News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: -
- - 0 (0%)
- - 0 (0%)
- - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: « 1 ... 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 [195] 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [SFR] SaffronCoin | Latest Version - 1.4.2/2.6.2 | Mandatory Wallet Update  (Read 437745 times)
spartak_t
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1176

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2014, 08:26:47 AM

marketing is a form of hype...visa versa

Well... agreed. Smiley

Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
spartak_t
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2014, 12:48:46 PM

Someone sold big time on 900 satoshi and placed order on 999. "Smart" move. Smiley

einsteinium.biz

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Free Publicity For Your Biz, Coin, Product, or Svc

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2014, 06:39:35 PM
Last edit: November 15, 2014, 06:57:02 PM by einsteinium.biz

When it comes to voting matters you should always have strategic partners, EMC2 is willing to be a strategic partner with you, contact them.  

what exactly is emc2?

EMC2 is short for Einsteinium a cause-coin that donates to worthwhile science endeavors, our projects are funded by the EMC2 community.  

Outside of EMC2's direct mission they are reaching out to other coin communities because they know the importance of protecting against scams, they know the value of a good contractor, and they know the importance of relationship building in the CC space.  

When it comes to strategic partnership you want someone who could give you a little more than you can do for yourself.  Think of it this way if your coin has a limited reach of 'X', and Emc2 has a limited reach of 'Y' the likelihood is great that 'x' and 'y' don't completely overlap and as such to whatever degree that they don't that is the extent that each may benefit from the other's 'extended' reach.  

You have your community and they have their community but there are VERY MANY things that both communities do that each could benefit via strategic partnership

When it comes to voting matters you should always have strategic partners, EMC2 is willing to be a strategic partner with you, contact them.  

Just do what you said and that's it. Mohammed does not want to create hype, but he knows that SFR is lack of marketing.

Huh?  What's that about?  

This is why having a Public Relations person or Marketing person is good for every coin, they often know what the leadership wants and have the authority to speak on their behalf because their were appointed by that leadership.  

Digithusiast

Activity: 886
Merit: 504

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 05:08:41 PM

Seems since april this year I totally overlooked Saffroncoin. Until now. Your dev being nominated made me look into Saffroncoin.
For any altcoin a trustworthy and active dev is necessity number 1. Being innovative is necessity number 2.
Saffroncoin has both. Very interesting.
spartak_t
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2014, 05:13:38 PM

Seems since april this year I totally overlooked Saffroncoin. Until now. Your dev being nominated made me look into Saffroncoin.
For any altcoin a trustworthy and active dev is necessity number 1. Being innovative is necessity number 2.

And SFR is DIRTY cheap right now. Wink

barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 05:23:24 PM

In my opinion the wallet alone is worth many times the current price. By I see several problems, chief among which is the one evidenced by "Digithusiast" -and which brought me here too-: No one knows of Saffron in altworld, no one. And ther name is one of the least-appealing names possible in crypto also, with the logo being a close follower. It appears that Roshan doesn't want to get the coin promoted because he doesn't want hype... well, not-hype in alts today means death of the coin, as simple as that. If investors hadn't heard of a coin, even if it is the best, it will simply die forgotten in a sea of scandal/scam-ridden It just won't work in the long run. , over populated scene with more and more scarcity of funds to invest. HYPE IS NEEDED. And, in this case, it won't be hype, it would be promotion of a great technical project, a very undervalued one.

I have already pointed out the other dangerous direction this coin project is going towards: Decentralization. Specifically a real decentralized market. It is a waste of time and resources... buit I won't repeat myself since I have recently addressed the subject here.

If I were Roshan, I would concentrate my efforts in letting people know a) that Saffron exists and b) that is one of the best altcoins and probably the most undervalued of all.
spartak_t
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2014, 05:30:10 PM

In my opinion the wallet alone is worth many times the current price. By I see several problems, chief among which is the one evidenced by "Digithusiast" -and which brought me here too-: No one knows of Saffron in altworld, no one. And ther name is one of the least-appealing names possible in crypto also, with the logo being a close follower. It appears that Roshan doesn't want to get the coin promoted because he doesn't want hype... well, not-hype in alts today means death of the coin, as simple as that. If investors hadn't heard of a coin, even if it is the best, it will simply die forgotten in a sea of scandal/scam-ridden It just won't work in the long run. , over populated scene with more and more scarcity of funds to invest. HYPE IS NEEDED. And, in this case, it won't be hype, it would be promotion of a great technical project, a very undervalued one.

I have already pointed out the other dangerous direction this coin project is going towards: Decentralization. Specifically a real decentralized market. It is a waste of time and resources... buit I won't repeat myself since I have recently addressed the subject here.

If I were Roshan, I would concentrate my efforts in letting people know a) that Saffron exists and b) that is one of the best altcoins and probably the most undervalued of all.

We already discussed the lack of marketing with Mohammed. He will be back in 1 or 2 days and something will be done about it.

barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 05:36:08 PM

We already discussed the lack of marketing with Mohammed. He will be back in 1 or 2 days and something will be done about it.

Who is "We" and Mohammed will be "back" from where exactly? I thought he was full time dedicated to Saffron... maybe I was misinformed?
spartak_t
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2014, 05:47:44 PM

Who is "We" and Mohammed will be "back" from where exactly? I thought he was full time dedicated to Saffron... maybe I was misinformed?

I meant that several people pointed the lack of marketing. Every time when price of some coin drops people are looking for reasons. Smiley It is clear that Roshan delivers everything that he first promised. At the moment he is not at his home I think and he will be back in 1 or 2 days. It's normal for people to travel from time to time.

barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 06:01:40 PM

I meant that several people pointed the lack of marketing. Every time when price of some coin drops people are looking for reasons. Smiley It is clear that Roshan delivers everything that he first promised. At the moment he is not at his home I think and he will be back in 1 or 2 days. It's normal for people to travel from time to time.

Of course when a coin's price drops people, naturally, look for reasons. That's when the dev comes in and reassures them investors or otherwise defends the project. And yes it is normal for people to travel but in today's world travelling doesn't mean absence since we are connected 24/7 regardless where we travel. No one is implying Roshan doesn't deliver but a coin project should be an as dynamic and flexible one as possible for it to be successful. Unless totally failing, a very active BTCT thread is a clear  proof of interest and success, especially if the content is worthwhile rather than the usual confrontation/defense crap between skeptics and cheerleaders. Frequent presence of the main dev is a necessity.
spartak_t
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2014, 06:12:43 PM

I believe that things around SFR will be changed soon. In my opinion Saffron and VIA are one of the best investments. Many ICO's were launched and people are selling like crazy. A lot of good coins are suffering at the moment, but wait until MAT and KnC ship their miners. The price will surely be different.

Digithusiast

Activity: 886
Merit: 504

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 08:08:19 PM

Sorry if I am missing something, but I looked at multiple SFR mining pools and it seems mining is halted, is that right, and if so, why?
Also the brilliant SFRpay option with PayPal in the wallet (which I am eager to try!) reports a temporary disabled message. Will it be functional again anytime soon?

spartak_t
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2014, 08:17:12 PM

Sorry if I am missing something, but I looked at multiple SFR mining pools and it seems mining is halted, is that right, and if so, why?
Also the brilliant SFRpay option with PayPal in the wallet (which I am eager to try!) reports a temporary disabled message. Will it be functional again anytime soon?

http://pool.saffroncoin.com looks that is working fine tho I didn't use it recently.

Wasda

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

Smile if you're not wearing any underwear

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 08:17:51 PM

Hey folks, we are closing SFRPay temporarily due to issues with Paypal. There were some unexpected heavy buys yesterday which amounted to about 390k SFR being bought in 4 hours. That completely emptied out the SFRPay wallet.
Due to that many weren't able to redeem their voucher codes and filed a complaint at paypal for a refund. Due to many complaints yesterday, Paypal have currently locked our merchant account and we are in talks to get this sorted out quickly.
I had requested to the SFRPay users that if you have any problems related to SFRPay, please send a mail rather than filing a complaint.
Those users that sent a mail, got the problem sorted out quickly. Paypal sucks big time so filing a complaint is certainly not going to help anyone and it hurts such a good unique feature we have.
They said we have to wait for 72 hours to have the issue sorted out.

What the hell, WTF would people immediately file a complaint to PayPal for something like this?!  What the hell is wrong with you that did this?  There has to be a trust issue for you to do this rather than contacting the dev team, I don't understand this with a VERY trustworthy team as we have here!

ebay and paypal ===>>  scammers' heaven

Yup! I have about $1400 locked in my account and i can't withdraw. Lost a big no. of SFR due to this since i can't buy back because the money is locked. Paypal sucks to the core. I gave them a piece of my mind on the phone. They are supposed to get back with some solution this Monday.
Its a pity that such a useful feature had to be closed down just because some could not send a mail regarding their issue instead of filing complaints.

▬◇
▬◇▬◆
▬◇▬◇▬◆

███
███░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████
██░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░██░░░
██░░░░█░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
██████░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░░░░░░░██████
██░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░██
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░█░░░░██
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░███
███
◇▬
◆▬◇▬
◆▬◇▬◇▬
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 08:19:35 PM

I just discovered that the full wallet downloads the blockchain that is quite bloated at 10GB... and will keep on bloating. This is a grave inconvenient. Any planned workaround or solution Roshan?
Wasda

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 08:30:57 PM

I just discovered that the full wallet downloads the blockchain that is quite bloated at 10GB... and will keep on bloating. This is a grave inconvenient. Any planned workaround or solution Roshan?

What ? are you sure ? how do I check this on my computer to confirm this ? my Appdata directory is not that big.

▬◇
▬◇▬◆
▬◇▬◇▬◆

███
███░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░███
███
◇▬
◆▬◇▬
◆▬◇▬◇▬
mig6r

Activity: 826
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 08:59:33 PM

290Mo for me

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ▄▄██████████████▄
     █████████████████████▄
   █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀▀       ▀▀██████▄
 █████████               █████
▐███████▌                 ▀███▌
████████                   ████
▐██████▌                   ▐██▌
 ███████                   ███
  ███████                 ███
   ▀██████▄             ▄██▀
     ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
        ▀▀███████████▀▀

▄▄▄             ▄▄▄           ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
 ███             ███           ███   ███████▄      ███        ████████      ███                   ████████       ██████▄       ███   ███████████████▄
 ███             ███           ███   ███ ▀████     ███       ███▀  ▀███     ███                  ███▀  ▀███      ███ ▀███▄     ███   ███         ▀███
 ███             ███           ███   ███   ▀███▄   ███      ███▀    ▀███    ███                 ███▀    ▀███     ███   ████    ███   ███          ███
 ███             ███           ███   ███     ▀███▄ ███     ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████   ███                ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████    ███    ▀███▄  ███   ███          ███
 ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███       ███████    ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ███      ▀███▄███   ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
  ▀████████████▌  ▀█████████████▀    ███        ▀▀████   ███▀          ▀███  ▀█████████████  ███▀          ▀███  ███        ▀▀████   █████████████▀▀
                     ▄▄███████
                 ▄████████████
              ▄██████▀▀▀██████
       ▄▄   ▄███████     ████
   ▄▄███▀  ██████████▄▄▄████▀
 ▄████▀▀  █████████████████
         ████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
          ▀█████████▀
     ▄█▀    ▀██▀▀   ▄▄
    ██  ▄█▀      ▄███▌
   █████▀        ███▀
   ▀▀▀          ███▀
                ▀     

▄█████████  ███       ██▄      ▄██         █████       ████▌   ▄██████████   
 ██▌          ███        ▀██▄  ▄██▀          ██▌███     ██▀██▌  ▐██           
 ███████████  ███          ▀████▀            ██▌ ███   ██▀ ██▌  ▐███████████   
 ██▌          ███▄          ▐██▌             ██▌  ███ ██▀  ██▌  ▐██           
 ██▌           ▀█████████   ▐██▌             ██▌   ▀███▀   ██▌   ▀██████████

█████████████▌  ▄███████████▄         █████████████▌  ██▌      ▐██    ▄██████████         █████       █████    ▄██████████▄     ▄██████████▄   ▐████▄     ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██▀       ▀██▌             ▐██        ██▌      ▐██   ▐██                  ██▌███     ███▐██   ▐██▀      ▀██▌   ▐██▀      ▀██▌  ▐██▀███    ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██         ██▌             ▐██        ████████████   ▐███████████         ██▌ ███   ███ ▐██   ▐██        ██▌   ▐██        ██▌  ▐██  ▀██▄  ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██▄       ▄██▌             ▐██        ██▌      ▐██   ▐█▌                  ██▌  ███ ███  ▐██   ▐██▄      ▄██▌   ▐██▄      ▄██▌  ▐██    ▀██▄▐██ 
      ▐██        ▀███████████▀              ▐██        ██▌      ▐██    ▀██████████         ██▌   ▀███▀   ▐██    ▀██████████▀     ▀██████████▀   ▐██      ▀████ 
  (
BUY LLN
)Twitter
Facebook
Telegram
Wasda

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 09:02:55 PM

my whole saffroncoin folder inside Appdata is only 234mb which I assume the blockchain is stored in there too

▬◇
▬◇▬◆
▬◇▬◇▬◆

███
███░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░███
███
◇▬
◆▬◇▬
◆▬◇▬◇▬
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 10:22:36 PM

What ? are you sure ? how do I check this on my computer to confirm this ? my Appdata directory is not that big.

mig6r

Activity: 826
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 11:05:38 PM

25 gigabytes, maybe in 10 years  Roll Eyes
This is the the default qt wallet message, the data file can contain up to 25GB ...
Yet it does not even 300MB ...

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ▄▄██████████████▄
     █████████████████████▄
   █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀▀       ▀▀██████▄
 █████████               █████
▐███████▌                 ▀███▌
████████                   ████
▐██████▌                   ▐██▌
 ███████                   ███
  ███████                 ███
   ▀██████▄             ▄██▀
     ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
        ▀▀███████████▀▀

▄▄▄             ▄▄▄           ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
 ███             ███           ███   ███████▄      ███        ████████      ███                   ████████       ██████▄       ███   ███████████████▄
 ███             ███           ███   ███ ▀████     ███       ███▀  ▀███     ███                  ███▀  ▀███      ███ ▀███▄     ███   ███         ▀███
 ███             ███           ███   ███   ▀███▄   ███      ███▀    ▀███    ███                 ███▀    ▀███     ███   ████    ███   ███          ███
 ███             ███           ███   ███     ▀███▄ ███     ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████   ███                ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████    ███    ▀███▄  ███   ███          ███
 ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███       ███████    ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ███      ▀███▄███   ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
  ▀████████████▌  ▀█████████████▀    ███        ▀▀████   ███▀          ▀███  ▀█████████████  ███▀          ▀███  ███        ▀▀████   █████████████▀▀
                     ▄▄███████
                 ▄████████████
              ▄██████▀▀▀██████
       ▄▄   ▄███████     ████
   ▄▄███▀  ██████████▄▄▄████▀
 ▄████▀▀  █████████████████
         ████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
          ▀█████████▀
     ▄█▀    ▀██▀▀   ▄▄
    ██  ▄█▀      ▄███▌
   █████▀        ███▀
   ▀▀▀          ███▀
                ▀     

▄█████████  ███       ██▄      ▄██         █████       ████▌   ▄██████████   
 ██▌          ███        ▀██▄  ▄██▀          ██▌███     ██▀██▌  ▐██           
 ███████████  ███          ▀████▀            ██▌ ███   ██▀ ██▌  ▐███████████   
 ██▌          ███▄          ▐██▌             ██▌  ███ ██▀  ██▌  ▐██           
 ██▌           ▀█████████   ▐██▌             ██▌   ▀███▀   ██▌   ▀██████████

█████████████▌  ▄███████████▄         █████████████▌  ██▌      ▐██    ▄██████████         █████       █████    ▄██████████▄     ▄██████████▄   ▐████▄     ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██▀       ▀██▌             ▐██        ██▌      ▐██   ▐██                  ██▌███     ███▐██   ▐██▀      ▀██▌   ▐██▀      ▀██▌  ▐██▀███    ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██         ██▌             ▐██        ████████████   ▐███████████         ██▌ ███   ███ ▐██   ▐██        ██▌   ▐██        ██▌  ▐██  ▀██▄  ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██▄       ▄██▌             ▐██        ██▌      ▐██   ▐█▌                  ██▌  ███ ███  ▐██   ▐██▄      ▄██▌   ▐██▄      ▄██▌  ▐██    ▀██▄▐██ 
      ▐██        ▀███████████▀              ▐██        ██▌      ▐██    ▀██████████         ██▌   ▀███▀   ▐██    ▀██████████▀     ▀██████████▀   ▐██      ▀████ 
  (
BUY LLN
)Twitter
Facebook
Telegram
Pages: « 1 ... 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 [195] 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 »
  Print  

Jump to: