Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:30:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 [108] 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Orbitcoin v1.6.3.0 ~ NeoScrypt ~ Green Stake ~ 10 Years Old  (Read 200999 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
ghostlander (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1239
Merit: 1020

No surrender, no retreat, no regret.

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2018, 04:23:54 PM

I need help combining and splitting my coin blocks. As I read, 20-50 is optimal for staking. I am not a programmer so the commands and instructions elude me.  Can someone teach me how to do this so I can make my wallet more efficient?

Thanks in advance!

Also for mining, I am using Aikapool, and it appears to be growing...I do wish the block rewards were more than 1 coin, but hey...

20 to 50 coins was optimal a couple of years ago. It's maybe 50 to 100 coins now. Don't bother with manual splitting. Set the split/combine thresholds in your orbitcoin.conf and let the wallet manage your coins automatically.

"If you've got a problem and have to spread some coins to make it go away, you've got no problem. You've got an expence." ~ Phoenixcoin (PXC) and Orbitcoin (ORB) and Halcyon (HAL)
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
madav1138

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 09:03:30 PM

I need help combining and splitting my coin blocks. As I read, 20-50 is optimal for staking. I am not a programmer so the commands and instructions elude me.  Can someone teach me how to do this so I can make my wallet more efficient?

Thanks in advance!

Also for mining, I am using Aikapool, and it appears to be growing...I do wish the block rewards were more than 1 coin, but hey...

20 to 50 coins was optimal a couple of years ago. It's maybe 50 to 100 coins now. Don't bother with manual splitting. Set the split/combine thresholds in your orbitcoin.conf and let the wallet manage your coins automatically.

Thanks but how do I do this?

I don't see an orbitcoin.conf

I know nothing about this, if you dont mind walking me through it, greatly appreciated.

Just trying to learn.
ghostlander (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2018, 09:12:11 PM

Thanks in advance!

I know nothing about this, if you dont mind walking me through it, greatly appreciated.

Just trying to learn.

Create orbitcoin.conf in your data subdirectory. There is an example in the OP.

"If you've got a problem and have to spread some coins to make it go away, you've got no problem. You've got an expence." ~ Phoenixcoin (PXC) and Orbitcoin (ORB) and Halcyon (HAL)
madav1138

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 09:17:59 PM

Thanks in advance!

Just trying to learn.

Ok I copy pasted that example it didnt change anything.
FractalUniverse

Activity: 1034
Merit: 558

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 10:17:17 PM

Yes, the reason for delisting is really silly. I need an alternative for cryptopia.

Orbitcoin is listed on 3 exchanges. Not enough?

ORBUSD market would be great addition though.
 can you make cryptopia add orbitcoin to usdt market from position of developer? or do they have some special requirement for enabling usdt we cannot fulfill?
ghostlander (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2018, 12:53:30 AM

Yes, the reason for delisting is really silly. I need an alternative for cryptopia.

Orbitcoin is listed on 3 exchanges. Not enough?

ORBUSD market would be great addition though.
 can you make cryptopia add orbitcoin to usdt market from position of developer? or do they have some special requirement for enabling usdt we cannot fulfill?

I'm not aware of any special requirements for their USDT/NZDT markets. I suppose they are more interested in the community support in favour of these markets rather than my personal position.

ghostlander (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2018, 01:48:51 PM

Thanks in advance!

Just trying to learn.

RPC getmininginfo can tell you what has changed and what not.

madav1138

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 04:36:58 PM

Thanks in advance!

Thanks

Just trying to learn.

RPC getmininginfo can tell you what has changed and what not.

Ok well, what I did was...I copy pasted the OP instructions, but if the file a .cfg or .conf...also, are the instructions supposed to be in some kind of order with hash marks and all that...I just copy pasted it into text file and created a cfg extension. If you can explain it to me like Im a 5 year old.

Thanks guys I appreciate the responses
versprichnix

Activity: 876
Merit: 291

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 05:16:01 PM

My linux configuration file "orbitcoin.conf" contains the following lines:
stakecombine=500
stakesplit=1000
madav1138

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 06:43:55 PM

My linux configuration file "orbitcoin.conf" contains the following lines:
stakecombine=500
stakesplit=1000

So its reads like this:

irc=1
dns=1
qtstyle=2
daemon=1
server=1
stakegen=1
logtimestamps=1
minersleep=2000
stakemintime=72
stakecombine=50
stakesplit=100
port=15298
rpcport=15299
rpcuser=someuser
rpcpassword=somepassword
addnode=seed0.orbitcoin.org:15298
addnode=seed1.orbitcoin.org:15298

and then I saved it as "orbitcoin.conf" in the data subfolder

What am I missing?  Because it didn't change anything in the wallet.

synthgauge

Activity: 1149
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 06:57:58 PM
Last edit: July 17, 2022, 11:59:42 PM by synthgauge

Orbitcoin (ORB) listed at https://MissExchange.com

Trading pair:
ORB/BTC

Happy trading Smiley

Best Regards MissExchange

Orbitcoin (ORB) delisted from Exchange because of no volume, non deposit and non activity.

Best Regards MissExchange

Lolwut? Delisted for lack of activity after a mere 3 days? On an exchange I've never heard of before?

This is where we all are. U are crying out. As uve lost a number of satoshis just recently u cant afford a mug wipe for ur face to mask those lube-like tears. I ll ship u a nice cotton rounded wipe made of human skin under the condition that u will always have to carry it in ur portable clutch. Should my eyes see u around here again I will bestow a bonemelting punch upon ur head.

versprichnix

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 09:02:06 PM

@madav1138

Enter command "getmininginfo" into the console. What are the values of variables "stakecombine" and "stakesplit"?
madav1138

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 11:43:21 PM

@madav1138

Enter command "getmininginfo" into the console. What are the values of variables "stakecombine" and "stakesplit"?

When I ran it last time I didn't see either of those listed

Seperate note, why is there no whitepaper and who is the original Dev and who are the current team members?
versprichnix

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 11:57:36 PM

@madav1138

In this case we are running different wallets. Mine is version 1.6.0.0 on Ubuntu 14.04.5.
madav1138

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 12:04:02 AM

@madav1138

In this case we are running different wallets. Mine is version 1.6.0.0 on Ubuntu 14.04.5.

Ok yes sorry Im not being specific...I am running the 1.6 Windows wallet...thanks
ghostlander (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2018, 08:11:31 AM

Seperate note, why is there no whitepaper and who is the original Dev and who are the current team members?

I write a white paper if I develop something new which cannot be explained in a forum post like I've done with the NeoScrypt algorithm. I've never thought Orbitcoin needs a white paper of its own.

There was no original dev. One chap wanted a customised coin, so he paid another chap who made it happen. That was in 2013. Since the 1st chap had no clue in programming and the 2nd one had no intention of working for free, things went downhill in just a few months. I was contracted to fix it up and took over eventually.

madav1138

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 02:00:35 PM

I write a white paper if I develop something new which cannot be explained in a forum post like I've done with the NeoScrypt algorithm. I've never thought Orbitcoin needs a white paper of its own.

There was no original dev. One chap wanted a customised coin, so he paid another chap who made it happen. That was in 2013. Since the 1st chap had no clue in programming and the 2nd one had no intention of working for free, things went downhill in just a few months. I was contracted to fix it up and took over eventually.

Ghostlander, Ok I read about you as the original dev just last night. This is a great coin with huge value compared to other coins.  Your staking in wallet is ingenious, and the value of the coin has been maintained. I think you should be proud man. Also I don't think this coin would be difficult to market to get other investors involved. Definitely just needs a direction. I have been asking around in other coin communities about in wallet staking and no one seems to know how or understand this.  Everyone wants investors to drop loads on master nodes.  Thank you ghostlander, your contributions are immense!  And you developed NSGminer correct? wow. Im a fan!

Ok,

Can you help me with this .conf file that I cant seem to get working?
madav1138

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 02:19:23 PM

Ghostlander, I would love to help with this project and I know others who can lend a hand here too. Some landmarks have already been reached with this coin. How can we get into contact?

ghostlander (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2018, 08:40:35 PM

Ghostlander, Ok I read about you as the original dev just last night. This is a great coin with huge value compared to other coins.  Your staking in wallet is ingenious, and the value of the coin has been maintained. I think you should be proud man. Also I don't think this coin would be difficult to market to get other investors involved. Definitely just needs a direction. I have been asking around in other coin communities about in wallet staking and no one seems to know how or understand this.  Everyone wants investors to drop loads on master nodes.  Thank you ghostlander, your contributions are immense!  And you developed NSGminer correct? wow. Im a fan!

Ok,

I'm inclined to think the whole concept of master nodes is unfair. One coin holder should not have a financial advantage over another coin holder just because he is a kind of whale. Everyone must have the same rights in a decentralised trustless network.

Yes, NSGminer is my work. I've forked BFGminer about 2.5 years back, customised it and added NeoScrypt. There may be faster miners out there, but NSGminer is open source and comes with more features than any competitor.

If you put orbitcoin.conf, a simple ASCII text file, in your data subdirectory, it should be picked up by the wallet on a start-up.

madav1138

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 04:57:06 PM

Ok,

I'm inclined to think the whole concept of master nodes is unfair. One coin holder should not have a financial advantage over another coin holder just because he is a kind of whale. Everyone must have the same rights in a decentralised trustless network.

Yes, NSGminer is my work. I've forked BFGminer about 2.5 years back, customised it and added NeoScrypt. There may be faster miners out there, but NSGminer is open source and comes with more features than any competitor.

If you put orbitcoin.conf, a simple ASCII text file, in your data subdirectory, it should be picked up by the wallet on a start-up.

Should I stay with Orbit or migrate everything to Trezar? Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 [108] 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 »
  Print  

Jump to: