News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: -
- - 0 (0%)
- - 0 (0%)
- - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: « 1 ... 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 [194] 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [SFR] SaffronCoin | Latest Version - 1.4.2/2.6.2 | Mandatory Wallet Update  (Read 437760 times)
gdavis024

Activity: 179
Merit: 100

Fighter of the Dayman

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 09:44:00 PM

hey barabbas those are definitely some good points that i'm sure the devs are keeping in the back of their heads. But if i'm not mistaken SFRDirect, SFR's decentralized exchange, will be based on the counterparty protocol, and those familiar with the counterparty protocol know that a decentralized exchange is only touching the surface of the true potential of the protocol. A lot of really cool things can be done and built on top of it that are 100% legal in the eyes of the law (look at companies like overstock who are already investigating and looking to implement these applications).

While your concerns are valid, I just don't think the correlate with shutting down the entire project Smiley

@ Rosham

First of all congrats on your nominations.

I am doing research on your project and have a couple of questions that I would like you to answer if you will:

-- The projected "Decentralized exchange" you mention in the Roadmap, is still a go I assume since it is also in the header of this thread. Are you willing to reconsider that project in view of the recent actions of multinational agencies that have so far gotten Defcom in jail and over 400 "decentralized" web sites closed with promises for similar sweep and swift actions to come to the digital currencies world in the next future? And if not, why not since regulation and legal prosecution would clearly endanger the viability of your project?

Thanks in advance for your answers and congratulation also on your wallet. Quite impressive.

Hi barabbas,

The decentralized asset exchange and other decentralized tools will definitely be released.
Decentralized tools are not banned. The websites that got banned probably used decentralization for illegal activities like silkroad. I don't think as long as you use this   protocol for not doing anything illegal, would there be a problem.
If that was the case then bitcoin would be banned in all countries.
But there could be issues with regulations. That is something we need to look at once it arrives. Hopefully we can figure out something that would benefit everyone when the time comes.

Thank you for such quick answer.

The obvious argument would be that there's no way to prevent illegal usage of a decentralized exchange, therefore it will be taken down by authorities, even before regulation shuts it down.

I guess what I am questioning is how wise it is to dedicate efforts and other resources to such a project -which, by the way, dozens of other coins are in different processes of offering and some already do-, since it's real value is doubtful at best right now and very, very dangerous at worst.

In my opinion, you could have a much productive fruit of your obvious talents concentrating on developing more innovative project, within this coin, instead. But that just my opinion, of course.

Thanks again and good luck!
saffroncoin (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 09:46:11 PM

@ Rosham

I am doing research on your project and have a couple of questions that I would like you to answer if you will:

-- The projected "Decentralized exchange" you mention in the Roadmap, is still a go I assume since it is also in the header of this thread. Are you willing to reconsider that project in view of the recent actions of multinational agencies that have so far gotten Defcom in jail and over 400 "decentralized" web sites closed with promises for similar sweep and swift actions to come to the digital currencies world in the next future? And if not, why not since regulation and legal prosecution would clearly endanger the viability of your project?

Thanks in advance for your answers and congratulation also on your wallet. Quite impressive.

Hi barabbas,

The decentralized asset exchange and other decentralized tools will definitely be released.
Decentralized tools are not banned. The websites that got banned probably used decentralization for illegal activities like silkroad. I don't think as long as you use this   protocol for not doing anything illegal, would there be a problem.
But there could be issues with regulations. That is something we need to look at once it arrives. Hopefully we can figure out something that would benefit everyone when the time comes.

The obvious argument would be that there's no way to prevent illegal usage of a decentralized exchange, therefore it will be taken down by authorities, even before regulation shuts it down.

I guess what I am questioning is how wise it is to dedicate efforts and other resources to such a project -which, by the way, dozens of other coins are in different processes of offering and some already do-, since it's real value is doubtful at best right now and very, very dangerous at worst.

In my opinion, you could have a much productive fruit of your obvious talents concentrating on developing more innovative project, within this coin, instead. But that just my opinion, of course.

A lot of stuff are on the pipeline. May I know what are some of the projects you are referring too?

BitBay is the latest one announced, but there are dozens of others in different stages of development -or already active- including very well funded ones on SuperNET and BlockNet.

If a decentralized exchange has to be shut down since there is no way to prevent illegal activities, the same would go for a decentralized market then which I suppose it is what bitbays. Decentralized markets if not regulated can lead to illegal stuff sold. It would be like a decentralized silkroad. I don't really understand how a decentralized exchange could lead to illegal activities if it is trading just between cryptos.
Also we are working on our own version of a decentralized market known as peermarket which would aim to address mainstream issues and work with proper regulations.
I don't really believe in blocknet. It sounds fancy but I would only believe in it once I am able to test it out
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 09:49:43 PM

hey barabbas those are definitely some good points that i'm sure the devs are keeping in the back of their heads. But if i'm not mistaken SFRDirect, SFR's decentralized exchange, will be based on the counterparty protocol, and those familiar with the counterparty protocol know that a decentralized exchange is only touching the surface of the true potential of the protocol. A lot of really cool things can be done and built on top of it that are 100% legal in the eyes of the law (look at companies like overstock who are already investigating and looking to implement these applications).

While your concerns are valid, I just don't think the correlate with shutting down the entire project Smiley

@ Rosham

Hi barabbas,

There's no problem at all with LEGAL exchange... except that it needs to be regulated (so governments get a piece of the action, that's how things work). The [problem is with the INEVITABLE illegal activities that would plague a decentralized exchange. It doesn't matter if 1 in 100 -or the opposite- are illegal. Those are what would cause the shutdown and/or prosecution. In my opinion, not worth the risk at all but, again, just my personal opinion.
mikr95

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 10:06:00 PM

When sfdirect will be released

SSL certificates have just been setup for the SFRDirect Webwallet as an extra medium of security. The SFRDirect protocol and decentralized exchange are all developed. We are working on some extra features to increase the value of cSFR and its usage.

gdavis above mentioned some interesting methods having an SFRaffle. So we would be implementing that. He had also mentioned of developing an asset for the Elite club on top of Saffroncoin Blockchain through SFRDirect known as SFR Elitecoins. Instead of holding SFR for joining the elite club, users need to hold some elitecoins to join the Elite club. Those elitecoins can be bought by cSFR. A market for this would be setup on the decentralized asset exchange in SFRDirect.

This would increase the value of cSFR and provide the need for burning more SFR.

All other asset currencies don't have much usage apart from trading. We want concentrated SFR to be the most valuable asset currency.
We need to have all bases covered during SFRDirect launch.

Since the burn process would go on for about a month, we would release SFRDirect soon enough for burning and have other assets and SFRaffle developed before the burning phase gets over.

The only concern I have about the elite club is that if it is set up using cSFR is that there is no way to directly convert cSFR back to SFR, if I understood the process correctly people could potentially buy SFR for cSFR on the market and you can burn SFR to cSFR on demand. Would those elite coins also be transferable/ a token for redemption of x amount of cSFR that is locked for investment?
saffroncoin (OP)

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 04:15:49 AM

When sfdirect will be released

SSL certificates have just been setup for the SFRDirect Webwallet as an extra medium of security. The SFRDirect protocol and decentralized exchange are all developed. We are working on some extra features to increase the value of cSFR and its usage.

gdavis above mentioned some interesting methods having an SFRaffle. So we would be implementing that. He had also mentioned of developing an asset for the Elite club on top of Saffroncoin Blockchain through SFRDirect known as SFR Elitecoins. Instead of holding SFR for joining the elite club, users need to hold some elitecoins to join the Elite club. Those elitecoins can be bought by cSFR. A market for this would be setup on the decentralized asset exchange in SFRDirect.

This would increase the value of cSFR and provide the need for burning more SFR.

All other asset currencies don't have much usage apart from trading. We want concentrated SFR to be the most valuable asset currency.
We need to have all bases covered during SFRDirect launch.

Since the burn process would go on for about a month, we would release SFRDirect soon enough for burning and have other assets and SFRaffle developed before the burning phase gets over.

The only concern I have about the elite club is that if it is set up using cSFR is that there is no way to directly convert cSFR back to SFR, if I understood the process correctly people could potentially buy SFR for cSFR on the market and you can burn SFR to cSFR on demand. Would those elite coins also be transferable/ a token for redemption of x amount of cSFR that is locked for investment?

Elitecoins would be just another asset and will have its own market paired with SFR and cSFR. So if you want to sell your ELITE for SFR, you can do so on the SFRDirect exchange.
We will also have other big exchanges start accepting our asset currencies. Currently i guess only  Poloniex and Bter support asset currencies.
saffroncoin (OP)

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 04:37:47 AM

This is awesome: http://www.coinsetter.com/bitcoin-news/2014/11/12/counterparty-jumps-recreating-ethereums-smart-contract-platform-1765

I had said a few weeks ago that decentralized assets and exchanges are going to be one of the biggest things next year. Maybe even bigger than sidechains.
There is a lot of scope for counterparty based technologies.
einsteinium.biz

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Free Publicity For Your Biz, Coin, Product, or Svc

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2014, 04:50:43 AM

Do you have a public relations, or marketing, person for this coin?

barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 07:17:04 AM

Block explorer and rich list links don't work.
gdavis024

Activity: 179
Merit: 100

Fighter of the Dayman

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 01:13:45 PM

Hey barabbas you may not got this far reading in the thread but here ya go Smiley

dcct has created a block explorer with a difficulty graph. You can use any of the existing explorers if one does not work for u.

Explorer
https://bchain.info/SFR/

Richlist
https://bchain.info/SFR/rich/

Difficulty Graph
https://bchain.info/SFR/diff

Block explorer and rich list links don't work.
mig6r

Activity: 826
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 01:32:19 PM

It should therefore update the website.
The links do not work indeed

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ▄▄██████████████▄
     █████████████████████▄
   █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀▀       ▀▀██████▄
 █████████               █████
▐███████▌                 ▀███▌
████████                   ████
▐██████▌                   ▐██▌
 ███████                   ███
  ███████                 ███
   ▀██████▄             ▄██▀
     ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
        ▀▀███████████▀▀

▄▄▄             ▄▄▄           ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
 ███             ███           ███   ███████▄      ███        ████████      ███                   ████████       ██████▄       ███   ███████████████▄
 ███             ███           ███   ███ ▀████     ███       ███▀  ▀███     ███                  ███▀  ▀███      ███ ▀███▄     ███   ███         ▀███
 ███             ███           ███   ███   ▀███▄   ███      ███▀    ▀███    ███                 ███▀    ▀███     ███   ████    ███   ███          ███
 ███             ███           ███   ███     ▀███▄ ███     ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████   ███                ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████    ███    ▀███▄  ███   ███          ███
 ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███       ███████    ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ███      ▀███▄███   ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
  ▀████████████▌  ▀█████████████▀    ███        ▀▀████   ███▀          ▀███  ▀█████████████  ███▀          ▀███  ███        ▀▀████   █████████████▀▀
                     ▄▄███████
                 ▄████████████
              ▄██████▀▀▀██████
       ▄▄   ▄███████     ████
   ▄▄███▀  ██████████▄▄▄████▀
 ▄████▀▀  █████████████████
         ████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
          ▀█████████▀
     ▄█▀    ▀██▀▀   ▄▄
    ██  ▄█▀      ▄███▌
   █████▀        ███▀
   ▀▀▀          ███▀
                ▀     

▄█████████  ███       ██▄      ▄██         █████       ████▌   ▄██████████   
 ██▌          ███        ▀██▄  ▄██▀          ██▌███     ██▀██▌  ▐██           
 ███████████  ███          ▀████▀            ██▌ ███   ██▀ ██▌  ▐███████████   
 ██▌          ███▄          ▐██▌             ██▌  ███ ██▀  ██▌  ▐██           
 ██▌           ▀█████████   ▐██▌             ██▌   ▀███▀   ██▌   ▀██████████

█████████████▌  ▄███████████▄         █████████████▌  ██▌      ▐██    ▄██████████         █████       █████    ▄██████████▄     ▄██████████▄   ▐████▄     ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██▀       ▀██▌             ▐██        ██▌      ▐██   ▐██                  ██▌███     ███▐██   ▐██▀      ▀██▌   ▐██▀      ▀██▌  ▐██▀███    ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██         ██▌             ▐██        ████████████   ▐███████████         ██▌ ███   ███ ▐██   ▐██        ██▌   ▐██        ██▌  ▐██  ▀██▄  ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██▄       ▄██▌             ▐██        ██▌      ▐██   ▐█▌                  ██▌  ███ ███  ▐██   ▐██▄      ▄██▌   ▐██▄      ▄██▌  ▐██    ▀██▄▐██ 
      ▐██        ▀███████████▀              ▐██        ██▌      ▐██    ▀██████████         ██▌   ▀███▀   ▐██    ▀██████████▀     ▀██████████▀   ▐██      ▀████ 
  (
BUY LLN
)Twitter
Facebook
Telegram
hashxtag

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 12:18:19 PM

Any ideas why the price is decreasing? It's really illogical for me  Cry

Man, it's easy to understand = no marketing -> price not growing -> other coins growing -> impatient/normal investors dump and go for coins with good marketing.

Dev is working fine but without marketing (gaining new markets, exchanges, advertising, informing publicity and so on) you will achieve nothing.

Couple of ideas:

1) change the name to sth that has at least any association with money = change coin name (SFR or saffron does not sound like money, but like sh*t coin,m sorry but it's like that = wtf is saffron will ask average internet user so that you want to associate if with money?)
2) get new exchanges
3) start advertising and sharing news
   a) facebook/twitter/formus
   b) set link to forum on coinmarketcap (to get at least 1/10 trust)
   c) get crypto newspapers, get to bitcoinwisdom stats
   d) be regular in news = get a good marketing guy
einsteinium.biz

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2014, 12:24:15 PM
Last edit: November 14, 2014, 12:34:43 PM by einsteinium.biz

Any ideas why the price is decreasing? It's really illogical for me  Cry

Man, it's easy to understand = no marketing -> price not growing -> other coins growing -> impatient/normal investors dump and go for coins with good marketing.

Dev is working fine but without marketing (gaining new markets, exchanges, advertising, informing publicity and so on) you will achieve nothing.

Couple of ideas:

1) change the name to sth that has at least any association with money = change coin name (SFR or saffron does not sound like money, but like sh*t coin,m sorry but it's like that = wtf is saffron will ask average internet user so that you want to associate if with money?)
2) get new exchanges
3) start advertising and sharing news
   a) facebook/twitter/formus
   b) set link to forum on coinmarketcap (to get at least 1/10 trust)
   c) get crypto newspapers, get to bitcoinwisdom stats
   d) be regular in news = get a good marketing guy

Sounds like some wisdom there ... 

We actually came to the community, knocked on the door with a bag full of free publicity opportunity that no one took advantage of yet.
[click on the sig, click on the sig]

yup, I'm amazed too

Stinky_Pete

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 02:22:45 PM

Keep the name, I like it.

evok3d

Activity: 534

The Protocol for the Audience Economy

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 03:43:51 PM
Last edit: November 14, 2014, 04:04:32 PM by evok3d

Congratulations guys, Roshan has made it to the voting round. Great support +1

M E   D I   A
P  R -    ▄▄███████▄▄   
  ▄██████▀██████▄ 
 ███████   ███████
▐██████     ██████▌
██████▌     ▐██████
▐██████     ██████▌
 ▀██████▄ ▄██████▀
   ▀███████████▀  
      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     
- T  O  C - O - L
MEDIA Protocol in Action
              ▄▄██████▄▄
            ▄████████████▄
           █████▌ ▀▀███████
   ▄████▄▄██████     ▀█████▌
 ▄███▀ ▀████████      ▐█████
▐███▌   ▐████████      ████▌
▐███    ██████████▄▄  ▐████
 ▀███▄▄████▀▀████████████▀
   ▀▀███▀▀     ▀▀████▀▀
   ▄▄▄████████████████▄▄▄    
 ████████████████████████▄  
▐███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀████▌ 
████████████▀▀▀        █████ 
█████████▀             █████ 
███████              ▐█████ 
█████▀               ██████ 
███▌              ▄██████ 
█████             ▄█████████ 
████▌          ▄▄██████████ 
▐████▄▄▄▄██████████████████▌ 
 ▀███████████████████████▀  
   ▀▀███████████████████▀    
mig6r

Activity: 826

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 04:00:48 PM

It is deserved.
I hope this vote will help to draw attention to all the work done and outstanding on the SFR

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ▄▄██████████████▄
     █████████████████████▄
   █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀▀       ▀▀██████▄
 █████████               █████
▐███████▌                 ▀███▌
████████                   ████
▐██████▌                   ▐██▌
 ███████                   ███
  ███████                 ███
   ▀██████▄             ▄██▀
     ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
        ▀▀███████████▀▀

▄▄▄             ▄▄▄           ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
 ███             ███           ███   ███████▄      ███        ████████      ███                   ████████       ██████▄       ███   ███████████████▄
 ███             ███           ███   ███ ▀████     ███       ███▀  ▀███     ███                  ███▀  ▀███      ███ ▀███▄     ███   ███         ▀███
 ███             ███           ███   ███   ▀███▄   ███      ███▀    ▀███    ███                 ███▀    ▀███     ███   ████    ███   ███          ███
 ███             ███           ███   ███     ▀███▄ ███     ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████   ███                ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████    ███    ▀███▄  ███   ███          ███
 ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███       ███████    ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ███      ▀███▄███   ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
  ▀████████████▌  ▀█████████████▀    ███        ▀▀████   ███▀          ▀███  ▀█████████████  ███▀          ▀███  ███        ▀▀████   █████████████▀▀
                     ▄▄███████
                 ▄████████████
              ▄██████▀▀▀██████
       ▄▄   ▄███████     ████
   ▄▄███▀  ██████████▄▄▄████▀
 ▄████▀▀  █████████████████
         ████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
          ▀█████████▀
     ▄█▀    ▀██▀▀   ▄▄
    ██  ▄█▀      ▄███▌
   █████▀        ███▀
   ▀▀▀          ███▀
                ▀     

▄█████████  ███       ██▄      ▄██         █████       ████▌   ▄██████████   
 ██▌          ███        ▀██▄  ▄██▀          ██▌███     ██▀██▌  ▐██           
 ███████████  ███          ▀████▀            ██▌ ███   ██▀ ██▌  ▐███████████   
 ██▌          ███▄          ▐██▌             ██▌  ███ ██▀  ██▌  ▐██           
 ██▌           ▀█████████   ▐██▌             ██▌   ▀███▀   ██▌   ▀██████████

█████████████▌  ▄███████████▄         █████████████▌  ██▌      ▐██    ▄██████████         █████       █████    ▄██████████▄     ▄██████████▄   ▐████▄     ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██▀       ▀██▌             ▐██        ██▌      ▐██   ▐██                  ██▌███     ███▐██   ▐██▀      ▀██▌   ▐██▀      ▀██▌  ▐██▀███    ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██         ██▌             ▐██        ████████████   ▐███████████         ██▌ ███   ███ ▐██   ▐██        ██▌   ▐██        ██▌  ▐██  ▀██▄  ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██▄       ▄██▌             ▐██        ██▌      ▐██   ▐█▌                  ██▌  ███ ███  ▐██   ▐██▄      ▄██▌   ▐██▄      ▄██▌  ▐██    ▀██▄▐██ 
      ▐██        ▀███████████▀              ▐██        ██▌      ▐██    ▀██████████         ██▌   ▀███▀   ▐██    ▀██████████▀     ▀██████████▀   ▐██      ▀████ 
  (
BUY LLN
)Twitter
Facebook
Telegram
chickenfried12
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 08:55:59 PM

Hi Roshan, I have a question about the decentralized exchange you are setting up. I am wanting to create assets that can pay dividends but that can not be done in the US using Counterparty or Clearinghouse. Since you are using counterparty's technology will your exchange also forbid dividend payments from US accounts? Thanks in advance for your answer. 
einsteinium.biz

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2014, 09:15:04 PM

When it comes to voting matters you should always have strategic partners, EMC2 is willing to be a strategic partner with you, contact them. 

bitass

Activity: 83

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 11:08:43 PM

When it comes to voting matters you should always have strategic partners, EMC2 is willing to be a strategic partner with you, contact them. 

what exactly is emc2?
spartak_t
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1176

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2014, 11:40:29 PM

Just do what you said and that's it. Mohammed does not want to create hype, but he knows that SFR is lack of marketing.

cryptoholic11

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 12:08:43 AM

marketing is a form of hype...visa versa

Pages: « 1 ... 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 [194] 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 »
  Print  

Jump to: