Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 07:49:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 [330] 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 ... 535 »
  Print  
Author Topic: | Nxt | Blockchain Platform | Proof of Stake | Official  (Read 940984 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
PilotofBTC
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 03:32:05 AM

I am new to this. How long should the wallet password has to be at least? Is 50 chars enough?

It depends on the level on entropy. A randomly generated password of 12 or more characters is very strong.

What I suggest, get lastpass or 1password or keepass. Use diceware http://world.std.com/~reinhold/diceware.html to create a 7 word master password for whatever password software you chose.

Then, either generate a 15 or more character random password, set the tool to use upper/lower case, numerics and other characters. Or, let NRS generate a 12 word password and use that. Store it in your password manager.
Lorenzo

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 12:07:40 PM

Electrum recently switched from 12 word to 13 word seeds. Are there any plans for NXT to do the same?
Eadeqa

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 06:12:34 PM

Electrum recently switched from 12 word to 13 word seeds. Are there any plans for NXT to do the same?

Electrum's 13th word is just checksum. It doesn't add any entropy/security. You are free to add your own word if you want.

Nomi, Shan, Adnan, Noshi, Nxt, Adn Khn
NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
https://github.com/Lafihh/encryptiontest
Armis

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 06:39:29 PM

NXT Community Support Request.

According to a core developer NXT MS currencies are not designed to work 'off the shelf' / 'out the box' at outside exchanges.  However, jl777 indicated that with a few code changes, exchanges that currently host NXT Assets can easily host NXT Currencies.   I'd like to see this wonderful new technology (NXT MS) introduced to a wider audience by way of inclusion of various MS currencies at other exchanges, as such I'm spearheading an effort to have NXT's MS currencies tested and integrated at non-NXT currency exchanges, I'd like your assistance in this regard.  

I've submitted Pi as the lead NXT MS currency for the effort -- Pi is the PICISI currency with the currency code NUMUS.  For various reasons I think it is an ideal test subject, but it is only one currency, for good and proper testing there should be variety.  If you have a currency tied to a specific purpose please submit your currency for inclusion in the testing.  

NXT developers did a tremendous job creating this new technology (MS), let's do what we can to realize its potential.   Let me know if you support the effort even if you don't have a currency to submit.  
mamamae
Legendary

Activity: 1188

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 08:57:36 PM

i made a currency , Metalwars Mwars is tied with the
Lamb Cooper asset on ripple for fullMetalWars Game in Beta:
http://prosperitygames.net/news/full-metal-wars-closed-beta-is-here/
as my currency is buyed i buy the asset on Ripple the coin is
prosperity coin (on Ripple PRO)
and is tied with 10 % revenue on the game
1 000 000 coin all rewarded by the firm Lamb and Cooper
for 10 % revenue of the game !

reality ? you fell to Scammers after being in an ICO , IPO
(more like any other stock and index in the world ICO or not got your portfolio down 25 % or 85 %)
Now  SEC is helping you getting back up your lost money maybe....
ShroomsKit_Disgrace
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

Yeah! I hate ShroomsKit!

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 09:03:39 PM

AMAZING IDEA:

According to a core developer NXT MS currencies are not designed to work 'off the shelf' / 'out the box' at outside exchanges.  However, jl777 indicated that with a few code changes, exchanges that currently host NXT Assets can easily host NXT Currencies.   I'd like to see this wonderful new technology (NXT MS) introduced to a wider audience by way of inclusion of various MS currencies at other exchanges, as such I'm spearheading an effort to have NXT's MS currencies tested and integrated at non-NXT currency exchanges, I'd like your assistance in this regard.  

I've submitted Pi as the lead NXT MS currency for the effort -- Pi is the PICISI currency with the currency code NUMUS.  For various reasons I think it is an ideal test subject, but it is only one currency, for good and proper testing there should be variety.  If you have a currency tied to a specific purpose please submit your currency for inclusion in the testing.  

NXT developers did a tremendous job creating this new technology (MS), let's do what we can to realize its potential.   Let me know if you support the effort even if you don't have a currency to submit.  
Appleanimal

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 10:49:55 PM

Is there ever a need to re-backup an NXT wallet like there is with BTC and other wallets?

Which client are you using to access Nxt? The answer is different, depending on this.

It's NRS.
you need your password

write here your passphrase

▰   SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   ▰
■▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬■
Github   -   Discord   -   Twitter   -   Telegram   -   Get Free Airdrop Now!
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

Activity: 1680

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2015, 12:29:50 AM

Is there ever a need to re-backup an NXT wallet like there is with BTC and other wallets?

Which client are you using to access Nxt? The answer is different, depending on this.

It's NRS.
you need your password

your passphrase

Armis

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 12:58:21 AM

Mamamae, that is good, however it sounds like it is on ripple's system.  Do you also have a currency on NXT's Monetary System?  

AMAZING IDEA:

ShroomsKit_Disgrace, thanks for that, can we count on your social media and crowdpressure assistance?

Regarding social media attention, please sent the following message to NXT MS Currency creators:

Hi, PICISI (a start-up under development) recently issued an NXT MS Currency, they are seeking to have the currency represented at various currency exchanges, however according to the NXT developers MS currencies were not created for off the shelf integration for outside currency exchanges.  However, Jl777 has indicated that with minimal code adjustment currency exchanges that currently host NXT Assets could also accept NXT Currencies.  As such, PICISI's team is locating and approaching various CC exchanges to request that they test NXT's newest technology (MS) using Pi and other active MS currency.  

If testing goes well the upside is your currency might get listed at various exchanges, your currency will have a wider market, and your currency will receive free publicity, if testing goes badly you might lose some of your currency.  Those interested in being part of this endeavor contact the PICISI team at the NXT or BCT forum.  

Please share this message with others  

Crowdpressure.

The PICISI admin team is actively reaching out to various CC exchanges asking them to use Pi to test the NXT MS currency at their exchange.  It would be great if you could help us apply the encouragement that comes with strategically applied community pressure.
PilotofBTC
Legendary

Activity: 1736

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 03:55:45 AM

It's NRS.
you need your password

Umm... what?
JohnnyBTCSeed

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 05:44:16 AM

The Cereal Artist STRIKES again!!

http://www.liquidtech.info/
Armis

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 12:30:22 PM

GREAT EXPECTATIONS AHEAD FOR PICISI’S NEW CURRENCY

NXT has grown from an innovative cryptocurrency (CC) to a financial ecosystem. As a currency NXT performs at the upper levels of all ranking charts, as an asset platform NXT has a stable of high performers burning up the charts; and now with NXT’s new Monetary System more high performance is expected.

PICISI, a pre-launch start-up, is a crowdfunding site designed to accept national currency (USD, EUR, GBP, etc …) and CC. It is being positioned as an influential player in the CC space. Recently it quietly issued its currency (Pi) on NXT’s Monetary System.

Full article here: http://www.crowdfundingpr.org/great-expectations-ahead-picisis-new-currency/#  Please support the effort with your encouraging comment at the article.  It was published moments ago so 'it's fresh off the press' .
mamamae
Legendary

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 04:24:04 PM

my coin is on NXT blockchain is Mwars
is going to be backed by my buy on ripple of the coin prosperity

Mamamae, that is good, however it sounds like it is on ripple's system.  Do you also have a currency on NXT's Monetary System?  

AMAZING IDEA:

ShroomsKit_Disgrace, thanks for that, can we count on your social media and crowdpressure assistance?

Regarding social media attention, please sent the following message to NXT MS Currency creators:

Hi, PICISI (a start-up under development) recently issued an NXT MS Currency, they are seeking to have the currency represented at various currency exchanges, however according to the NXT developers MS currencies were not created for off the shelf integration for outside currency exchanges.  However, Jl777 has indicated that with minimal code adjustment currency exchanges that currently host NXT Assets could also accept NXT Currencies.  As such, PICISI's team is locating and approaching various CC exchanges to request that they test NXT's newest technology (MS) using Pi and other active MS currency.  

If testing goes well the upside is your currency might get listed at various exchanges, your currency will have a wider market, and your currency will receive free publicity, if testing goes badly you might lose some of your currency.  Those interested in being part of this endeavor contact the PICISI team at the NXT or BCT forum.  

Please share this message with others  

Crowdpressure.

The PICISI admin team is actively reaching out to various CC exchanges asking them to use Pi to test the NXT MS currency at their exchange.  It would be great if you could help us apply the encouragement that comes with strategically applied community pressure.

(more like any other stock and index in the world ICO or not got your portfolio down 25 % or 85 %)
mamamae
Legendary

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 05:04:47 PM

excuse me if i'm off topic but well i can't resist,
if someone has some BTC to claim from Gox here a way to reclaim and free trading on Kraken:
http://blog.kraken.com/post/116672768472/file-your-mtgox-creditor-claim-with-kraken-and

habraken

Activity: 251
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 06:22:45 PM

PICISI, a pre-launch start-up, is a crowdfunding site designed to accept national currency (USD, EUR, GBP, etc …) and CC. It is being positioned as an influential player in the CC space. Recently it quietly issued its currency (Pi) on NXT’s Monetary System.[/i]

Could PICISI collaborate with http://www.nxt-starter.com/ ?
Damelon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1010

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 10:34:14 PM

https://nxtforum.org/nrs-releases/nrs-v1-5-6e/

This is a development release for testing only. Source code is not provided.

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Release 1.5.6e

https://bitbucket.org/JeanLucPicard/nxt/downloads/nxt-client-1.5.6e.zip

sha256:

e9733f755961468bd7684862394bd564c1e80c1a7f1af075c490bf9e54a37985  nxt-client-1.5.6e.zip

This is a development release for testing only. Source code is not provided.

Change log:

This is an experimental release. It is a required update for all testnet nodes,
but is also possible to run on main net.

Peer networking improvements.

Announced addresses are always verified to resolve back to the peer address and
not accepted if they don't. Old peer instances and old announced addresses are
removed when a peer with dynamic IP changes address.

If nxt.maxNumberOfKnownPeers (default 2000) is exceeded, the peers pool size is
reduced back to nxt.minNumberOfKnownPeers (default 1000), keeping the highest
hallmarked peers first.

Peers are only identified by IP address now, not by address and port. Multiple
nodes sharing the same IP address will be treated as one peer, with announced
address and port as of the most recent GetInfo request or response sent out of
or received from this address.

Incompatible change: If using non-default port, the hallmark must also include
that port, otherwise the hallmark is ignored.

Optimizations in unconfirmed transaction propagation. When forwarding newly
received unconfirmed transactions to peers, if their count exceeds 10, the
broadcast is done in multiple batches of 10. When requesting unconfirmed
transactions from a peer, the ids of the transactions currently in the pool
are included in the request, so that the remote node does not need to include
them in the response. The response size is also limited to 100 transactions,
unless the requesting node does not provide such exclude parameter.

Each tagged data can now also have a channel field. The searchTaggedData API
can filter the search results by channel, and a new getChannelTaggedData API
has been added to retrieve tagged data by channel, optionally filtered by
account too.

Fixed the UI for AddPeer and BlacklistPeer to accept admin password if needed.

"Approve Transaction" action is now available in the transaction info actions
tab.

"Reveal Secret" field is added to the "Approve Transaction" modal when voting
model is "By Hash".

Enhanced the /test page to accept and pre-fill the test forms with any parameter
values supplied in the url, e.g.:
http://localhost:7876/test?requestType=getBlocks&lastIndex=10&includeTransactions=true

This release will perform a full rescan on test net.

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.12 (GNU/Linux)
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=Wl/f
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

Member of the Nxt Foundation | Donations: NXT-D6K7-MLY6-98FM-FLL5T
Join Nxt Slack! https://nxtchat.herokuapp.com/
Founder of Blockchain Workspace | Personal Site & Blog
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1531

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 05:38:41 PM

Great news! Love to see NXT is becoming more and more attractive for startups and fintech companies  Cool
GREAT EXPECTATIONS AHEAD FOR PICISI’S NEW CURRENCY

NXT has grown from an innovative cryptocurrency (CC) to a financial ecosystem. As a currency NXT performs at the upper levels of all ranking charts, as an asset platform NXT has a stable of high performers burning up the charts; and now with NXT’s new Monetary System more high performance is expected.

PICISI, a pre-launch start-up, is a crowdfunding site designed to accept national currency (USD, EUR, GBP, etc …) and CC. It is being positioned as an influential player in the CC space. Recently it quietly issued its currency (Pi) on NXT’s Monetary System.

Full article here: http://www.crowdfundingpr.org/great-expectations-ahead-picisis-new-currency/#  Please support the effort with your encouraging comment at the article.  It was published moments ago so 'it's fresh off the press' .

allwelder
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 12:31:50 AM

Hey,Damelon
Updated to 1.4.17 on OP. Smiley

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
EvilDave

Activity: 854

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 07:46:27 PM

Some news that got posted on the original ANN thread:

PURCHASE ON AMAZON.COM WITH NXT: ShapeShift.io‬ has partnered with Purse.io, a service that matches customers wishing to purchase ‪bitcoin‬ with bitcoin holders wanting to purchase items with retail giant Amazon.com. You can now make your purchases with Nxt: http://bit.ly/1JTnSdP

TL:DR You can buy stuff on Amazon using NXT (+others) via http://Purse.io

http://www.virtual-strategy.com/2015/04/29/purseio-integrates-shapeshift-allowing-digital-asset-deposits

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
allwelder
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 01:44:18 AM

New version of FreeMarket is available now,enjoy it now.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Pages: « 1 ... 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 [330] 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 ... 535 »
  Print  

Jump to: