay through which you can purchase SFR with fiat through PayPal and CC right from your wallet.

Wasda, Pho and cryptoholic helped us on IRC to setup PayPal for SFRPay. We will start working on the interface and backend. We can very well have SFRPay ready by next week!

Many in IRC have been talking about getting BTC late from Coinbase and other services. By the time they receive BTC, the SFR prices end up going high. So we feel SFRPay can certainly benefit them.

We will have some screenshots in a few days probably after the upcoming HardFork!

As good as that sounds, you will have your paypal account banned within a matter of days/weeks. They ban anything to do with crypto and paypal are just scum in general, i would avoid them. If they freeze your account (which is illegal but they do it anyway) then u have no access to your money for 6 months while they earn interest on it and they freeze thousands of accounts every day for just about any reason.

V O L E N T I X   █   Decentralized Change   █   3rd Party DAPP Platform
▬ •  VENUE  • ▬  Social Rewards Platform   █   ANN   TWITTER   TELEGRAM   █   ▬ • VDEX • ▬  Decentralized Exchange
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    ( V ) BETA TESTER  |  Designed by Zpectrum    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
jrich76

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 09:52:16 AM

Hi,
We are pleased to inform that our current feature in development is SFRPay through which you can purchase SFR with fiat through PayPal and CC right from your wallet.

Wasda, Pho and cryptoholic helped us on IRC to setup PayPal for SFRPay. We will start working on the interface and backend. We can very well have SFRPay ready by next week!

Many in IRC have been talking about getting BTC late from Coinbase and other services. By the time they receive BTC, the SFR prices end up going high. So we feel SFRPay can certainly benefit them.

We will have some screenshots in a few days probably after the upcoming HardFork!

As good as that sounds, you will have your paypal account banned within a matter of days/weeks. They ban anything to do with crypto and paypal are just scum in general, i would avoid them. If they freeze your account (which is illegal but they do it anyway) then u have no access to your money for 6 months while they earn interest on it and they freeze thousands of accounts every day for just about any reason.

Why not Dwolla?
life2you

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 09:54:26 AM

A good coin with A hard-working Dev! excellent!
saffroncoin (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 10:39:06 AM

Hi,

They shouldn't actually ban because they haven't said "Cryptos" are illegal. I know PayPro had this issue. Do not know how they set it up. But we are using it under "digital goods" category of PayPal and cryptos come under the digital goods/services category. Unless they openly say cryptos are illegal, they just can't ban. But PayPal is just a start. After some days we will look to integrate CC too.
chickenfried12
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 11:08:21 AM

I would call Paypal and verify that they will not freeze your account. They are also very famous for chargeback fraud.
SkyValeey

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 11:08:43 AM

I still don't get it! SFR price is under 2k. It's real price should be 20k+.

There's no "should be" in cryptoland.
saffroncoin (OP)

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 11:15:43 AM

I would call Paypal and verify that they will not freeze your account. They are also very famous for chargeback fraud.

Well PayPal is not that widely used in our part of the world. So do not really know the issues they have.

But it is pretty lame of them to ban a account that deals with something that is not "officially banned" by them. I am not sure if they will do it, but if they do then we are going to take some steps forward because they just can't ban something that isn't specifically mentioned.
chickenfried12
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 11:21:23 AM

Just use safeguards in selling. I doubt you will have huge legitimate purchases there at this time. Just set limit on the  amount they can purchase. Price should reflect risk and convenience also. 
saffroncoin (OP)

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 11:27:09 AM

Just use safeguards in selling. I doubt you will have huge legitimate purchases there at this time. Just set limit on the  amount they can purchase. Price should reflect risk and convenience also. 

Yea will keep limits. Also PayPal is owned by ebay and ebay is integrating Bitcoin so wonder why they would have a problem with cryptos.
chickenfried12
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 12:04:52 PM

I think part of the problem is charge back issues. They did not understand  Cryptos and blockchains. If they are integrating Bitcoin, they may have changed their stance. I was threatened last year by Paypal that I could have my account restricted if I continued to sell bitcoin.
   I would focus on payment systems that are widely used in India. I think if you focus on becoming the leading Alt. currency in India you will gather lots of World Wide Attention.
saffroncoin (OP)

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 12:11:40 PM

I think part of the problem is charge back issues. They did not understand  Cryptos and blockchains. If they are integrating Bitcoin, they may have changed their stance. I was threatened last year by Paypal that I could have my account restricted if I continued to sell bitcoin.
   I would focus on payment systems that are widely used in India. I think if you focus on becoming the leading Alt. currency in India you will gather lots of World Wide Attention.

Yea but many in India don't even know what Bitcoin is. So at this point we need to target the majority of our community. We can already say that we are the only main alt currency in India. In a few months time, we will look to seek the Govt. attention to make us the official crypto currency of India for alternative payments. Then setup ATMs. Once our Govt. gives a nod to cryptos, it would be great.
tfbpa

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 01:34:01 PM

I was very excited that you knew all the executive managers and board of directors at Paypal when I read that it will be integrated, as Paypal is extremely notorious for almost not allowing anything to be bough/sold and since you stated that it would be integrated I actually thought that perhaps you were one of the directors.

Only this seems not to be the case. From what I understand you did not even contact the legal department of Paypal yet, is that correct? The very first thing you need to do is get in touch with the board of directors of Paypal, explain your business plan and get a written approval that you are allowed to buy/sell cryptocurrency, otherwise your account will be blocked by Paypal within a very short time.

As long as you don't have specific, written confirmation of the board of directors of Paypal, I really wouldn't waste any time trying to implement it, as it will be blocked almost immediately.

See https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Buying_Bitcoins_(the_newbie_version)#PayPal for more information about Paypal and Bitcoin, which you really should have researched before telling everybody that you will integrate it.

That said, I do like your coin and wish you all the best, but again, don't waste any time with Paypal until you have a written confirmation from the Board of Directors.

saffroncoin (OP)

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 02:23:40 PM
Last edit: August 01, 2014, 02:33:46 PM by saffroncoin

I was very excited that you knew all the executive managers and board of directors at Paypal when I read that it will be integrated, as Paypal is extremely notorious for almost not allowing anything to be bough/sold and since you stated that it would be integrated I actually thought that perhaps you were one of the directors.

Only this seems not to be the case. From what I understand you did not even contact the legal department of Paypal yet, is that correct? The very first thing you need to do is get in touch with the board of directors of Paypal, explain your business plan and get a written approval that you are allowed to buy/sell cryptocurrency, otherwise your account will be blocked by Paypal within a very short time.

As long as you don't have specific, written confirmation of the board of directors of Paypal, I really wouldn't waste any time trying to implement it, as it will be blocked almost immediately.

See https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Buying_Bitcoins_(the_newbie_version)#PayPal for more information about Paypal and Bitcoin, which you really should have researched before telling everybody that you will integrate it.

That said, I do like your coin and wish you all the best, but again, don't waste any time with Paypal until you have a written confirmation from the Board of Directors.

Thanks for that link. PayPal is not widely used in my part of the world so never knew it had so many issues. Maybe those PayPal regulations were before eBay CEO said that he is interested in Bitcoin. But this has made me think of an even better solution. According to most of you, PayPal doesn't allow merchants doing business with Bitcoin. So let us give out Gift Cards. Certainly PayPal allows the buying of Gift Cards/Vouchers right?
Once our users make a purchase for the amount of SFR they wish to buy through PayPal, we will email them a SFR Gift-Card/Voucher containing a unique code. Entering that code into your wallet will have the amount of SFR you purchased transferred to you within some time. So here PayPal is only used by you to buy Gift-Cards/Vouchers which i feel they have no problems with. I don't think it matters to them that those Vouchers will be used to get digital currencies. They say not to use their service for buying/selling digital currencies, ok we are not. We are just issuing some Gift-Cards/e-Cards/Vouchers. Also we are doing this business under "digital goods and services" which does include virtual Gift-Cards.  Wink

In this way i guess everyone is happy and we meet the regulations.

What do u think?
hamzatu

Activity: 70

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 03:00:39 PM

Gifts cards is money. Good idea.
TizeN85

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 04:47:05 PM

Good solution to use PayPal !
kcanup
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 05:03:31 PM

Yea but many in India don't even know what Bitcoin is. So at this point we need to target the majority of our community. We can already say that we are the only main alt currency in India. In a few months time, we will look to seek the Govt. attention to make us the official crypto currency of India for alternative payments. Then setup ATMs. Once our Govt. gives a nod to cryptos, it would be great.
When things grow in India, I will take  SFR to Nepal, then SFR will rock whole South East Asia. As of right now Nepal government has banned Bitcoin without even knowing its technological benefits im focused to make money for myself so i can shit on their monetary policy one day and introduce crypto to public in few months time.  Wink
tfbpa

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 05:12:09 PM

Thanks for that link. PayPal is not widely used in my part of the world so never knew it had so many issues. Maybe those PayPal regulations were before eBay CEO said that he is interested in Bitcoin. But this has made me think of an even better solution. According to most of you, PayPal doesn't allow merchants doing business with Bitcoin. So let us give out Gift Cards. Certainly PayPal allows the buying of Gift Cards/Vouchers right?
Once our users make a purchase for the amount of SFR they wish to buy through PayPal, we will email them a SFR Gift-Card/Voucher containing a unique code. Entering that code into your wallet will have the amount of SFR you purchased transferred to you within some time. So here PayPal is only used by you to buy Gift-Cards/Vouchers which i feel they have no problems with. I don't think it matters to them that those Vouchers will be used to get digital currencies. They say not to use their service for buying/selling digital currencies, ok we are not. We are just issuing some Gift-Cards/e-Cards/Vouchers. Also we are doing this business under "digital goods and services" which does include virtual Gift-Cards.  Wink

In this way i guess everyone is happy and we meet the regulations.

What do u think?

That indeed sounds like a nice and creative solution that should be possible.

The only thing that I could find in short time is that according to Paypal's user agreement as per item 7.3 on https://www.paypal.com/hk/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full gift-cards are not eligible for Paypal buyer protection.

This of course beneficial to the seller and negative for the buyer, but at least there is no chargeback possibility for you the seller and therefore your account will not get locked and as long as you keep the agreement and send the gift-cards which work, then everybody should be happy.

I like it!

<edit>
Do you already have working gift-cards and if not, any idea as to the timeline when you can have this available?
</edit>
saffroncoin (OP)

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 05:28:24 PM

We will have it as vouchers / coupons. Just thought of this way of implementation. So will first have to design a good looking SFRPAY coupon and then develop an algorithm for generating unique codes on the coupon.

Much later when cryptos become even more popular, we can have hard coupons/vouchers that can be sold at stores. A much easier way to buy SFR.
anon989

Activity: 84

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 06:29:11 PM

We will have it as vouchers / coupons. Just thought of this way of implementation. So will first have to design a good looking SFRPAY coupon and then develop an algorithm for generating unique codes on the coupon.

Much later when cryptos become even more popular, we can have hard coupons/vouchers that can be sold at stores. A much easier way to buy SFR.

Btc-e, and bter have those codes you can get that allows you to transfer coins to another user on the exchange.
Sounds like a similar concept, and could allow users to "resale" the code with out touching the coins.
Could be handy.
lin0sspice
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 08:56:00 PM

Btc-e is using code in their exchange such as cash amount Smiley

If SFR fiat exchange is coming we can do it to, so people can sell voucher to Fiat.

I know Vietnamese use Btc-e a lot.

Website
Whitepaper
Discord
░░░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░▄██▄░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░▄██████▄░░░░░░░░███
███▄░░░░░░▄████████▄░░░░░░▄███
████░░░░░▄██████████▄░░░░░████
████░░░░▄████████████▄░░░░████
░██████░░▀██████████▀░░███████
░███████░░░▀██████▀░░░████████
░████████▄░░░▀██▀░░░▄████████
░█████████▄░░░░░░░░▄███████░░░
░░█████████▄░░░░░░▄███████░░░░
░░░░██████████▄▄████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░████████████████░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░██████████████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░░░░░░
VELOX PROJECT
The Future of Anonymous Trading
░░░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░
████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░▄██▄░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░▄██████▄░░░░░░░░███
███▄░░░░░░▄████████▄░░░░░░▄███
████░░░░░▄██████████▄░░░░░████
████░░░░▄████████████▄░░░░████
░██████░░▀██████████▀░░███████
░███████░░░▀██████▀░░░████████
░████████▄░░░▀██▀░░░▄████████
░█████████▄░░░░░░░░▄███████░░░
░░█████████▄░░░░░░▄███████░░░░
░░░░██████████▄▄████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░████████████████░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░██████████████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░░░░░░
Latest News
Twitter
Telegram
[/tab
Pages: « 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 [119] 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 ... 234 »
  Print  

Jump to: